Old 08-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Happy Thursday everyone! Am trying to remain calm with the move coming up. I've been having to make big ticket purchases (new stove, expensive storm door, etc.) and that makes me really nervous. Still have so much packing, purging to do. Still need to clean the new house from top to bottom and I really want to do it before I start moving in.....it's just easier to get all of the nooks and crannies. I'm taking a tiny break tomorrow evening and fiance is coming into town with me Saturday to pick up and install my new stove () and we are going to paint the kitchen. (The kitchen has gray/taupe counters and tile floor......she painted the walls LAVENDER Hope we can get it done in one coat. I bought the paint with primer and paint in one.) I will probably stay in town and work on cleaning and packing the rest of Saturday and all day Sunday. I'm scheduling another donation pick up for next week.

Been doing pretty well foodwise and stayed at 156 for my weigh in this morning. Will weigh again tomorrow just in case a 155 wants to peek its head in! Exercise done this morning.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 08-20-2010 at 10:55 AM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #62  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

So far life is normal today, planned my food for the day & got 1386 calories, much better I think. Went for my run this morning, oh it was so hot & humid, I made the 5 miles, the last 8 minutes of the run I would breathe, call myself an idiot then breathe again.
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #63  
Next mini-goal 184

Happy Friday Friends!! Hope everyone is having a good day. Taking today off going to register for 4 5K races. Taking some time for me. I am registering for 2 morning races & 2 night/twilight races. So I will have one each month from Sept. thru Dec.

Last edited by Im On A Boat; 08-20-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #64  

Dee-That's awesome that you are signing up for all of those races. Gives you something to look forward to and work for. Good incentive!!

I saw 155 on the scale this morning!! I'm taking it and running with it. Been too long since I saw a loss. My next mini goal is getting to 150, then it will just be 10 more pounds!!

I probably won't be around much this weekend, if at all. Going to fiance's this evening and hoping to spend tomorrow and Sunday hard at work at either house.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:34 PM   #65  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone, hope all is well. I am doing well on eating right and staying below my calorie intake for the day. I walked my 5 days this week but won't this weekend as I need to give some muscles a break and give my sciatica a break also. I am trying to stay focused on the goal at hand.

Annie: I love redecorating and painting, when I owned my own house I re-painted every summer

Dee; Good for you with the races and RUN DEE RUN (take from forest gump)

Have a great weekend ya'll!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #66  
Les
Just starting

S/C/G: 249/ticker/165

Height: 5.4

Dee- yeap shared misery is better isn't it funny, since I lost over 30 pounds I feel like running, but fear I may hurt my bones doing it just now. But I am looking into buying a inexpensive treadmill, this way I can start it at home, maybe a little after my 5 mile walk. I am not a vegetarian, but don't eat much meat in general. I am wondering what you eat when you eat 1386 calories a day.

Annie- Congrats on you're new weight! Don't worry about the house all will work out just fine.

Loosingit- I can't run/walk for a few day's myself, my gout is acting up and I SOOOOOO hate it. But it will not keep me away from the animal shelter and small walks with the dog, just no fast ones.

Asking about treadmills, any tips on which one or what I should look out for? Motor Strengths?

Have a nice weekend you all!

Will have a teenager as a guest for the next 3 weeks, don't know when I find time to check back in, but sure will try my best
Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #67  

Default jumping in

Hi
I hope nobody minds me jumping in!
I joined 3 chicks back in January but haven't been active and haven't really been doing anything about my weight.
A couple of weeks ago I came across my old journal, about 5 years old, I realised that in the past five years I have put on 10kgs (about 20lbs). I was so shocked and scared by this, it came on so easy.
So today is my 48th birthday and I am determinded to loose at least 30kgs before I hit 50!!!
I am a stress eater and will stuff cakes down my face when faced with lifes problems but this has to stop.
I need a place to vent and soembody to give me a good kick when I don't want to exercise (which is all the time).

Look forward to getting to know you.

Jackie
in southern Japan
Jackie Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #68  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Hey Jackie, welcome. This is a fun group! I guess by the time you hit our age you are used to the diet roller coaster and know how it runs. The 20 somethings are just starting out, most of them haven't been through lost and gained because of birth and life 's hassles. We are glad you are here
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #69  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Happy new week everyone.

I'm back home again - hurray! For a week at least.

I got back on Friday but my luggage decided to take a few extra days and only got back to me yesterday afternoon which was a bit inconvenient (no makeup for a couple of days, none of my normal hair brushes etc etc, and it also meant i couldn't do my laundry until today and of course today it's raining......).

It's good to be home again though, and good to be back with DH. I've been for a couple of nice runs and also a bike ride since i got home, but i'm still too naughty with food (we had a banquet lunch with friends yesterday at a flashy restauraunt on the waterfront in the city. About 8 courses, and a few glasses of wine. Sat in the sunshine. I so enjoyed it!!! Ahhh, well.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #70  

Hi all!! Spent a busy weekend working at the new house. New gas stove installed, kitchen painted and I cleaned it up real good (scrubbed bathrooms, swept and mopped floors, etc.). Still have a ton of things to do at the old place to get ready for movers Friday morning. We may eat out alot this week, but I plan to stay on the healthy-eating side of things, if at all possible. Had trouble dragging myself out of bed this morning to do my WATP, but did do it and felt better after.

Scale still said 155 this morning, so I guess it is sticking!

Spent a little time out at fiance's and made a homemade (sauce and everthing from scratch) tuna casserole for our sick neighbor and the other men. It was very high in calories/fat. I did have a small serving, but that is all. I hope our friend enjoyed it. He has asked for it specifically and I had to leave before he got to eat any of it.

Will try to check in this week, but have so much to do. If not I will be back ASAP!

You all are doing great! Keep up the awesome work!!

WELCOME to Jackie Chan!! So glad you are here with us.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:14 PM   #71  
Jr Goddess of Morpheus

S/C/G: 218.8/215.8/154

Height: 5'6"

Can I be a 40-something, too? I'm new to both the forum and to WW. You seem a very caring and supportive group and since I have miles to go to get to goal I would love to be a part of your community.
I'll put a bio in the 40 something bio thread if you want my details!
And a belated Happy Birthday Jackie Chan!
Old Hickory Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #72  
Next mini-goal 184

Hi Everyone. What's up with the forum, it seems to have a hard time loading & takes for ever to load a new thread? I thought it was my laptop, but it is the same with the work computer & my husband's computer.

Still haven't lost anymore weight but I do feel better about having time again to exercise. Getting up at 5:30 in the morning, got a 5 mile run planned again, wow that is in 5 hours & I still don't have everything done to where I can go to bed. I will be dragging tomorrow evening.

Annie - so glad the 155 is sticking. Hope you get a chance to relax a little this week, I know you are going to be so busy with the move.

Losing It - I love Forrest Gump, just don't think I could ever compete with that.

Les - When I get a chance I will copy a couple days of my fitday & let you see what I eat. Good luck with the teenager. I have 3 right now. Help!!!!!

Jackie - Hi & welcome to the group.

Ange - I bet you are glad to be home, sounds like you were gone for a while on this trip. Do you travel alot for work or just every once in a while?

Old Hickory Chick - Hi & welcome to the group.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:25 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'9"

Default Another 40 something

Hi, I'm Foodfighter 2000! I chose the name because I thought it sounded a little like a superhero, which I would really like to be. In reality, I am not heroic at all, and am seriously out of control of my eating. I am looking for a few good women (or men) to hang out with and keep me from eating my yappy little dog when the cupboard is finally bare. Have I come to the right place?
foodfighter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #74  
Next mini-goal 184

Foodfighter2000 - Please don't eat the yappy little dog. Yes the yappy noise can be annoying, I'm sure he would look tasty if you were really starving, just don't do it!!!!! Ok with that being said I think you are at the right place.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Mind if I join you?

I'm Maddie and posted my bio in the intro sticky. Still slowly reading my way through 3FC but so far it seems perfect here!

I think I read that someone mentioned that by the time we hit 40 we know all about the ups and downs of weight loss...yep...me to a "T". I do much better when hubby is away for work travel. No complaints (omg stir fry again? there's nothing to snack on (ie chips etc) no dessert? followed by such a woeful sigh) Kids are great,they'll eat anything and until they turn 16 and can drive....they're stuck eating whatever I bring into the house! LOL
Maddie
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote