Old 07-18-2006, 12:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Sweetbaby, well done and WELCOME I've seen you posting before though, I think. Well done on losing weight. Are you on W/W? Ammi is & she's doing really well.
xxxxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:00 PM   #17  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Default Old goals and Bride of Darth Vador

I just found this list of goals that I'd written last year when I was starting this journey. I always look at goals starting now, rather than looking back, so this is a different perspective for me...

2005 - Some of my important goals are:
I want to be able to wear my wedding ring again. - Yup, no problem anymore
To break the first 00 - Yup, did it late last year.
To fit into my wedding dress - Not quite, but getting close, just another 10-15 pounds.
To walk my treadmill for a full half hour without a heart attack - Yeah, I can do that... not that I HAVE lately
To ride my old horse again before it's too late - It's too late.
To be able to climb the mountain to see the Timpanogo caves in Utah -Haven't had the chance, but I'd try it now..
To pass my DOT physical in October without high blood pressure - YES! It was 128/76!
To look way better at holiday time, when I have to smile at my mean, hateful, skinny step-daughter -
- - - Well, there's always another holiday coming, and I probably have to go to her wedding next May ... It'll be like smiling at Darth Vador, only in white lace. HA - Bride of Vador - HAHA!!!
To break the second 00 - Definately still a goal! WYLLENN just drew the line in the sand... again!
To ride my new horse next spring, instead of watching someone else - OK, missed spring. How 'bout this fall instead?
To be able to wear dresses again, without fat ankles - Nope, not yet. Still got more than my share of ankles.
To go to job interviews with confidence, instead of feeling like I should be apologizing Nope, cuz I still got more than my share of ankles.

So there's my last year in retrospect. Not all in the win column, not all in the loss column. I guess I'm still a work in progress.
(Still chuckling over Darth Vador in a wedding veil -HAHAHA - you'd have to know her to appreciate this hahahahahah!)
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Sharon -- I think I definitely look more "normal" but in the side views you can still see that I have some losing to do to not be obese... I'm not complaining though...

Valerie -- That's a great list. I look at your responses and see a lot of progress! Commend yourself for that! You could have come back and said no to everything ,so YAY for you!!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #19  

NoLifeWithoutHorses - Bride of Vador - quite an image, lol.

Ammi - Oh, thank you! Glad you liked them!

wyllenn - Congrats on One-Derland! And your comparison pics are awesome!! Keep up the great work!

Afternoon Ladies - So, got my weigh-in done....I was -3!!! I'm sitting pretty at 335 now....down 21.5 pounds in my first 9 weeks. So, technically my average weekly weight loss is more than my goal - yay! Although I know my losses will slow...but I'm liking my consistency for now! Had to add 10 pounds onto my ticker - SMALL goals - but I already broke into the new 10 pounds, yay. My next mini goal is approaching - it's to lose 25 pounds - I think I should keep track of them. Anyways, still organizing pictures for selling, lol, lots of work! But hopefully I will still be able to get out and do SOMETHING today. Might go get a FEW new pictures - that I took yesterday - developed...maybe.
Have a good one everybody, and stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:14 PM   #20  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Valerie--the only one of any of your goals I question is the last one...what do your ankles have to do with a job interview? Perhaps I'm missing something, but do your interviewers inspect your ankles? Or is just a matter of self-confidence?

Ammi--Jeff and I are doing VERY well, thanks for asking For so long (especially since we moved in together), I was feeling jealous, paranoid, inadequate...I know you heard me blab about all that stuff for months Well, we had big blow-out argument a few months ago that ended well--cleared up my anxiety/jealousy/paranoia. However, I was still basically living my life around him, which was not healthy. I would whine for him to sit with me to watch tv instead of sitting at his computer, complain when he wouldn't go to the store with me, pout when he spent too much time doing basically anything without me. A couple months ago, it was like I woke up from a foggy daze. I decided to focus on me. I'm a big girl and extremely independent--I don't know how I got so caught up in worrying about him and not myself. Now, I do things for me. If he's on the computer, then I take the opportunity to watch a girly movie he wouldn't want to watch anyway. If he doesn't go to the store with me, so what--I'm fully capable of shopping by myself. I am focusing on me--on my health, my independence, and my future. I know I want to move back to the Va Beach area in a few years, but he's not sure he wants to live there. Well, after months of worrying that he won't want to move with me in the future, I decided to just live life, do what I can while I'm here in the DC area, and when the time comes, he can come with me or not--we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. For now, it's healthier living (foods/exercise), career advancement (I start my new job Monday), and saving money (we decided we will sign a 2-year lease on our apartment when our current one runs out in October so we don't have to worry about moving or increasing rent for at least another 2 years). Things are going fabulously--I think he even misses me being so needy because he does nice things for me more frequently and often voluntarily comes to watch movies with me instead of playing games on his computer. Oh, and he waits for me before going to bed even when he's tired--we always go to bed together

wyllenn--yeah, I definitely take all the groceries in one trip. It's quite a hike from the parking lot to our apartment...we have to walk to the building, through the entire parking garage (which costs $175 a month or something ridiculous, which is why we park out in the lot instead), through the "lower lobby," and over to the elevators, then all the way to the next-to-last apartment at the end of the hall. If I don't get everything in one trip, then something is staying behind until the next time I need to go somewhere in the car

sharon--I've made the same comparison...I could pop out 10 kids and still pay the same amount of rent, but if I get a cat, they'll charge me more! Insane, but it is normal around here. I have yet to find an apartment around here that does not charge extra rent for cats (or dogs, if allowed).

Misti--wow, salad without dressing...I couldn't do it Excellent job in being strong despite the temptations of the restaurant, though!

I'm still kickin' away--got my oil changed this morning, so my car is happy. I'm baking a cookie pizza (giant sugar cookie with cream cheese spread and fresh fruit on top) for my old co-workers whom I will visit tomorrow. I briefly considered making a small one for me and Jeff as a snack for tonight, then decided against it and used all the dough for the big one. These little itty bitty NSVs have got to start adding up soon
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:01 PM   #21  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I have been trying to get 5 minutes all day to come on and post. Work has been so busy. I'm an accountant not an IT person ! It just seems like everyone is having problems and they are all coming to me.

I am SO sore today after my first day back at the gym yesterday, but it feels good knowing it is from having done something. I have a check up with my gyn tonight (post-procedure check in), so I have to leave work a bit early to get there. I will have to skip the gym, but I can do my weight training stuff at home.

Ammi - I am using my jealously over how fabulously you are doing to spur me on (the only use for jealousy). You are just so right now.

Wyllen - your new pics look so great!!!

Crock - You too! You are looking fantastic.

Sharon
- Thanks for posting pics of your family and I loved seeing your pics on the horse. That is something I definitely want to do again someday. I did it once when I was young (in England in fact) and have always used my weight as an excuse not to try again.

Melissa - You can already see a difference in your pics! Way to go and keep clicking (both pics and with your lifestyle).

Angie - It is always great to put a face to a name (although I liked your cat pic too).

I am hoping to get some computer time tonight after I get home - we'll see.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #22  
delete

Sharon~
Yes I am on Weight Watchers.....I love it!!! I am following it pretty strictly and making sure I eat ALL of my daily points and fitting in alot of salads!!
I started my excercise this week!! So I hope to be losing more....

I have posted before...But I get ohh so lost in all the posts at times....I am slowly learning!!!

Thank you for all of your kinds words.
sweetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #23  
delete

Way to go Melissa!!! Whoo hoo girl!!! I am so very proud of you!!!
sweetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:02 PM   #24  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Good Evening Ladies!

Good Evening Ladies!

Ammi - Yes I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall at work when my manager gives it to the person he's on the warpath about! No I haven't tried the WATP DVD yet. It's not exactly that, it's kind of a "generic" one, but the same concept. But I want to try it out.........

Allison - I was thinking about trying WW. Is it really easy to stick too? I need something that is easy to do that I can stick too.

I Hope everybody has a great evening! We are going to our friends house tonight. I will be meeting the wife of our friend for the 1st time. A bit nervous about that. Hub has met her already and they have talked on the phone about her hubby's bday present. I get so nervous meeting new people, I'm always concerned how they will react when they see me. (being overweight and all) Especially since our friend has told us that his wife is very critical of people. So that makes me even more nervous. But I know its good to meet new people and so what if she doesn't like me, won't be the first person and definately won't be the last! lol. I just have an extremely hard time keeping women as friends, for some reason. I don't understand it, I don't think I'm that awful of a person, I mean I do have lots of guys as friends. I'm not a girly girl, so maybe that is why. I don't get into all the girly crap, but I do enjoy a few female things once in a while, just not to the extreme that some women take it. (hopes this makes sense and doesn't offend anybody?) I've just never been a "Girly girl". I used to fix my hair and do the make up thing in HS/early 20's, but that was about as "girly" as I got.

Anywho, I will let ya all know how it goes tonight, wish me luck!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #25  

Lilion just popp'n in! I'm alive, well, and still fat - but working on it! Had to make one little comment -

Wyllenn! Way to GO!!! Hope I see you someday soon in Onederland!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Valerie - Are you drinking plenty? I wonder if it's a myth I have heard that drinking water when it's hot helps to stop you bloating? Being unwell in this heat cant be very nice for you. Let's hope the meds will work soon.

I appreciated seeing your list of goals from a year ago. You must feel great knowing that you have achieved so many of them. I will have to sit down and make a list for myself.

Hmm, I gather your step daughter isn't the most wonderful one you could have hoped for Loved your darth vader comment, you have a fab sense of humour

Alison - well done on the 3.8 lbs lost, you are really doing brilliantly well. It's so wonderful to see the lbs coming off isn't it!

I will add you to my yahoo messenger, our time difference might not give us much opportunity to chat, but I will keep an eye out for you. My name on yahoo is ammi32.

That's a beautiful photo of you and your husband/BF

Heather - I love your new avatar photo, you look great in it, and orange really suits you! I went to see your progress pics and all I can say is WOW, you look so different than before, and as somebody else said on that forum, you can see your collar bone!!!

How did your baking go? I often think of making some healthy muffins or something, but I am at a stage where I think I still couldn't stop at one. Maybe it's something I will try after I reach 100 lbs lost

Annie - thanks for the congrats on my 5 lbs lost. I look forward to be giving you a big on a loss for you this week

By the way, I have watched two episodes of Ghost Whisperer now and both times I have been in tears. It's definitely one of those shows

Crock - did you get to have Austin come over today? Who got to be the Hulk if you did

Sharon - what salad do you eat? I only like the fattening stuff like coleslaw, potato salad, pasta salad etc. Though I will eat lettuce and cucumber in sandwiches. I found a few recipes for low fat coleslaw, but was shocked at the amount of ingredients in them. All types of vinegar, different mustards, loads of seeds, even yogurt!! There I was thinking it was just cabbage, carrot, onion and mayo

Mel - yoohoo where are you? Are you still rushed off your feet? Speaking of which, have you had chance to go to the docs about your heel yet?

Melissa - well done on another 3 lbs lost All that walking you are doing is definitely paying off

Jill - I am very pleased to hear that you and Jeff are doing so well. It's a shame that it had to come to a big argument first. But it cleared the air and you are happy now which makes me very pleased

Well done on yet another NSV with food, not making that smaller cookie pizza for you and Jeff to share. Making decisions like that is what is going to help you get those lbs off

Nancy - you have lost more weight than me, so definitely no need to be jealous

Sorry you are sore after your first day back at the gym. I bet it's a beautiful soreness though because you are able to work out again

Sassy - I know you asked Alison, but just so you know, I find WW the best diet there is. It's not regimented, you can eat whatever you want provided you stay within your point range, so you never feel like you are missing out on anything. I am never hungry, and so far I am losing weight well on WW. I definitely would recommend it!

I hope you have a good time at the friends house, and don't worry too much about meeting that woman for the first time. So what that you are overweight, you are still a friendly lovely person, and if that woman cares too much about what you look like rather than your personality, well I don't like her, and you probably won't either So it doesn't matter so much if she doesn't like you anyway

I used to have a friend who had a LOT of male friends, she just got on better with them than women. A lot of women hated her because they were jealous, and threatened at how well she got on with men, so maybe that's why you find you don't keep your female friends for too long. As I told my friend though, it's their loss!!

Lilion - glad that you popped in!

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:01 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Jill -- That's a great NSV about not baking the cookie!

Lilion -- WHEN you get to ONEDERLAND, I will be here to cheer you on!!

Ammi -- The muffins came out good. Hubby, surprisingly, liked them too! I know exactly what you mean about baking and not eating them all. That is one of the big reason I haven't baked for a long time. I don't think I'll be baking cookies any time soon, but so far so good with the muffins! I'm hoping to make some different ones later this week...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:28 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Crock: I'm with Wyllen, You are shrinking to tiny girl.

Val: Thanks for posting your goals. I love that you have accomplished so many of them. I think you are doing terrific. Feel better soon.

Vilandra: Wow. Congrats on -21.5

Jillybean: Welcome back. So good to see you back and see that you and Jeff are doing well.

Nancy: I am so sorry that I was MIA on Saturday so I forgot your Birthday. Happy Birthday to you my dear. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Sassy: I am shy to meet my hubby's friends too. I hope you have a wonderful time and that she is kind to you and becomes a good friend.

Lilion: I know you will be in onderland before too long! Nice to see you here .

Ammi: Glad that you are enjoying Ghost Whisperer. You have to watch the finally when it comes on now.

Blessings to you all and take care,
Annie
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:33 PM   #29  

Hello Ladies - Thank you to all of you who said such nice and encouraging things - it helps to hear that what I'm doing IS good...not just me thinking it's an okay attempt at weight loss. Went up to the mall with DH before his work to get a sub for lunch...he had about 6 minutes to each 1/2 his sandwich before running off to work a block from there, lol, so I finished my lunch there then went to get 14 more pics developed, lol! I looked over my pictures, and with my $2.25 for the bus in my wallet I starting walking out of the store....across the parking lot....down the road....through the trail....about 2 miles later arrived at home - on foot, 2 miles, 40 minutes non stop!! I never thought my legs would ever be my main mode of transportation!! As long as it's not going to "upper" (up that jumbo killer hill) in 90 degree weather, then I will walk it! I've walked home I think 3 of the last 4 mall trips! I put in my earbuds to my MP3 player and just DO IT! It seems like such a silly cliche, but I've seen so much more on foot than I ever knew was in my town! It's got some insane views...and since I've been walking everywhere to take my pictures I've just recently seen them. Well, DH works until late tonight, so I'm on my own organizing my pictures and all that. So, I need to go get started on that now, lol!
Have a good one everybody, and stay OP chickies!!!

Melissa
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:47 PM   #30  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

sassy--I sooooo hear you on not being a girly girl. Whenever I ask for suggestions about how to reward myself for my progress without using food, I get examples like get a manicure, get highlights, get a pedicure, have a spa day, take a nice bubble bath, buy some new makeup, etc., but I just don't get into that stuff. I wear makeup maybe 5 times a year. I refuse to do any sort of coloring on my hair because I know I won't keep up with it I guess I'm weird, but that sort of stuff just makes me feel kinda fake instead of nice.

Lilion--hello!

dogpal--it's good to be back (although I'm still having trouble keeping up with the threads changing every 30ish posts, so I'll probably disappear again once I go back to work full time next week and can no longer keep up ).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote