Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #31  

tahnsks Val i will try that
Old 12-07-2006, 05:31 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Just letting you all know that I had a message from Sandy. She is maintaining with her weight and wanted me to tell you that she got 30 minutes of walking in this week.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 12-07-2006, 07:42 PM   #33  
colleen

S/C/G: 390/see ticker/200

Height: 5' 5''

Today is my weigh in day and I lost 6lbs! I got on the scale about 4 times not believing my eyes and each time it said the same!! And I got a raise at work.yay with retro pay. So Christmas shopping, here I come!!

Jill-Congrats on the 7lbs.! And thanks for the idea of making meals ahead of time. We have been getting snow every day this week so it takes more time to get to work. So I did some lunches that way and it was much easier for me.

Jen- I'm sure we have'nt met. Hi! congrats on the 4lb. loss!

Nancy-There are times when I wish I had someone to cook my dinner. Your BF knows what you're trying to accomplish so hopefully he will go easy on the butter. And 5lbs. gone?!! That's Great!!

Sharon-Good going on your 4lb.loss also!! I'm glad your little boy's toe is healing fast,yes,youth is amazing is'nt it?

Lilion-I'm so happy for you, 5lbs. down,that's wonderful. Hang in there and stay op. Enjoy the nonfood part of the holidays cause' they don't last long.

Emilymay- We have'nt met yet. Hello!

Potchita- on your 5lb. loss!

Xena- Way to go on your 1lb. loss! That's great!

Christi- Nice to meet you and welcome back.

Ammi- Yes, I was glad to be able to finnally get into at least one of the many sizes of pants I have. I'm on my way!!

ToniDMB-Hi! I don't think we've met. I'm sorry about your troubles in finding a suitable weight loss plan for yourself. Weight loss itself has it's ups and downs. I am following the weight watchers plan. I like it because you are not restricted from any food, you just learn to fit it into your diet in a sensible way. And you eventually learn proper food portions by heart and you don't need to measure everything for ever. Well, good luck to you.

That's all for me for now , talk to ya's later,bye!

Colleen.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:49 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Patty: I'm with Val, leg lifts and doing anything sitting in a chair may be helpful. Do you have a stationary bike? Hope that your leg heals quickly.

Toni: I am doing WW myself. So far it is good. Good luck finding your plan of choice.

Val: I knew it was you and I know I was right about how much you have changed. You are amazing. You are truly on your way to being able to ride the horses any old time without worry and so, so many other wonderful things. I'm so proud of you!

Kat: Congrats on your -4 and good luck with the shoe search. I just love Labrynth. I immediately started singing one of the songs in my head when I read your post. "You Remind me of the Babe" song. lol. I have the Princess Bride too. Excellent movie.

Ammi: Thanks for letting us know about Sandy, if she emails you again, tell her hi and hugs and we miss her for us. How are you sweetie pie Ammi? I bet you are a busy bee! Hugs to you.

Colneen: Congrats on -6 and your raise. Wonderful for you! Great start.

As for me. I shopped almost til I dropped tonight. I am pooped but very proud to have things done that needed to get done.

Blessing to you all my friends,
annie
Old 12-08-2006, 04:40 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Jilly so glad you are OP.xxxx
Annie, what pressies have you been buying & for whom? Hope you got something for yourself!xxxxx
Patti, I do leg raises and you can also use hand weights or tins of beans/whatever to work out your arms whilst sitting watching tv! ?Clenching your tush muscles whenever you think about it really does firm it up! I bet if you look online there will be lots of sites which show you exercises which don't put pressure on your legs, even sitting down exercises. Good luck & WTG on looking for alternatives instead of just 'resting', like I would, lol.xxxx
Mechelle, I bet you are so glad to be moving, it will be a shock not having to wrap up warm ALL THE TIME!!!lol. I'm so pleased for you.xxxx
Colleen, great on the pay rise AND it being back-dated! Any idea what you're going to buy? AND six pounds down!! You must be feeling FANTASTIC!!!!!xxxx
Katt, good luck with the shoes, I hope you get the chance to rest it up and recover for Christmas.xxxx
I forgot what else I wanted to say. Sorry if I missed mentioning anyone.
I dyed my hair last night; got to economise instead of having the hairdresser do it; it went rather more red than the strand test showed!! BUT I do like it and it definately looks Christmassy, lol. My weight has dropped again to an all time low (for recent years) BUT official weigh in is Saturday, so I'll wait & see!
I just wish I'd been as dedicated as Ammi, Wyllen & Lilion!!!! It would be great to be 60-100lbs down instead of 30 in a YEAR, but a loss is a loss I suppose, next year will be THE YEAR!!!!!! lol
xxxxsharon
Old 12-08-2006, 07:17 AM   #36  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hey gals, my gosh your weight losses are very impressive you know, I only tend to get any more than 1 off at a time when in the first weeks or so of a new eating plan. I hardly lose even when I do 3 twelve hour nursing shifts in a week! Its strange, but to get a 2 pound weight loss a week I have to eat about 1,500 a day which is tough to stick to every day forever. I wonder if its because I had a big op 2+ years ago and had a hysterectomy and my ovaries removed, so I was menopausal at 32!! Since that op I gained 4 stone and have now started losing but its SLOW!!! Feel paranoid that it was partly due to my op and me being older than I really am if u see what I mean.

Anyway hubby and I are away this weekend, seeing my best friend who has a new baby who will be just 2 weeks old when I see her she has 5 yr old twins already. Can't wait to welcome baby Then on the sunday we see dh's dad, who has cancer, he has just had his cancerous hip removed and now has chemo etc scheduled... so will be a toughie, but we are both looking forward to seeing him as we are a distance away and worry about him.

Sooo will not have much control over what food is available so need to focus on choices and MY decisions! Weigh day is monday for me, just seems easy to remember! Next week I have 5 nursing shifts in a row, so will be busy and god willing will find the energy to eat good breakfasts and pack lunches etc so I don't end up over tired and eating junk!

I wonder where my weight has come from sometimes, I know I am not a food angel, but I'm no devil either, both my kids eat roughly the same as me and are skinny minnies, my hubby eats more and stays the same, I know I eat probably 2,500 when I am relaxed, but as I am heavy figure I shouldn't gain on that, but I guess spending too much time analysing it won't help get it off will it??!!

Sharon - love the idea of your christmassy hair! It looks lovely in the pic and u sound much happier now, which is great

Colneen - Hiya hun, well done on your weight loss, that is just great you are doing so good

Wyllen - I will start exercising in new year and will join your thread!

Nancy way to go on your weight loss, go girl!!

Michelle - I have moved house A LOT and am feeling it for you, vey hard to be controlled when all around u is mad and chaotic!

Ammi - hope xmas plans are coming on ok and am stunned by your weight loss mission! Go girl!

Dogpal - thanks for the hello and you're right a bit of effort and I should get back into the 200s which will be very very cool

Cristi - welcome back, must have been a very tough time coming to terms with your sons diagnosis, so well done on pitching up to try again

Toni - trying to chose a weight loss plan can drive u deranged I know, theres so many out there. I am thinking long term and therefore trying to keep cals lowish ie about 1, 750 when I can and making the cals up with good foods not junk....hope u decide on which to do xx

Nightkatt - hope u get some super comfy shoes, I know how it is when I spend 12 hours either marching up and down a ward or on my knees washing feet, putting shoes on etc, it really does hurt sometimes!! And most frustrating for me, doesn't result in more weight loss! Altho my body fat is much less than when I started nursing, so I'm no smaller but I'm firmer!! lol

To all of you - have a great weekend and see u on monday xxx
Old 12-08-2006, 07:24 AM   #37  

Plateaued again! im disappointed depressed and cold its only 16 degrees here this morning!
Old 12-08-2006, 07:55 AM   #38  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

aw toofat4u, thats dissapointing for you, mind you you have done soooo great with your weight loss tho, I can only hope to do so well in a lot of months, try not to feel too down. Sorry to hear its too cold....brrr.......have a warm hug from me x
Old 12-08-2006, 08:19 AM   #39  

thanks emilymay!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #40  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Patti--are you really plateaued or just not losing for a week or 2? I wouldn't worry about being on a plateau unless you haven't lost for at least 4 weeks or so--anything less than that could easily be blamed on things like water retention. I thought I remembered you posting a loss not too long ago, so I'm sure it will resolve itself soon. I know it's frustrating to not see a loss every single week, but such is the journey of weight loss. I know it's frustrating, but like Heather always reminds us, the scale measures lots of things in addition to fat, so you could still be losing some fat and just gaining some temporary weight from other things so it doesn't register as a loss on the scale. I was once stalled for 4 months...now that's a plateau

emilymay--have fun visiting this weekend! I love meeting new babies

Sharon--I would be THRILLED to be 30 pounds down for the year...instead, I think I'm ending this year HIGHER than I started--YUCK!

Annie--good job getting that shopping done! I have yet to even figure out what I want to buy for Jeff

Colleen--wow, -6 pounds plus more $$...what a great week!!!
I know personally, if I don't pack my food ahead of time and plan each day, I won't stick to my plan because I will make worse choices. Making my food ahead of time has helped immensely.

Katt--congrats on making your Christmas goal!!!

Toni--good lord, the things we have in common! First the 105.7 The X, and now the desire to lose it ALL NOW THe thing with losing 14 pounds in a week is that 14 pounds is not even remotely possibly all fat. You're losing lots of water and probably a good bit of muscle. When people used to tell me this, I would respond with something like, :I don't care WHAT I lose, as I long as I lose some weight and get smaller!" However, I now realize that if you're losing muscle, you're going to have to eat WAY less since muscle burns more calories at rest than fat, so your body won't be burning as many calories if you're losing muscle. That's why, as slow and frustrating as it seems, losing weight SLOWLY really is the best way. It's the best way to ensure you're losing as much FAT as possible, plus study after study shows that people who lose weight slowly are more likely to KEEP IT OFF. I'm certainly not looking to lose 150 pounds only to gain it all back in 6 months because I can't maintain the drastic changes I'd made ot lose the weight in the first place. You have to find a plan you can stick to for the rest of your life (depressing, huh?) because after you lose the weight, maintenance can be just as much work (but still worth it!).

Nancy--congrats on the -5 (err, -3 if you count last week)...either way, congrats on being DOWN!!!

Val--well, now, anyone who calls me brilliant deserves a I'm glad you've got your mind back and can move on from the insanity.

mechell--I bet you'll be calling everyone in WA wimps when they're complaining about the cold in the winter. I grew up in northern Connecticut, so my winters were harsher than those here in Virginia, and it amazes me how much people here complain about it being cold (in the low 40s ) and how BAD people around here are about driving in the snow...where I grew up, if we got 2 feet of snow overnight, too bad! The school buses would put the chains on their tires, and we;d go to school anyway. Around here, they cancel school a few times a year if there is a CHANCE it will snow during the day

Ammi--I know, it is crazy where we lose some of our weight. When I was in college and doing a lot of Tae Bo, I had a roommate comment about how my ankles looked like toothpicks and she didn't know how I could jump around so much without them snapping because they were so thin Of course, the rest of me was still obese, but hey, I had nice ankles

As for me, I was perfectly on-plan again yesterday. As of today (since I KNOW I will be perfect today as well), I will have been perfectly OP for a whole week. I don't know that that's EVER been true in my entire life--to go a whole week without so much as a single unplanned or unaccounted for M&M. I did go back to TOPS last night and am up just over 9 pounds since I was last there in June. So, of course, my first TOPS goal is to just get back to where I was last time I was there and lose that 9.25 pounds.

Now, I have a good plan in place for today, but the weekend is already sneering in my direction. I know I will have to PLAN, PLAN, PLAN to get through the weekend safely. I had Subway for dinner last night and will have it again tonight, so NO restaurant food for me over the weekend!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #41  

Jill i think i have lost maybe inches instead of pounds lately i just reallyy like to see the scales go down! i noticed my unmentionables were started slide off me so i will take that as a NSV~
Old 12-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #42  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofatforu View Post
i noticed my unmentionables were started slide off me so i will take that as a NSV~
haha, that is awesome! Well, not that it's probably quite inconvenient for them to be slipping around all day, but that you can buy a smaller size next time
Old 12-08-2006, 10:22 AM   #43  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Thanks, ANNIE, for saying how changed I am. Today I don't feel changed. I feel panicky. For the last 3 days or more I've been so out of control. Not just slipping, not just overdoing it on good food, but totally, wildly insane. I don't know if this is a hormonal shift or what. Yesterday I got up and was so certain that it would be the day I got back on track, but it was as bad as a day could go. If I eat like this for a few more days, I'll be back over 300 by Christmas! Good grief, I even ate kettle korn and chocolate pudding WHILE I was watching Loser this week! Yeah, they were both sugar free and low or fat free, but c'mon - they weren't calorie free. Yesterday I was into cookies, crackers, even added rice to my tomato soup.

The image of dealing with my husband's ex at their daughters wedding next spring seems to have gotten my attention. I woke up this morning and lying in bed thought "I need to go back to South Beach - Right now! HARD CORE! I can be down 6-12 pounds by Christmas" But then I thought of giving up my low carb tortillas, my oyster/soup crackers and brown rice I just bought, the potatoes that my Bob Evans friend gave me, and I rebelled. ...and then I thought of sitting next to that hateful, skinny b*t*h at the wedding again.

So, I did have a PB & lettuce LC wrap for breakfast, but the wraps will go in the freezer now. I did grab a small handful of oyster crackers, but the rest of the bag is already dumped out on top of the rabbit hutch for the squirrels and birds. The rice will keep and the free potatoes, well, I'll run those next door to the neighbor.

I have my sweats on, my sneakers tied, and some music streaming on-line. All I have to do is climb on the treadmill and flip the switch.

I don't know what the rest of the day will bring. I have my company party tonight, but if I can hold on to control thru the rest of the day, at least I'll feel like I'm back at the wheel. It's not a question of WHETHER I'll get control back, it's just that I want control NOW. I wanted it yesterday and the day before and the day before that, but I gave it up to continuous obsessive desire to stuff my face. My God, I even ate fried chicken yesterday! and I had to wait 20 minutes for it! Sure I gave most of the skin to the dogs, but I had the 4 pc, not the 2 pc... with jo-jos! Physically I feel horrible. Emotionally, I'm scared instead of confident.

Yes, Annie, I see some long term changes in my behaviour, but I'm pretty shakey today. Lately I just don't seem to have the fierce determination that I can usually dig up from inside me. I don't even feel that "commitment to the process" that can sustain me in normal weak moments. So I'm grabbing on to all of you here. I'm going to stick to the list, counting on you to hold me accountable until I can do it for myself again. I'm gonna get on the treadmill and hope I stick with as long as I should, but even so, I'm terrified of finding a reason to cop out before I've done enough. I know while I'm on there I'll spend too much time looking for a reason to quit, so I better find more reasons keep going. I feel like just crying and quitting - this is so not me. It has to be hormonal. Who can I blame this on?? Who can I kick for making me feel this bad?? ....Ahhh, now that's better. If I quit sniveling and get mad, I just may pull up a little steel from inside, instead of just soggy tissues! I just may start to fight back instead of rolling over and reaching for more chocolate, grease, and a loaf of bread.

I guess I've changed, because as much as I want to just quit and go eat, I know that I CAN find that strength in me somewhere to fight back. I don't FEEL like fighting back, but I know now that I will. Even if I don't have the will to do what I know I should, I still know I'll get the will back, and instead of just waiting for it to show up on it's own, I'm gonna look for it. I'm gonna keep trying until I stop failing. Even if I don't wanna.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #44  

sorry Val you are having such a rough time i truly know the feeling but you did the right thing by coming on this web site... it truly does inspire people to stay OP ! now get on the treadmill right now!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:27 AM   #45  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Thank U Patti! I did 41 minutes! have to stretch now, but perhaps now I'll be better able to face the rest of the day and the party tonight without disaster. It was hard getting on that thing, but I'm always SOOOOOO glad when I do!

Now I get to go report on the E.T.!
Closed Thread