Old 03-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Izza..don't panic!!! It could be sodium bloat, your cycle...or your body reacting to an increase in exercise....hang in there and keep doing the right things! I'm going through the same thing right now....so frustrating

Nat, your diet and exercise is awesome.....

Bama..you do what the doctor tells you...Ya hear?! Cutting down some workouts isn't going to stop you girl, you're doing so GREAT!

I feel we aren't getting a lot of participation on this challenge like we did on the last one......hope everyone is okay and still taking good care of themselves.

I taught the class of all classes tonight..the students were incredible and the energy in the room was awesome..wish I had a bodybugg on so I could see how many calories I burned. Lord knows I was sweating!! That was a hard set.....

Shower and pajamas...I can't wait to get on that scale tomorrow morning....I hope I see a whoosh!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #77  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Tuesday: 1625 calories. 45 minutes on treadmill.

Yesterday wasn't great. Ate too many calories at work but then was so hungry when I got home. Too many carbs last night also. Tried to run on the treadmill but got a stitch in my side(obliques were sore from Monday's body sculpting) so I switched to walking at 3.7mph on an incline.

zumba, hope you get your whoosh today!! My scale has been down slightly every day, will wait and post new number on Friday. So pi$$ed b/c Thursday night is usually my Zumba class and I think it helps my number go down on Friday morning, but DH has band praxtice that night so I'll have to work out at home instead. Grr......

Izza, don't panic, drink as much water as you can stand..the number will go back down.

time - 5.4 in 2 weeks - awesome!!!

bama, hope the weigh-in goes well. how was the u/s?

Have a great day ladies!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #78  

Natamars: what does your husband play and what's the name of his band?

Well I did not get a whoosh...I'm at the same darn number and it isn't moving.....I feel stuck. This is so IRRITATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess teaching 8 Zumba classes a week and cutting carbs isn't enough..I need to climb Mt Everest and eat only lettuce.....you would think I was having cake every night or something!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #79  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Count me in for 6 lbs. I am starting at 212 and this is a great place to begin! Thanks!

Last edited by archychick; 03-02-2011 at 08:58 PM.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #80  

Disgusted. had cinnamon rolls last night and threw in the towel. I'm so tired of working hard at something and not being rewarded for my efforts. So here I am today feeling disgusted. Back on the wagon...but I'm worn out.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #81  
Hopeful Member

zumba, I totally hear you. I just logged this morning's weight on my spreadsheet and it's the same as I was on V-Day. I keep going up and down the same few lbs. It is so discouraging.

But then I think back to last year. I got down to 130 lbs. in May. Then I kept going up 2, down 2. For months. Finally I said screw it, and in September I stopped tracking. I did keep going to the gym 4-5 days/week though, because that just makes me feel better. I started the New Year at 141 lbs. So I know, unhappy as I am to keep seeing this 135-137 range over and over, it's much better than seeing a number 10 lbs. higher.

This is our life, these are the bodies and metabolisms we've been given. I'm trying to stick to one cheat meal a week so I don't feel too deprived, and I let myself have a little dark chocolate or some type of small treat every day. And I'm trying different types of exercise to keep things interesting.

Stay here, keep posting. It beats the alternative.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!
No results from the health test but I did cut back this week due to allergies killing me! The weigh-in was holding steady at 208lbs. I seem to be in a pattern of losing 5+lbs one week then flat or a 1lb gain the next week. I will take it. Since Jan 11th I have averaged 2lbs a week in loss. In the past when I worked hard and was a "good girl" on my eating and lost no weight it discouraged me to the point of quitting. I am SOOO proud of myself for looking at the big picture instead of letting the details derail my efforts.

So today is full of chores. We are moving next weekend so I will be packing and organizing.

Hang in there ladies we have two more weeks.

Celebrate the small victories everyday. (my motto for 2011)
Bamagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #83  

Height: 5'7"

I set an alarm on my computer to weigh myself. Today's weight loss was less than what I expected or hoped for but if not for this forum, I don't know that I'd still be here. I mean it's March, how many New Year's resolutions have fallen into oblivion by now. We should all be proud of our efforts, even if we don't lose as much as we'd hope. We're doing good, we're fighting the good fight. YAY!!!

Anyway, clearly I lost this week I'm pretty happy

Feb 18: 204.5
Feb 24: 199
Mar 03: 198
TheMeIwant2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #84  
Excavation in Progress

Good morning all!

Well, this past week I began (again) and so since last week, weighing in today at a loss of 3 lbs, right on time. Good eating, Bellyfit x3 days/wk, Bellydance class and repeat another week.

Sending good and success vibes to all --------->
Old 03-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #85  

Thanks for the encouragement...I just don't know why this is so dang hard. Its so discouraging to be working out all the time and eating a clean diet and having no success.....I was doing so well last year at this time....
Old 03-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #86  
Excavation in Progress

Zumba, even if your outter appearance doesn't seem different, I betcha your insides are healthier! Hang in there girl. This is precisely why I come to this board - for support, help and ideas. I have been there before though and plateaus are SO frustrating. In the beginning we change so much of what we have been doing and our bodies love it. Then, after a while, it seems that our bodies get bored or something and take all the good treatment we give them for granted. Kind of like significant others sometimes. lol Are you maintaining the very same diet/exercise routine all year? Maybe changing some things up? I am new here, so I don't know much about you yet, but just trying to offer ideas.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #87  
Hopeful Member

Wednesday: 1305 calories. 1 hour body sculpting.
Thursday: 1715 calories. No exercise.

Struggling to keep my calories under 1500 some days. I went over 2 days this week. Need to work on this if I want to keep losing.

Weighed in @ 135.2 this morning, down .6 from when we started the challenge. Still hoping to meet my goal!

Happy Friday, everyone!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #88  

Archychick: Thank you for reaching out. I definitely have a strong cardiovascular system given how much I Zumba every week....but I have stubborn fat that I can't get rid of...I don't look fit even though I am fit if that makes any sense. And you are right, my body is very used to my workouts and level of fitness....SO....I need to shake things up a bit.....it is just so hard with my already packed schedule to add anything else to it. Was hoping to get results by cleaning up my diet but that hasn't helped. Then I get even more aggravated and wind up falling off the wagon out of frustration...its a vicious cycle.

Natamars...We still have time before this challenge is over...so it is b**** to the Wall Girl!!!

I am feeling bloated and "backed up" and I'm sure that isn't helping with the weight loss issue.....does anyone here take fiber on a daily basis? Someone told me to put benefiber in my food or coffee.....I wonder if it tastes bad...
Old 03-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #89  
Excavation in Progress

Went to Bellyfit today and then skipped my connecting bus and walked the 1/2 hr home. Feeling great and down another pound. This is the easy part in the beginning where the pounds fly off, so I am enjoying it while it lasts.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #90  

FANTASTICAL NEWS! Just got a job at a new gym and they are throwing in a membership so I get to hit the weights when I feel like it....I think if I start doing something other than Zumba I may see some lbs come off...excited...