Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 10:59 PM   #16  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

OH, and ZELMA: You have no idea how hard it was to type this way!!!

MISTI - WAAAAAAAY Cool on the booth NSV!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:01 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8.5"

YES!! Zelma... I am so excited for you and hope you get to feeling lots better! Can't wait to hear all about it... and hope you win but in any case you are OUR winner and have done fantastic to get this far!!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:39 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Annie -- Welcome back! Are you moved??

Hey, wanna join us on the exercise thread again??

Ammi -- I am still a little sore, but no chance of a different instructor -- it's just a once a week thing at the school. I actually liked it and will go back. It was a GREAT ab workout!

I know what you mean about still feeling huge! I remember losing 70 pounds and more and STILL feeling huge. Only recently is that feeling starting to ebb a little.

I tried on some of my old clothes last night... WOW! I can't believe I was that big!

Zelma -- I hope your poopiness doesn't ruin the trip for you! Good lucK!!!!

trixiepixie -- WELCOME!!! I think that's a great attitude to have! The weight will come off with what you're doing, but less of a focus on the scale is, I think, a good thing!
Old 09-14-2006, 02:40 AM   #19  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi Everybody!

I'm always one of the last posters of the day I think! I'm on pacific time and I'm sure all you guys in the east are sleeping sound by now.

Sorry to hear so many of you guys are feeling 'poopie'. That's a 'bummer' oh haha yeah I know that is dry!! but hey, I try! Oh and I rhyme too!

Anyways as I was saying, I hope you guys all rest up well and fight of this nasty stuff which must be going around everywhere by the sound of it. My co-workers on the east coast are ill too, so something's in the air. Probably the sudden shift in temps is having an effect.

Welcome back to the few people who have been away, Dogpal and Melissa and anyone else I missed.

Also, welcome to all the new people, I love having all of this stuff to read but boy my memory is SO bad for these names, who did what, etc. I'm sorry, forgive me!! I need to know what Ammi's secret is because she seems to never miss a beat!

Misti OMG congrats on that booth experience. That in particular is one of my 'things'. I've experienced a couple of restaurants where the booths were a little closer than most. Great for you that you slid in and with room to spare!! awesome!

Ammi it's nice to hear that you are now able to do your legs. I can't ever say I'd ENJOY that task, since I never lost the ability to ( I do it sitting on the side of the tub and take my time). BUT there are a couple of other challenges that I have so I know where you are coming from there.

Melissa awesome on losing 3 pounds while you were gone and considering you were not in your home environment hey girl that's pretty darn good.

I noticed a couple of people commented on being wiped out from the work hours they keep, and trying to eat healthy at the same time. That's a real tough one for sure. Tiredness is bad because you need enough sleep for your body to lose weight, and anxiety is probably bad too. For me, I gained mostly in times of stress. I hope you guys can manage to rest up on the weekends at least I'm far too spoiled now (this is a good thing), I get to work via internet commute I guess you'd call it so I make my own hours as long as my work is done on schedule. Before that I would say I was at work more than I ever was at home

~ Angie
Old 09-14-2006, 04:30 AM   #20  
aka Valerie

Angry Caution: RANT warning.

Hey West Coast Angie! Spiteful woman that I am, I couldn't let you be the last poster of the day... or before tomorrow as the case may be. Yes, It's 4 a.m. here on the East coast, but I've been up since 1 so I figured I'd let the dogs out and check in here.

I haven't been sleeping well for several days, which even contributed to me missing my workout yesterday morning. I think it was Bill mentioning that he's not planning on working for the first 3 months of next year. Yup, that's right. For the last 3 years we couldn't afford for me to get off the truck for a couple weeks at a time. But since I've been off the truck, it took less than 2 weeks for him to look for a way to quit himself. Supposedly he's going to make enough money running solo to bankroll 3 months worth of bills, then he'll take time off and REMODEL THE FREAKING HOUSE!

Wow. Gee. Cool... This from the same guy who hasn't even finished doing the lousy BATHROOM
in TEN, yes TEN!!! BLOOMING!!! YEARS!!!!! ....
We must have won the blooming LOTTERY and he hasn't told me! (How many of these guys are we allowed to use before we get censored?) I tell you what, if he expects to come home and get some he's in for a rude awakening. And if I say ANYTHING resembling common SENSE, he says I'm ruining HIS Freaking Dream, and tearing HIM down. I don't have many dreams left. I'm going to get healthier and ride my horse, but I'll never have my farm, I'll probably never have even an old beater truck and trailer to take my horse to a show, I'll spend the rest of my life like I've spent the last 7 years - as a servant to earn HIS keep and pay HIS bills because he can't leave his credit card in his pocket and GET A REAL JOB! (Has anyone caught that red is not the color of Looooove here?)
He doesn't much care for his mom because she had to his dad, but they're cut from the same mold. I don't wanna be a - maybe I can't even be one. I just keep feeling myself getting closer to and walking away. What to do?

Sorry for the extreme rant. I hope you had the volume turned down on your computers before you opened this one. I'm just so exhausted by this roller coaster of stress.

I HAVE to work out tomorrow - EARLY! So I'll try to get some sleep now and hope for a or a or at least a little dealing with this. Anybody got a ga-zillion amp lantern I could shine in his face? Probably still wouldn't help - he still couldn't see the light.

Thank you for
Old 09-14-2006, 04:34 AM   #21  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hi all, so i had my weigh in today... and i lost 3.4!!! i was really excited considering how crummy i did this week. i just cant get too comfortable with eating bad again.

halloween-i love your quote about ice cream's baby!!

Ammi - no, actually i went alone. i really enjoy going to concerts by myself because i dont have to worry about anyone else, because i like wierd music.

Annie - WELCOME BACK!!
Old 09-14-2006, 04:38 AM   #22  
aka Valerie

WHOO-HOO! GOOD News. GOOD FOR YOU LUAN!!! I'm glad the FFM is treating you well. Seeing that brings my spirits up - Great progress! Was that just in one little week????
Old 09-14-2006, 04:58 AM   #23  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Valerie - yep, just in one week. LOL the FFM. that always makes me laugh.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:17 AM   #24  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Good morning- I'm just checking in quick, as i have to leave for work in less than 5 minutes. I'm still in a funck- so not really much to report, besides the fact that when I get home today (and I'm leaving after 8 hours, I don't care if I still have work to do) I'm going to finish writing my paper for class (will spend no more than 1 hour on it-it's a rough draft) I'm going to take a nap, and it will be about a 3 hour nap. If that doesn't get me back together i think I will snap!

Okay- sorry about that- gotta go now! have a good day!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:05 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Does anybody have the same problem as me? You are so tired that you want to sleep, but something keeps waking you up, and the more that happens the more you find you are getting a fierce headache which in itself stops you from sleeping? That's what it was like for me this morning. So I gave up, decided to ignore the headache, and here I am catching up with you all. I will just have to aim for an early night tonight

Patti - Nope I haven't had chance to try Nintendogs yet, though Daren had a turn in London, he chose and adorable Beagle and he put yellow ribbons on her I am still hooked on Sims, problem is I can't beat the ultimate bad robot at the end. So I started another character, but every so often I load the old one and try to defeat the robot. Just can't do it Very frustrating

Missy - down 3 lbs that is awesome Just goes to show that staying OP while you were away really was worth it!!

Zelma - so sorry that you are feeling 'poopy' and what a time for it to happen!! Do you think it's nerves getting the better of you, maybe even subconciously? You have a huge event ahead of you and as excited as you are about it, deep down you could be anxious about it all. Well don't let your body sabotage you, even if you sit at that dinner with tissues all around you and smelling of eucalyptus oil, you go and take that slimmer of the year crown. Even if you don't win it, go take it anyway, you deserve it more than any of the others I read about Feel better soon

Brenda - I have a suggestion for you. Every time you feel like pigging out, especially if it's not for comfort, go and re-read your blog. Remind yourself how well you have done, and just why you want to lose the weight. It might inspire you to think again about eating what you shouldn't! You know that you can lose any lbs you put on, especially if it is indeed water weight from the sodium in what you eat. But it does slow down your progress and if you are like me, when things slow down there is more temptation to just give up. I don't want to see you do that, so read your blog as often as you need to

Kenya - 8 days to go

Curves has recently opened close to me, and as I have heard so many here rave about it, I went to see the place. It looked fine, but the cost was extortionate and according to what Annie has told me, it's so much more expensive than what you guys pay over there. So I shall have to give it a miss unfortunately, well until they learn they will get more custom if they drop their prices

TrixiePixie - sounds to me like you have the perfect idea right now of focusing on teaching yourself good eating habits, especially when it comes to eating right when you have a busy day at work etc. As you know, diets for us are lifestyle changes, and there's no point going into this unless you are prepared to see what changes need to be made and then make them. That's exactly what you are trying to do, so

Kimberly - I am really sorry that you are still feeling so down and emotional. Sounds to me like you really need a bit of a break. Can you take some time off and have a nice weekend away somewhere? Or even just take some time out and sleep, sleep, sleep?

Nutrisystem sounds ideal for people with hectic lifestyles, but does it say anywhere about how you wean yourself back onto ordinary food when you are ready. Ordinary might be the wrong word, I just mean food not from Nutrisystem. One of the reasons I love WW so much is because as I am eating now I could happily eat like it for the rest of my life. I know as time goes on I will have a much better idea of what points are in what food, and in the end I guess it will be second nature to me to know what portion sizes to have and what to eat to maintain my weight. I don't know if I could manage if I tried a diet like yours, or SB etc.

Katt - glad to hear you woke up today feeling much better, amazing what a bit of a rest can do for you. Mind you you didn't stay rested for long did you. Wow you had a busy day getting that sleep out ready for your dad. It does feel good afterwards though doesn't it to see just how much you achieved What a great NSV too that you managed to do all that work without once relying on the chair with wheels. I was exactly like that myself. I had to sit on a stool in the bathroom so that I could clean the toilet and the sink because my back would kill if I tried to actually bend to do the jobs. I don't have to do that anymore, so I really understand what an achievement it was for you today to not need the chair

Good luck with the WI tomorrow, I figure with all that physical work you did today you are bound to have had a visit from the FFM

Valerie - even when you are angry your posts are so pretty and I end up smiling just from looking at them I am sorry though that hubby got you so upset, understandably so mind you I would love to just say leave him, your young enough to move on and follow your dreams and get what you want out of life. But I know it's easier said than done, especially if you still love the man. So all I will say is the same as I said to Nancy about her situation with her BF. If you need to make some choices, I am sure you will make the right ones

That serious stuff over, loved your Dogpal's back dance I am sure she will get a buzz from seeing how happy we all are to have her back.

Misti - I always dread going to places with booths because if I do squeeze into them I have to have my plate nearly half way over the other side of the table or my boobs will be in my food I haven't been to a place with a booth since I lost my weight, I will be interested if I have a wonderful NSV like you did when you not only got into the booth with no problems but you had plenty of room to spare too That must have been a wonderful feeling.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling too good, there are definitely some mean germs flying around the place these days I hope you will feel much better soon

Heather - glad you aren't feeling as sore now, and good for you for wanting to keep on going to the class. I am sure you won't ache half as much after the next session.

I am glad you are starting to see seeing now that you aren't huge anymore, maybe when I get to your weight I will be the same, hope so anyway. I was only thinking this morning that the last time I went to Blackpool, a place with a fab fair full of rollercoasters, I could just squeeze onto the rides. I automatically thought, ha, that was then. Now I wouldn't get anywhere near fitting in the seats. But I am about 28 lbs lighter now! It's weird to be losing weight and still feel like I'm not if you know what I mean

Glad you got a buzz from trying on some old clothes and seeing how much weight you have lost. Of course there is the feeling of WOW how did I get THAT big in the first place. But that's all in the past, now you are looking pretty darn good

Angie - I always felt too uncomfortable trying to sit on the edge of the bath to do my legs, even before I got fat. Since gaining weight, I don't know, maybe I just thought I would break the bath if I sat on the side lol, and of course now I have had my 'Barbie Butt' surgery, and even thought it was a couple of years ago, it's still uncomfortable for me to sit on anything hard. So yep, it's a thrill that I can do my legs again now, lying in the bath What are the challenges that you want to or have overcome with weight loss. If you don't mind me asking that is? If you do, just ignore my question or tell me to mind my own business

Luan - brilliant news on the 3.4 lbs loss, you are doing great again. As soon as you set your mind to losing weight you DO it, well done

Oh, did I get it wrong then, didn't you say that you were meant to be going to Anaheim with the 'guy'. Did it fall through, or am I just a dizzy twit Either way, I am thrilled that you had such a great time. By the way, I spent so much time the other day asking about the guy in the photo, that I think I forgot to mention that you look fabulous!!

Annie - just saying hi to you now because you are BACK and I can

Time for me to go and exercise now. My headache has eased a bit so I feel up to it now. Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-14-2006, 07:47 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Ammi I love your 'boobs in the food' comment! I often wake up several times in the night but if it's with a head-ache it's coz I drank too much!xxxx
Annie, WELCOME BACK, as for the gain moving house; especially if it's fraught with bad valuations & having to choose a whole new house; that seems a pretty normal thing to do, so don't worry we're all here to lose weight and help/support each other. YOU HAVE BEEN SORELY MISSEDXXXXXXXX
Katt, isn't it great when you can move and work more easily than before you lost the weight! I bet you worked off some fat too doing all that lifting, stretching and too-ing & fro-ing, as good as any workout.xxxxx
Nancy, thanks for the comments. About your guy & his spending, ask yourself if you want to be in charge of your joint finances forever or if you are willing to bail him out, if the answer is no I would either sit down & tell him how worried you are or even write him a letter if it's easier for you. If he knows he could lose you it should make him grow up & be responsible, if not you'll have to decide whether his good points outweigh the bad. I wish I could wave a magic wand for you, after your surgery you don't need any worry, you should be relaxing and be being spoiled.xxxx
Valerie, I hoped your hubby was being ok, it seems you & Nancy should bunk up & get your guys together! seriously I wish there was something which could be done to make these guys grow up, I have a friend whose hubby is the same, no sense of what he can afford, just whast he wants. They have three young kids too so she's not in the position to earn much to help. I really hope things get better for you, everyone deserves happiness, sadly there seems to be a shortage of sensible good men, even though there's lots of lovely special women here. (YOU TOO NANCYXXX)xxxxx
Well I weighed in, again, I'm down two pounds but I'll wait til Saturday. My brother-in-law got back from an extended holiday in Russia, Siberia, China & Mongolia, he's bringing photos on Saturday, so that will be interesting. Steve has put the photos we took of our hols (nowhere exotic) on the pc so I might post some later. I have to go, but THANKS TO EVERYONE who said kind things about my probs with some of the other mums.
xxsharon
Old 09-14-2006, 08:00 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick to Valerie. I have no solutions for you, but thought Ammi said it well about choices and all. Working off your frustrations with exercise is a good idea!!

Ammi - You know, I might be able to believe I am looking 'pretty darn good" one day. I am starting to be caught off guard by my reflection at times, but it takes a LOT to shift from the mentality of being fat. I always knew it was a big part of my identity, but I think it is even more than I realized.

I can't wait to hear of your next visit to a booth or amusement park ride -- I'm pretty confident you'll fit!! You are doing sooooo well! And you sound like you are doing something you CAN do for life! Bravo! Of course, that doesn't mean every day is easy, but I am finding that the rewards of being thinner and able to do more are pretty powerful motivators themselves!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #28  

Good morning, everyone!

Ammi about the boobs in the food and halfway across the table! I sure understand! And you know... I am noticing that lately half of my food doesn't end up on my boobs on the way to my mouth. My clothes are much cleaner since I don't have to lift things so far over my boobs! And they are STILL 42DDD... not exactly tiny little things.

Oh and to those who asked for us to share boobs... oh that it were that easy! They would be in a Fed-Ex box to you right at this very moment. But for those with small ones, believe me... you have NO idea what you are asking for and the problems they create!

I seem to have a bad case of the crud. Sheesh... I eat right, exercise, take vitamins, fresh lemon water every morning... and this is my reward! We have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much a backlog of work for me to stay home so guess it is "chin up."
Old 09-14-2006, 08:24 AM   #29  

Oh and yes, Ammi... can't wait to hear when you try out a booth!!! I have been sitting in them lately but I try to make sure it is one that has a movable table, etc. This one yesterday did not have and looked sooooooo tiny!! But whoops, there I was... sitting right there in it like everyone else.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:48 AM   #30  

Talking

Morning all!

I won't be too chatty today 'cause I'm feeling kinda tired and poopy too! Do you think we all have a computer virus?

Dogpal! Welcome back! You have been missed!

Heather - we have three yoga instructors where I go and I've been to two of their classes. He tried to kill me. Seriously, I was thinking of charges. But I went back the next week. He tried to kill me again. He actually said to me - "I'll pray for you-this is really advanced yoga." I wanted to say "Then why the heck are you teaching it in BASIC YOGA!" But I didn't. Instead I went back to the other teacher - who teaches BASIC yoga. I'll go back to the first guy later.

Valerie: I'm SO SORRY to hear what a total *** your DH is being. And don't you dare say he's not later. I wish I could give you a for every you posted! I have no advice and no words. Just know if you decide to run away from home, I have a spare room!

Sharon - I like your photos. And they certainly show a loss from your very early photos I ran across on the pic thread!

Misty- I don't want your DD's. I don't even want D's. I'd be happy with a full C, instead of these pathetic empty marble bags I have hanging off my chest.

Zelma- GOOD LUCK! You have ladies cheering for you all over the world!

Well all, I have nothing to report, except that my favorite size 20 jeans were really, really baggy when I put them on last night. I remember when I put them on and stayed in them the first time until my DH got home so I could show him they fit...I couldn't breathe, but they fit! I wore them, hitching them up all night, and a chambrey shirt I haven't worn for a long time because it was too tight around the hips - also big now - to dog school last night. They aren't only big around, but longer too (I'm sure from the bagginess.) Still, I felt like a kid wearing a grown-ups clothes. It reminded me that I CAN lose weight.

And so can all of you!
Closed Thread