Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 09:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default JULY Exercise Thread!

Hello all!

I just wanted to be sure that everyone -- new and old -- is aware that we have a very active exercise thread here and I encourage all of you to join us.

It's simple. We set a number of minutes we want to exercise each month. That can be any kind of exercise you like. Then we come and post our minutes to the group. It's a great way to be accountable -- I am not an exerciser by nature, and thought it was odd that I was the one who got this started, but, by jove, it's WORKING!!!

The other fun thing is that we also track the group's minutes each month, and are working on a goal to exercise 100,000 minutes this year. We are over 3/4 of the way there!!!!

So please feel free to join us!!!!!!! It's a great way to keep yourself accountable, and if you're just starting, feel free to just start with a few minutes!
Old 06-28-2006, 09:35 AM   #17  
BELIEVE!

Hello Chickies!!!

Greeting from your long lost buddy in PA. I have been lost lately, but have found my way back....wow, life has changed for me. I've been in touch with some of you, missed many of you and can't wait to meet the rest of you....for those that don't know me, here is a brief recap....
I am 36 years old, live in the Philly area with 3 doggies and now an 11 month old son!!! I have been married for my wonderful DH for 12 years. I have struggled with my weight ALL my life. In 2002-2003 I thought I finally made a life change. I found 3FC and all my wonderful friends here and I went from 328 down to 280 and was feeling great. I was so determined and then I let emotions, among other things rule my life....DH and I started invasive fertility treatments and I began to gain back, My mother died suddenly in 2/05 and I gained more, in 5/05 we made the decision to adopt and I continued to gain. In January of this year we brought our perfect little boy home from Guatemala and it was one of the best times of my life, but I physically felt horrible. I've struggled for the past 6 months adjusting to life as a new mother, added stress on the marriage and my poor physical shape. I still don't have a picture of me and my new son that I can bear to look at. This past week I finally stepped on the scale and nearly lost it! Not only did I gain what I worked so hard to lose, but gained more on top of that! How in the heck did that happen? Don't answer that...I know how it happened....lack of exercise and poor food choices! It just seemed to happen overnight.

I want to live a long and healthy life. I want more children and I want to be able to enjoy playing with my children and keep up with them. I want clothes to fit....I could go on and on and on...but I won't.

We are leaving on Friday for vacation. DH's family has not yet met the baby so we are driving to Ohio to visit for the week. I started to figure out what clothes to pack...none of my shorts from last summer fit. And all the big girl stores around here are already out of short and bringing in fall clothes. Ugh! Guess I'll be spending the week in capris and whatever I can find to fit.

Ok - there is my ramble for now. I WANT to do this, I HAVE to do this! Now I just have to figure out HOW to do it! I know getting back in here with support, encouragement and friendship is a good starting block!

I look forward to talking with you all and being a part of your journey!

BarbPA
Old 06-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 313/196.4/148

Height: 5/3.5

Karen,

I'm not sure that my experience quite parallels yours but about 16 years ago I went from 300 pounds to 137...I used a very expensive weightloss "clinic" (visit 3 times a week...supposed "counseling" etc provided...the problem is that for me the "fat" and the eating were covering up some very painful truths about my childhood and the way I viewed the world. Not only did the "professionals" miss that and help me deal with it during the 15 months I attended....they also missed that I had developed a body dismorphic disorder (still saw myself as the fattest person in the world even while I was wearing a
size 6). Towards the end of the experience I began binging and purging (something I had done from the time I was 5-12 and again about 10 years before that weight loss but wasn't doing during that particular program)

Needless to say not only did the weight go back on...but I could no longer hide from myself the painful things that the weight once kept hidden. Without going into details I'll just say that I had about 10 years of counseling including a hospitilization...while those experiences are never "gone" I would say that I have been "symptom" free for at least 6 years. I have dallied with weight loss during the past 16 years..including about a 60 pound loss last year...much of it gained back before I began this program 4 weeks ago.

I believe that I have no more hidden deamons...that I have changed the things within myself that need to be changed in order for me to allow the thin person inside to escape....but I don't know...I am very careful with this weight loss attempt and think that this forum is a help to me since people like you make me take a look and double check that I'm "OK"....

I haven't described it too well...and I suppose that there are people who have been obese for no particular "reason" other than eating more than their body needs...but for me "eating" was and is a very loaded subject...and I suspect most people who have battled obesity for a number of years) probably have things about their current or past life that need to be addressed. For me I had to have professional help to do that....many may be able to do it on their own.....

Sorry if this is totally away from what you were talking about....
Paula
Old 06-28-2006, 02:44 PM   #19  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Thank you Baby steps. I wouldn't want for the world to bring up bad memories. I do know that I had to face similar challenges and really believe that if we can get through them we become stonger. Just like you, I didn't know what was waiting for me when I lost the weight. I was supposed to be happy! As I had mentioned before, I was a member of OA, and even there, it never came up. I was basically broadsided. I now know that losing weight will not be a cure all as some believe. It is truely different for everyone.

Kudos to you!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:17 PM   #20  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all, I've been browsing just this thread (haven't gone back at all). I've been here before but decided to start over with a new handle. (I used to be Angela_aka_Alice.) Welcome back, Barb, and congrats on the baby!

I've had some health scares in the past year and I absolutely must commit to weight loss and exercise.

To reintroduce myself: I'm a 39-year-old English professor. Weight has pretty much always been an issue. I was 190 when I graduated from high school, at which time I was put on steroids for a couple of years (long story) during which time I gained about a hundred pounds. I've hovered around 290-310 pretty much since then, although about 6 years ago I got down to 247. Health issues: high blood pressure, diabetes, and now a circulatory disorder.

I've never been the greatest support group member--I tend to find the discussion boards pretty overwhelming. But I need to find ways to formalize my commitment, so putting it in writing here with you all may help.

So hello to all those I know and haven't yet met. Hope I'm here to stay this time.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:47 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 313/196.4/148

Height: 5/3.5

Karen.....first please know they aren't bad memories any more at all...mostly just something that I had to go through...and I hope to be aware enough now to handle it...like you, I was absolutly stunned...did not expect my final success at losing weight (something I had dreamed about all my life) to be so traumatic...now I go into it with eyes wide open. And it is good to know that I am not the only one.....so thanks for sharing.

Vortexx...welcome back...and good luck on this journey....I'm Paula (babysteps) have been on Medifast for 4 1/2 weeks and the weight isn't coming off quite as quickly as they "guarantee"...however, I'm 57, not quite a spring chicken any more and I have not been 100% complaint.....I just began exercising "seriously" two days ago (7 minutes walking yesterday, hilly terrain and 10 min today, flat ground...may not sound like much but I spent years doing nothing).....I have 3 grown sons (all in their 30s) who are each married and 2 wonderful grandsons, 8 & 6. I took a leave of absence from my job as a 2nd grade teacher 6 years ago to be with the little boys from Monday to Friday...hence the from Maine and Mass....my eldest son and his family live in Maine and I stay with them during the week and return home on weekends to Mass....my job here will be done within a year as they boys are now going into 1st and 3rd grades...but it has been a wonderful opportunity to really get to know these special boys better than a "grammy" usually gets too....I am a quilter, an avid reader, love to travel but don't get to nearly as often as I like...and spend far too long on the computer each day...

Paula
Old 06-28-2006, 08:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi Angela -- I'm also a professor in Illinois (I teach psychology tho), and I'm 40. Good to see you here and on the exercise thread! (it has really helped my accountability)
Old 06-28-2006, 08:47 PM   #23  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi Paula and Wyllen and thanks for the welcome.

I managed 30 minutes of very slow walking in the mall and actually recorded my food today, so I'm feeling like that's a good start.

Wyllen, I'm downstate but will be in Chicago week after next to do research at the Newberry. Any recommendations for healthy places to eat lunch in the Gold Coast?
Old 06-28-2006, 11:14 PM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

HI gals.... just a fly by post. I just got back from Missouri where my sister is in ICU and not doing well. I did good with my food while there... but as soon as I got home I ate whatever I wanted. How stupid is that. I have not figured out how many points. Hopefully I stayed within my allowed bonus points for the WEEK. And I have the entire holiday weekend still ahead of me.

My Bunco Bash went great. But my house is STILL a mess from it.
I could not sleep last night from the PAIN I was in. My legs are KILLING ME !!!
And I have to get my newsletter written. I am runnning out of time here.
I am starting to feel overwhelmed

Welcome back Barb... if you lost it once.. you can and WILL lose it again.

Okay... can't stay... like I said earlier... I am worn out and either need to go to bed or go to work on the newsletter. Just wanted to say hello
Old 06-28-2006, 11:57 PM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all!

I'm just checking in quickly and copy/pasting any posts that were made since I printed 3 threads out this morning to take with me to the theatre. I got through #70 and #71 and made my notes. Of course, the responses will be so out of date by the time I post them here that it will be ridiculous.. But I guess you'll know that I really read, eh?

Just need to say to Barb W: Welcome back, sweetie! You've been missed. I'm glad you decided to make an appearance and hope you'll stick around. As far as shorts, try Wally World. I was there today and they had a bunch of shorts and even some that were mixed in with the workout stuff. How far East in Ohio is DH's family. Toledo ish? We could meet if it wasn't horribly far.

And Angela: So glad to see you back. Now please stick around and don't get caught up with life so much that you go away again. It's GREAT to see you.

And 2cute: I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.

Everyone else, you'll just have to wait for the monster of a post that's working it's way to the boards. I'll be finishing up reading while my mom has her eye surgery tomorrow morning. I should probably have the afternoon free.....or sorta.

Love ya bunches!!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 02:36 AM   #26  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Sometimes I catch on way too slow. I read TOOCUTE saying TERRI made her laugh and BARBARA saying something about TERRI complaining that we talk about other stuff??? I closed the last thread as soon as TERRI SAID TO… and missed page three. But now I have to say I agree – this is a great list, and weight loss is certainly effected by ‘life.’ I certainly love coming here and finding out what everyone is up to, and I enjoy sharing things, too. Besides, how much could there POSSIBLY be to say if we limited (and bored) ourselves that way??

CHARLOTTE – STOP!!! NEVER, EVER clean when you can’t find your To Do List!!! What do you think happens? The list gets thrown away, never to be seen again! (That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!) ** As for locking the fridge, hey, whatever works!! I asked DH to keep after me about my exercise & diet… and he’s doing a h**l of a good job at it!  He ruined a raid on a peach stand this afternoon, but I’m supposed to be laying off the fruit for the time being.   Thanks so much for your kind remarks about my posts! *** Now, about the bride’s money purse… too bad I didn’t know of such a thing when I got married. Does she get to keep the $$$ or does she have to share the take with her new DH?

LILION!! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP UP on that Infernal Machine!!! Go get ‘em girl! … Today we drove by signs for both the Florida State Farmers Market and one in Georgia. I SO wish I’d been able to stop and shop, but the fridge is already full anyway.

Oooo, BABY STEPS – You QUILT, too? A woman of many talents! I’d love to start quilting someday. I sometimes doodle quilt patterns for fun, but I just don’t have time while I’m on this stupid truck. I even gave up my cross-stitching for the time being.

KAREN – Have you tried shredding the greens and adding a bit to salads? I like mine steamed or boiled… well, I don’t eat greens actually, but that’s what I do with spinach. I eat my vegetables without salt or butter normally, but I DO use some “butter spray” on my spinach. I like it, but you’re right – it’s a little strong/bitter. It’s better than lima beans… but ANYTHING’s better than lima beans!!! *** I guess to answer your question on change in my life, I’m getting a little stronger about having my own way. That sounds selfish, but I think I’ve always caved in to what people wanted from me. I still do – I’m a pleaser in many regards – but I’m finding the determination to try and get what I want out of life, instead of just scrambling for those around me and submitting to their will. For instance, you know how a man will just radiate disapproval at you to control your behavior. DH tried it today when I started listening to a new R&B album I had just bought. When radiation didn’t work he started b**ching that it sounded like Rap. (I don’t like Rap!) I told him it was very different and he clearly didn’t like it. I played it anyway. One of the things I HATED when we started driving together is that I can no longer listen to music or sing, because it would disturb his sleep. I miss music, and haven’t bought more than 3-4 CD’s in years. DH is 9 years older than I am – a huge mistake on my part. Music is only one of many things which separate us, but I’m going to start having my own way more often, and I think that’s a reflection of self-respect and survival, not necessarily selfishness. Basically, I know what things are important to me and give me joy in life, and I’m going to stop letting others, esp DH, stand in the way of those things. Did any of that ramble make sense?

THIN – This may sound weird, especially because this IS the 40’s plus thread, but when I picture you you’re like late college age – maybe 28-30. Then you went and mentioned your 30th wedding anniversary and I thought WOW! I hope dinner was wonderful!!

BARBARA – 2 ½ down for the week – HA! Never a dull moment!

Holy Moly, TERRI – Italian Buffet??? Sounds like a disaster that would take me a week to recover from! I hope you did O.K.!! *** Sounds like a good start on the walking, too. Must be nice to be mistress of all you survey, and have your ponies in sight. Watch where you step if you go behind the barn, K?

BARB-PA, Welcome back!!! Congrats on that sweet little boy! He must be the light of your life! I’m sorry you’ve been thru so much and gained that weight back – Been there! But I’ve never lost more than 20-25 pounds before this. 3FC and the great ladies here are a major reason for my success. I hope we can help you too, and I’m looking forward to watching your success. I can “hear” the determination in your post – there’s so much waiting for us when we improve our health!!! Now get a jump on it, Barb, cuz that baby boy will be up and walking any minute, and THEN think of the exercise you’ll get just trying to keep up with his speedy little self! 

VORTEX – Welcome back!!! I remember you from your previous handle. I know the threads move so fast and it’s a killer to keep up with them. Don’t feel like you have to keep up without missing anything – just keep in touch and let us know how you’re doing! You’ve got some serious health issues, and you aren’t alone. I’ve got the BP under control, but the threat of diabetes is seriously scaring me these days. I’ll have to get tested again. Anyway, if you want to start any kind of exercise program, I highly recommend the monthly exercise thread. We rarely do any replies, we just post our current exercise minutes for the day. It’s a place to be accountable without investing lots of time or having to keep up with everybody else’s posts.

As for my Promises, I’m doing really well on my eating. Had veggies with SB dressing and a little roasted turkey for dinner. The fridge is well stocked at the moment. Not so good in the exercise dept, but trying… on my way out for a quick walk right now as a matter of fact.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:18 AM   #27  
MTM

Good Morning my biddies!

Ahhhh--sun! Something that's been rare around here the past week or more. Hoping that bodes well for my dd--they're at the doctor's now for a full report of all his tests. I'm just about sick to my stomach with worry. DD promised to call me as soon as they get to the car. It's going to be a long couple hours.

Did pretty well yesterday with all this cookie baking! And, we've got people dropping cookies off here all day, so this will be a test!

Guess I'm going to do replies later--really right now I'm a total mess with this situation.

I'll try to post later--have a good day kids.

Charlotte
Old 06-29-2006, 08:32 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Unfortunately, I slept through exercise this morning. I had a terrible time waking up. Maybe because some dumba$$ dog woke me up a 4:30 to go outside. Does he have me trained or what?

The Italian Buffet was really good. I started with lots of salad and veggies which done up the Italian way, I just love. Then I had a not-loaded plate of roasted chicken, roasted carrots and two small slices of pizza. Okay, I didn't have to have the espresso ice cream but I did. I'll write it down in my journal and make changes elsewhere. I did pass on the chocolate cake, cannolis and apple crisp!

DH got my niece and nephew yesterday so that we could get stuff at the storage unit. They took the horse trailer and I came over after work. By the time I got there, they had loaded the trailer and took off. But the time I loaded my Escape and drove home, they had the trailer unloaded into the garage. They unloaded my Escape and we made one more trip. Which wouldn't be so bad except it is a long damn drive. However, all I have left at storage is my two really good saddles and two plastic containers of tack. I can pick that up on Friday when I go to a Sunday school social. I am thrilled to have that done - save the dollars and its one less thing to do. I am a bit horrified by the stuff in the garage and what the heck am I going to do with it all???

That pretty much killed our evening and eliminated my nightly walk with the dog. I will try again tonight.

The phone company called and our line has tested positive for DSL. I guess I will go ahead and spend the bucks and get it going. I hope I can use the wireless again.

BarbPA - Welcome back! I am so glad to see you back. Getting on that scale was the first step. Sorry that it was so unpleasant. But you know you can do this. Can you take Baby C out in a stroller to get in walking? We're here to cheer you on or give you a when needed!

Angela - Welcome back as well! Stick around this time!

2Cute - I'm very sorry to hear about your sister not doing well. She has been through so much. You too.

Valerie - Actually was I was concerned about when I walked behind the barn (which is the garage/barn outside the horse pen) was stepping on a big snake because I'm convinced I will see one back there by the woods one day.

I better get ready for work. to everyone else!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:34 AM   #29  
Hang In There

Hi Gang, well yesterday was very hard for my. It would have been my mothers birthday. They say all of the "firsts" are hard, and everytime I looked at the date, I wanted to cry I miss her so much. To think last year at this time(for her birthday) she was in WashingtonDC with my sister/nephew rurnning around sight seeing, then over the 4th of July holiday she was in South Padre with other sister/niece at the beach, then this year she is gone.

2Cute, keep us inforrmed on you sister. Thin(a college student???(sorry if I laugh) Hope you mothers surgery goes okay too.

BARB-PA so glad you came back to us. You have been missed. Hope things go well for you and that precious baby. I know your husbands family will fall in love with him too. Have a good trip!!!

Angela; Welcome back. You have been missed too.

Well that's all the time I have, don't want to be late to the FUN HOUSE!!
Old 06-29-2006, 11:03 AM   #30  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

Yesterday was a nice day! I called in sick to the office and stayed home with DH who called in too. We slept until 10 a.m., (well, except for letting the dogs out at 6:30 and then getting up at 7:30 to drag their crates into the hall so they'd shut the heck up and let us sleep!) We spent a rather lazy day at home and went to the new X-men movie I hadn't gotten to see yet. Yep! DH and I are comic fans on top of the medieval thing...a pair of more unapologetic nerds you'll never find. Plus, any chance to see Hugh Jackman with his shirt off is well worth the price!

As to my list of commitments I made a couple days ago...1) The house is looking better. DH and I have made some in-roads into the filth. Dishes are done and laundry well on it's way. So, that's progressing. 2) Work? Who, me work? Haven't written a single decision yet... . Running way behind on that. 3) Food. Yeah, food. Well, I made it to the Farmer's Market and bought a bunch of veggies...zucchini - since I haven't received Ruth's in the mail yet - and summer squash and tomatoes and cukes and green beans. I even cooked yesterday! It wasn't necessarily healthy, but it was homemade - I made this Iranian beef stew called Murag, from my Middle Eastern Cookbook. It tastes a lot like...well...beef stew. But it's a keeper recipe. Exercise remains elusive...the Infernal Machine remains untouched. But I said within the week, so I'll get there.

2Cute ~ So sorry to hear about your sister. Hope she improves quickly.

Thin ~ Hope your mom's surgery goes okay... What a nice anniversary you sound like you had!

Terri ~ Good job on the buffet! I'm the worst at monitoring the old intake at a buffet! When it's all you can eat, I eat all I can!

Charlotte ~ Continuing 's to you!

BarbPA ~ So glad to see you back! Don't worry, the scale is the first step! Now that you've taken command of the situation, things will get done! (And just where are the baby picutures???)

Votex ~ Angela with a new aka! Welcome back to you too! The new name must have a story with it...share!

Valerie ~ And where are your travels taking you today? Home I hope! You know, your remark about your hubby's age was a surprize to me...my parent's were 16 years apart in age and were very much compatible. But then I suppose there is a huge difference between that in the 1940's and the 2000's! My own DH is a metalhead! Yep, headbanger from way back! I tend toward New Age! But we agree on classic rock, so that's where the car radio stays.

Karen ~ On your question - Here comes the long, boring story of my road to 328 lbs - feel free to read no further!

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I have no eating disorders, no hidden traumas, no horrible childhood that I mended with food. I grew up in a loving and stable home with no major upheavals until my parent's health started to fail when I was in my late teens. (They were much older - 38 and 54 when I was born.) I suppose I am an "emotional eater", but not any more than any other woman. I think even skinny women mend a broken heart with a sad movie and a pint of Ben and Jerry's.

I just love to eat! I like how food tastes. I enjoy the social aspects of food. I don't understand people who "forget to eat". To me that's like forgetting to breathe! Only one time in my life was I too upset to eat...that was when I was 22 and my mother died. And my well-meaning aunts sat me down and fed me. But lots of folks love food and aren't fat.

The fact is, my mother was 300+ and she COOKED! Good old country cookin'. Fried chicken and biscuits and gravy and chicken-fried steak and pies and cakes and ... you get the idea. She cooked and we ATE! I was a chubby child and a chubby teen. I graduated HS at 190 lbs. (In 1981 that was a 18. In today's sizes it's no more than a 16 - even a 14 - since sizes have changed. Then I was "the fat girl" now that's what I'd like to weigh - how times have changed!)

So, I was 190 when I went to college and gained "the freshman 15". I dieted, did the usual - fasting three days a week, slim-fast stuff, veggies all the time. Never lasted. I joined exercise classes with my tubby friends...we would then skip them and go out to eat. I knew I was fat. I didn't really care. I NEVER really CARED! I never dated in high school, but in college I could get attention from guys. So I didn't worry about my weight and it kept going up. In law school, same thing! I'd stall out on the way up the scale for long periods of time, but eventually the weight would creep up another 10 lbs or so. I got out of law school and started working. Still a size 18 or 20. Still didn't have any trouble getting men. I have always had a very positive, if unrealistic and somewhat warped, self-image. I almost never looked in a mirror and saw a fat woman and if I did it bothered me for about 15 minutes. I still felt confident. I still felt sexy. In fact, I was a bit of a tramp! But thru it all I'd do WW or some other program, lose 40, gain it back, the usual cycle.

Then I met my first husband. Got married the first time at about 220 lbs. Promptly got pregnant and only gained 15 lbs with my son, but 20 after his birth in the two months I was home with him. All the time my marriage, which was a HUGE mistake, was falling apart. Gained a bit more. Got rid of the ex and again lost weight - 40+ lbs - was quite happy. Kept it off and was about 220 lbs again. Met my DH, the love of my life! He is also from a "fat" family. He has five sisters, they all have weight struggles, one of them is WAY over 300! He also loves to eat. So we ate! I had him. He thinks I'm sexy. I didn't worry about the gaining. I got married to him at about 260-270 I'd say...I know my wedding dress is way too big now. When I outgrew my clothes I bought more. When my blood pressure went up I took drugs to get it down. And still we ate! I got fat simply due to apathy! When I hit 300 it REALLY bothered me - for about a day! I hit 314 and plateaued...I joked that a human being could only get so fat and I'd hit my maximum capacity.

To be honest, the weight did bother me. I didn't feel well. I felt fat. I didn't feel pretty. I didn't feel sexy. I worried that DH would leave me because I was unattractive. We'd wanted to have another child and my weight and health and BP precluded that. I worried he'd find a younger, prettier woman who would give him a bunch of kids that I know he wanted. He, being the most wonderful man in the entire world, assured me that I was all he'd ever want. Then one day I went to the doctor and I wasn't 314 - I was 328! That was it! I don't know why the final 14 was so traumatic when the prior 138 that creeped on over the past 22 years hadn't bothered me a bit, but it was. DH went to the Dr. the next day and he was 285. We just looked at each other and said "Enough!"

So, that was a long tale for my point that I don't think I deal with anything differently now. The difference is that I CARE now. I'm not inattentive. I'm not apathetic. I used to never even consider that the two sausage breakfast burritos and the cheese covered fries were bad for me or that they'd make me fatter. I never worried that sitting in front of the TV all day and night would make my hips wider. I didn't care that too much cholesterol was a bad thing - even though BOTH of my parents died of heart disease! Now I do. Now I care and now I think before I eat! Even when I'm being "bad", it isn't just an automatic "shovel it in" type of thing. And THAT'S how my life has changed.

Sorry if this was too long for everyone. You were warned!

And now, I have to bid you all a fond farewell for now - and get my butt back to work!

Last edited by Lilion; 06-29-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Closed Thread