Old 07-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #46  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Well nothing is to big for me yet...but things are getting looser. I have to loose a lot to go down a size since I am so tall. I tried on some capris that I have not been able to get on. I actually got them zipped! Waaaaayyyy to tight to wear in public...but shouldn't be long!.

Haven't started the Medifast yet. Trying to finish what I already started so I will move to the Medifast on Thursday. Hope I like the food because I got a whole month's worth!

My scale is still stuck! I am so Frustrated! Does humidity affect your weight? It has been soooo humid for the past week and coincedentaly...the scale is giving me problems...I even broke down and went for a 30 min. walk through all the buildings at work on Friday! Still nuthin. Ah well at least one of us is having some success this week!

ONE MORE POUND! you are so close to twenty! I just know it is going to happen in the next couple of days. That walking should shake it loose!!! LOL!
What are you going to do to celebrate? It has to be good because 20 pounds is BIG! No wonder you need new clothes!

Glad you are back...I only worried because you sounded so down recently...I hope the new clothes has picked you up! I'm excited for you!

D
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #47  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 194.6/188.2/135

Height: 5'2"

I wouldn't be surprised if humidity affected weight just a little bit. I mean, it seems to creep into things, weigh hair down, etc. Probably clings to clothes a bit. Who knows. If it doesn't, it certainly sounds good!

I'd sure like to see that one more pound come off! Just mentally, to pass that 20 mark would be really nice. But I am pretty happy with the pants thing too. Maybe if I fit into the new ones when they get here, someone will actually notice - THAT would be a really big boost! I don't know if I'll do anything to celebrate. Maybe just go play with my nephews an extra bit - that's my happiest thing lately!

Are you doing anything fun this weekend?
Carrie3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #48  
Starting Over

Old 07-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #49  
Blue Blood

::

Last edited by djay; 07-13-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #50  
Starting Over

Thanks so much!!! I'm excited!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #51  
Blue Blood

I'm excited for you! Funny how all 19 lbs are great...but that 20th one is just special! I'm sure at your height it is a very noticable difference!

I was excited for me also this weekend! The scale finally started moving again! Yay. I'm telling you, there is some thing to be said for this walking stuff. It jiggles those hanger on Pounds loose! I'm going to go again today when I get back to the office! Maybe I can keep the scale moving!

Make sure you celebrate! But not with food! I bet your nephews will really start pushing you if they get an extra playdate everytime you loose 20 lbs.!

D

Last edited by djay; 07-14-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #52  
Starting Over

Look at you!! You're going to be at 25 pounds any minute now! That is so great!

It is funny how that one pound made such a difference mentally, huh? Just like your next one will. A lot of places say you shouldn't weigh yourself every day, but I can't help it. When it stalls it's frustrating, but when it actually moves, it feels so good!!! Today I came home and did a tough workout. I felt more like I wanted to do it to get rid of the stress/bad day than to lose weight, but hey! Whatever works, right?! I'm anticipating another bad day tomorrow...luckily I have my class to come home to! Did you walk again?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #53  
Blue Blood

I did walk today...I was so proud of myself. Then I really blew it tonight. My daughter wanted me to meet her new boyfriend, So she talked me into taking them out for Sushi. I was sure that would be perfect as long as I stayed with the sashimi. Well...then they brought out the peanuts..had to try one or 30. I ordered a fish and vegetable dish in addition to the sashimi that I split with my daughter. Turns out the fish was fried and the vegies were in a wonderful sauce that I'm sure contained about a million calories. I don't even want to weigh in tomorrow. Don't know why I do this to myself. I just have to get my head right so I don't turn this into a bigger setback...

I liked the boyfriend though!

Last edited by djay; 07-14-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #54  
Starting Over

Hey, you've been really good for a long time. So you strayed last night. It's not great, but it's not the end of the world either. Don't beat yourself up over it. Really! Just get yourself back on track!

My plan actually says you SHOULD go out and "stray" a bit one night a week. That you can have anything - just don't go way overboard. And that you'll probably find yourself wanting the taboo things less and less. But don't get down on yourself.

If you really want to "punish" yourself, you could go take an aerobics class or something...or make yourself do a bunch of sit-ups, push-ups, etc. Then you'll feel like you were punished for it, but you'll get some benefit out of it too!

Let me know how today went. I'm thinking of you!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #55  
Blue Blood

Thanks Carol!
It really helps to know that someone cares if I just stumbled or fell of the wagon permenantly.

And I did punish myself today! I did my walk, pushing as hard as I could and extended it by going trough some buildings more than once. I'm kinda sore tonight so maybe that will make up for my transgressions.

I see your scale is kicked into overdrive! What are you doing? Whatever it is keep it up. It is working! WooHoo!

Did your new clothes come in yet? How did they fit? Did you go out and strut?

Thank you dear friend for your support,

D

Last edited by djay; 07-15-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #56  
Starting Over

Well, I definitely care how you're doing - the friendship we've found here means a lot to me!

We're going to have setbacks - I think that's a given. I mean, we got this way somehow, for various reasons...it'd be great if we could magically snap our fingers and be free of all the bad habits AND the emotional baggage that got us heavy in the first place, but it's not so easy. I bet some of the baggage will remain even when we are full-fledged goddesses!!! So we probably should learn to be kinder to ourselves when we can!

It sounds like you got yourself right back on track today, which is great! Yay you! I'm proud of you! And you start your MediFast this week too, right?

I think my scale will probably stall again now. I'm starting to PMS..ready to kill someoene or cry or both!!! Grrrr! Might have to work out extra hard this weekend!!

I bought two pairs of pants and some tops tonight (now most of my shirts are too big too!), since stuff is on sale really cheap now. I'm having lunch with a friend tomorrow, so I want to wear some "thin clothes"!! Also, I think most of the pants I ordered will be too small for a while - I think I was a bit over-eager and ordered a size smaller than I should have! I'll see what I like as it comes in, and if I think it will fit soon, I'll keep it, and send the rest back.

How was today, and how are you feeling tonight?
Old 07-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #57  
Blue Blood

I'm feeling quite empowered! I have let a setback throw me off track for the past few years. I didn't this time! I feel so much more in control. Like I willl be able to stop myself even after I get the weight off! Gives me hope and motivation.

It is so cool that you are moving into thin clothes! I can't wait! I can feel it comming and I am kind of down one size. I had to order some size 20 pants a couple of months ago because my 18's had just become obscene because they were so tight. That is what got me started. I have never worn a size 20 before! And I had got down to a size 16 last summer. So I had to do something! Well now the 20's are getting baggy and the 18's fit me again so I am really startin to see progress! I have a bunch of 16's that I bought last summer waiting for me.

Wish I could do my shopping in NYC though! maybe when I get to goal I'll go up and visit my friend in Wehawken (sp) He likes to show me around the city when I come up. That would be my dream celebration. A shopping trip to NYC! And maybe meet you for a goddess lunch!

Such dreams I have! Goal seems so far away right now. Medifast starts tomorrow morning. Maybe that will make it seem closer.

Hang on to those smaller sizes. Once TOM passes I'm sure you will be needing them very soon with the way you have been working it! I am anxious to hear what your friend says when they see you in your new skinny clothes!

Take care,

D
Old 07-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #58  
Starting Over

It'd be great if you come to NY! After we get through all this, we deserve to meet up and celebrate! And shop! So get on that Medifast and GO!!!!! Whoo hoo!

So how is the stuff? How's it taste? Did you feel hungry or was it satisfying? I really hope it will work for you and that it's easy to stick to.

And I'm really proud of you for not letting that lapse get you so down that you couldn't get back on track. You are going to do this - I can feel it!

Well..my friend didn't say anything until after we started talking about it (she already knew I was on a diet - I was on it when I saw her about a month ago). Then she said she noticed right away and there was a big difference since the last time. But she only said it after we started talking about it, so...I don't know if that counts! However, though no one at work has actually "noticed," several people made comments today about what I was wearing that made me think just maybe it is becoming noticeable.

No matter what, I know that today I managed to fit into regular petite pants! They may have been the largest size petite pants, but they were not plus size, and they really fit! And you will be down a size or two any day now - I am sure of it!

Yay for us!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #59  
Blue Blood

OK...That's the plan! A shopping blowout in NYC when I reach goal! We'll need some cute new clothes for all the men we will be attracting with our goddess selves!

You are right we should be patting ourselves on the back a little. We have both had our stumbles and stalls but we have stuck with it! That is better than I have been able to do in years! And I am sure your friend noticed before you said anything...You are only 5'2". I know 20 pounds is a huge differance on you! I will probably have to loose 40 pounds for any one to notice.

The Medifast started out a little rocky. The oatmeal was like a cement mixture. Everything else was good though and I didn't get hungry at all! Now if I can break through this plateau.

Think skinny thoughts!

D

Last edited by djay; 07-17-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #60  
Blue Blood

:

1/4 of the way there!