3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #31
A new year and a new me!

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Okee .. just a quickie .. I have been sooo bad today ... no I havent eaten anything I shouldnt have ... in fact .. I havent eaten full stop! Its been sooooo hot today and I really cant face the thought of food when its this hot ... been drinking water like its going out of fashion tho ... I know when the temp drops tonight I will probably start snacking or actually have a meal lol .. but even tho I know its bad for me and I need to eat at least the 3 meals a day .. I just cant face eating when Im sweltering.

I havent been inactive all day either ... this morning we went and picked up Scoots pressie ... and the new outdoor furniture .. I put that together after we got back then came inside out of the heat (well ... its still hot inside .. really need an airconditioner I think) and was just gonna relax and do another load of washing ... then I started thinking about cleaning up my bedroom cos I hadnt done that yet .. I thought Oh .. I will grab the sheets and get them washed quickly and put them back on after they have dried cos they are the coolest sheets we have lol .. but once I stripped the bed I realised that I wanted to do more in there .. soooo .. I completely moved the bedroom round rofl ... King size bed, 2 side cabinets (heavier than they looked lol) and a larger set of drawers with a TV on ... had to revaccuum everything then I decided to clean out my drawers and get rid of some of my hoarding before it built up again lol .... soooo ... after an hour the room was done .. just waiting for the sheets to dry then I can remake the bed.

Scoot rang me up to see if Ash was gonna be here for dinner or would she already be gone for her weekend at her friends .. gone I said .. How about Burger King?? What for?? Dinner! Oh . mmm .. sounds lovely ... then he asked what burger ... I thought for a minute then said .. hun .. I really dont want Burger King rofl .. can we have Subway??? He thinks Im nuts lol .. on a good week I get to have subway about 3 times rofl ... but I just really like it and they know my order now when I walk in the door too! But even when he gets home I dont know if I want to go there for dinner .. will see how the temps are .. I know I have to eat something .. I am getting a little tired.

Positives today....
1 - Its a beautiful sunny day, a little hot.. but much prefer the heat to the cold we have had recently
2 - My hunny is coming home for the weekend!!
3 - Dad is making a brilliant job of our BBQ area Looking forward to our first BBQ there (will see if Scoot can take a piccy .. will be a little rough for a while cos the ground has to be levelled .. but the fence will be up lol ..
4 - My daughter is away for the weekend .. love these peaceful weekends!
5 - My house is lovely and tidy ... and I have a bunch of new angels in my collection which I was able to put out after the tidy up (making room!)

Love & Laughter all!

PS - Has anyone heard from Amy??Has her move gone ok?? I havent seen her on the boards for a while and after the death of her darling cat Im a little worried about her .... HUGGIES AMY IF YOU ARE READING THIS!!

NEW YEAR NEW YOU CHALLENGE 2016 (Jan-May)

:Goal 1 - 300 pounds - reached 9.09.13 Goal 2 - 264.6 by 2/12/13 : reached 26.11.13
Goal 3 - 240 reached 23.05.14: Goal 4 - 220
Old 11-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #32

S/C/G: 370/350/200

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone. I am so thankful to have found this website. I was about to have what could have become a horrible night. I had an unpleasant discussion with my husband and after he left for work, I went into the kitchen and stuffed a huge jelly filled donut in my mouth...I know you are probably asking why I have such temptations in my home but my Mom lives with me and she likes to have something sweet after dinner, she has never had a weight problem, anyway she went grocery shopping today and they were on sale and as any good Mom would do she bought them...ughhhh! It does upset me that she does these things but I know she does not mean any harm its just she does not understand that I don't have the same self control she has...anyway back to the donut, I was about to grab another one when my daughter came into the kitchen and showed me a picture she had drawn for her science project at school, they are studying chickens and in this picture she had drawn the chicken in all its states of development.....hmmm guess what the little chick reminded me of. I thought "what are you doing" you have people you can talk to now. No need to do this to your self. So long story short, here I am having a way better treat than a donut or any other thing in my kitchen.....your very encouraging words. Thank you.

If life gives you lemons, learn to make lemonade
Old 11-03-2006, 01:37 AM   #33

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Erika - I'm 20 years old. 21 in about 7 months, so I don't think I'm going to make my 21st birthday goal, unfortunately. I haven't actually started going through my things yet...Andrew and I have been buying stuff for our apartment, though, and packing it away, so when we move we're all set. We're HOPING to move out in August (As he just turned 22 in October), but it may have to be delayed, due to the fact that we are both poor college students. But, it'll happen eventually! Hehe.

Well, I am OFF to bed. It's about 1:30am here, and I can barely keep my eyes open. I guess I'm just so used to my school/work schedule, where I have to be up so early. Tomorrow night, I think that Andrew & I are going to go over to the Dollar Theater and see The Black Dahlia. I've read mixed reviews about it, but we'll see how it is. I love the 1940's, so hopefully, this will be a good portrayal of the times. I've also been reading up on the Black Dahlia murder on CrimeLibrary.com, so we'll see how it follows with the facts. (I'm such a nerd for this stuff)

Old 11-03-2006, 05:41 AM   #34
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I got up and did my WATP this morning, meeting my goal of all 5 days this week.

I also stepped on the scale to find a disappointing gain. YES, I've allowed the scale some power over me because after 3 weeks of exercising, I feel I deserve SOME difference. But no--my weight is up, and my clothes are still tight. I still rush home at the end of the work day and take my pants off in my apartment so I can breath easier. My pants are still tight on my thighs (which is usually one of the first places to shrink on me, based on past experience).

Maybe at my weight, my metabolism really CAN'T handle nearly 2000 calories (for whatever reason). Anyway...I know, I know--patience. I'm not going to change anything right now and just give it some more time. 3 weeks isn't very long (although right now with how tired I am, it feels like I've been working out FOREVER ).

Sorry to be so down--it's one of those days. I'm usually quite positive--oh, it's just water weight, or oh, it's just homones, or whatever...but today it really struck me. As much as I'm sure my heart appreciates the exercise and tracked diet, in all honesty, health is NOT one of my primary reasons for losing weight (as I've never had any weight-related health issues at all). It's a bit of an added side benefit, but all I really want is to be thinner, to notice a difference, to be able to act like a "normal" person for the first time in my LIFE, to not only have 3 stores to choose from for new clothes, to be able to confidently get into an airplane seat or roller coaster seat without fear of the belt not reaching around me, to live a day without the 10 million worries I have as an obese person that I wouldn't have to worry about if I were thinner...

Whatever. Sorry for the rant. All I can do is keep trying.
Got down to about 185 before pregnancy;
Benjamin David born March 24, 2012, 7 pounds 11 ounces
Post-pregnancy: 206.5
Old 11-03-2006, 06:29 AM   #35
ready to lose

S/C/G: 290/285/150

Height: 5'8"

Well this morning after i got off work my mom and i read some books about calories and stuff just to see about how much we eat in calories a day. Man was i shocked??!! I didnt know I was putting that much junk in my body. No wonder Im unhappy!!!
So after our little adventure with calories we had some breakfast and I was so ready to go workout or at least take a walk with my dog but I managed to become really tired and went to sleep. I know that exercise is going to be a big part of my weight loss but timing is something im lacking since my job is at night.BUT NO EXCUSES! lol

Michelle- Yeah it would definitely be too cold to walk outside if i lived in Barrow like you. Thank god i have a huge house to use as my playground huh?! lol thanks for the support and the warm welcome.

Jill- Your right that isnt an excuse when there are a ton of people who even run during the winter time here in my town. LOL Yes workout videos are the best.

Sharon- Thanks for the welcome and hope to talk to you again.

Lavandel- Thanks for the welcome. Im glad there are so many supportive people on here. Talk to ya later

Pochita- Thanks for the support and for the warm welcome. Hope to get to know ya better.

Katt Thanks for the support. Yeah it could be considered a no-cal sweet treatwithout all the guilty feelings afterward. Im pretty sure I will be asking for alot of advice and helpful hints. I know the exercise part is going to be my biggest hurdle. Its not that i dont like to it but since i work nights from 11pm - 7am im all backwards. Im 19 at the moment and will be 21 in January of 2008. I not sure if I will make my goal but im going to try. Well ttyl

Misti- Hi and thanks for the welcome. Its great to be a part of this group.

Valerie- Thanks for the warm welcome and hope to talk to you soon!

Im sorry this is so long. I just wanted to tell everyone hi and thanks again.

Talk to yall soon!

~*~ Raven~*~

MY ULTIMATE GOAL

November minutes: 170/540
"The journey of a 1000 miles starts with one step" Chinese Proverb
Old 11-03-2006, 07:10 AM   #36

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

just a real quick post.....i actually got up at 5 and did my 45 minute 3 mile WATP tape! i can't believe it!!! i wasn't too fond of leslie at about 2.5 miles, but i did it anyway! gotta run to get ready for work, but had to share my excitement! see you later for personals!! lori

february exercise minutes= 240/300...only 60 left
Old 11-03-2006, 07:18 AM   #37

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone! Happy Friday, yay!

Pochita, good job on stopping and realizing what you were doing with the donut and finding something else! Way to go!

Katt, it sounds "strange" to hear you talk about the heat this time of year; but I remember when I lived in the Philippines our "hot season" was when the US was getting cold. Hope you are able to cool down some!

Kayley, the presidential challenge has a thread here... you can win medals for so many minutes of exercise. But I won't go into details more since you can't do it.

Erika, yah, moving is always a mess! Glad you are getting a start on tossing things out! Have fun, tee hee!

Jilly, I sure know what you mean about not getting the results you deserve on the scale! It has been about 8 weeks for me since the FFM has come and I am "up" four pounds again this morning. Sheesh. What do we have to DO to get this weight off? Hang in there!!!

Raven, you are sure right about the "excuses" we can make for not exercising. I am kind of the opposite of most though as it was SO hard for me to get out during the summer since I HATE hot weather! Now that it is colder and rainy a lot I love it LOL. BUT I have to add that here in Seattle our temps are so moderate that it really is never that extreme either way. But regardless, if we are just a bit creative we can find ways and time to do it. We do find time to do what we really want to do. And it IS worth it!!!

Wezi, great job on the early morning workout! Yay for you!!!

Yeeks. Better get ready for work!!! Have a great day everybody.

in Seattle

Old 11-03-2006, 07:35 AM   #38

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Oh I wanna cry right now And it has nothing to do with my weight lol

It is snowing!!!

And I hate winter!!! I realy do, I hate waking up and getting out of bed, where its just so warm and cosy and step outside and first thing you have to do is defreez your car...blah that sucks!

KATT SEND SOME SUN OVER HERE PLEASE

Other then that everything is ok, Im kinda lazy this week, yesterday workout was 7mins on elliptical and nothing else, I just dont feel like working out when its cold. But I have to today, if i wanna get my 900 mins this month. We'll see I guess.

I see its pretty much a lot of rantting today lol so hope day will improve and everyone will have a great day! Those who already have one...lucky you

Byeeeeeee
Old 11-03-2006, 07:44 AM   #39

Height: 5'8.5"

Well Lavendal I hated winter too when I lived where it gets THAT cold and you have to fool with all that on your car, etc. Here it might snow a time or two in the winter but if it does it is usually all melted off in a few hours so if we want to play in it we have to get out there fast LOL. I can't wait for a snow on a Saturday so I can go to the pool as it has all glass sides and I will be able to go swimming in the snow!

Yes, I have been told I am crazy LOL

Old 11-03-2006, 08:12 AM   #40

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

I am sorry that I didn't get to post yesterday. It was hubby's birthday and we had a busy day. Today is my SDs birthday and again we are going to be busy, but I just had to do a quick post before the birthday fun continues lol.

First of all I am sorry that I won't have chance to catch up on most of the posts you have all written. I just spent an age just catching up reading them. So very briefly:

Angel, Raven and Dazzleberry

Misti - love the photos, you are looking so AMAZING. Since you have lost weight you look so much healthier, happier and YOUNGER

Kayley - glad you are feeling so much better now, I am sure being OP will be easier now. Loved your photos.

Michelle and Sandy - thanks, I am all better now.

Valerie - yep the FFM was definitely staying clear of my place last Monday, I am hoping she'll visit this Monday coming though. As for the time machine, I will let you know if I hear anything. Glad day one in work was so great

Patti - did you have your WI today? How did it go?

Luan - sorry that you are having such trouble with your mum Sorry too that you have gained some weight back. Don't worry, I am sure you will soon shift it again!

A big hello to everybody else. If I am not too far behind on all the posts by the next time I check in I hope to catch up with some personals. Take care all and have a great day.

Bye all,

Hugs,

Ammi

Old 11-03-2006, 08:19 AM   #41

Ammi yes i did WI but no change.. guess i got mine early in the week and i have been lax on the exercise this week trying to shake this cold! have a real fun day and happy birthday to both Darin and your daughter!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:23 AM   #42
ready to lose

S/C/G: 290/285/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the warm welcome Ammi! It is very much appreciated.

You all have been a real big help with all the success yall have been through. I love this place already!! Ive also set a goal of 540 minutes for Novemeber. I know I can make this goal with all the help and support given here.

Have a great day everyone.

MY ULTIMATE GOAL

November minutes: 170/540
"The journey of a 1000 miles starts with one step" Chinese Proverb
Old 11-03-2006, 08:30 AM   #43

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

pochita -- Just wanted to say WTG on the donut! I have found that taking ownership of these moments to be very powerful. And they can add up quickly. Part of weight loss are these choices we make every single day. Good job!

So many others to respond to, but a special call out to Jill and Misti -- getting stuck is really frustrating, and Jill I understand when you say that health is a side benefit for you. But keep thinking about those other motivations, because you are doing the things that will get you there. Unfortunately it sometimes takes longer than we want! okay, usually? always?? Hang in there! I am proud of you!!!!!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 11-03-2006, 08:31 AM   #44

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Raven -- I love to see new people in the exercise thread!!! This IS a great place -- though it's still a hard road, it's so much better with other people to turn to!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 11-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #45

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Ok, this is getting crazy...I've just spent 40min driving only 4km, I mean how crazy can traffic actually get?

LOL Misti hope its gonna snow hehehe so you can have your cold swim
Its not like we have extreme winters, but snow is common here and also cold, we had really long winter last year and it felt so great that it was so warm actually till last week, so I guess that wasnt bad. We just have to get used to it again and its gonna be ok.

Ammi is everything ok with your health now?
Closed Thread