Old 01-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Default glad last week is over, hope this one is better!!

This week, I ended up with no change in weight. A little discouraging but I was pretty much expecting that. For one thing, last week's weigh in was Wed, not Monday, because of the whole car crash/gas leak thing. And also because of that, I was sleeping poorly, ate too little (yeah, I know, what a problem, right? lol!) But I was struggling to make 1000 calories, and I expected that to be a problem in terms of losing), and was off track in terms of activity.

This weekend, the pendulum swung the other way, and I exercised TOO much. It felt good at the time, but I was so sore by the end of yesterday, and I think it also put on some water/swelling weight. But it felt good to get back into the groove and I know that weight will come back off.

Food was sort of all over the place - went way overboard on Saturday with nuts, pretzels, and a whole lot of marshmallows in a big cup of cocoa, although still only 2400 calories total so not TOO awful. But then yesterday was a struggle to get over 1200. Hopefully, I'll be back to normal this week - I know I have to eat *enough* to lose well and just as importantly, I want to get back that better sense of control of making the choice to eat the right amounts of good food.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #2  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

It sounds like what you need to work on is consistency. Although there is the school of thought that says that varying your calorie intake is good because it keeps your body metabolism guessing, your swings strike me as awfully wide...

I personally don't do this, but maybe it would be helpful if you mapped out your food in advance each day, so you know what you'll be eating and you can remember to eat it when the time comes? That will help with both cases you are facing, when you eat too little and when eat too much...

Good luck! I hope things get back to normal for you this week. What's your "official" weigh-in date, Mondays?
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

thanks Newleaf.

This was definitely all stress-related, and I'm not trying for those extremes. I do vary somewhat, but mostly try to range between 1200-1500 calories and was doing well with that until last week.

I do my official weigh on Monday, so I'm looking at this as a fresh new start, and my chance to be back on track. I've planned out the rest of the day already on Fitday and should some in at 1434, which even leaves room for a snack if I want one.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote