Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #31  
Keep the energy up!

I know what you mean about the pasta being like a drug. I wish I could bottle the feeling I have after eating it and everytime I want some more pasta, go back to that feeling. It would definitely curb that craving. But somehow, everytime, I forget and eat it anyways...

tomorrow is the big cupboard/refrig/freezer clean out of all the stuff I can't/shouldn't/don't want to (because it is so old) eat, and refill with stuff I can/should/want to (well, hopefully want to) eat. My list is made and I am ready.

I checked out the pics thread and one with the needlepoint was amazing (or crossstitch?), I admire the patience it takes to do those FOR SURE!

Peace out!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:25 PM   #32  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Just a quick hello before heading off to work. Should be a fairly interesting day. We are off to the local library for the first part to meet an author/illustrator. John A Rowe - He is from England I think. We also go to the library on Friday to watch a theatre production. This is all part of the celebrations for Book Week. We arrive back at school today at the end of recess and then I have three planning periods in a row, so I don't see the kids again until 2:10. I have lunch duty, which may not be too bad as I think the weather is OK today.

So, all in all, a fairly light day I think.

I have been reading lots on here, but had a very busy weekend, so didn't post. Lots of shopping on Saturday and went to the birthday party of one of my students. Yesterday was a market day, lots of baking and then shopping and exercising.

Started today with my new aerobics DVD. I thought I would try something a little different. It was "Basics", so it was a little easy, but I was able to add a few extra bits and pieces to keep myself moving. It should be fun for a while. I still want to order some Masala Bhangra DVDs as they look like they would be a LOT of fun.

I have a few things to do after school this week, but I have my fingers crossed that I will be able to get some personals in. I take my hat off to Ammi in the personal replies department. I always have the best of intentions, but I get to the end of each day and I still haven't written anything.

Well, off to get ready.

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 08-20-2006, 08:36 PM   #33  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Oh wow ... so many posts while I slept and worked out rofl .... everyone seems sooo busy!!

Ammi - you know what .. I havent had a single ONE of my treat boxes yet!! But I am thinking about treating myself today lol ... esp now you reminded me I have them rofl. Well the week has started ok so far ... I still dont like Mondays tho rofl.

PASTA PASTA PASTA ooooh my fave and biggest downfall rofl ... fortunately I have kept some of the pasta in my diet cos I am giving up enough as it is lol ... but only little servings ... and Im even allowed to have a couple of those little gourmet baby potatoes for my veges now .... not overly fussed about that tho cos potatoes arent really my fave veges lol ...

Everyone is getting along so well with their plans and days .... Im off to get my lunch ... ham salad sammie for me Might make up a WW jelly too for a treat tonight with dinner.

Have a great day all!

Huggies
Old 08-20-2006, 10:00 PM   #34  
Releasing the inner hiker

Hello all,

Well, I had a rough weekend food-wise, but weekends always are hard on me. Saturday I made the mistake of having pancakes, and like Valerie, the refined carbs and sugar made me crave sweets the entire day. Today was almost a perfect day until I was invited to dinner. A good friend of mine makes the best Mexican dishes. Well...tomorrow is a new week.

Nelie, congrats on the hike! I've gone on a few this summer, but I am not fit enough to do the ones I really want to do. I'm working towards Mount Washington (highest point in NH) next year.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. A new day, a renewed commitment.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:57 PM   #35  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wow what a sluggish weekend I have had! Not sure why but just NO energy so just did what I had commitment for and have pretty much lain around with a book and/or slept away the weekend! NO exercise! But I have learned not to push myself too hard and to take the "time off" when I really do need it. I sure do need to get back into the swing of things tomorrow though! Especially since 2 people (out of 5) in my department are off (as they were last week) and things are really rolling at work!

Can't believe the weekend is gone. But I'm wishing everyone a great week.

And Ammi, I agree... your posts are the greatest! Wish I could manage time to do that!
Old 08-21-2006, 03:34 AM   #36  

Hi Ladies....Things seem a little slow around here. Anyways DH and I got a walk in 55 minutes...we went a new way as it wasn't as long as we expected. But, that's okay, I gotta learn to vary my walking times a bit. Getting nervous and impatient about my Tuesday weigh-in!! Well, I'm off to play a game...DH is going to "nap" since he walked with me after his 12hr shift...so he's pooped, lol. Hope everyone is doing well!
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 08-21-2006, 06:34 AM   #37  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

WOW- so much has happened since I checked in last! I had such a busy day yesterday that I only checked in first thing in the morning, and mine was still the last post! LOL! I have to hurry off to work- it took me longer than usual to read everyone's that I don't have much time to reply. Congrats to everyone- you are all doing so well! nelie- awsome NSV making that incredible hike, and then doing it faster that the average hiker. You should be so proud. That a double NSV! Hpnotg back- I actually just started here so I can't wait to get to know you. Congrats on conituning to lose weight despite the challenge of not being completley on track. We are all here to support you!!!

I have to run- work shouldn't be too bad today- and I have an interview this afternoon for a promotion (already my stomach is turning and it not for another 10 hours!!) Oh yeah- yesterday wasn't too great. I hosted a jewlery party and for snacks we offered cheese and crackers and fruit. I thought I would have the will power to only eat fruit-but I hit the cheese, and once I started, I had trouble. I'm not sure exactly how much I ate, or how bad the cheese was...I'm hoping I won't pay for that one when I weigh friday. i'll have to be super concentrated the rest of the week to make up for that mess up.

Well off I go- have a good one chickies!
Old 08-21-2006, 06:34 AM   #38  

Good Morning all. Just a quick check in. I'm down 1lb from Thursday! I'm very happy because I had a few somewhat bad days last week. Nothing horrible but not good either. I weighed myself yesterday for kicks & grins before going to a BBQ and that said I was up 3lbs! Amazing what a difference the morning makes.

Melissa - WTG on the exercise! You're so inspirational!

Zelma - I was looking in the Goal Photo Album for some inspiration and saw your post. Wow!!! You're incredible! I figure if other people have started near where I'm starting and have done it, then I can too.

toofatforu - I hope the cake freezing goes OK! We froze our top layer from our wedding cake and our anniversary is coming up soon. I've heard a lot of people say it's gross. Hopefully I properly wrapped it up!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:31 AM   #39  

good morningall and good for the weight losses! today is a new day and a new week so heres to eating better and doing exercise! decided to throw out left over cake ... mi had enough of it lol! still got the old headache but am determined to do my exercise and clean my house! Ammi i will check back later on your weight loss!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:47 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Kimberley -- Don't beat yourself up about eating the cheese... Make the situation a learning experience. When I eat things I don't want to, or more than I want to, I ask myself how I can NOT do it the next time... that has helped a LOT.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:01 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

STOP
PLEASE DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE
JOIN US ON 300+ AND READY TO TRY AGAIN #985
SEE YOU THERE
Closed Thread