Old 02-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #46  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Just stopping by before work to wish everyone a great day! Stay on plan! You CAN do it!

Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:35 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

iluv2travel
Congrats on getting here! You definitely will help others on here as you help yourself. Just keep posting.

I started my new lifelong program on August 11th, 2008. Today is my six month anniversary!! I am so proud that I have made it this far. I joined 3FC in September and have received so much support. Posting helps to keep my focus. When times are good, I have wonderful friends on here that cheer me. When times are bad, I have wonderful friends on here that keep me going.
I have lost 50 lbs. in six months which is incredible to me. Right now, I am gaining and have no idea why. I am still OP and have increased my exercise. For the last 2 weeks I stayed the same and today that scale says I am three lbs up!

It is kind of funny that while I was putting on all this weight, three lbs would have seemed like nothing. Now it seems like a lot. I am going to keep on with my program because this is lifelong. I am frustrated and I know that now is time I have to watch myself very carefully.

Forme01: I love how you put that: It's not a destination...It is a journey. That saying makes me feel better. I know that while on a journey, the road will take you up and down. While on a journey, you learn a lot about yourself. While on a journey, you meet all kinds of wonderful people that you never would have. While I am looking for a destination...the journey is what is making me grow, not in weight but in spirit!

Thank you all for being on this journey with me!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #48  
Begin againer

S/C/G: 235.6/221.6/185

Good morning all~
IDBigBird...Being blah-ed is common...but you can determine what you do with it. Do something that makes you feel good...shopping, seeing a friend, catching a movie. You've acknowledged a difficulty, so what can you do to find a solution to change it? (I know I would not be inviting Jillian in MY face....:I) Just keep in mind that whatever you become is entirely and completely up to you!
Today was Day 16 for me with Jillian's 30DS. I SO did not want to do it. I had a dozen reasons before I even walked to the living room to just skip it (and having a bad eating afternoon yesterday that I needed to compensate for didn't cross my mind at all!)...and I almost didn't continue past the warmup. Something inside me clicked though, that where I am is not where I want to be. What I've been doing (before program) was taking me to a place I was totally and completely miserable in. I need (wanting has no place here) to take care of me. I kept thinking about those folks in the Biggest Loser...ALL day, (and night?!?) everyday for weeks...The payoff is evident...and I have a choice (indeed a decision) to make. I still hated the first circuit...but it got better...and my self esteem (doing what's right instead of doing what's easy) got a better stroke than my body!
You can do it when you choose to! I'll be praying you find that within you that you need!
Wishing all a great day!
forme01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #49  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Hattie22 - You are an inspiration!! Thank you for being here.

IDBigBird - I too have difficulty in the winter; however, I have found exercise to be a huge help. The more I do the more energy I have and the better I feel.

forme01 - I totally agree about making choices. As a control freak there is very little in life that I actually have control over. Having said that I do have control over what I put in my mouth and how I choose to spend my free time. I have someone that is close to me that talks about losing weight and exercising but chooses to buy and eat crap and sit in front of a TV when they get home. If you ask how they are doing they make the excuse they don't have the time. I've stopped asking because I'm tired of the BS excuses.

I'm consider a hard a$$ by most but the fact of the matter is; the choice is ours. When I finally was tired of the result of making bad choices I stopped. Does that mean I won't make poor choices in the future... absolutely not. I love food and know and plan to eat some of my favorites in the future (like Outback Cheese Fries) however; I will not turn it into a day long, week long, or even a year long binge.

The choice is mine and mine alone.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:59 AM   #50  
I can...and I will...

S/C/G: 202/196/160

Height: 5'6"

Yea Me! Got on the scale this morning...Down 5 lbs already. I know it is probably mostly water weight but still feels good.

You guys are SO awesome. I cannot believe how much the support helps. Just knowing that I am not alone is a tremendous uplift. Happy Wednesday everyone!!
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #51  
Eat Less Move More

Sorry if I sounded harsh in the above post. I'm just sick of people not being honest or true to themselves; not you guys just people in my life.

Before I changed my lifestyle I at least knew why I was fat and for the most part didn't care. It's the people who say they don't have a clue why they are so heavy or if they do know don't have "time" to do make a few changes.

The two biggest changes I have made besides what I put in my mouth; fact is everyone HAS to eat. Is to log EVERYTHING in FitDay and to exercise 60 - 90 minutes per day (and I can do that in front of the TV).

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #52  
capegirl

S/C/G: 200/212/150

Height: 5'8

Hi,
Right now I'm feeling tired and discouraged and worried I'm about to go off point. Its nice to hear about people pushing through during tough times, and knowing exactly how it feels to be where I am right now. I am having a tough week, I follow the program throughout the day and in the evening it starts, first its just a thought, then I start to think about having a treat and eating it in moderation, next I'm taking handfuls and stuffing my face, and all my will goes out the window. Then there's the remorse. I am sabotaging myself, why??? Its like I talk myself out of taking care of myself and I stop caring. Also at the end of the day, I have so much to do at home and I feel guilty when I don't get things done. Is my eating my way of avoiding something hard, and I'm mad because its not easy, and its hard to say goodbye to eating what I want when I want? Gosh, its like being under a spell of self centerdness. Also known as Pity Pot. Ok who out there has conquered this kind of thing???
I'm so confused!!!
Lisa
leure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Smile

Lisa: First Second: You are definitely not alone. When I get that thought, I try to change my focus. It can be drinking a lot of water, exercising, laundry...anything. It helps to have things ready for those occasions. If you want to eat, try for something healthy. Whatever you do....DON"T BEAT YOURSELF UP!!!! That just does not help. In fact it hurts! Be a guiding friend to you. Be gentle. What would you say to me if I was about to sabotage my healthy eating habits? We need to be kind to ourselves and proud!! I am so proud of you that you posted these troubles! You are worth taking care of. I know you can do it!! Next time you reach for a treat...go to the computer and read and post! It will help. When you get used to eating healthy and keeping your focus it will get easier. Just keep going. Don't forget the past is the past.

Cruisecat: Thank you! You can vent anytime you like. I know those people also. They are on their own journey. Just be proud you are on a different one.

I will post more later...gotta run..Love you guys(er..I mean chics)!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Height: 5.1

Red face Happy Wednesday

Well - I exercised Monday and Tuesday...not today, but will try to do extra hard tomorrow. Exercise is tough - I would rather read, watch tv, play computer games...you get the picture. Just wanted to post so I don't forget to - this is how I am holding myself accountable. Have a wonderful rest of your Wednesday - talk to you tomorrow!

LitelWumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Holding steady here. Not much sunshine today so in a grumpy mood- or is that because the kids don't have school due to teacher conventions? LOL Actually I think its due to pms!
I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped on the scale & I hadn't gained- 'cause while I haven't been making the 'best' food choices- it appears I haven't strayed too far off course.
I think par

Cat- did you get your new running shoes? I went to the local running store the other night for a pair & nearly didn't go in as there were about 15-20 women decked out in running gear in the front area of the store. They were attending a running clinic before going out on their group 10K run! The sales woman evaluated my feet, stride etc & chose a pair of New Balance due to my wide feet

I did W2D1 last night and the first 3 intervals kicked my butt- the last 3 were tolerable. Gotta love this program!

Lisa- ITA with everthing Hattie said. Don't dwell on what you did wrong- think about how you would have liked the situation to have turned out- do a 're-do' visualize only having one serving. Try finding foods that satisfy/fill (my current one is butter popcorn corn/rice cakes). I buy the large size ones as I know 2 rice cakes=70 calories. If I buy the bag of mini rice cakes- I can't control how many I eat and typically eat the whole bag. Just remember to be good to yourself and we're here to support you!

Hope everyone had a good Thursday & yay tomorrow is FRIDAY!!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 02-12-2009 at 06:36 PM.
CanadaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #56  
Eat Less Move More

CanadaMe - I too had my foot evaluated and did get new running shoes. My old pair were New Balance cross trainers that I loved. My new ones are Asics that I'm still breaking in but so far I really like them. Keep it up those intervals are difficult but you can do it. I know every time I wanted to quit it was because I didn't THINK I could do it not because I couldn't. I really have surprised myself. I hope the same is true tomorrow W6D3 (25 minute run).

Hi Lisa and welcome to the group. Sorry you came in the middle, literally, of my rant. Looking back I sound high on my horse and above going off plan. For me I really had to have a different mind set this time. I'm not on a diet so how can I go "off". What I have decided for me is that I wanted to be healthier so a lifestyle change was required. For me that means keeping my calories under 1500 and exercising. Are there days that I eat more... you betcha; but I keep those to a minimum. I've had three since I decided I wanted to be healthier; including one today. For me because nothing is "off" limits I don't have to deal with guilt that I have had something high in calories (bad) or too much of a good thing. Now if I decide to make a habit of this then I have a problem; I'll have made the decision that I like and want food more than I want to be healthy.

Please don't beat yourself up. Change IS hard and if I thought that I could never have Ben & Jerry's, chips/dip, wine, or a big juicy burger & fries I don't think I could do this either.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Good evening everyone. Just getting time for the first time this week to check in. Been so busy at work......then trying to get in the workouts that I haven't had much time for anything else. Got to keep it short and sweet tonight time to get going just had to check in to get motivated!
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:17 PM   #58  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

CruiseCat, I'm totally with you. I too decided I must change my life. There is nothing that I cannot eat, If I choose something unhealthy, it needs to be in a small amount and I better plan to exercise to offset the calories. I'm exercising in some way every day and I feel better than I have in a long time.

I weigh on Saturday. Last week I had a 0. I'm hoping to see a loss this week. We'll see...

Hope everyone has a great Friday. Keep up the good work!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies!
Just wanted to wish everyone a good OP day.
I don't think I'll have too much trouble, as one of my kids has a stomach bug and I think I'm next in line-blech.

Remember to stay focused and have fun!
CanadaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 205/205/155

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone!! I just read thru this chat thread and wanted to join in and say hello. I'm just getting started with my plan. I joined the board last month and have spent a couple of weeks preparing, planning what I need to do, and how to incorporate these changes into my life. I love some of the points I reading here about deciding to change for yourself and being in control. I've been thinking thru that and having long talks with myself to motivate myself to get off my rear and just do it. I'm also interested in the path of the runners here. I used to run years ago then got hit with foot injury and quit. That is when my weight gain really started to happen. But I've been talking to a friend at work who runs and with what I'm reading here, I hope to be able to start to run again in the future. I've started walking right now and trying to do so daily. I've also put together a workout with the help of a good book for some weight training and picked up all the needed equiptment. I am so looking forward to feeling good again, being more healthy and of course looking better too! If you don't mind, I'll be stopping in a couple times a week here.
Nannerpup is offline   Reply With Quote