Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:26 AM   #46  

Height: 5'9

Hey everyone

I'm having a pretty good day even though I ate a lot of "bad" foods today. I felt really guilty at first, but it's one of the few free days my husband has had lately with going to school full time and working full time and we kind of wanted some "fun" time. I realized afterwards that I wasn't actually as bad as I was making myself out to be. A year ago when we had days like this we would have eaten three or four or five times what we ate tonight!! So yeah, I had some chicken strips and some mozza sticks and some candy - but the last bit was sugar free and I actually didn't eat that much of the previous stuff. When I added it all up I hadn't gone over 2k calories for the day so I can't have done that badly - I was shocked! I was thinking 5k or more which is probably more along the lines of what we would have done a year ago.

I'll probably go out and walk later tonight as it gets further toward morning but I'm a little wary. We have so much snow and I'm in a rural area so it's not plowed well. Last time I went out walking and I had to get off the road for a truck the dog pulled on the leash and I ended up on my bottom in a huge snowbank. Not fun! Had to walk home with my pants wet hehe and cussed at the dog the whole way. It's made me very skittish. I can't spend as much time on the elliptical in the house as my heart rate goes up sooo fast and the dvds I ordered from Amazon are still not shipped grrr. I ordered the three pack of the 1, 2 and 3 mile walk away the pounds workouts and Richard's disco sweat. I'm hoping they'll show up very soon. Amazing that I'm actually anxious for exercise!!!

Misti - First, I love your pics that you posted - you look so different! Wow, really inspiring!!

After my husband finishes school we're planning on moving to Vancouver BC, which is supposed to have a similar climate to Seattle and I'm so looking forward to it!! Like you I love it when it's cool and rainy. I don't like the frigid arctic cold and I also don't like horrible sweaty heat but give me a drizzly grey day and I'll spend the whole time outside! You're not crazy - or at least if you are there are two of us!

Raven - I work the night shift as well, 10pm to 6am most nights and 7pm to 6am Saturdays. It makes it hard to be a part of a gym or anything else for working out but there are some plusses to it too. If you have stores that are open 24 hours near you, you can walk around for a good hour at night and it's so deserted that no one really cares You just have to keep from buying everything in the store while you're there (my weakness hehe). I also find that I like walking in the morning right after work... there are a lot of people just getting up and exercising then so it won't seem strange to anyone to see you walking around at that hour. And of course there is always the exercise DVD or home machine route I'm sure you'll find a way to work it in.

Jilly - I'm sorry about the disappointment this morning but I'm sure the scale will catch up to you and your hard work soon. Remember that exercising regularly slowly changes your metabolism and once it speeds up you'll be burning more fat on a regular basis. It may just be taking some time to kick in (though I *totally* understand not wanting to wait, I am one of the least patient people around hehe). But don't give up!!

Pochita - Good job on walking away from that second donut! It's too easy to say 'well, I've already blown it, another won't matter' and so hard to stop sometimes. Have you thought about asking your mom to keep her treats in a special cabinet? Out of sight out of mind... I make my husband keep his sugared soda and chips and stuff far away from me, if I don't see it I don't think about it and can pretend it's not there!! He has a big stash in the car, at work, in his closet, but I don't investigate cause I don't wanna know the details!!

Katt - Looks like we've been up to similar things - I decided yesterday to rearrange the living room furniture. I wanted the bookcases on a different wall, so had to unload them and move them, reload them, move the craft desk around, shift the sofa a bit, etc etc. But I love rearranging rooms, makes it feel fresh and new Even if it's the same old stuff as you've always had!!

Valerie - It was snowing here tonight too O.O We already have three feet, what more is going to dump on us?? Still it's no fun to stand out in snow coming down when you're working so that I do have a bit of sympathy for hehe. I'm so glad to hear that your job is going well and that you had a good scale day

I know I have missed a LOT of people, I had a lot more to say. I need to start writing out a post WHILE I read so I don't forget!! I hope EVERYONE is having a beautiful glorious day.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #47  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

STOP!
DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE!
JOIN US ON THREAD # 1047!
Closed Thread