Old 07-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #76  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 194.6/188.2/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm glad that weight dropped off again. That's all you'd need...that gain sticking around. Don't you worry. That scale will move again very soon for you. I'm sure of it.

You're very smart to remind yourself about the Medifast, and how you were already losing before you started. It's frustrating, because you wanted to see that initial drop to get you motivated/inspired. It's especially hard that you've had to cut down on some of your exercise at the same time. Hang in there. You're still winning this battle, and you are going to keep on going strong and reach your goals! It just sucks that you had to have a setback now. Hang in there, OK?

Things here are good. I saw my nephews tonight for the first time in two weeks (they were away). It was exactly what I needed. I was down on the floor rolling around with them, they were climbing all over me...it was a really fun time! They used to wear me out sometimes, but I feel like I can keep up with them better now, which is the best motivation in the world to keep going. I love those little guys so much!

It was really hot here most of last week, but it's been better the last few days. I'll be glad when the summer is over with and it gets cooler again.
Carrie3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #77  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Hey wrestling with the nephews sounds like the funnest possible way to stay in shape! The kids were over tonight...we really gave the Wii Fit a workout. I hope I didn't overdo it. I stuck to the low impact stuff...so we will see. Sure was fun!
Not much change in the platau situation here...Maybe the wii workout will help!

D
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #78  
Starting Over

Don't you worry! Everything will start to move again soon. I'm sure of it!

I just got back from class...have a feeling I'm gonna be feeling this one tomorrow! But it feels good - like I really worked.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #79  
Blue Blood

I keep saying that...but every day that goes by without any results makes it harder and harder to believe...and I feel further from my goal than ever...if that makes any sense. But so far, I have hung in there...

You are really getting to be the little hub of activity! That is great! Keep that up and you'll be ordering more new clothes before you know it!

D
Old 07-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #80  
Blue Blood

Had to double post! Finally!!!!!! down a pound!!!!
:::
Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 PM   #81  
Starting Over

Yay!!! Your scale makes me very happy today!!!

And I have news too. Someone finally noticed at work. Out of nowhere they just said they could really see a difference. Finally!

I went back to my desk and ordered a few pants another size down!!!

I hope you're having a great night!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:43 PM   #82  
Blue Blood

Yee Haw! As we say in the south! You are on a roll girl!

That is when you know you are changing your life when people just start noticing!!!! I can't wait for that to happen! And what a great way to celebrate! ordering smaller pants!

Those workouts must really be agreeing with you. Keep up the good work!

D
Old 08-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #83  
Starting Over

Someone else noticed at work today! I can't believe this is finally happening!!

So I've got some new and smaller pants waiting. Thank goodness for summer clearance sales, so I can buy things ultra-cheap! Otherwise I couldn't afford it at all.

You're going to have people noticing any day now, if they aren't already. Maybe people just don't know what to say.

Got anything good planned for this weekend? I'm going to a baptism tomorrow afternoon...getting my hair cut Sunday. Whoo hoo. Such excitement!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:16 AM   #84  
Blue Blood

I am so happy for you! Did you ever get rid of all of those clothes that you will NEVER be able to wear again? I wish I could hit a loss spurt. I am not far from moving permanantly out of the 20's. Lbs. are comming off so slow now. This is when I usually give up...but I want people to notice too! You have me inspired!

This wii fit has really got me hooked now! I do yoga every day and alternate between balance and cardio on others. But it doesn't feel like working out. It is a lot of fun. I need to start dong some strength. I have been putting it off because I don't think I will be any good at it...but then my balance turned out to be better than I thought once I got the game set up right! I was real frustrated at first. I couldn't get anywhere with the balance. Then my daughter came over...turned the board around to where I wasn't doing everything backward...and viole! I could balance!!!!

Same ole boring weekend here...You reminded me...need to get my hair cut. Should have made an appointment!

D
Old 08-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #85  
Starting Over

When people notice, and they will very soon, it will feel so good! I promise!
And now that you're working out so much, I bet it will happen in no time.

How do you feel now that you're working out? I never thought I'd say this in my lifetime, but I'm really liking it. Especially after my class on Tuesdays, I really see what they mean about the endorphins or whatever it is that get released. I feel so good when I leave there. I just got some new dvds to try out too...I'll probably try one tomorrow. I tried one a few days ago that had more cardio than I'm used to (not so much all-out, typical cardio things, but you keep moving all the time), and I could really feel that one.

I'm terrible with balance, and anything that requires coordination! Always have been. But I can tell I'm getting a lot stronger in some areas now. There are things I could not do at all when I started, and now I can do them. I love that you were trying to do everything backwards. I'm sure I would have been doing the same thing, thinking, "This is impossible!" and getting very frustrated!

You know, the old clothes are still here, but It is due to my being lazy - not that I am trying to save them! I need to go scrounge around in the basement for some boxes. I wonder if anyplace around here would pick them up instead of my having to UPS them. I'll have to look into that.

Hope you're having a good night.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #86  
Blue Blood

We have Paralyzed Vetrans here. You call them and they give you a pick-up day. Then they drop off big yellow bags to the whole neighborhood and let everyone know what day they will be in the neighborhood and ask everyone to put their bags out that day. That way...when they come out they get a whole truckload! Salvation Army will even come and pick-up. I know things run differently in big cities, but charities always need donations, so I'm sure someone will pick up. I can't imagine having to FedEx them (cause I would never use UPS since I work for FedEx! )

I wouldn't say that I llok forward to working out yet...but I don't dread it like I used to. I actually enjoy it. I can see myself actually looking forward to it at some point when I get a little better at some of this. I tried some strength excersises today. Man...I am weakling! gotta keep at it to get stronger like you did!

D
Old 08-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #87  
Starting Over

Today was a good day! Went to get my hair cut, and they really noticed the difference I felt so good, I walked home instead of taking the bus, and later I did a long workout. Plus I cleaned up some of the mess around here, so I'm feeling better and lighter physically and mentally.

I even found a few places to call about picking up clothes. Salvation Army seems to be on & off about it around here (lots of places will pick up in Manhattan, but not here). Also Catholic Charities, and (surprisingly) NY City Opera's thrift shop. I am going to buy some big garbage bags tomorrow to put things in, and call when I know a count. I can't afford to FedEx them, but I promise to try not to use your competition!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #88  
Blue Blood

AAARRRGGGHHH! I have such Goddess pains today! I finally tried the strength training...and as I suspected...I'm not very strong! But if these goddess pains are any indication...I should be a mighty force to be reckoned with in short order!

Gotta catch up with you and have people start noticing!

D

Last edited by djay; 08-04-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #89  
Starting Over

I bet people are already noticing it on you and just don't know what to say. I had someone today at work who came to give me something, and she's standing there sort-of hemming and hawing, and finally says, "Can I ask you a question?" Then she says, sounding kind-of uncomfortable, "Are you wasting away before my eyes?"

Ummm...OK! So I said, "Well, I guess I hope so!" And she said, "Oh..I'm really glad. I was afraid to say anything in case there was anything wrong! But I'm glad it's intentional. You go girl!"

So I don't know. Maybe people just really don't know what to say/don't want to offend..whatever. And here we are going, "Grrr...How come no one notices?!!!"

How are your pains today? I'm about to head to class, so mine are coming!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #90  
Blue Blood

Well...if I can get down to a 16 I'm sure they will notice! It has been at least 5 years since I was that size. The 25 lbs. that I lost was fairly recently gained when I quit smoking...so nobody really notices since I was this same size not to long ago...

The goddess pains are better today...but I may have been a little to agressive because my knee was bothering me again today. I didn't work out today since I had my Chinese class tonight so I hope the rest will have it feeling better in the morning.

I see you are down another pound! Way to go! I was down 1 today also...but I don't believe it anymore until I see it twice. Seems like every time I go down a pound I go up 2 the next morning and it takes me a week to get back to that number! So we'll see what the scale says tomorrow!

I am so proud of us both! We have both been doing really well for the past couple of weeks even when the scale was trying to throw us off!

GO US!!!!
(That is of course short for GOddUSs!)

D