Old 03-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #91  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Right on, Zumba! Congratulations! Paid to work out, not shabby at all.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello...I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I taught today, got my hair done (feel so glam). DH bought breakfast this morning, egg and cheese on a kaiser roll...I felt bad telling him taht I didn't want it and ate it in the car on the way to work. Kaiser roll must have shot my carb count way up high, so no more carbs except for salad the rest of the day......! I have a craving for greek salad with grilled chicken on it......atleast i'm craving something yummy!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #93  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Whoo hoo, after going to a birthday party at a Mexican restaurant last night I am down 2 more pounds - so down 6 on the 6th! I have met my Patty's Day goal already and need to make a new one! I guess 4 pounds sees doable.

Edit: Thinking about starting last week and something is amiss. Either between the past two weeks I lost 6 lbs or I wasn't as heavy as the scale said when I first weighed myself because there is no way I lost 3lbs in 3 days! lol

Last edited by archychick; 03-06-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Something is amiss
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #94  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Didn't track all weekend, and didn't go to the gym. I keep waking up in the middle of the night after only a few hours of sleep, then I'm up for hours, and finally fall back alsleep just before it's time to get up. Was draggy and cranky all weekend. Luckily last night was better and I got a solid 7-8 hours. Have healthy food packed for the day and will be back at the gym tonight. Writing everything in my food log. Not weighing in until Friday, though - I'm sure I'm up.

Catch up w/ everyone later.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #95  

ARCHY:::CONGRATS ON MEETING YOUR ST PAT"S GOAL!!

Natamars: I've had a hard time with sleep also lately and it truly does wear you down and out....I'm also going to start logging again....I'm starting to get kind of annoyed at how long this is taking...

My boss had a fantabulous party on Sunday and I was able to keep it low carb until the desserts came out...funny though, sugar doesn't taste as good as it used to..but I ate it all anyway....major setback but I'm pretty much temptation free until St Patrick's day except for my son's bday on Thursday...tiny piece of cake is all I will allow myself and then whatever is leftover is being thrown out.....

Hang in there everybody.........................where is Bama?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:21 AM   #96  
Hopeful Member

Monday: 1265 cal. 55 min treadmill, including jogging 3 mi @ 4.7mph

Yesterday went much better. Felt good to be on track. My sleep has been better the last few nights.

zumba, sounds like you've been doing well. My son's birthday is coming up too. He's turning 8 next week. We're having his party Saturday so I know that day will be a mess. I'll be up late Friday making his cake, then he has a party at a laser tag place where they'll have pizza, then my family will be at the house, then I have a friend's birthday dinner that night.

I was happy to hear about your job, though - that's great! Have you not been doing srength training for a while? You might see a big difference!

archy, congrats on meeting your goal - that is awesome!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Default took weekend off

Hey all, thanks for the word of encouragement, it seems to have paid off.

I'm at 193.5 so 3.5 lbs to goal.

I've been tweaking my diet trying to get the right mix of Carbs and Protien... also can't figure out where I should be Calorie wise there are so many contradictions. I'm seeing recommendations from 930 cals to 1500 cals per day.

My lifestyle is sedetary w/ the exception of Turbo Fire workouts 6 days per week.

Any suggestions are appreciated
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Chickadees! I am still alive. Been so busy with work and trying to get everything packed for our move this weekend. My workouts have been non-existant this week but I stuck to the eating everyday. It paid off because I'm -2.6lbs. (214 at the start of this and now 206.2) I'm a little stressed about everything going on right now but not going to let it derail me. After the stress of moving this weekend I have three interviews with the "powers that be" Monday for the promotion I have been waiting on.

After reading most of the post I missed it seems everyone is hanging in there and pushing for a great finish next week. Looks like TheMe, Izza and Arch are having big victories! Congrats gals!

Natamars and Zumba I am watching you guys because when I get close to my goal as well I'm sure I will be struggling with the plataues you guys deal with. The important thing is you keep going! Atta girls!

Hang in there chicks! We are about a week out. Celebrate the little victories everyday!
Bamagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #99  
Hopeful Member

Tuesday: 1430 calories. 35 min on elliptical

Ended up having a WW angel hair pasta entree when I got home and I think it was NOT the best choice. I usually have something like pb&j on a low-carb wrap before I hit the gym. I also had some whole-grain pasta with my turkey chili for lunch, and last night I was bloated and crampy and the scale is up today. Definitely going to work on lowering the carbs, esp. once I get through the celebrations on Saturday.

bama, awesome losses! zumba and I keep hovering around the same weight(although she is 2.5 inches taller than I am so I'm sure it looks MUCH better on her!) and it's incredibly frustrating. I know I need to lower the carbs, but when things get busy they're so much easier to grab, plus I love them so!

izza, you are doing great! Considering how badly I am doing lately I probably shuldn't give advice..in general the recommendation is that you stay above 1200 calories. How long/intense is TurboFire? I'm still working on my carb/protein mix - can tell you my losses are definitely bigger when I keep my carbs down. I am not a fan of meat and though I know you can do a lower-carb vegetarian diet it is hard - I tend to eat a lot of beans. So now I'm back on chicken and turkey, but thinking about chucking them once I get to goal, if that ever happens. Try tracking your weight, calories, and carbs and see if you notice any patterns.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #100  

Talking

Hey all,

Zumba: Benefiber, Gives me cramps and gas I can't do it.

Bama: you got a ton on your plate... your workouts will help deal with that stress.

archychick: Fabulous losses....Good for you !!!

natamars: Thanks the 1200 Cal is a much better solution, I'll Give it a shot

I started this endeavor at 930 cals per day but I would eat any workouts.. Meaning if I did something over and above my normal sedentary lifestyle (Desk job ) eg. burn 200 cals on a walk, Add 200 Cals food.

But Now I'm working out 6 days a week with TF and it changes one day it's core, the next cardio, and the next could be all stretching. I've had to tweak my carbs / protein and Calories cause I was feeling awful, I'm still not quite there but I'm much better increased protien after work out and Increased my breakfast complex carbs.

I'm abit worried about this challenge...I'm going to really have to push it to lose 3+lbs in a week.... so I'm with Zumba and Natamars Balls to the Wall!!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #101  

Hello everyone...I am reading all your posts and feeling inspired. Thank you Bama for realizing that the closer you get to goal the HARDER it is..most people don't realize that and think I"m kind of lame not being able to drop the last ten lbs.

It is the start of lent so no meat today, I did a bad thing and had pizza. Not many lenten low carb options.....I had a huge salad with shrimp for lunch and was doing well until the kids got home and all heck broke loose. I tend to lose focus the busier I get.....there was NO time for dinner between scouts and violin lessons so pizza it was.

Izza, I agree with nat. 1200 cals. is a good place to start...if you feel absolutely ravished at all times you may need to increase. When I was counting calories I tried to stay at around 1000, but those that weigh more can take in more calories and still lose....just like WW gives some people more points....if you'd like I can find a link to the calculation used to find calories intake for people based on age/weight.etc.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #102  
Hopeful Member

Wednesday: 1335 calories. 45 minutes on elliptical.

My weight is definitely up. Will probably show a gain for this week. Back to the up 2, down 2 pattern. Starting Monday dropping calories and carbs further, and no cheat meals until my birthday in April. This is depressing.

Last edited by natamars; 03-10-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #103  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello All,

Feeling a bit confused as I thought I had posted on Monday, but it's not there!!! Technical incompetance on my part, I should think!

Anyway, another pound down, which is good if not exciting. Well done to all those pleased with their progress; hugs to those who are not.

Last edited by Clytemnestra; 03-11-2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Clytemnestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #104  

Oh My I forgot to check in yesterday... I don't get frustrated with my lack of losses.. I hate when one day I'm down a lb and the next I'm up 2 I weigh every morning... I'm thinking this may not be good for me..

Yesterday 1309 cals 30min jog & 40 min stretch
Old 03-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #105  
<a href="http://photobuck

S/C/G: 260/240/229

Height: 5 4"

okay i in as well... .right now im 229, i wanna be 220 by then.. and my birthday is the 21..
bliss3244 is offline   Reply With Quote