Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 06:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Idril -- You know, it's funny, when I started posting and writing here, I did it for me, never thinking in a million years that anything I did could inspire anyone. And yet, I found all sorts of inspiration from so many people on this site. And you know, it's not only the amount of weight someone has lost that can be inspiring, but watching how people deal with life's events and learning from what they go through.

So I'm watching Nancy (NotTheCheat) recover from surgery and figure out how to get back in the exercise groove and that inspires me because I know that there is going to be some time in my life when I can't exercise for a while. I need to know this can be done.

Or Ammi. As you mentioned -- look at the change medication seems to have wrought! Sometimes what we're dealing with goes beyond what we can do and we need to be sure we have all the information...

Those are just 2 of the recent posters I happen to know something about. Inspiration is all around us!

Ammi -- I think the muffins only have 1 g of fat (I think Meg posted it). You might not like them -- I think I will like them better with sugar and not splenda (and actually will try brown sugar next time). It will add about 10 cals/muffin and I'm okay with that. And I didn't use any raisins, as hubby doesn't like them, but added extra blueberries (180 g fwiw)... Anyway, they are not really sweet muffins, but the fresh blueberries give them a good flavor!

Nelie -- I agree with Ammi and would love to see you post here more often! We do run on though and can be hard to keep up with!

Alison -- Yes, this place is really special. Sometimes I think it's a dream, but I pinch myself *ouch* and it's still here!
Old 07-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #17  
Releasing the inner hiker

Greetings all,

I've been documenting calories and exercise all this month and I've noticed that it has really helped me to focus on what needs done. However, upon looking at everything I've written, it is apparent that every 3 days or so, I fall off plan and eat much worse, mostly sugar. However, after that binge, I do not crave sugar for the next few days.

Believe it or not, this is a step in the right direction, as before I couldn't imagine going a day without sugar, let alone 2.

Has this happened to anyone else? I always laugh when I hear people say that you can treat yourself to desert occassionally, such as once a month. That seems like such a far off goal, though.

Just some rambling thoughts.

I perused the pics, and it is amazing the transformations that have been posted. On that note, I also voted for Zelma as Slimmer of the Year. What a wonderful, inspirational, woman.

Have a wonderful night.

Jen
Old 07-19-2006, 11:13 PM   #18  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

I BLINKED - AND I WAS A COUPLE THREADS BEHIND AGAIN!

Lotsa exercise today. Feeling much better now that the meds are kicking in and knocking out this bronchitis.

ZELMA - I voted for you, and as soon as DH is off his computer, I'm sure he will too... cuz I'll help 'im I thought you were truly the winner in a bunch or winners! Those folks have all made outstanding progress and changes in their lives. Every one of them is an inspiration, but you have still made the most profound change I think. Do you have a red cape and a shirt with a big "Z" for ZuperWoman on it? All I can say is: You better finish changing those other silly little appointments, cuz YOU are going to Sydney!

Ladies, I'm humbled as always by your successes and you efforts. Keep up the healthy living!

Miss KAYLEY? Just where have you gotten off to lately... besides all that jousting 'n stuff?
Old 07-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #19  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheCheat
Oh - I have voted for Zelma three times now. For me, I needed to close all of my browser windows and then open it fresh and it let me vote again.
LOL and your user ID is "NotTheCheat" Sorry I just couldn't resist.

I have voted for her several times too but mine just lets me keep on voting LOL

TheCheat

Yah I've been wondering where Kayley is off to also!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:57 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
LOL and your user ID is "NotTheCheat" Sorry I just couldn't resist.

I have voted for her several times too but mine just lets me keep on voting LOL

TheCheat

Yah I've been wondering where Kayley is off to also!
Mine is letting me do multiple votes too...but I won't say how many I've done, lol! Also, Kayley hasn't totally disappeared, I talked to her today, I'm sure she'll be posting again soon.

Melissa
Old 07-20-2006, 01:52 AM   #21  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Just quickly popping in to say thanks for all your honest opinions and advice. I asked for them and I shouldn't be giving any excuses.

Have a Nice Day/Night/Whatever it is in your Time Zone! lol.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:48 AM   #22  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

I hope everyone has a good night. We had very bad storms here and we were without power all night long. Have a god day to all
Old 07-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #23  

Sasssy -- Know we're just trying to be helpful and supportive! Don't go away!
Old 07-20-2006, 09:32 AM   #24  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Ammi - Hi I lurk here generally because it moves a bit quick for me. I may decide to pop in a bit more often here though.

I have a mini mental struggle currently. Basically I've lost 90 lbs and in 10 more lbs, I'll have lost 100 lbs. Not to say that I'm proud of my efforts over the past couple years but if someone told you that they lost 100 lbs, would you expect them to still be in the mid 200's? Would you expect them to still have nearly 100 lbs to go? I am much happier now than I was 90 lbs ago but also my loose skin is bothering me so that I am having a hard time sleeping as I can't get comfortable.

It isn't something that will stop me from continuing but I just wish I was a little closer to 199 than I am currently.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:02 AM   #25  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Misti - Is that cheating? Well, if it is then I guess I am The Cheat in that department.

Oh - I am so mad right now I have to vent a minute! I scheduled an appointment this afternoon at 5pm with an accountant about preparing my company's corporate tax returns. This firm is really near my home, not my office (I live about 25 miles from work - I have a FUN commute - NOT). So I figured I would leave early to see him and work out at home instead of going to the gym, since my gym is in my building. Well, he just called and cancelled on me and I didn't think of that possibility and didn't bring any workout clothes with me! So I could have gone to the gym, but now I can't, and I also can't go tomorrow since we are going away for the weekend. I better go get some tea and calm down.

I weighed in this morning and I am in the same place. But, now that I am back on plan I feel pretty confident that I will see a loss next week.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #26  

Nelie -- I didn't start off quite where you are, but I understand exactly what you mean. When I had lost 70 pounds and was so proud of myself I went shopping. I was kind of ... well devastated is a strong word, but you know... when I realized I still didn't fit into clothes at almost any store. And now I've lost nearly 100 pounds and am still obese? So, on the one hand, I'm thrilled at the weight loss, but still have a tendency to get depressed over how bad it still is.

I keep thinking, HOW DID I LET MYSELF GET THAT FAT???!!!!

So, after the sad and miserable side of me rants a bit, I sit myself down and have a more stern talking to, where I realize that while I AM still obese, I am in a much better place and much more healthy and headed in the right direction ... all better than I was a year ago.

I can't do anything to change what happened in the past. It's done. And part of this journey is coming to terms with that. But I can change the present and the future... and that is what I am doing. And every day it gets a little better. If I am going to succeed at this I have to let myself move past the "poor me" stage and see the "upside".

You've had amazing success, and at the end of the day, try to focus on that!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:45 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone...I haven't up and disappeared on you guys. I still come in and check up, I usually just don't have time for personals anymore, so I don't post. I thought I was going to be able to get back to personals, but it's just been hectic, and I've been watching too much SVU...lol. My weight loss has stalled since the beginning of the month, as you all know...and I'm a bit bummed about that. I'm doing everything right, and exercising like a mad woman. Although, I measured myself, and I've lost about 5 inches since the beginning of this month, so something's going right. Yesterday, I bought some tank tops...and I'd never worn one before. They don't look COMPLETELY horrible, but I'll stick to wearing them around the house for a while first.

I'm off to work now, but hopefully I'll be able to post more...I just can't let myself get behind again.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:03 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

I'm a mad woman packing and packing and not knowing when the move will happen for sure.

You are all doing so well. Stay op and blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 07-20-2006, 01:08 PM   #29  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn
Nelie -- I didn't start off quite where you are, but I understand exactly what you mean. When I had lost 70 pounds and was so proud of myself I went shopping. I was kind of ... well devastated is a strong word, but you know... when I realized I still didn't fit into clothes at almost any store. And now I've lost nearly 100 pounds and am still obese? So, on the one hand, I'm thrilled at the weight loss, but still have a tendency to get depressed over how bad it still is.

I keep thinking, HOW DID I LET MYSELF GET THAT FAT???!!!!

So, after the sad and miserable side of me rants a bit, I sit myself down and have a more stern talking to, where I realize that while I AM still obese, I am in a much better place and much more healthy and headed in the right direction ... all better than I was a year ago.

I can't do anything to change what happened in the past. It's done. And part of this journey is coming to terms with that. But I can change the present and the future... and that is what I am doing. And every day it gets a little better. If I am going to succeed at this I have to let myself move past the "poor me" stage and see the "upside".

You've had amazing success, and at the end of the day, try to focus on that!

As I often feel the same way Nelie does this was something I really needed to hear. Thank you !
Old 07-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #30  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Argh! It just got worse! I just got a call from my personal trainer and he wasn't able to see me this week because he had an appointment, and they just CANCELLED! That means I could have seen my trainer tonight, if I had my clothes! I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Nelie - I have a hard time sometimes reading other parts of this forum because of the amount of weight I have to lose. Depending on how far down I decide to go, I have to lose close to half or more of my starting weight. If I go down to 150, I will have lost more weight than many people who come here even weigh. Sometimes it really gets me when I see someone talking about how much they want to lose weight when they have 30 or 50 pounds to lose. Then I stop and think, and I wish I had had that reaction when I did only have 50 pounds to lose.

Who knows what determines our line in the sand - why does one person "click" at 200 pounds while it took me getting to 350? I wish I knew. What I do know is that one of my goals is to move that mark of what is ok down and down until once I get to maintenance I will feel the need to do something right away when things start to slip - not 20, 50 or 100 pounds later. Reading this it doesn't exactly address what you said, but I am going to leave it in anyway.
Closed Thread