Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 03:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#958

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 07-17-2006, 03:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Ammi, well how has the weigh-in gone??????!!!!! Brilliant, I'm sure.Steve has black hair but as a kid he was white blonde until he was twelve then it got dark really fast, weird, eh?xxx
Abbeycat, well Siamese are supposed to be clever and a bit naughty! But I bet their pretty little faces & miaws make up for it, lol!xxx
Wow, Valerie, me an inspiration???? I only got as far as trotting & weaving in & out of poles, no cantering or galloping & jumping. I really hope Gab behaves and you can get him backed. What bit did you use? An old schoolfriend used that one where it doesn't go in their mouth (it puts pressure on the nostrils I think, it's supposed to be kinder than ordinary bits, even snaffles); I forgot the name; for one of her horses who wouldn't take any kind of mouth bit.xxx
Vilandra, you can see a difference in the pics!!xxx
Princess, great to see you are still around, albeit very busy.xxx
Rks- cake-the Devil's food, lol. Only one piece though, it's not the end of the world! Get back on plan, I bet it won't affect your weight-loss that much.xxx
Gotta take Gareth to school now.
xxsharon
Old 07-17-2006, 03:55 AM   #3  

Good Morning All,

It's another beautiful day here, and I am looking forward to taking a walk outside in the sunshine a bit later today. Daren and I have to go to Caleigh's school to see her teachers about a problem she is having. Not a nice reason to need to go out, but I am going to enjoy the walk.

I had my WI this morning and I am down another 5 lbs Just two more lbs and I will meet my second mini goal

Patti - thanks for your confidence in my WI results, I am sure all your good vibes must be working for me So this is your last day for a while, will you be gone a full week or be home on the weekend?

Brenda - that jewellery you make sounds really gorgeous and I hope you really do plan to take some photos so we can see what you have made? Have you ever thought of selling it on Ebay?

Valerie - well done on being inspired by Sharon and pushing yourself to go work with your horse. Your sense of achievement was so prominent in your post, it's brilliant. Just a shame that you felt so worn out and sick afterwards. Good luck at the doctors today

Angie - I don't know whether to that your hubby has such a great job and that he is lucky enough to be near Hawaii now, or commiserate because you must miss him, and of course because you must be worried with him being in the forces at a time when there is so much fighting going on in the world

about your kitties being able to work the water dispenser I have seen something similar to that on You've Been Framed. I love cats, they are soooo clever!

Luan - good to see you. I hope you had a wonderful vacation and that it gave you the much needed rest from work.

Good luck when you next weigh, and don't be disheartened if you are right and you are starting from ground zero again. As long as you keep on trying that's the main thing, just think for every lb you may gain to take you towards your original weight, at least that's not a lb more than when you started Next time you lose you are going to keep it off I am sure

Sharon - you just posted before me and now as I write this I think you are taking Gareth to school. Well when you get back and are reading this post you will see that yes my WI did go well I still hate getting on those scales and worry so much about what I will see. I wonder if I will ever lose that feeling?

Well I need to go get ready for the meeting now. Take care all and I will be back later.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-17-2006, 04:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Ammi, WOOHOO!!!! WOW you are doing so well, it's hard to believe how much you struggled a few months ago, something definately clicked this time!!!!!
xxxsharon
Old 07-17-2006, 05:46 AM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Ladies.

Feeling okay today. Just really tired. I'm glad this was my "Friday" Now I'm off for 3 days!

Work is taking its toll on me.............Just a lot of drama again........I know there is drama at every workplace but I'm just glad I'm off for a few days! lol.

Will come back in later on today after I've gotten some sleep and respond to posts.

I hope you all are doing well!
Old 07-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #6  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Just a quick post before I get ready for work.

Way to go Ammi on another 5 pounds down! You're going to have to share your secret with the rest of us. Like Sharon said, something has definitely clicked with you this time!!!

Angie - Your cat story made me laugh. Cats sure are pesky little critters but you have to love them. My cat, Abby, is the first cat I've ever had. It took me alot of getting used to all the things a cat will get into (and onto) that a dog won't.

I was up early this morning to get a walk in before it got unbearably hot. We have been over 100 degrees and will be this week as well. It was 82 when I went on my walk at 5:30 this morning. I HATE summer in Texas!!!!!

It's going to be a busy busy week at work again this week. Quarter end and all. The life of an accountant is driven by close cycles and reporting deadlines.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-17-2006, 08:00 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone. Hope you all have a special day!

I admit I am having a hard time with its being Monday already. We are going to lunch today for someone's birthday, and that's always harder than just eating my stuff from home.

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there... keep up the good work!
Old 07-17-2006, 08:15 AM   #8  

Ammi what a great loss you are doing so wonderful!my sister will be here this afternoon and we will go to her house tuesday and i will be back friday evening. keep up the great work while i am gone!
Old 07-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #9  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

WOW AMMI!!!!!

You go girlie!!!! We are all so very happy for you~~

Brenda
Old 07-17-2006, 09:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- You are just FLYING!!!!!!! Can you believe you've lost ALMOST 50 POUNDS??!???!!!

I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 10:01 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chickies!

I'll join the rest in a major WAY TO GO, AMMI cheer Like Sharon said, it's hard to remember you having struggled just a few months ago because you're certainly cruisin' now!

PPP--glad to see you, even if just for a drive-by posting!

Misti--restaurants are the one thing I have yet to conquer. It's so tempting for me when feeling lazy to just say, hey, I don't feel like cooking, so let's go out. It happens a LOT on the weekends. This past weekend, we were at Uno's on Friday, Silver Diner on Saturday, and stopped for ice cream at DQ on Sunday (at Jeff's request) But all hope is not lost...I guess I've made healthy enough choices for what I did eat at home to balance it out because according to my home scale, I'm down 2 pounds from Thursday

Xena--I hear you on the heat! It's usually only in the mid-upper 80s here lately, but the heat index is over 100 because of the humidity...ugh, it feels like I've taken another shower even when I justwalk out to my car, let alone try to exercise

Sassy--I soooo agree about workplace drama! I am taking all of this week off between jobs (I start a new one on Monday) just to mentally recoup and prepare for a whole new set of petty issues

Rks--one slice of cake won't kill ya...as long as it's smaller than the amount you would have had before, then you're still making progress!

Well, I'm about to begin my first day of being home alone all day. I think today will be shopping day, and tomorrow will be my car day--I need an oil change, tire rotation, and major wash inside and out. Today, I'll go bum around a few stores looking for maybe a few new clothing items for the new job, definitely some new bras, and then stop at the grocery store for a few things I forgot to pick up during my big weekly shopping. Even if it's just shopping, it's got to be better to be up and walking around a bit than to be on my butt waching tv all day, right?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

AMMI~~ CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 5 LB LOSS

As for me, My dog (Kado) had her pups on the 12th of July, she went up under the house to do so, and Where she went I was told that know one could get to , that I would just have to wait it out till she brought the pups out in a few weeks, Well I just couldnt handle that! so Yesterday, I started up under the house, and I made it all the way and brought out the pups she had 6 pups,, yes,, 6 pups, the funny thing about it is, she helped me along, she would nudge the puppies, and she carried two out.. I thought it was pretty neat, she had tried to get me to go with her several time under the house, she would keep coming and getting me and such... But I am a grandma***** I guess...lol..

We have been moving the Pavilion and the Office at Amos Run Hunting Club, for those I email I will make sure to email you some pics of our big move.. pretty neat pics.. Food has been as well as can be expected, I did drink some beer this weekend,, but today is WATER,, I will be drinking it like I stole it...LOL... Take Care everyone and Sorry I am not catching up all too well.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #13  
South Beach Life Style

OH,, I did not get to weigh in on Sunday, as we were busy with Amos Run,, so I will check it Next sunday...

By the way ,, getting up under the house like I did, and how I had to move to get there,, That is a NSV for me!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #14  

Hi All,

Sharon said in her post to me that something must have clicked this time around with my diet because this time I am losing so well whereas not so long back I was really struggling. I think what clicked is the fact that I got to a weight where I was being disabled. I could hardly walk without pain, I couldn't put my shoes and socks on, had to struggle to get my trousers on etc, I was just about out growing the bath, I could hardly turn in bed. My health was really really suffering. It scared me, and that's why I have been so motivated to get the weight off. I never want to be disabled by my weight again. In January when I tried to diet I was on the wrong depression meds, it turns out they made me worse if anything. I literally just got out of bed to eat, to occasionally half heartedly exercise, and the whole time I couldn't wait to be back in bed again. Now I am on the right meds some days I don't get enough sleep So being in the right frame of mind, and being active again I think is my key to dieting success. That of course and all you wonderful people here. I couldn't do this without you all Thanks to all who congratulated me on my loss, onwards and downwards now

Sassy - sorry to hear that drama in work is getting you down and I hope that whatever it is will be resolved so that everything is calme again. I also hope that you got a good sleep!

Xena - I haven't got a diet secret, I wish I did because I would certainly share it with you all. I am not confident at all with this diet, I still cringe every time I get on the scales. All I know is that I have to keep on going, I am so FED UP of being fat, I want to be normal. I want to shop in normal clothes shops, I want to go on rides, heck, I'd even ride a horse if the opportunity arose

Good for you for getting your walk in early despite the heat. It's really hot here again. In fact Caleigh's sport day is cancelled tomorrow because too many kids will get poorly sitting out in the hot sun all day. Normally sports days get cancelled because of the rain, so it makes a big change to have it cancelled because it's too hot

Misti - you are doing so well with your diet and I am definite that you won't over indulge too much when you go out tomorrow. You don't want to undo all the good work you have done. If you keep on being tempted then take out an old bra to remind yourself about one of the reasons you want to keep the weight off

Patti - I will keep up the good work if you promise to try to still make healthy food choices whie you are away. Don't deprive yourself, just be careful of the quantity you eat. Have fun with your sister

Brenda - you have lost an amazing 70 lbs, when I have lost that much or maybe even 100 lbs then I will feel really proud of myself

Heather - no I can't believe I have nearly lost 50 lbs. I just don't know where it's gone from. It's funny because you know when you weigh the first time after dieting and you normally lose a nice amount but then have to put it down to water weight? Well even as the lbs add up and I have now lost 48 lbs, I still say to myself it's just water weight. I know it can't be, but I just can see where I have lost 48 lbs from! How did your WI go, is it official now that you are in Onderland?

Jill - you are so right that it's much better for you to just look around the shops instead of sitting on your butt at home. Any and all activity is brilliant when it comes to losing weight. I am sure my staying out of bed since changing my meds is helping me a LOT.

Crock - oh that is such a lovely story about how you went to get the pups from under the house and how the mommy was actually helping the kitties get out. I hope you are going to take some photos of the new arrival. I am glad I don't live closer to you in this instance because I am sure I would want to buy one from you Oh and yes, definitely a NSV getting under the house like that

Thanks for all the smilies, I love them

I wouldn't worry about the beer you drunk over the weekend, I bet you will have worked it all off with helping out with the move. I am looking forward to seeing the pics you mentioned

Ok gotta go exercise now, but I'll be back

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #15  
Registered loser... :)

S/C/G: 420/397.4/375

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Default Go, Ammi!

Wow, Ammi - I can't believe you've lost nearly 50 pounds already! That's just amazing! Congrats!!!

I'll try not to be too jealous !

Just kidding... you so deserve it!
Closed Thread