Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#1006

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #2  
Big Phat Mama

S/C/G: 353/330/160

Height: 5 10

I did a bad bad thing. I posted after you told me not to. Am i grounded or something???

So far been doing okay today but the day is still young lol
Old 09-13-2006, 04:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone,

Remember me? Well, I'm finally back on line . Missed you all so much. I know there is no way that I can read all of the posts that I missed out on so I just will jump in here. I did really badly while I was off line for the past couple of months. I gained about 21 pounds but, some of that may be because I had to weigh myself on two scales. I joined weight watchers and can now weigh on one scale that they have. So, I know for sure my weight and I put it down on my tracker and I'm back and ready to go. I have been to Curves to work out 2 times this week and am looking forward to being a part of this forum again. Missed you all.

Blessings and hugs,
Dogpal, Annie
Old 09-13-2006, 05:37 PM   #4  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

I missed a lot-I've just been having one of those extremley busy days---I don't really have much to say but that I am still here and alive and thinking of everyone. I'm so exhausted- I need a different job- I'm thinking about posting my resume- I'm just tired...

Anyway- I hope everyone is having a good day
Old 09-13-2006, 05:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hello All,

Nothing much exciting to report today, so I will just go straight into my personal replies

Katt - how are you feeling today? Did you give exercise a miss as you planned? I sure hope you aren't coming down with what Ash has! Perhaps you will be needing to visit the doctor yourself on Monday if you do end up having to take Ash.

I can see that I have lost weight, I know from my clothes if nothing else, but I think because I am not actually changing shape, just getting smaller, I still feel huge if that makes any sense. I will keep on persevering though and when I get into some size 20 jeans then maybe I will feel like I am looking good

Luan - this trip you had was with your 'guy' wasn't it? Any romantic news to report Glad you had a great time, ok you weren't OP, you may gain a lb or 2, but you know you can lose it again. So don't worry about it

Patti - I don't know about melting away, mind you when I was in London I felt like I was doing just that Hope you are having a great day with no health problems to report! Not long to go until you have your WI, can't wait to hear how you do!

Heather - how are the muscles now, less sore than they were after the yoga I hope. It does sound like you had a tough instructor, any chance of changing to a different one?

Missy - welcome back Well done on staying 100% OP while you were away, I am sure when you WI you will reap the rewards! Sounds like you are doing great with the exercise too. You should be really proud of yourself

Kenya - 9 days to go

Ziggy - sorry that you are missing your hubby, is he away with work? Keeping busy while he's gone is a good idea, now if only you could work up the enthusiasm to get some of those boxes packed

Ayanna - if you have been around since summer last year you will know me from back then. I lost 22 lbs between July and November, but took some time off to enjoy anniversaries, birthdays and of course Christmas and New Years Eve. By the time I was ready to diet again in January I had gained the 22 lbs back. Terrible huh! It took me til the end of May to get back on track, and now things are going great.

I am glad that we all motivate you here. You made the first big step realising that you need to lose weight, and the second big step, finding this place. It makes a huge difference being amongst others who know exactly what it's like to be so overweight, and what is involved in losing that weight.

Don't worry too much about trying to make personal replies, as long as you enjoy reading posts, and add your news that's what matters. I think a lot of people stop posting because they worry about keeping up. It's not a case of keeping up, just keeping in touch

Vicky - hello and glad you found us. I wasn't actually told by my doctor that my weight was going to cause me a lot of health problems, I just realised just how much I was suffering because of it. My back pain and foot pain was severe, I couldn't walk across the road without being in pain. I couldn't put my own shoes and socks on, and there were many other restrictions on my life because of my size. I have been a yo yo dieter for about 20 years now, each time getting fatter and fatter when the diet failed. I suddenly realised that if I didn't lose weight and keep it off NOW, then I would never do it, and I may as well resign myself to the fact that I will be bed ridden or a wheel chair user all because of my size!! It was/is a frightening thought and it's inspired me to start dieting again. This time I am determined to keep the weight off too!! It sounds like you have the ultimate motivation to diet too, and I am sure you will get to your diet goal this time! Well done on the 7 lbs you have lost already

Chrissy - you made me laugh when you said you are 63 inches, and how I have lost 57. Put like that it sounds like I lost a whole person nearly,

Oh I see, your 'guy' knew that he was having the colonoscopy to remove something, at least it wasn't a huge shock to him. How long will he have to wait for the results?

I don't know about you but I can't wait until he visits you next time. I am a sucker for a good romance!!

Briliiant news about your 'admirer' in the store! It's great to have an ego boost like that Fantastic news too about you getting past your plateau, I can't wait to hear how much weight you have lost

Misti - I think the FFM must have been kidnapped and it was a clone that came to visit you. An evil clone that makes you gain weight not lose it. Never fear, I am sure the FFM will free herself, get rid of the clone and will be back at your house taking those lbs away again soon!!

HalloweenGirl - sounds like you did good with that Chinese meal, mostly making good choices. It's all about a lifestyle change, and you are doing great at it

Angie - thanks for the congrats It sucks to be a pear shape, I would love to have a nice hourglass figure. I wonder if any amount of exercise and toning will ever get me a nicer figure. Diet is getting me slimmer, but I want to have a different figure altogether LOL!!

Nelie - I hope you are having a better today and that you aren't feeling so hungry. It's funny how some days we don't think much about food, but that other days all we want to do is eat

Nessa - glad to hear that emotionally you are having a better day

Sharon - after my surgeries it was just impossible to shave my legs, I could barely walk most of the time, so bending to shave my legs in the shower, or raising them to shave them in the bath was a no no. Daren would shave them for me sometimes, love him , but the fatter I got and the more I realised I needed the help because of my size more than my health the more I didn't ask him to help me. NOW though, because I can easily shave my legs I do them every other day and am loving it!! I live in trousers so there is no need to do them, I just want to because I can

Good for you on losing another inch off your hips. Weird about those size charts isn't it. You are wearing 18s and yet they reckon you are a 24. Well I don't want to even know what I am supposed to be according to the charts

I am sorry you feel so unfulfilled at home and can't wait to be able to work. Me, I am a real homebody. I haven't been able to work for years either because of being a single mum, or more recently because of my health. I am glad I am happy to be at home otherwise I might be pulling my hair out. What sort of work would you like to do?

One more thing STOP running yourself down, even in jest. Those women could very well be jealous. Only you think you don't have the figure or looks to make others jealous. I think you have a figure I would die for, and you aren't an old frump like me. I would love to be more like you. But those women could well be jealous because of other reasons, who knows how their minds work. Like I said earlier though, don't worry about them. It's their loss not to have you as a friend

Robwen - sorry you have been feeling 'poopy' but it's good that you are having a much better day today so far. Let's hope the good feelings last

Don't worry about posting after the STOP post, everybody does that at one time or another. You won't be grounded this time LOL

Valerie - oh no, don't want you to be speechless I would miss you posting here if you didn't have the ability to speak Thanks for your comments though, much appreciated!!

Lilion - that's fabulous that you broke the 240 barrier, onwards and downwards now If you do end up eating a few naughty things in the next week or so, just try to make sure you keep active to help make up for it!

I hope you can find some old dress making notes with your measurements on them. I think it's wonderful to see how many inches you lose.

Nancy - good to see your post. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your BF and finances again. It sure does sound like he has a real hard time not spending. Is there anything over there like AA but for spendaholics? I know it sounds funny, but spending like he does sound like a problem for him and I wonder if there is some kind of professional help he could seek? I hate to think you two might split up over this, but you can't live your life worrying about your finances with him. It's no good one of you being responsible with money and not the other. Good luck with deciding what to do, I am sure you will make the right decision I like what Nessa said to you about how debt builds up, but more importantly what she said about telling him to get a cheaper hobby and be thankful he has a computer!!

Thanks for saying that you can see my loss in my photos. I think other people probably see it more than me, but then again I saw an old friend the other day. She hadn't seen me in about 2 years, and she didn't comment at all that I was looking thinner. Well I guess when I am a size 14 everybody will have no choice but to notice

Yes I have had an update from my mum, and the police. First of all the police won't evict my brother without a court order. Mum's landlord got a court order, but to evict BOTH mum and my brother if he hasn't moved out by Friday!! He supposedly said he will move out by then, but that remains to be seen. Mum is going to ring me on Friday to let me know what's happened.

ANNIE - back. I have missed you LOADS. Sorry to hear that you put on some weight since you have been away, but you know you can lose it again, and you are on the right track already joining WW and going to Curves. You are back on track my friend and those lbs are going to start flying off now. I am sooooo happy you are back online!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly - sounds like you need lots of these and lots of sleep, and maybe a holiday!! Take care and I hope you feel more rested soon.

It's time for me to get some emails done now, so I better make a move. Take care all and if I don't check in before bed time, 'see' you all tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #6  

welcome back Annie, and Ammi is right those pounds will soon vanish1
Old 09-13-2006, 06:46 PM   #7  

Hi Ladies - I'm doing okay...-3 in the last 2 weeks...not all what I wanted, but it's something! Going to get back into my "at home" routine..walking with John at night and such. We got our new computer from DELL...it's a slightly different model so I gotta get used to it again. Well I'm off to update my weight ticker! Hope everyone is doing well!!
Stay OP chickies!

Melissa
Old 09-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #8  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Well... I suppose it had to happen. I am feeling 'poopy' now too. I'm not sure which one of you sent the bugs through the Internet lines, but I don't know of anyone over here who has a cold at the moment, so it must have been one of you. Actually, I'm not even sure it IS a cold. I have NO voice. Well, I suppose I could start making obscene phone calls with the husky one I currently have, but I'm not sure it would be good for my throat.

I was having tomorrow afternoon off anyway as the principal told me to get someone to cover for me so we could head off to the airport nice and early. I have now changed that to the WHOLE day, as I think I am just going to want to totally rest before going away. I have to go in today as I have to plan for a relief (sub) teacher for 3 days and I am nowhere NEAR organised. I have a 1st year student teacher in though, and she is fantastic. I called her last night and she said that she would be happy to take today's lessons for me so I don't have to use my voice. What a sweetie!

I am SO looking forward to our long weekend in Sydney, and I really don't want to feel 'poopy' (I love that word!) while we are over there. I am heading to the doctor sometime to get a certificate for tomorrow. I know that there is probably nothing she will be able to do, but she may have some good suggestions. If I rest as much as I can today and tomorrow, hopefully I will get on top of it. Interestingly enough, I got the identical thing last year a few days before our U.S. trip. Maybe I put my body through stress that I don't realise before something like this.

Anyway. Fingers crossed for me please.

Sorry that I haven't written any individuals for a while. You all know how much I like to 'chat' and talk about what you are all doing, but my days seem to be racing by as though someone has put Fast Forward on. Hopefully the Merry-Go-Round will slow down soon.

Take care all,

Zelma

P.S. Well done to all of those who are seeing the scales come down.

P.P.S. Sorry to see that some have scales that are going in the wrong direction. Well done that you are not letting it get you down.

P.P.P.S. Welcome back Annie!!!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:49 PM   #9  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Zelma ~ Sorry It might have been me that sent the bug.... I have however learned that if you pass it along, your symptoms will go away We are all crossing our fingers for you (... and our toes and our legs...well some of us can cross our legs )

Annie~ Welcome back girlfriend!!! We missed you lots! Way to go on getting right back on track!!

Sharon~ Maybe you are just paranoid. I have issues with that sometimes. or ya know, maybe they are just b****s Either way, you are just wonderful and they arent. Ignore them

Nancy~ Sorry you are at your wits end with your man. I am sure that Steve has his moments with me too. I have a hard time saving money...really hard time!

Ammi~ 57??? Holy smokes, you ARE on fire!!!

I pigged out last night. Nachoes and cheese. Barely any water. Up 4 nasty lbs this morning. Have to drink up a storm today and tomorrow to get rid of the sodium. Why we do this, I have NO idea...ok... steve and I are on our way to make our Christmas list yes you have heard me right... we take presents VERY SERIOUSLY!

Might not be around tomorrow. I work 9.5 hrs at one job and 4 hrs at the other. Going to be a long day. Stay OP peoples...

Brenda
Old 09-13-2006, 07:59 PM   #10  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Hello Dogpal-- It is so nice to see you again. I always wanted to join Curves. It always looked so supportive! Again I am glad to see you are back.

Hello ladies.... I hope everyone is having a great day! Plus a even better night I will be cooking and cleaning all night long.

Melissa- Congrats on the lost more than 30 pounds.. That is so great!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 303/265/175

Height: 5'11"

Hello! I'm new around here. I've been reading the boards on and off for awhile and find so many people on this site extremely inspiring. I started my weight loss in April. Sadly I got off track in July and August because of an extremely busy work schedule. ( I need to learn how to manage eating healthy and planning ahead when I'm working 6-7 days a week for a min. of 12 hours a day.) The good news is, I've had no problem getting back on track. I lost the weight I gained and an additional few pounds.

I know I have a long way to go, but right now- I'm more focused on teaching myself new healthy habits than focusing on the weight loss. I know I was reading on thread on this site where people were talking about foods they had to "give up". Someone said that they learned they had to treat cheese as a condiment. That really stuck with me because cheese used to be one of my main staples in my daily food until I started changing my eating habits.

I've been seeing a nutritionist and basically just counting calories. I look forward to getting to know you all better!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:44 PM   #12  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Trixiepixie!! I have to say I understand 100% what you mean about trying to manage eating healthy with a crazy work schedule- I'm in the same boat!! I've been doing nutrisystem, because it takes all the work out of it. The only problem I've discovered is that when you run out of food, you don't know what to do...I'm totally sucking right now...

I don't know what my deal is, I'm just really down lately, and today I went to my hip hop class, and I didn't hardly enjoy it! That's usually the highlight of my week. I'm feeling so emotional for the past week now- and I just don't know. I'm just not interested in anything, I want to stay home and sleep, which is really frustrating since I'm working 5am to 2/3/4 pm every day. I'm usually a very positive person, and very happy, chipper. I'm trying to figure out this sudden change in my mood- I wonder if I've finally just gotten beyond tired, or if something is actually wrong.

Well- like I said, I'm really not doing great, not eating bad, but not good either. I'm still excercising my schedule, so that's one good thing. I'm hoping that my food will arrive soon, and I'll get better. I'm also going to make sure I never let there be a lapse in my food like this ever again.

Have a great rest of the day!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:52 PM   #13  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi all

Just a quick stop I woke up this morning feeling better so I thought I would take advantage of it and get as much done as I can to catch up on what i missed

I didnt do any exercise yesterday (which could be why Im feeling better today lol) and today I didnt do any dvd exercise but I have definitely been moving this morning

I got up this morning to feed the lambs and saw it was a beautiful day so I thought I would catch up on my washing, there are boxes of washing (sheets. blankets etc from before we moved ... gawd!!) in the sleep out so I went to get one of them out to do and there was a bunch of stuff in there (boxes still packed from our move) so I ducked inside to put on the washing from this week instead then went back out to the sleep out to sort it out ... 3.5 hours later I have finally finished the sleep out so that when dad comes and stays for a few days at a time (while we build and clear the section) he can be a little more self-sufficient out there (have a fridge/freezer and microwave out there now .. and the tv and dvd too - and couch and 2 beds) ... I now have a BIG pile of empty boxes and have reduced a bunch of other ones down, filled up the garage too rofl ... Im a little sore from all the bending and lifting .. but my happy point is that although Im tired again now, when I used to do any work like that I had to scoot around on a chair with wheels cos my back would hurt after 10 min .. and this time I only sat down on it once about half way through the work and that was just cos I was restacking one of the shelving units out there!

Im too tired to do my timed exercise now .. and although Im not going to count my cleaning time as my exercise I think I have done enough today to make up for not doing it ... weigh in tomorrow so hopefully it will be ok ...

Oh... and I have managed to do 3 loads of washing so far .. got another load in now and might even be able to squeeze in one more which will make a big dent in the pile (told you there was a LOT!!!) ... now I just have to fold up the first 3 loads rofl .. yuck .. and put em away! (one of the loads was the material sheets for the screens that I have put up in the sleep out to section off the bedroom area from the lounge/kitchenette area for dad )

Great job to everyone who has had the Fat Fairy visit .. sorry to those that had her visit to drop off what she took from elsewhere ... next time she does that tell her to look out for the ones that deserve it next time rofl (meaning those that seem to find pleasure in putting those of the heavier persuasion down).

Welcome back Dogpal .. I think you have been gone for a while cos I havent seen you on here before .. BUT ... I have seen your name mentioned a few times by friends that have missed you ... so great to see you on the boards again .. and while the pounds may have made a return visit at least you know how you are able to get rid of them again so its not like starting from scratch really

Welcome also to the newbies that have started their new journey to a healthier lifestyle, I hope you find all the inspiration and support that you need here

Huggies all

Katt (pooped!)
Old 09-13-2006, 10:20 PM   #14  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

IN MY DEFENSE....
I didn't know it was a buffet when I went in that Chinese restaurant. And I'd have still handled it if I hadn't gotten a call just then from a friend with a crisis. I still didn't pig out like the old days, and I still avoided the deep fried stuff, but I ate more than I wanted or needed. At least I had held back and planned to spend a few extra calories on dinner. Oh well. Food happens. (Hmmm, Do you think that's worth making into a bumper sticker? ... )

On the other hand, my Curves 6-Week Challange will be startin' on Tuesday, 2 days early yippee! I'm READY!!!
AMMI - NOW can I do the Dogpal's back dance????
CHA-CHA, Ku-Ka RUMBA! WELCOME BACK DOGPAL! Back on the wagon my friend! I'm glad you will have a single scale to use. I think that will be SO much better. I'm glad you're finally getting settled in your own place! All that moving around over the last many months is just so unnerving. Did you hear - I'm OFF the truck?!! (Sorry everybody - I'm not tired of saying that yet!!)

TRIXIEPIXIE - To one of the friendliest corners of the universe, Complete with cheerleaders , super-hero's , and an occasional when needed!

I simply must get some sleep tonight, so once again I'm short on personals. I did get a few resumes out today, and have an interesting interview on Monday. Tomorrow is Dr early to get my eyelid fixed. Hopefully I can be more in the near future, but for now at least I'm trying to keep up.

*** NANCY, Marry him AFTER he changes, and NOT before. I'm feelin' your pain, believe me. It doesn't get any better after it's too late.

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 09-13-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #15  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody... Welcome back, Dogpal! And Trixiepixie... welcome. Glad to have you here!

Oh now, the "crud" has now come this way. I started feeling it last night and getting worse. I was planning to go to the water aerobics class tonight but was not up to it.

Did have ONE nice victory today though. We went to Claim Jumper for lunch and I got meatloaf, mashed potatoes with no gravy, and steamed veggies instead of bread. I ate half the meatloaf... the potatoes obviously did not have a lot of butter in them so ate those.

BUT -- when they started to seat us in a booth it looked SO tiny and I was thinking "oh please please please let me fit into that thing." Well... WOW I slid right in AND there was something like 8" to 10" between me and the table!!! YOWSERS! I was stunned!!!! Before there was NO WAY I could have sat in that booth!

And now I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I love meatloaf but don't eat it often... but this was not greasy and obviously made out of very lean meat... yum! Nice treat!!!
Closed Thread