Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 07:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#951

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:41 AM   #2  

well no weight loss or weight gain to report this morning. guess i will just have to try to move around a little more!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

ACK!!! Caught by the thread change AGAIN!!!!!!

I'm reposting what I wrote!
----------------------------------------------------------------

melissa -- 1131 calories does sound like a lot to burn swimming. Many of these calculators are way off -- especially when it comes to exercise that can really vary in intensity. Nonetheless, sounds like you're working in the exercise! WTG!!!

idril -- Sounds like a good night with a friend and back OP today!!

Annie -- Thanks for your good wishes. I'm starting to wonder if one of the culprits is my period. I am normally not affected with cravings (and feel lucky for that!), but even though I am on the pill, TOM came one week early. Of course, I always thought the cravings were supposed to come BEFORE and not DURING... oh well, we'll see. I think if I weren't SO CLOSE to One-derland I might have caved.

Misti - -What a cool idea for a party!!! And fruit and veggies! very neat!

Mary -- "If I bite it I write it!" I love that!!! Back to basics sounds like the way to go! You KNOW you can do this!

I'm hoping today is a better day... I've got some plans for getting in the exercise, which seems to becoming more and more a key to my success. I'm getting to the point where in order to maintain a calorie deficit of 500 calories a day (to lose a pound a week), exercise has to figure into the equation... Just another reason to do it, I guess!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:04 AM   #4  

Hello All,

Hope everybody is having a good day. I am having a quiet one, just spending time online then later I will exercise. I need days like this after days like yesterday. I look forward to when I can have a full day out and not have to have the next day to recover!

Patti - I am sorry you didn't see a loss this week, though no loss is much better than a gain. You are still safely in Twotown, and you must remember how great it felt to get there rather than focusing on not seeing a loss this week. Seems to me that the fat fairy might need another 'talking to'!!

Silentarctic - Special K Vanilla sounds delicious. We don't have it over here, not yet anyway.

Annie - sorry to hear about your mouth problem. I hope that a wonderful weigh in today will take your mind off all that How did you do?

Heather - isn't it odd how you had the urge to binge, and now you just don't feel like doing it anymore, exercising and watching what you eat that is? It's like you are so close to being in Onderland and for some reason your mind is trying to sabotage you. I am so glad you are staying strong though and are sticking at it

Sorry you got caught out when I started another thread. I wish there was a way of knowing when somebody else is writing at the same time you are!

Nancy - so sorry to hear that you are having more pain now. Surely that isn't normal. Do you think you need to go see the doctor again??

Sorry too that you have seen a gain on the scales, I hope it wasn't much, and as you are feeling all bloated, chances are it's just water weight. Don't worry too much about it, you have to focus on getting totally better.

Rkrs - glad that my comments brightened your day I love your new exercise of dancing around the house. You said your kids think it's some new game, how old are they, if you don't mind me asking?

Kayley - I am sorry to hear that you are still at 280, but you know what, even though those scales aren't moving, I bet all the exercise you are doing is making the inches fall away. Have you measured yourself lately?

Oh yes, there was jousting at the show I went to see too, and a huge amount of audience participation. It was so much fun, I loved it. I know you will love the show you are going to see, and don't forget to shout as loud as you can when they ask you to

Excellent NSV, it's wonderful to get compliments isn't it

Melissa - I love your new hair cut, it really suits you!! Time to change your avatar photo I think

Brilliant NSV having that girl in Subway compliment your new hair cut. I think when we are losing weight and then get a new hair cut, or some new clothes we shine, and that's when we start getting the compliments

Hpnotq - sorry to hear that you have been feeling blah but kudos to you for keeping up the exercise when I am sure you haven't been feeling like it!

Idrill - a belated Happy Birthday to you It sounds like you had a wonderful day, and I love your attitude about what you ate on the day. I am in total agreement with you. We are making lifestyle changes, and there will be times when we want to treat ourselves. There is nothing wrong with that just as long as it doesn't turn into a month long treat You will be back OP by the time you read this post and back on track to losing that weight

Misti - that is fantastic that your co-workers threw a party for you to celebrate your 50 lbs lost, that is so wonderful. And even better that the party food was all healthy and no temptation to you. How great

Mary - I am really sorry that you saw a gain on the scales. I love your plan on getting back on track though and especially love point 4 'if I bite it I write it'. Keeping a journal was suggested to me by Sharon (voodoo) and it makes a huge difference to me. Not only do I get to see what I have eaten, but if I have made a meal then the next time I make it if I can't remember the points value I can look up the last time I had it, and there are the points! I am sure you have the motivation for your fresh start and when you weigh next you will be rewarded with a loss!

Crock - haven't heard from you in a while, hope you are ok, and that you enjoy the Powderpuff ride this weekend. It is this weekend isn't it??

Ok I better make a move, I have to go exercise now before I have my lunch. Take care all and have a good day.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-07-2006, 08:08 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am SO tired this morning and glad it is Friday LOL.

Tee hee I keep cracking up at people getting caught by the thread change.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- I am at least getting to the point where I think to look AFTER I post! Before I didn't look at all! Maybe some day I will see there are over 30 posts and start a new thread myself, but don't count on it!

And yes, you brought up an interesting point: am I trying to sabotage myself??? I HOPE not! But don't know. I do know that I'm unsure of exactly what lies ahead, but am SOOOOOO glad to have a bunch of other 3fc people who have been through this before. I don't remember if I got down to onederland in 1990 or not. If I did, I didn't get far! I think I really haven't been this thin since I was in college. So there's my whole adult life being obese... what's it like to NOT be obese??? I dunno... so maybe there is some fear. I have certainly wondered that. However, if so, I am going to do my darnedest to overcome it. Enough is enough!

Wow, little venting there, huh?

Good luck with your relaxing day, Ammi!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:54 AM   #7  

Ammi - Thanks for the compliment; I quite like my new haircut myself.
wyllenn - I'm not sure how off the calculators are, but I averaged my walking calories that I burned (which seems very normal/average) and the swimming only burned 1.5 times what walking did...*seems* okay....but I did swim for just under an hour and a half as well. BUT, the great thing is no matter what I *actually* burned I A) got tons of exercise in and B) didn't "eat" my exercise calories (I just eat the same amount everyday even if I exercise, or not) - so anything I truely burned is what I call "gravy"...an added bonus of sorts.

Morning Ladies! Not too much to report here....Going to the walk-in clinic (cause i don't have a scheduled appointment), I went 2.5-3 weeks ago about a painfully sore throat, I told the DR I thought it was tonsilitius again (since i had had it twice in a row 2 years before), but I got no call back afterwards (meaning the tests were okay)....but, I STILL have extreme pain!! I don't think having a super sore throat for 3.5 weeks total is normal - esp. when I don't have a cold at all!!! So I think it was just too early to show up on tests....maybe strep/tonsilitus or whatever it may be, will show up on tests now....then I get get medicine and get better!! Not sore from 2hrs of exercise yesterday - that's nice! That's the good thing about water fitness! Bought some GREAT fruits and veggies from a good outdoor market stand - I got cherries, raspberries, beans, and peas, YUM!! The cherries and beans were INSANELY good, lol...I hope the stand is still there on payday! I had a great dinner last night...3oz chicken breast (boiled it so it was SOOO moist!), 1 cup of my fresh green beans, and a baked potato....I hadn't had a baked potato in over a year and I had been craving one for MONTHS and kept forgetting to buy some, LOL! It was worth the wait, yummy! Anyways, not much to do here until 1pm...then I go to the clinic then meet up with DH there when he gets off work...gotta pick up a couple things at the store, then having lunch with DH....not too eventful. So, I'm off!
Have a good day all you chickies!!!

Melissa
Old 07-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #8  

Ammi i can live with no loss better than a gain anytime! i thini shall lose some over the weekend since i stay busy trying to pick up after my husband!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:43 AM   #9  

Hi,

I'm back I have done my exercise now and just had the most gorgous lunch of cheese, ham and cucumber, mmmmm, yummy!

Patti - ah yes our wonderful husbands sure do help us with out diets when it comes to running around after them I can see you burning off at least a lb

Heather - now come on, I don't think my ticker could take it if I saw I hadn't caused you to post on a finished thread or if you started a new one yourself Seriously, I am sorry that I seem to keep catching you out. Maybe I should PM you first and let you know I am about to do it

I think we may have hit the nail on the head with the sabotage thing. Like you said, your whole adult life you have been overweight (I hate that word obese). Now you are coming close to facing life at a 'normal' weight. I remember once hearing a woman who had lost weight say how she used to feel safe walking past men on a building site because they wouldn't make a peep. Now when she passes there are all the rude comments and wolf whistles!! She hates it, and it's just one of the things that she has realised has changed along with her weight. I think we all have our worries about what our lives will be like when we are out of our comfort zone. BUT that said, we are all going to find out, and you will find out first Heather. I know you won't let your new life be sabotaged

Melissa - I hope you will find out what is causing your sore throat. I am surprised you left it this long to go back. I hate sore throats, especially if it's like tonsilitis, OUCH. Good luck at the clinic, and I hope you will soon have meds to get you feeling better!

Have you started on the badges on Pogo yet? Last week was brilliant with the three personal challenges wasn't it! This week I am enjoying the poker, not a fan of Word Whomp

I just put myself in the mood to play some games online, so I shall toddle off now and catch you all later

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-07-2006, 10:07 AM   #10  

oh i see you like to play Pogo too. i dont get on there as much as i used to i am afraid. i am much more a video game player now. which sounds like a good thing to do since i did my exercise and got most of my supper cooked already!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:24 AM   #11  

Patti - what were your fave games on Pogo? If you ever fancy playing a game with me one day just look me up on there, I am ammiUK there as well. I can send you a free member pass if you are no longer a member too. That's if you can drag yourself off your video games lol.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

I am here,, All is going well on my end.. Not much changes with anything ... I will be Monday before I hear anything about the job ((fingers crossed)) I have been keeping busy ..

The powderpuff ride is Saturday, I will have pics of it.. I got Mandy and Austin last night, his boo boo is on the mend , he can still not get it wet, not be real rough.. ((that is hard for him)) Not HULK and spiderman playing,, All is going well in the eating dept as well.. Take Care Everyone
Old 07-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Kayleystar – just trying to stick to the don’t binge on junk food plan.

Viliandra (Melliss) Yeah for the haircut and the steps 

Hpnotq - hope you start feeling better soon.

Idril aka “Kissy” ;-) - a belated birthday wish! PS. My favorite songs on that CD so far are Kill (I know .. its on the charts how unorigional of me) and “A modern myth”

Memoe- for you and me, here is to beginning again in every moment, 

Wyllewin – exercise is the key… I think… eating right helps you maintain, exercise is what slowly pushes it down into the loss column, or when you slip up with the eating helps stave off the gain. I wish we had more gym access here, I love the gym quality elipticals, they can take my big self, and I feel like I can fly! . I’m going to buy one when I’m lighter but I can’t find any reasonably priced models that can handle my current weight heh 

AmmiUK- Well I’m sure you guys will its like a desert, but its not thatttt sugarful, as long as eaten in the correct portion size as part of balanced diet it’s a nice treat (it even has almond flakes in it!) I didn’t believe the commercials but then I finally bought some and was like… this is SO much better than Special K Redberry for a treat…

Misti – yes we need to wake up and get productive instead of being stuck in my headspace

----

Scale was kind today 301, ahhh water weight loss, a beautiful thing sometimes. Down a lil despite the granola bar binge last night (knocks head against desk... do not buy soft chewy sweet things ... do not buy soft chewy sweet things....)

It drives me to want to do more to make the numbers 'true'. I should get back to everything.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Just popping in before work. Expecting a phone call from Andrew, and then going to work out just a smidge before work. Need to get my salad ready for my lunch, too. So, just a few personals right now, and I'll catch you all TONIGHT. Have a great & OP day, ladies!

Idril - Well, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY from me!!! You went off plan, but you are okay with it. It's not like your birthday comes around all that much! lol. Glad you had a good one. Andrew likes 30 Seconds to Mars...and I love the song "Beautiful Lie".

Annie - Andrew always tells me I'm cute or beautiful, and I just always shrug him off...just more stuff I need to WORK ON!

Misti - That's so sweet! You must work with a great bunch of people!!!

Wyllenn - I've also read on here, that the closer you get to goal, the more you try and sabotage yourself (unknowingly). Because once you get to goal, it's just maintenance, which is a whole other thing to learn.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:47 AM   #15  

ammi that sounds fun i usually do either tumblebees or poppit or the slot machines. what all do you play?and yes it hard to tear myself away from my video games.. i was annoyed just having to finish up cooking and now i need to wash up some pots and pans. never a dull moment here if i did half the things i need to do i would lose alot more weight a week.

silentarmore fruits less popcorn!tic my main weakness is popcorn i gotta quit buying that stuff!!

i meant silentartic pardon my typing mistakes i will never be a secretary thats for sure

has anyone heard from zelma lately? i am kinda worried about her.
Closed Thread