Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 07:45 PM   #1  
South Beach Life Style

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again # 934

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

So far my Birthday.. day, has been,,,,well... not to well... Austin woke up this morning and I swear with a gleam in his eye to be a rebel.. I have been at wits end with him today,, I never have a problem with him, I dont believe in sturn discapline,, )(My fathers temperment was just a little too much growing up!) and I dont believe in yelling at a child. but I have raised my voice a dozen times today.. I have had well wishes from my 3fc family and THANKS for that,, But Kim and Ted decided to take all day to come home, I have yet to see them, and I wonder why they did not try to come home earlier,, it was 4 pm before she even called to wish me a Happy birthday, so who knows what the **** they are thinking, perhaps I take my Birthday a little to seriously. all I expect for my Birthday is the ones that I love and love me just take an extra step that day,, That is what I do.. Maybe I am being childish, BUT that is what I expect........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 06-18-2006, 09:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Redhotmamma & Stephanie: Welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know both of you ladies better.

Kayley: Congrats on the new job! I hope that you love it so much.

Jniniffer: Congrats on your 30 pounds and 16.5 inches lost!

Val: Hiya girl!

Misti: Congrats on -3 pounds

Nancy: You are so close to the two's. Good luck on your procedure tomorrow. I will be praying for you!

Ammi, Nancy Kayley and Crock: Thanks a bunch for the birthday wishes. I got exactly what I was hoping for which is my parents to come visit and they did. For a bonus, I got A new fishing pole and lots of fishing tackle and my license for this year! Mostly it was so much fun.

Brandnewme and Jillybean: Welcome back to two of our favorite ladies! You are so missed when you are not posting.

Patti: Congrats on your -2 pounds!

Ammi: Good luck tomorrow with your weigh in I am looking forward to seeing you in the 2's!

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 06-18-2006, 10:17 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

"Sassy - How are you doing with the weight loss, I see you don't have a middle figure on your weight stats? It will be great to hear how much you have lost."

Ammi - No I haven't gotten weighed yet. I meant to buy a scale, just haven't gotten to it yet! lol. I am currently on a WL "competition" for fun in one of my other threads here with another girl. We are just seeing who can lose the most in a week, just for fun and to keep us motivated! How are you??

I hope you all are doing well!
Old 06-18-2006, 10:52 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Arrrgh I was actually going to post my progress pictures but no matter WHAT I do Photobucket will NOT put them in the order I want them in. I have tried renaming them -- deleting and reposting -- but it STILL puts them in backwards order. Any suggestions?

Oh never mind... I just wanted the "skinny" one first. But I will go post the link as is.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #6  
~Believe~

can't help ya there hon, I've never used photobucket before. have you tried using Yahoo Photos?
Old 06-18-2006, 11:11 PM   #7  

Thanks... I just gave up and tried to post it the way it is... not sure if it worked or not. When I try posting them directly to 3FC that does not work.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:53 PM   #8  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Happy Sunday evening ladies!! Hope everyone has had a great weekend. One more day of work, my boss comes back….and of course that means a day off…finally! We got some rain here last night, and it cleared off some of the dirt on the truck and it revealed more damage. There are some long scratches on our hood and yet another crack in the windshield.

Nancy-Glad you were able to avoid that muffler. I imagine that would have done a bit more damage had it hit your car….or your windshield. Seems to me I’m not going to get sick cause even though I started feeling like I was getting it, I felt much better the next day. Also it’s starting to seem like my hubby’s feeling a little better. We’re supposed to celebrate our anniversary on Tuesday because he was having jaw problems and wouldn’t have enjoyed dinner.

Jill-That’s great news that you’re headed down again. Whatever you’re doing, keep it up cause it’s working for you.

Crock-Glad you’re starting to feel better. Happy birthday to you!!

Ammi-I wasn’t in the truck at the time, but I was on the phone with my hubby (and my brother was driving). I felt so bad for my brother cause I imagine he blamed himself a little since he was driving. Both of them were shaken up but are just fine. So far I feel different about having a different goal. It sorta takes the pressure off…if that makes any sense at all. Sounds like you had a great day at the beach today!

Tracey-Hello….good to see you. Chin up…and smile.

Annie-Happy Birthday!

And to everyone else I may have missed-Congrats if you’ve lost. Here’s to a great week!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All,

Well excellent news to report. Not only did I lose the 1 little lb that took me into the 200s I also lost another 5 besides Yep that makes it a 6 lb loss for last week taking me to 294 lbs I am one very very happy lady

Crock - I am really sorry that Austin played up on your birthday and that your friends took advantage by not even trying to get back early on the day. I don't think you expect too much, nor are you being childish for wanting to be made to feel special on your birthday. I hope that when Kim and Ted did get back they brought a lovely gift home for you!

How is the health now, is that bronchitis on it's way out the door?

Annie - sounds like you are all ready now for a summer of fishing, what great gifts to have got, especially the license. I foresee a lot of fish suppers this year for you and your hubby

Sassy - I am doing great thanks. Are you going to buy scales this week? I figure you are so that you will know how much weight you have lost in a week to be in that competition with that other girl on 3FC you mentioned. I don't know if I could compete with anybody even for fun. I would feel guilty if I lost one week and she didn't, and I would feel rotten if she lost one week and I didn't, happy for her, but rotten for me I am glad you aren't as silly as me though and hope the fun comp will help both of you keep motivated to lose.

Misti - what can I say except WOW WOW and WOW. What a huge difference your weight loss has made to you. I couldn't believe how fabulous you look now compared to your before picture. And I hope you don't mind me saying so, but boy oh boy you had a huge chest, how on earth did you find bras to fit you? Well done on losing so much weight and looking so fabulous. You should be so proud of yourself.

As for Photobucket, if you wanted to put the photos on 3FC rather than the links so you could have put them in order, you just copy the IMG link and paste it directly into your post. If you did that and it still didn't work then, sorry, I don't know what's up.

Hpnotq - I really am sorry to hear that your brother and hubby were in the truck, thank god that they didn't get hurt. Material damage is a pain in the butt and the wallet, but so much better than having a loved one hurt or worse!! I bet you just wanted to give them both a big hug when they got home. Will your insurance cover the damage to the truck? I hope so.

Take care all, I am off to change my ticker now

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 06-19-2006, 07:14 AM   #10  
~Believe~

Misti - hope you get your pics posted!

Hey Ammi - Yeah I plan on buying on one of my days off. We're just doin it for fun and mostly for motivation. lol. Nothing too serious. lol. WTG on the weight loss!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a Great Day!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 06-19-2006 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:29 AM   #11  

Ammi You Just Amaze Me ! Way To Go
Old 06-19-2006, 07:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Ammi, WOWEEE!!!! 35lbs!!! 2 1/2 stone in real weight!!!!!! I am so pleased for you, a little envious too, but hey you have put the work in and are now reaping the rewards!!!!!!
Crock, thanks for the pm. I am sorry that your birthday didn't go to plan, it seems a shame that you aren't appreciated as much as you deserve, I wish I had someone who could take my boys for the afternoon, a day or even an hour or two, maybe they were busy making a third child? lol or just thought you weren't too bothered about birthdays? I still feel let down if no one makes a fuss on my birthday so you certainly aren't making a big thing of it at all.
Annie, glad you had a great day and fab presents AND still losing weight!!!
Nancy, I'm thinking of you I truly hope this op solves all of your health/women's problems and that you are soon full of beans & healthxxxxx
I have three essay rough drafts to re-write for tomorrow so I'm out of time for posting. I started SBD today, had 3 egg omlette with half a red pepper, third an onion, mushrooms and v. low fat cottage cheese, it was really filling, I hope I don't get tired of eggs though, they aren't my favourite food. Luckily my book has lots of recipes in and I bought a quick SBD cookbook too so I hope I can stick to this and even if I do half as good as Kayley or Crock I'll be happy!!!!!!! I have put a bit of weight on but TOM has arrived EARLY AGAIN!!!! so I'm altering my ticker upwards FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!
xxxsharon
Old 06-19-2006, 08:06 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone has a great day today!

Ammi, yah for sure I was boob lady! That is what motivated me to get in gear and get the weight off... what a nightmare! And bras never DID fit; just did the best I could. They are still pretty bad but getting better. LOL BTW I love it that you used the past tense... "had" a huge chest. I still do, actually, but it is livable now -- but not for long LOL, it has to go.

But I think that is one reason my weight loss is showing so much... I never did have much to lose in my legs and thighs; it was/is ALL boobs and stomach, except for a big roll at top of my butt, though my butt itself is pretty skinny. A doctor told me this is typical of hypothyroid patients to gain it all right there. I certainly got a bad case of it!!!

I am so proud of YOU for making it to TwoTown also. What a happy day for you! Congratulations.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #14  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Good Monday morning to you all! For those of you that have weighed in or have yet to today...best of luck.

Ammi-WAY TO GO!!!! 6 lbs off...not only the two's but much more than that. Yeah insurance is going to cover the damage. I just keep finding more and more of it as the days go by. We should hear from the insurance adjustor by tomorrow and we'll go from there. I think the hardest part of it is that we'll be without our truck for a few days while it's in the shop. That's our only car. I'm gonna check with the insurance company to see if they'll let us get a rental car and pay for it. If they won't pay for it then we'll probably just use my mom's car and take her to work each day.

Hope all of you have a great day!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #15  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

I'm really struggling to keep up with the posts, especially because I need to get really serious about finishing my schoolwork. It's not really helping either that the puppy is either trying to stand on my shoulder or chew at my pants seams every time I sit down to the computer. I just know that I do better with my diet when I come here, and that if I don't at least try to keep up with 3FC that I start to let myself slip.

I did want to check in and say that I started back to my exercise classes again today, since I'm home for a couple days, and I've also started on the Colonix system to improve my health from that angle, cleaning out and improving my digestive system. I keep starting back OP and then backsliding before it becomes second nature again. (If I find ho-hos on the kitchen table again, I think I'll scream! ) I'm determined to keep trying, and I know when I finally get a hold of it again, I'll feel SO much better!

Today is the day. Now, if I can just follow it with 13 more such days, I'll be chasing those pounds away. No more "Frosty Paws" treats from the Tastee Freeze ice cream stand for the boys. At least so far it's been a perfect day....
Closed Thread