Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:01 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again #985

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at
www.3fatchicks.com
. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 08:27 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Ha, that's what I get for starting the new thread before posting the ending post on the old thread--we end up with multiple new threads instead! Sorry for any confusion, ladies!

Anyway, back on track here on this beautiful Monday morning (yes, I used "beautiful" and "Monday" in the same sentence on purpose ). It is actually refreshingly cool outside this morning, and I am LOVIN' it! I'm so sick of the heeeeeat...but anyway, back to my planned menus. I'm obviously up on the scale from my 3 days of "eat whatever I want"--I didn't go completely insane with the food, but I still wish I had been a little better (I ended up with Pizza Hut and Ben and Jerry's but at least I spread the junk out over 3 days instead of bingeing all 3 days, if that makes any sense ). Ahh, well, I will improve next time...live and learn!
Old 08-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Had my weigh in today and lost 1 lb. I was disappointed at first, but then I told myself off. A loss is a loss and that's what counts. I really hope I can lose 2 more lbs before I go to London though, it will help motivate me to not make a pig of myself while I am away

Valerie - I hope you can borrow DHs computer when your battery goes flat. How long are you going to be on the road this time?

I love pasta, I never have any problems like craving sweet food after it though, I wonder if it makes a difference what you put with it? I have mine with tuna. It's a tuna pasta bake, and it's delicious

Patti - well you will see from the start of my post that I lost a lb this week. Not spectacular, but it's still good

How are you feeling today, do you think you will feel up to exercising. Don't push yourself if there is any doubt about it. Time enough to exercise when you feel 100% fit. How is hubby, was he well enough to go back to work?

Kinney - great to see you here. Good for you for sorting out your fridge, it makes a huge difference to a diet having the right foods in the house rather than naughty ones. I am strong enough now to have some sweets in the house for the girls, but until I felt this strong there was no way I would have danger food like that here

Zelma - sounds like you have an interesting day ahead, what kinds of books does John A Rowe write. I am guessing they are going to be children's books?

I got your email thanks, I will answer ASAP

As for my personal replies, normally I have nothing much on in my day so it's easy to spend the time replying to posts. I bet if I had a job you would only see me write little posts all the time

Katt - wow you haven't had one of your treat boxes, do you not have a sweet tooth? If they were in my house they would constantly be screaming at me to 'eat me' I wouldn't be happy until every last sweet was gone. When I go to London there is a shop there that sells sweets and chocolate etc from all over the world. Diet or no diet I shall be buying some Violet Crumbles and some Rocky Roads. Maybe 1 of each if I am very good, two of each if I am going to be wicked, and maybe a whole box of each if I can buy a lockable box to keep them in and give Daren the key so he only lets me have a bar on special occasions When I was in Australia last (97) I spend a month there, and I think I was trying to make up for not being able to get a lot of my fave sweets over here, I put on 20 lbs !!!! Yep, just from catching up on the fab Violet Crumbles, Mint Slices, Golden Roughs, Polly Waffles, Tim Tams and so on and so on and so on,

Everything ok with your daughter? You haven't mentioned her so I hope no news is good news

Jen - you know the best part about making our diets a lifestyle change? We can have rough weekends food wise and know that we will just get right back on track come Monday or whenever. I think we have to lose the guilt at not being a diet angel because it's times like that when I know I for one have thought oh well, blown the diet now, let's give up altogether. That was on diets of old. This time I won't give in. I might have days off, but they weren't turn into weeks and they sure as heck won't turn into months etc

Misti - sounds like you needed that nice quiet weekend, if nothing else it has prepared you for a busy week in work!! I hope things won't be too hectic.

I bet you could post nice long posts too if you were a 'lady of leisure' like me, Seriously, I think you are all wonderful for finding the time to post in between fab work outs, family/social life and work committments.

Missy - for your WI tomorrow, with all that walking you do you are surely going to see a good loss

Kimberly - I normally have a very sweet tooth, and I would have chocolate rather than cheese any day. BUT when I diet I start to crave savoury food instead of sweet, so I know if I had the temptation of cheese and crackers, I could just not say no. Cheese is so moreish isn't it, you can't just stop at one cube, and if you put it with pineapple or pickles, well I am a gonner, there is no hope for me then

that you get that promotion, let us know as soon as you hear anything

Sabrina - well done on being a lb down I bet that was a nice surprise after seeing a gain on the scales the night before!

When is your anniversary? That's great that you saved the top half of your wedding cake, I hope when it defrosts it will be delicous

Jill - Woops, that's a first isn't it, two threads being started at the same time

Good for you for not eating too much over the three days that you could eat what you want. I am sure as time goes on you will want to eat less than you did, but you still did great, like you said, you didn't binge for the full 3 days

Ok well I better go exercise now, I will be back later.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-21-2006, 09:10 AM   #4  
Here we go again!

S/C/G: 319/319/150

Hi everybody! Just thought I post a quick one before I get started at work today. Well, I weighed this a.m. and show no loss and no gain. Whew! That'll teach me to weigh during the week...I tell ya, I think I should hide the scale except on weigh in day. School starts today, which means that I will not be getting home to dinner until after 8. This will take some getting used to, I'm sure!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #5  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hey there guys

I just woke up and read everything that I missed and now I have to leave for a while. I'll check back in though and tell you all about my weekend *L*

Brenda
Old 08-21-2006, 09:21 AM   #6  

Ammi - You're right. A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss! Beats not losing and is sure as heck beats gaining. Our anniversary is October 8. We're going to Orlando for a first anniversary trip. I hope I'm able to get through airport security with the cake. I'm going to have to figure that one out!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:32 AM   #7  

oh ammi i would love to lose a pound lol! my hubby went back to work but we both are not 100 per cent. i have got half my exercise done will finish up with it after awhile before it gets too hot. plan to go to dr. in a couple of weeks and if i am still having headaches i will tell tell her about them.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:34 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Ammi - you are doing awesome! The scale has been all over the place this week for me, it goes up, it goes down but it stays right around 269... I want a solid loss but I need to work for it

Jill - Don't worry too much about weekend lbs. I always have weekend lbs myself because the weekend is the only time I eat out and my salt intake is increased as a result. I went to BDs mongolian grill yesterday and even though I didn't add any salt to my dish, the sauces and what not definitely had salt because I could taste it. Also I can understand having ice cream, it was hot. I had ice cream myself this weekend. I am also hoping for the cool down.

I'm getting back into the swing of things with doing my yoga routine twice a day. The DF has been doing it all last week while I didn't feel like it. I can't believe how much flexibility he has gained in just a week. I definitely need to keep on track and I can feel myself becoming more flexible as well. Also, we talked about starting Aikido later this year. That seems like it would be fun and active.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Well congrats Ammi, a pound is good, after how fast you've been losing you can't expect 4-6 lbs every week. If you lose too fast you'll end up with loads of loose skin, so slowly but surely will get us all there and hopefully without having to have too much surgery on saggy bits, lolxxxx At least when you're in London you will be walking lots and there will be more choice in the foods you can eat than a normal day out, so not all is lostxxxx
My head is hurting again so my post might seem a bit ungrammatical, sorry.
I have been packing, ironing and hoovering & dusting as well as fetching washing in & out-the stupid weather is sunny & breezy one minute, raining the next! I REALLY need to get the clothes dry, anyone with small kids will understand the amount of clothes they can get through!
Jilly, ice cream is soo tempting, especially when it's hot, at least on your plan you can have it on your 'days off'. You are doing really well. xxxx
Zelma, great to 'see' you again, how long now 'til the results/visit/final of the competition?xxxx
Sabrina is your wedding cake sponge or fruit cake? I know frozen sponge on a wedding cake keeps for at least TWO years as we used ours for our older son's christening cake. The fruitcake was kept in a tin with lots of napkins & kept over a year/eighteen months- we had it as a Christmas cake. Hope yours tastes as good as mine did & gets through customs ok, lolxxxxx
Nelie, how many pairs of hiking boots do you get through? lol You are doing so well doing all this walking AND over rough terrain & hills. And I'm worried about a few sand dunes, lol!xxxx
Patti, I hope your head is better, (and hubbyxx) thanks for the pm reply. Does fresh air help your headaches? maybe a little nap in a cool, quiet dark room might help, it does me, when I get the chance! xxxxx
I have to go, I had an awful day yesterday, the boys were so naughty AND I was ready to cry I was so worn down & stressed, God knows what I'd have done without the depression meds! I had some gin & tonic (diet, lol) and about 20 peanut M&Ms. I had resisted them all day, then thought 'Stuff it!' I hope it won't mess up my weightloss for Friday!
ok, bye then keep healthy & happyxxxx
xx sharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 08-21-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #10  

voodoo hope your head eases. yes i think fresh air would do me good... and i heard that chocolate is good for migraines lol! in moderation i am sure!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:11 AM   #11  

Hello Everyone!

Peeking in for a quick "HOWDY"! The weekend was not toooo bad for me, considering I still had at least 31 flex points...but I suspect I ate them all and better be good from now to payday. I've didn't journal perfectly, but did try to keep track of my points and I'm back on track with that today. I went grocery shopping and got some snacks I LOVE that I can fit in...fruit and best of all Trail Mix! I LOVE nuts and raisins etc. and took a bag and broke it down into servings in little baggies so I know exactly how much I can eat of it! Maybe this way I can get my nut craving satisfied and not go overboard! Other than chocolate, nuts are the one thing I tend to get cravings for...specifically almonds...just love the fattening things!

Zelma: I know I've missed a few threads...but have you heard about your contest??? Did you win??? You are definately a winner in our book!

Sharon: Is fruit cake a common wedding cake in England? In the US it's typically a very soft white cake, not even as firm as sponge cake. It normally doesn't freeze too awfully well either - but we try! I am one of the few people I know who actually LOVE fruit cake...even cheap stuff with fake green bits in it.

Ammi: WOW! I just noticed your slider! 62 lbs gone!!!! Lets hear it for Ammi!

Jilly: Two of my favorite men, Ben and Jerry! One slip does not a diet disaster make! Good for you getting right back on track! Me too!

Love you all - Keep up the good work!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Lilion, yes everyone has it, it's an old tradition, though some people are being modern & having profiterole mountains or chocolate cakes. Mine was lovely, it had to mature for a couple of months before being covered in marzipan & icing. The top layer is usually sponge though as the weight can make them collapse and some people hate fruit cake, I just hate the icing!
I want your 'COUNT' he's my fave!! lol
xxsharon
Old 08-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo1 View Post
Sabrina is your wedding cake sponge or fruit cake? I know frozen sponge on a wedding cake keeps for at least TWO years as we used ours for our older son's christening cake. The fruitcake was kept in a tin with lots of napkins & kept over a year/eighteen months- we had it as a Christmas cake. Hope yours tastes as good as mine did & gets through customs ok, lolxxxxx
It was a sponge cake with fudge filling and buttercream frosting. What I tasted of it was good, neither of us got a slice at the wedding itself.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- Congrats on the pound! Perhaps you are getting to a point in your weight loss when it will start to slow. When I first started I lost every week, multiple pounds! I got used to it. However, as time went on I started having weeks where I stayed the same or even gained (despite staying "on plan"). Those weeks aren't the best, but know it's part of the process when you have a week (or weeks) like that. Now I seem to stay the same for a couple of weeks and then... whoosh... shed a few pounds all at once. Just know it's part of the process many of us face and just keep plugging away!
Old 08-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Sue - DO IT!!! Hide those scales until your official WI. I keep mine on a shelf in my bedroom so I am never tempted to just step on them like I would if I left them on the floor. I say I hate the scales, but it wouldn't stop me being tempted to step on them too often.

Brenda - looking forward to your post about how your weekend went.

Sabrina - on how lovely that it's your first wedding anniversary. They are all special, but I think the first is one of the most special. What will you be doing in Orlando, visiting family? Well whatever you are doing, I hope you finally get to eat some of your cake. It sounds delicious!!

Patti - you know as I wrote my post saying that at first I was a bit disappointed with just a lb loss, I did think that was rather rotten of me. I know you would love to have lost that lb, so, rest assured that I am happy about it. I guess I am just eager to get to 265, that will be the lightest I have been in about 13 years!!

I am so PLEASED that you are going to see the doctor about those headaches if they don't go away. You shouldn't have to suffer as much as you do

I hope hubby isn't suffering too much now he is back in work, and I am glad you got your exercise done today

Hey, who told you that chocolate is good for migraines, or were you joking, lol. Chocolate can actually be a trigger food for migraines, but thankfully it's not one of the trigger foods for mine

Nelie - I will be so happy if I can get to 265 before I hit a plateau, that will keep me motivated no matter how many weeks I might have without a loss.

Sharon - oh I knew that my weight loss was going to slow down sooner rather than later, as I said to Nelie though, I just want to reach 265 more than anything. In our language lol it will be 18 stone 13 lbs You know I have lost some good amounts of weight weekly and each time it happens I think, oh it's just water weight! Today when I lost 1 lb I thought, oh well at least it's fat not water. I know 62 lbs can't be all water weight, but at least with a small loss I feel like I am losing fat!! You are right too about the slower it comes off hopefully it wil mean less saggy skin. The way I am going right now I feel like I will need one of those whole body lifts

Did you get your ironing done? I got all my washing done and dried today and I ironed it all tonight. It's so great to have it out of the way. The girls do their own ironing, so once they get that done tomorrow all the washing baskets can be put away for another week, yay

I have only one thing to say to you now........keep M&Ms out of your house, lol. Or get yourelf a sweety safe like I want

Lilion - thanks for your enthusiasm over my 62 lbs lost I still look at it and find it hard to believe I have lost that much. Only 48 lbs more til I have lost 100

That's great that you got trail mix and put it separate bags so you know how much you can have at each 'sitting' I do that with raisins, dried apricots, and pumpkin seeds. I know they are all good for you, but they sure have a lot of points!!

I LOVE fruit cake, it's delicious. Every Christmas I buy one, and if I had had wedding cake it would have been a fruit cakce too. Like Sharon I am not too keen on the icing, well it's not the icing, it's the marzipan that they use to attach it to the cake. But I tend to peal that off, and manage to eat the icing and the cake, mmmmmmm. Roll on Christmas

Heather - thank you, you are absolutely right, I know the weight loss will slow, and eventually plateau for a while. As I said in previous posts I just wanted to get to 265 before that happened, I think that's why I was a bit disappointed initially with my 1 lb loss. But like pennies, the lbs add up, and I will get to 265, and then carry on going down, no matter how slow it happens. I appreciate you reminding me of the path that I will be following

I heard from Crock the other day, I kept nagging her with offline messages on Yahoo and she wrote to tell me that she is well, just very busy right now. No news on the job yet either. I hope she will post here again soon.

Ok time to go email, I am soooo behind. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread