Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #76  
started IP Oct. 15, 2010

S/C/G: 286.5/168/??

Had my 2nd week weigh-in today. My measurements all stayed the same, but I lost 3 pounds (bringing me to a total of 8.5 pounds lost in just under two weeks) and my blood pressure is now at 128/75.

Congrats to everyone on their successes and good luck going forward! I look forward to seeing your progress!

Last edited by ShannaSchueller; 10-27-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
Well of course I had to make Big Mac N a Bowl after all the reviews and it was soooooo yummy. I couldn't find dehydrated onions so I just cut up tiny pieces of White onion. Oh my it was good. Now if there was only a recipe that tasted like a Whopper from Burger King well I'm happy with the Big Mac!
When I make the "Big Mac" I add some low carb ketchup and mustard the same time as the WF Thousand Island dressing. I just chop up some white onion and add it to my lettuce. This is soooo YUMMY!! My DH likes it too
Old 10-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
To any of my long time IPer friends. Finally have lost the weight I gained on my most recent trip. about 10 lbs so very happy to lose it again. I like that IP is a system you can get back on when you finally get serious enough to do it. Here's my question...
I finally got blood work done after losing 65+ pounds. Couldn't wait to see how much it had improved. Guess what! My cholesterol is up almost 100 points! (145 to 239) I have never had high cholesterol and this info completely shocked me. Anybody have this experience?? I meet with the doc next Monday. Hope it's an error or something...
ShowgirlAZ- I appreciate your ideas on what works to get back on the plan when you're struggling. I'm finally back but all that Halloween chocolate still lurks...
OH MY GOSH!!! I am going for my annual check up in a couple of weeks, I sure hope that your report was an error!!!! Please let us know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
I am quite bummed out today.

I went in for my weekly weigh-in and only lost 0.2 pounds.

So very disappointing as I have been following the program to a "T."

I started working out more on my treadmill this past week. Only 15 minutes each night, but I have been burning around 115 calories each night.

My coach was not upset with this number as I have been pulling high numbers over the past 8 weeks since I have started the IP program. I have lost 43-1/2 pounds in 8 weeks.

She is thinking that since I have been increasing my exercise that I have begun to build muscles --- thus the scale now moving.

She took my measurements (last taken over a month ago) and I have lost 13-1/2 inches since then. She was very happy with these results.

Can anyone share their thoughts on why the scale didn't move this week?

Does the increase in the exercise have anything to do with it? My coach told me that the treadmill was fine for the exercise, but didn't want me bench-pressing 500 pounds, etc.

I welcome any thoughts or ideas!

Thanks!
Lorrie
Lorrie: I had WI where I only lost .5lb but 5.5inches...don't get down on yourself...you are doing GREAT!!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
My usually agile cat tried to jump up into my lap, kind of missed, and began to embed his claws in my leg. Grabbed for him and knocked over 16 oz of IP pudding/shake. You haven't lived until you try to get butterscotch pudding out of oriental carpet, upholstered dining room chair, and cat. Found cat in my bed.
Well, fortunately, I replaced the old washing machine last Saturday.
Oh man, Linden, I feel your pain. Bad Kitty! Bad kitty! My dog ATE one of my chocolate raspberry bars one day...I was SO MAD at her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgiraultRPh View Post
Grr on the Bra front I just unloaded my very expensive to small bra's 4 months ago-- but now I could use them, Not sure how to maintain the clothing -- I'm loosing so fast that I can't see buying as I go-- but I culled out a tremendous amount of clothes 4-6 monthes ago--- Belts, will now be my friend-- if my pants only had belt loops!!!
Ok, the clothes thing. Honestly, buy as cheap as humanly possible until you get to goal, then don't buy again until you're done with phase 3. I totally understand the bra thing...went from a 38DDD to a 32F (honest...) and let me tell you, it was tough. I continued to lose inches on phase 3, and had bought some 8's and 6's that are now too big for me--by a longshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
I am quite bummed out today.

I went in for my weekly weigh-in and only lost 0.2 pounds.

So very disappointing as I have been following the program to a "T."
I welcome any thoughts or ideas!

Thanks!
Lorrie
I know that a couple of people have said this, but honestly, don't get yourself too disappointed. This is hard, but start thinking of the scale as 'data' rather than something to get emotionally tied to. Some weeks I lost nothing. For three weeks, I lost very little, then lost 8 pounds in one week. It all works out in the end. Follow the program and keep moving, it sounds like you're doing everything right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
When I make the "Big Mac" I add some low carb ketchup and mustard the same time as the WF Thousand Island dressing. I just chop up some white onion and add it to my lettuce. This is soooo YUMMY!! My DH likes it too
Ok, tomorrow is my last day on Phase 3, and I think I still have to try this! So many people raving about it. Any idea why the dehyrdrated onions? Regular shouldn't be a problem, right?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:57 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Question to everyone. I like to have a little cream or something in my coffee. I was using fat-free half and half, but noticed 2 gr carb and 3 gr sugar in 2 tblspns. I went out to the store at lunch to look at different creamers and also at the mini moos. Everything has fat, carb and/or sugar. Someone told me to look at heavy cream. She said her Mom was on a no carb diet (the OTHER one) and that was what she could use. Any suggestions? I thought I saw someone post that I could water down a vanilla pudding pack and use that.
I have been doing the vanilla pudding, watered down and love it! It works well but I do still have one splenda with it also
Old 10-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #81  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

I just looked at the 13 pages in recipe #2 and did not see the recipe for the "Big Mac". Where can I find it? Have a great night. Judy
Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #82  

Hi all. I was running around really busy this morning but was still able to have my breakfast and lunch just fine. I skipped the coffee so I was very tired this afternoon, so took a nap with my kiddo's and when I woke up I was ravenously starving hungry. Well understandebly so, TOM happened. I had to go to the grocery store and normally those combinations together = REALLY bad choices. Well, I can happily say that I had my pudding snack before shopping, then came home and loaded up on extra veggis and my protein for dinner, and Yes, I skipped on the Rice Krispie treats that my kids ate!! I had such a hard time with the cravings I feel like this is a really big deal! I hope I can get to the point where I don't want it so bad. Does it get easier??
Old 10-28-2010, 12:23 AM   #83  

I also had the "Big Mac" Salad. I don't know if this is exact recipe but I had my lean beef, romaine lettuce, onions, pickles, and WF thousand island dressing. It was good, I had it 2 nights in a row and will have it again soon.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:08 AM   #84  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannaSchueller View Post
Had my 2nd week weigh-in today. My measurements all stayed the same, but I lost 3 pounds (bringing me to a total of 8.5 pounds lost in just under two weeks) and my blood pressure is now at 128/75.
I don't seem to lose very many inches either. In 9 weeks I've lost a total of 20 inches, a few at a time or sometimes none for a week. When I see other people's losses posted I feel like there is something wrong with mine. My coach does 5 measurements-chest(ribcage), waist, hips, thigh & upper arm. Is everyone else doing the same? I have noticed a change in my appearance and have moved from a size 16-18 to a loose 12 so I wonder about the numbers.

By the way- I also had the Big Mac last night. Oh, the power of suggestion!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #85  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post

Ok, tomorrow is my last day on Phase 3, and I think I still have to try this! So many people raving about it. Any idea why the dehyrdrated onions? Regular shouldn't be a problem, right?
And congratulations. You've done so exceedingly well, as in gone past your mark and stayed there. Even if real onions weren't OK, I'd go for it. (I think the sugar gets mostly removed in dehydrated onions.)

Last edited by Linden; 10-28-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Question to everyone. I like to have a little cream or something in my coffee. I was using fat-free half and half, but noticed 2 gr carb and 3 gr sugar in 2 tblspns. I went out to the store at lunch to look at different creamers and also at the mini moos. Everything has fat, carb and/or sugar. Someone told me to look at heavy cream. She said her Mom was on a no carb diet (the OTHER one) and that was what she could use. Any suggestions? I thought I saw someone post that I could water down a vanilla pudding pack and use that.
Other low carb programs restrict carbs only. The fat? Not so much. My recommendation for IP:
1. Learn to love black coffee or
2. Use a substitute: the vanilla drink box or mix up the vanilla pudding pack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I just looked at the 13 pages in recipe #2 and did not see the recipe for the "Big Mac". Where can I find it? Have a great night. Judy
I'll look for it and post a link. Judy ... I think you could probably just use the old commercial to put the ingredients together: "two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun." Substitute lean ground beef, Walden Farms thousand island dressing, lettuce, pickles, onions hold the cheese, hold the sesame seeds and hold the bun! And as the old joke goes, it's up to you where to hold them. Add any other select veggies you like.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-28-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #87  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

The new daily thread is now open.

This thread will be left open until later today. This will allow you to multi-quote posts from this thread and reply in the new thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new daily chat thread for today.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #88  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Here's the Big Mac in a Bowl recipe:

BIG MAC (no cheese) IN A BOWL
• 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
• 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
• 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded
Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.
Closed Thread