Old 02-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Welcome new challenge members!!! So nice to see old faces here and some newbies...this should be a wonderful challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #17  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

134.4 this morning - woo-hoo!!! Met my V-Day goal 4 days late.

Off with DH now - see everyone tomorrow!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Chicks! Gotta admit I'm gonna miss seeing River and Evil's post and their awesome workout/fitness accomplishments. I am glad to see Zumba, Natamars and Dcap again. Welcome to all you new chicks to the thread. I'm sure we will all learn something from each other.
When I weighed on Tues my points (WW) increased a little and that is scary. I was very hungry last week which I assume is due to my increase in workout days and duration of the workouts. I'm gonna follow the points as they are this week and see what the results are. Only 2 more weeks til the C25K training starts.

Natamars-have fun with DH and great job on reaching that goal.
Bamagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #19  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Bama - forgive me if I missed it - are you starting the couch to 5k? Around March 1st? That's when I'm starting!

Morning in class, aerobics later - and then some much needed studying! Going to be a very, uh, FOCUSED weekend.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

I'd love to join in. I'm new here, I know I need support. I do better when there is accountability. So today I'm starting at 204.5 and I'd like to be at 195 for St. Patty's Day.
TheMeIwant2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #21  

Dcap-Yes I am starting March 1st! Yay we can do it together.
Me-Welcome...it's a great group.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #22  
Started over 4/29/12

I'll join in..
I was 279.4 yesterday and I want to lose 10 lbs by St. Patty's day. (edited to start from yesterdays weight so it will be a month)

Last edited by time2loseit; 02-18-2011 at 01:28 PM.
time2loseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Well, if others are starting the C25K, then I think I might too! I did it for a couple of weeks back in November, but then the winter blahs kicked my butt and I stopped. I'm down 20 more pounds now and starting to seriously think about adding more exercise to my routine. SO, March 1st it is! Thanks BamaG and Me2be for the motivation!
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #24  

So what type of eating plans is everyone doing? I know Bama is doing WW....Anyone here doing low carb?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

OK ... I'm in ... Just weighed in 197

going for 190 by St. Patty's.
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #26  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Back on plan after 2 days off for my night away. I actually didn't eat as much as I expected, yet the scale is somehow up 3 lbs. Bizarre. We had 3 meals out and I enjoyed what I wanted, but didn't finish everything on my plate. Ended up skipping a few meals too, just because of schedules. Missed a day at the gym, but did a lot of walking in Manhattan. Anyway, I'll give it a few days to work itself out.

zumba, it was GORGEOUS in the city Friday! We went to see Billy Elliot - the dancing was incredible. DH was not as enthusiastic as I was. Anyway, just getting in there and walking around was great, but by Saturday it was FREEZING. The wind was so bad I lost my footing a few times, and it's not like I'm that small. The chnage overnight was crazy.

Plan for today - keep calories under 1500, spinning class, prep b'fasts and lunches for the week.

izza, time, me- welcome! good luck.

jen, bama, dcap - yay on the c25k! hope you love it. I'm not officially doing it but I signed up for a 5K in April and have been SLOWLY increasing my distance every week. Up to 2.5 miles now. It is very empowering!

Have a great day!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #27  

Natamars: I was thinking about what a great day it turned out for you on Friday...I LOVE MANHATTAN and walking around in nice weather is a bonus. I'm glad that you had a nice time. The wind here yesterday was outrageous, at one point I couldn't get my truck door open..LOL...Was hoping a house would land on my MIL but it didnt' happen...(ba dum dum)..How awesome that you met goal...if I were 134 right now I'd be so dang happy. Five lbs makes a BIG difference on a small frame....oh and according to some chart I found in a wieght lifting book I am considered overweight at 144 lbs!! Not obese...overweight..due to my small frame. Wow!

Really not having an easy time at all. It is pretty apparant that I'm flailing about aimlessly with this whole diet thing. My friend sent me a book for my birthday "Made to Crave" and it is pretty interesting and addresses my emotional issues with eating. Not sure it will help but it is comforting to know that this isn't just about me having a lack of control...it is pretty complex.

I'm going to try and be strong and positive and not use this forum as a place to whine every day.....quite honestly I'm sick of listening to myself. If I want this I need to make it happen. Just like everything else in life.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to continue on with this low carb thing according to Atkins or another way. I have a body builder friend that makes these pancakes every morning out of oat bran and flax and some other stuff...she swears they make her feel full every morning. according to atkins that would be a definitely NO in the induction period but eating eggs every morning isn't helping me. Decisions decisions. I just need to find a plan and stick to it.....

Have a great Sunday everyone ....
Old 02-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #28  

Good Morning Ladies! It's a working weekend for the Bamagurl so I'm popping in for a minutes. Maintaining the plan and sticking to the BLC workouts everyday. It's very encouraging to see the improvement on each workout.
Welcome Izz!
Natamars-Glad you had a great weekend. Those 3 will disappear in no time!
Chicks have a great Sunday!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #29  

what is up with the tickers? It is rounding off numbers and you cannot update by clicking on the ticker...is that justme?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #30  

Zumba-the confusion over what works for me was paralyzing. In the past year I read 4 books. All of them were very informative and made sense to me but by the time I was finished I was so overwhelmed with information I couldn't even make a decision. I made a commitment to try the WW and stick to it for at least a month even when I had doubts. It took care of the confusion and I could just concentrate on my physical activity instead of stressing myself out over what I was going to eat. It also permits me to indulge on occasion without feeling like a failure.
I'm not trying to convince you to go the WW way only to tell you that I totally understand how so much information can overwhelm and confuse to the point we no longer have a clue what works for us.
Hang in there girl and just write down everything you eat for a week and how it makes you feel. That might help. Planning my meals and writing/journaling online instead of tracking what I eat works best for me.