Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #31  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

way to go melissa! Sorry I wasnt home when you sent your messages earlier. I'd be happy to fill you in on the biz I'll watch for you later on msn!
Old 07-24-2006, 04:48 PM   #32  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi ladies. I know I haven't been posting much but remember when I said I was making a committment to start getting out the house more, well, I have been living up to it. Not only does it help the day go by faster but I certainly don't feel nearly as depressed as I was. I'm finding myself also taking care of myself more as far as my appearance and not just throwing on whatever is lying around when I go somewhere.

But there is a bit of a dark spot in this. I hope to start working again come September when my daughter starts school for a full day. So my grandma called me to say that she would like to help me out and buy me a few things that I can interview and work in. She said that she would look in her Lane Bryant catalog and see what she finds. Then she says, and this is the clincher, "What size are you? You are definitely bigger than a 4x, what? A 6x?" I about died. Not that she is exaggerating but I can't believe I'm that big. I remember when I was a 2x. I finally got an AC for the living room, now it is just a matter of getting it installed so I can start exercising again. Oy vey!
Old 07-24-2006, 04:57 PM   #33  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Tracey,
I think your Grandma doesn't know unless you say differently. I've never been a 4x, even when I was 364 lbs (ok I did have 1 pair of size 30 jeans...) and I'm not much taller than you. If you are buying from a catalog (which can be tricky), you'd need to do sizing by your measurements rather than their arbitrary sizes. I went and looked up their size chart so you can tell for yourself:
http://www.lbcatalog.com/lbcatalog/h...tic_link_id=5&
(hopefully the link works)
Old 07-24-2006, 05:45 PM   #34  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Ammi - Congrats on hitting 50 pounds!!! What a fantastic birthday present.

Kayley- I saw your pics – looking good!!! Congrats on your loss as well.

Xena - I know exactly how you feel about not wanting to go to an event and see people who haven’t seen you at your current weight. I have not hooked back up with my best friend from high school for exactly this reason. It is a stupid reason, but somehow I can’t get past it. The funny thing is that if the tables were turned I would hate to think she was doing the same for that reason.

Tracey - I was getting into the 4x range at 350, but now am more in the 3x range. For example my workout pants which I got from JMS are 3x and they were tight to begin with, but are now getting loose. We are about the same height, although people can be built so differently so it is hard to say.

I know there is a lot more I missed, but once again I am posting at work when I should be working. Tonight I have a lot to do since we were away all weekend. I had a great time, although it wasn’t great food/exercise wise. I wanted to get a lot more walking in, but it was pouring all day on Saturday and then Sunday we ended up behind schedule. There was also a good bit of drinking (as one would expect when touring wineries ) and we came back with a bunch more bottles. I want to find a way to fit in a glass of wine with dinner a few times a week, which I don’t think will be very hard. I am finding myself eating less during the day and having more calories left over in the evening.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:49 PM   #35  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Thanks for the size chart nelie. I probably am bigger than a 4x. I have very big breasts so I naturally have to wear a larger size than someone else at my weight. Sometimes depending on the top I am 2 or three sizes larger than the bottom. Oh the joys of big boobs!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:13 PM   #36  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hiya Tracey (and everyone)

Newbie here .. know what you mean about the boobies ,.. good grief... good reason not to run .. hate to give myself black eyes lol .. Thanks for size chart from me too! Makes it easier to work out if I am in a different size thingy for US compared to NZ ... unfortunately .. Im not that much different rofl .. only say that cos in NZ I have never seen a size 2 4 6 in any of the women stores and I think OMG . .. if the smallest size in there is depressing ... what on earth do the smaller ones look like???

So here I start ... and I mean to go on ... I think instead of looking at the minimum of 90 pounds I plan to lose ... I will just focus on something that doesnt look like another whole person lol .. but definitely would be nice to be halfway there by Cmas
Old 07-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #37  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi Nightkatt, welcome to the group. I am pretty new here too!

Congrats Ammi on the 50!! Yay for you!!! and sounds like everyone else is doing really well this week also!

Me.. it's TOM this week for me, tomorrow is weigh-in day. I'll find out the grand total for the week then.

It's been really hot here where I am this week, and I see a lot of places have hot weather too so I'm not the only one. Does anyone else have a problem with major water retention when it gets hot? I thought I lost most of my water on week 1 but wow the last couple of days my feet were sooooo puffed up that one of them had a tinge of blue to it. It was pretty bad. AND, I have water pills and they did nothing!! Today though, a few degrees cooler so it's not nearly as bad.

~ Angie
Old 07-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #38  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

wow ... I never thought of TOM and the heat for making a difference in the weight loss or gain ... oh humm ...

Oh . .. heres a question .. do you find it easier to lose weight in the summer .. or in the winter??

In the summer time its easier for me cos the salad veges are all over the place and really cheap .. and Im too hot to eat much anyway lol . In the winter (which is what we have at the moment in NZ) all I want to do is eat those lovely comfort foods ... pasta meals and casseroles .. hot puddings and OHHHH the calories!!! rofl .. gawd Im bad he he he

Still ... its like my hunny says .. can look but not touch! Never thought I would refer that phrase to food tho rofl
Old 07-25-2006, 12:46 AM   #39  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Nightkatt and welcome! LOL another one with the ole boobie problem! I hear ya!!

And Tracey, I was a 4X blouse too when I was 298 pounds because of the boobies. Hang in there, though (well not literally LOL... no pun intended) as with losing 50 pounds I am down to a 1X yay! I still can't believe it when I put one on and it fits! There is hope LOL

I am getting the feeling I am far from the only one being affected by the hot weather. We do have some hot weather usually in the summers but hardly ever THIS hot, as it has gotten into the mid to upper 90s some days. I know for some of you that is not so hot but hey I live in Seattle for a REASON!!

Hope you all have a great week.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:53 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 378/363/150

Hi, Ladies!

It's time I came out of hiding! I've been lurking here for ages but I finally now have the gumption to actually get off my booty and get into gear! So because of that, I should probably come right out now.

I have lots to lose -- an overwhelming amount, to be exact -- but it's not stopping me from looking at short-term goals.

I'm not sure how you all are losing weight but I'm back on SBD and going to try my hand at that again. I've been successful in the past but once the emotional issues bubble up, I run for food again. Ah, wicked, wicked cravings and emotional eating.

I am 29 and mother to two. My son is 3 1/2 and my daughter is 20 months. I am lucky enough to be a work-at-home mom and do transcription from home (which doesn't help with my big booty!).

Anyway, I'm just starting and I plan on becoming a regular. I can't WAIT to get to know you all.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:19 AM   #41  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Sugarkube! Yah you may as well come on out and join the rest of us. So glad you are here!

I see you are in Oregon. I used to live in Portland and loved it... now am up north of you just a bit; but I came the long way, via living in the Philippines and Fort Lauderdale and then back to the good old PNW!

I agree with you about the mini goals.. it can be overwhelming to think of it all at once!

I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:40 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 378/363/150

Thank you, Misti! You're talking to a former Washingtonian so we are more neighbors than we know! I lived in Seattle when I was in high school (by way of Oregon, Idaho, Northern Cal, Southern Cal and then Seattle). We lived in Magnolia in Seattle. From Seattle it was to Guam (Dad was in the military) and then I went to Hawaii for college (GORGEOUS!) and then back to Seattle, then Bremerton to stay with the family again. Met DH, moved to Silverdale and then we moved down here and I've actually lived here for five years -- the longest of anyplace since I was 12.

So nice to see someone on my side of the coast!
Old 07-25-2006, 02:58 AM   #43  
~Chrissy~

S/C/G: 310/254/150

Height: 5'3

Stop! Do not post here. Instead, why don't you come join us at 300+ And Ready To Try again.. #963! See you there!
Closed Thread