Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 02:25 PM   #1  
South Beach Life Style

Default 300+and Ready To Try Again #933

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 06-16-2006, 02:44 PM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

Hey girls...

Voodo~ I added you to my messenger list, IT is @msn.com, not hotmail.com right..???????????????

I am feeling much better today, I cant do a whole lot for shortness of breath and the gunk releasing from my chest, but I am doing...... Talk to everyone later.. Once you guys start posting.. HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 06-16-2006, 05:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Last night, I had a KILLER workout. I did indeed get in 60 mins walking, 60 mins on the recumbant bike, and 20 mins of weight lifting...and my arms are FEELING it today!
It's nearly 90 degrees today, so I think I'm going to get in the pool soon. Not only is it refreshing, but it's a good workout!

I stayed at Andrew's house last night, so I ended up peeking at the scale, and it looks like I SHOULD have a favorable weigh in this week. Nothing huge, but everything helps! Better for it to go DOWN than up!

My Aunt is coming up from North Carolina on July 1st. I haven't seen her since early 2005, when I was still 350 some odd pounds....I'm excited, and NERVOUS. Hehe.

Here's some personals, and now I'm off to get in the POOL!

Ammi - I've never wanted kids, and neither has he. We've wanted this procedure done since about 2 months into our relationship, but we decided to wait. Well, we have talked over EVERYTHING, and we just don't WANT kids...so, he's getting that done, because it's a very simple procedure, whereas for me to get it done, it would be major surgery. Plus, they wouldn't allow me to get it done, as I have no kids. So much for a woman's right to choose what she wants done to her body....heh. He'll be 22 in October, and yeah, we're still young...but we know what we want from life, and we're going for it. I've never been one of those girls that dreams of having children. I can't even HANDLE a kid for more than 20 minutes. Horrible, I know...but it's just how I am. As for the exercise, I've been really doing good. I haven't taken a day off all month, and I feel GREAT! I'm trying to get as much exercise as I can before winter, cuz that's where I slow down. Hopefully, we're getting an eliptical soon, so I'll have that as well for the winter.

Brenda - Love the new pic!! I hope you guys have a fantastic time this weekend! Andrew and I need to decide when we're going camping. We're going to the Dunes @ Lake Michigan, as it's only about a 20 minute drive, and it's incredible!

Brandnewme - It's good to see you posting! Hope the damage isn't TOO bad!

Sharon - As I was saying to Ammi...we've talked it all out...over every aspect. He has sound reasons for not wanting them, as well, as I. I doubt it ever coming to that, but if for SOME reason we want kids one day, and there's about a 99.99% chance that will never happen...hehe...we'll adopt. I hear it from everyone that we're too young to make this kind of decision, so it doesn't bother me...hehe. Our parents are both okay with it as well. They understand that we know what we want, and we are both more mature than our fellow 20-21 year olds. We aren't NORMAL. HAHA. I mean, we can be way goofy...but we're smart about life choices. I think I'm just rambling now.

Patti - Woo HOO!!! Congrats on that -2! You are almost to the 2's!!!!! We're going to have lots of people joining the 2's soon!

Crock - Good to hear you are feeling a little bit better!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:34 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Just thought I'd stop by and say hey--I'm still alive I'm back to losing instead of gaining (actually, I'm lower than my ticker now--should update that), so at least I've got my ball rolling in the right direction again. I've been insanely busy at work lately, so I'm not on here every single day, so I just kinda lost track of the 300+ threads I usually just check my User CP for recent posts to my subscribed threads, but since we go through these threads so quickly, they don't show up when we move to a new numbered thread. I really just can't keep up with them changing so frequently--I apologize, but it's great to see so many of you doing so well!!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:35 PM   #5  

thanks Kayley i sure was excited to see a movement downward! way to go on your exercise. i plan to get back into exercising in a day or two. my foot and leg is better and soon my work people will be gone!!
Old 06-16-2006, 06:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi,

Sorry, too tired to post a long message right now, but just wanted to say

PATTI - woohoo you are moving down the scales again!!! 2 lbs gone, that's brilliant.

Ok got a busy day tomorrow, off the the Mumbles again, will try to post when we get home!

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 06-16-2006, 06:36 PM   #7  

thanks have a wonderful time
Old 06-16-2006, 10:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

It's good to hear from you, Jill! Good to hear you are moving down rather than up!
Old 06-17-2006, 12:15 AM   #9  

Hey Everyone - Not much new here...Didn't do anything of what I planned today (didn't get to the pool and didn't get to the craft store either!), BUT my guy and I did have a spur of the moment trip to the mall - so, I wore my pedometer and when I got back I saw that I had walked 4460 steps - 2 miles!! Woo Hoo!!! LOL! That's my goal for about 2 days of exercise, lol! So it made up for the no swimming, which helps a ton. My DH's b-day is on the 25th (he's turning 22!) so I bought him a few things: ANOTHER cd case, lol, he has about 300-350 cd's right now, so he always needs those, lol, also got him a pair of 'Stewie' sleep pants, lol, so cute - we both loooove 'Family Guy'!! Been on track today as well, so that was good. STILL no 'trigger' foods eaten - woo hoo! Also bought a 24 case of bottled water, that helps...nothing better than ice cold bottle water, mmmm!
Anyways I'm off to sort my digital camera pics onto a CD...got about 300 to sort - ahhh!! Wish me luck, lol! Stay on track everyone!

Melissa
Old 06-17-2006, 06:56 AM   #10  

good morning everyone! even though yesterday was my weigh in day i couldnt help myself this morning and weighed again and i was down again another 2 pounds! gonna go fix my ticker now!
Old 06-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Patti, great on your loss, soon you'll be in the "TWOS".xxx
Jilly, great to see you're back AND losingxxxx
Crock I can't seem to add you to my contacts, could you tell me your 'name' again or pm me with it? Have a great day tomorrowxxxxx
Vilandra, great on the exercisexxxx
Kayley, glad you aren't mad at me xxxxx I hope his op goes well, my hubby & bro-in-law both had HUGE swellings but it's such a minor op, the vas deferens is just under the skin above the pubic bone. My hubby & bro... had it done at a doc's surgery, just numbs the area, snips, cuts a section of the tube, ties (OR SOMETHING) the ends, VOILA, no more BABIES!!!! He'll be sore for a couple of weeks but that's that.
Ammi, I hope you get to the Mumblesxxxx
Nancy, have u had the op yet?xxxxx I hope you recover well AND it helps you lose some weight tooxxxx
XXXXXXXAnnie HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!XXXXXXXX
Well I'm having some 'spotting' and feel pretty vile but I had a good night last night and I'm in the garden most of today looking after my poor neglected roses, my poor arms & hands are scratched to bits!!! Hope the sun shines for you all
xxxxx Sharon
Old 06-17-2006, 11:26 AM   #12  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Hello ladies! I'm short on time this morning, so no personals. Yesterday was a frustrating day. The wind picked up a construction sign and slammed it into our truck cracking one of our fog lights, chipping paint all over the front end and cracking our windshield, so we have to get that taken care of. Thankfully we have insurance that'll cover it without a problem. I had taken my dh to the dr Wednesday, and the dr said he had an "icky throat" lol. He's on some heavy duty antibiotics and wishing he'd start feeling better soon. My concern is me getting sick..yikes! The boss man is back in town on Tuesday, so we've almost made it through this really long week. I can't wait until Tuesday because that'll be my first day off since last Friday. I've changed my short term goal from weight loss to exercise each week because I was getting really frustrated not seeing the scale move too much. Then I realized that I hadn't been getting in the exercise like I should. Hopefully that'll be a nice kick in the tail to get me going again. Guess that's it for now. Congratulations to everyone who has posted losses since I last checked in.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:43 AM   #13  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Annie – Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope you have the most special of days.

Stephanie – Welcome!! Please let us know how it went at WW. The WATP tapes are a great way to get started. One thing that totally motivates me for exercise is to post my minutes over on the exercise thread.

Idril – Besides the car incident (wow – that was expensive!) I am glad you had a great time. That was so nice of her parents to be so accommodating. It sounds like you had a blast and did well staying OP.

Crock – Sorry you haven’t been feeling well. I agree – the best way to spend your birthday is with people you care about.

Redhotmama – I am another calorie counter and I really like it. Sometimes I get jealous of how fast the South Beach people are losing, but for me I know I have emotional issues with food that make it very dangerous to deny myself anything. When I tell myself I can’t have it, I start to want it all the time. This is getting better having been eating better for some time now, but calorie counting works for me because I can fit anything in as long as I account for it. One question – what size are you now? Your goal to get into an 18/20 by September might be a bit ambitious. My concern is that if you set a goal that is unrealistic and then don’t feel like you are going to make it, that it can be a total motivation killer.

Ammi – I hope you enjoyed your day at Mumbles (I can’t get over that name – it sounds so silly for such a lovely looking place).

Brandnewme – It is always great to see someone checking in. I know you were thinking about surgery, did you decide against it?

Kayley – Congrats on the job! When do you start? You have been doing AWESOME with your exercise.

Jill – That is great news that things are starting to move in the right direction for you again.

Melissa – Happy birthday to your guy. I think my BF has the same pair of Stewie pants. His mother gave them to him for his birthday. Way to go on all that walking!

Patti – Another 2 pounds – congratulations! I have found that with myself – I will go through a period of time and not appear to be losing (reference recent rant) and then all of a sudden I will drop quickly. That is a good thing to remember when you are going through a time when the scale isn’t moving.

Sharon – Sorry you aren’t feeling so well. My procedure is on Monday. I have to be at the hospital at 7am and will stay overnight. I should be home around noon the next day. I am taking the whole week off from work and have a bunch of books and movies to keep my entertained. Tomorrow I am going to stock up the fridge with good things to eat – I am thinking lots of fruits and to let myself splurge on some of the things I love but don’t normally buy because they are too expensive – fresh pineapple, persimmons, and figs if I can find them. The funny thing is that after all these months I have actually stopped bleeding the last few days. I think it is my fibroid (or as I have started to call it, my alien baby) trying to trick me because it knows I am about to kill it.

Hpnotq – Wow that is bad news about your truck. That almost happened to me last week – all of a sudden I saw a muffler flying towards me. Luckily it landed in front of my car and I was able to avoid it. But boy did it get my heart rate going! I am glad your husband saw the doctor and got the antibiotics. Hope you don’t get it too!

I know I missed a bunch of people – Zelma, Misti, Heather, Sassy, Elaine, Valerie, Brenda, Xena – hope you are all doing well too!!

Well, I don’t have much to report besides what I said to Sharon. I am just getting ready for my procedure on Monday. Work has been super busy so I haven’t had time to post there, and my BF has actually been home in the evenings so I haven’t had as much computer time.

Last edited by NotTheCheat; 06-17-2006 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:49 AM   #14  

voodoo i am getting really excited about getting into the 2s. i have been standing stii as far as losses lately been drivng me mad!
Old 06-17-2006, 02:54 PM   #15  
South Beach Life Style

I am feeling much better( having a bout of bronchitis) I am still somewhat tired, my head is heavy, I have to keep in check or I will be napping, And I hate to nap during daylight hours.. I am scared to death I will miss something. But I am fightin lying down right now. I hope everyone is doing well this weekend and do you know what sucks,, Sharing your Birthday with Fathers day,,only happens once and a while but , I want to be queen for ONE day, oh. well that is what the middle of next week will be for.. just to busy out and about this weekend to do much...... Take care everyone,,
Closed Thread