Old 07-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Exclamation 8.5 Weeks & Still Melting Fast

I want to know why I didn't know about this food plan years ago!!

How does a self-proclaimed smarty-pants who has tried every diet under the sun, who has struggled with weight forever -- not to mention who was raised by a health-freak image conscious family -- NOT figure out the basic design of this food plan? How did I not figure this out on my own?

Regardless, I am working it now! I feel like I know one of the secrets of life!

All I know is that I am thrilled that this plan found its way to me because I am melting! I know you guys must be sick of me screaming it from this blog day after day -- but I really can't believe it.

I know that my weightloss isn't super obvious when others look at me. I know that most people in my life haven't even missed the 40 pounds I've shed in just 8.5 weeks. But they will start to notice soon, I am sure. I am waiting for the day when someone I haven't told sees me and makes mention -- like someone from my UPS store where I get my mail.

My husband's weightloss has been amazing, too! He's lost 45 pounds plus -- and his loss is wicked visible. He's the incredible shrinking man -- and it's really obvious. Every day he comes home from work swimming in his clothes. Last night, he proudly displayed the next hole on his belt that he had to create just to keep his pants up...because the second he removes it, his jeans fall off his hips like clown pants.

The wild thing is, he actually is starting to look even taller than he already did!

Yes, I'm sick this week -- and even though I'm not eating completely "perfect on plan" like pre-packaged soups (with low sodium), I'm still seeing the oil slicks and feeling my body melt. I weighed myself this morning and I've officially surpassed the 40 pound mark!

Some of the changes I've noticed may not seem like much to you guys, but to me they are huge. I just need to blog about them for future reference...

For instance:

1. My ankles are getting so small (for me) and I can really see the tendons in my feet. There is a distinct indent between my ankle and calf -- and I think I'm finally losing that "cankle" look!

2. When I make a fist, my knuckles seem sharper when I run my fingers across them.

3. My wedding & engagement rings click together when I shake my hand -- and the other day, I almost lost them in the pool when Nick and I were working out.

4. Regular bathroom stalls don't seem as small as they used to. I know that's kind of silly to say, but to me, they seem roomier all of the sudden. I noticed this while on the road trip while having to stop in numerous rest-stops, fast food joints, and gas stations. I have a lot more freedom of movement in there -- maybe too much information, but it's something I thought was cool.

5. Every single pair of pants I own is baggy. Including the ones I bought in the next size down a few weeks ago. This weekend, I want to go try on clothes -- not buy anything yet -- just to get a sense of what size I really am right now.

6. The scale doesn't creak or make any noises at all when I step on it anymore! PLUS, I am well-below the "maximum weight limit" on there now!

7. I'm noticing more stretch marks in new locations on my body -- but I honestly don't mind -- they are my battle scars and will tell my story.

8. I can now easily apply lotion to a few places I couldn't completely reach before -- and I can give myself a pedicure and paint my toenails with much less effort.

9. My shoulders are starting to take shape -- and my arms are beginning to shrink. My husband grabbed my forearms last night and remarked that they felt smaller. : )

10. My pressure on my CPAP machine has lowered automatically. Instead of being a steady 11 -- I've been 9.6 - 10.2 for over 2 weeks now.

So, that's the major update. I know that most of you don't care -- but this blog is important for me -- a historic memoire. I can't wait to read this blog a year from now and compare where I will be then to where I am today.

Love you all!
LeahTheGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305

Height: 5'7"

Default Well Done!

Leah, I think its fabulous that you have already lost a commendable 40 pounds. And it is the little things that count. They give you encouragement and the strength to continue on the right path. Congratulations!!! And hopefully in the near future I will be able to post the same as you have.
By the way, I am new here. What food plan is it that you are following?
mkstfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

Awesome job on the weight loss!!! I have the same question, what plan is it?
angiepants78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #4  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's wondering that
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:43 AM   #5  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Add me to the list. The plan sounds like it's working.. so what is your plan!!! Maybe we can incorporate some of your tips into our plans?
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:17 AM   #6  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

^5 ... WTG & Congrats to the DH as well!
It's a pretty awesome feeling when you start noticing those 'little changes' in your body, isn't it!

Now, like the other's ... I'd like to know what plan you're doing too!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:16 AM   #7  

Leah, that is an awesome weightloss. I just stumbled on this site and this thread today. I'm dying to know what plan it is that you're following.
GlendaTheGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:18 AM   #8  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hey Stacye!

I see your post here with your photos.. WOW you're lookin fan-friggin-tastic!!!! What a change in your photos!!
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote