Old 07-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 264/159/160

Height: 5"9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
My story used to be just like yours. Tried all the diets and just got tired of the restrictions and so I went to the grandaddy of them all and started calorie counting, This is a less restrictive , more fllexible way of dieting. I can sometimes have ice cream or other treats. I just remember to stay within my calorie limits. This is not to say I am rigid about it, I can make changes when the occaision calls for it. But I do plan ahead.
how doe you figure out how many calories to have?
carol flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 258/Ticker/199

Before this time, I always felt that way too. It seemed like every waking hour I obsessed with what went in my mouth and why the weight wouldn't come off. For some reason, this time I feel less frantic about the whole weight loss thing. I am not beating myself up and I am more relaxed and I 'think' I am losing weight. I say think because I am only going to weigh myself once a week where I used to weigh myself at least once a week. Maybe that's the key. Trusting ourselves more and beating ourselves up less. Have a beautiful day.
CharlieJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #18  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol flo View Post
how doe you figure out how many calories to have?
Here is a good place to start.

http://nutrition.about.com/library/b...tion_guide.htm
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote