Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 11:08 AM   #1  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #928

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Xena, after hubby saying I was putting it on it's nice that someone offers me some sympathy, sob . I have only had a live yoghurt, rice milk and peach smoothie so far today, I'm not really hungry, though I'm sure it won't be long before I start feeling hungry.
I sent off for two South Beach books, recipes and the main book, but reading up on it on the net my fave veg; carrots, sweetcorn, peas and tomatoes; are not really allowed in great quatities. After the success Crock and Kayley have had I thought I'd give it a bash. I'm a bit bored with the foods I'm eating at the moment, even if I switch back after a couple of months a change is as good as a rest, so they say. Time will tell.
Where is everyone????? Ammi, hope you are ok Misti, what does Dr. Phil do, stuff like he did on Oprah? We don't get him in the UK.
Hypntoq??? I know that feeling!!!!! can you allow yourself some kind of food you want then fill up on fruit/veg?
Nancy, so sorry that the insurance are f***ing you around, it must be hard enough worrying about the op without the added stress of stupid letters, I hope it gets sorted out quickly and that THEY pay.
Suemarie, yes small-ish kids are so sweet & innocent, it's a shame they have to change into teens!!!! I'm sure there are lots of teachers who have kids details, after all they care, if they were in it for the money they would be on Wall St. or be surgeons!!!!! When I did my teacher training I was in my late 20's and at 30 one boy, aged 7 asked me if I was going to be a teacher 'when I grew up'!!!!!! I hope that when you teach full time that you continue to enjoy it as much as you do now.
Crock you look younger every time you have your photos changed, isn't it amazing how losing some 'insulation' reveals a happier, prettier person, like a butterfly casting its (of fat) chrysalis off.
xxsharon
Old 06-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #3  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Sharon-I'm renewing myself today...I HAVE to do this, and I WANT to do this....so I will and I am. I've already started my day off pretty healthy. I'll let yall know how it goes.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Well, it was good news when I called the MRI office. They said they have been having trouble with the billing with my insurance carrier, but that I shouldn't worry about it for now. They haven't received the statement yet, but they don't expect I will end up owing anything. What a relief!!

Sorry I haven't been doing personals lately. It seems it is one or the other thing coming up. I am still retaining water like crazy and it is making me feel so blah - which doesn't help.

Well, I really should finish up a few things at work. The week is almost over and I am looking forward to relaxing over the weekend!
Old 06-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #5  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Ladies, I've been lurking around the thread for the last couple of weeks, and finally decided to introduce myself. My name is Tammy, married with a 14 yo DS and an 11 yo DD. I enjoy reading, surfing the net, spending time with my kids and DH, and love to travel (although don't get to do as much as I would like$$$).

I look forward to participating in the thread.

Last edited by jtammy; 06-09-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

Well, I changed my weigh in day from Thursday to Friday because it is easier for me to remember. I weighed this morning and I am down 3 more pounds. I have 10 more to go until I'm back to my 2005 entire year weight loss of 45 pounds. I have been doing my Curves workouts and doing a bit of free weights, situps and small amount of the elliptical at home on my non Curves days. I am going to a Pampered Chef party tonight and I just love their products so I'm looking forward to it.

Elaine: Wahoo on -2.4, Nancy Whoop Whoop on -1 pound of body fat, Mel: yipee on -3 Good going all. Sharon, I hate that you were so sick poor baby. I do hope some of your 9 pounds stays gone though.

Ammi: Feel better soon

Shel: Glad you changed your name. You are wonderful to much so to be called Fatt lady

Crock: Yes, my hubby likes Jeff Gordon. He would probably love to see the photos you have. The track near our house is not dirt. It is like a regular road. I'll as DH what kind of cars drive there. LOL. showing my ignorance for race stuff here. Ask me about Football or Horses and I may do better. LOL. BY the way, love, love the Avitar photos. YOu look incredible!

JuleeCee: I think you are a bit stressed sweetie. Deep breath. Big hugs to you.

Suemarie: So sorry that your last day was sad.

Tammy: Glad you decided to come out of the lurking shadows. LOL. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Blessings all,
Dogpal/ Annie
Old 06-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #7  

way to go Dogpal and welcome Tammy.!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Tammy -- I think I've seen you around here on other boards -- this is a great place!

Ammi -- Hope you feel better!

Annie -- YAY! On the 3 pound loss! You seem to be getting back in the swing of things!!

I know that if I'm going to do this new lifestyle for life, I do need to let myself indulge a bit from time to time and learn how to recover. Well, apparently, this is the time to put that idea to the test.

I started this back in July, and since then have been very controlled in my eating. Not that I haven't slipped, but pretty well in control. I had a big food day a couple of weeks ago, and this week have been MANY meals out (including fondue last night, my first time ever), with a number of celebrations to end the year. I've let let myself have a big calorie surplus 3 days of the past two weeks (though I still logged EVERYTHING).

So, I'm going to try to buckle down over the next week so this doesn't turn into a problem.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Zelma - I am SO happy that those B12 shots are working so well! You seem to have so much LIFE in you even more so lately!

Crock - Your new pic looks FAB! I wish I looked as svelte as you!

Elaine - on that loss, girl!!!!

Ammi - Sorry that a migraine had to get in the way with Mumbles the other day

Shel - That is SO great that you "came out"...I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I never thought I would ever tell ANYONE how much I weigh. I just feel comfortable around everyone here, and I know they aren't going to judge me. I have no shame on the numbers with my friends anymore, either. Crazy.

Nancy - CONGRATS on that % body fat lowering! That's so fantastic! We're going through some issues with our insurance company too. They are definately NOT there to help!

Julee - UGH! I read your bulletin on Myspace about the pesky roommate. Very disrespectful of her. I hope she finds a place SOON! And congrats on your loss!

Sue - on your loss as well! I would have done the SAME thing for the weigh-in!

Misti - I LOVE DR. PHIL! lol! I always MISS the weight-related ones, too! -sigh-

Mel - CONGRATS on that loss!!!!!!! Hope things calm down for you soon.

Sharon - Sorry you are feeling so poorly! Hopefully MOST of that weight stays OFF! That'd be an AWESOME weigh-in!

Tammy - Hello and You've lost nearly 100 pounds! That's amazing! I look forward to seeing you around more!

Annie - WOO HOO!!!! That's so FANTASTIC! This is definately YOUR time!

Wyllenn - Props to you for starting again!

I copied this from my blog, cuz I didn't feel like typing it all again....lol...
Yesterday and today, I drank a whole GALLON of water...heh. That's pretty good for me!
Yesterday went well with The Herald Palladium. I got there, and filled out the formal application...why they needed a resume I don't know...since they wanted me to fill out an app, too! Gah. Anyhow, the interview went really well! She said I was very friendly, and charismatic, and calm, which is a good thing, since they are very busy around there. She has 3 different openings, and she intervied 4 people. I think my chances are pretty good. One position was Customer Service, the other was Administrative Assistant, and the other was some sort of group leader thing. She said that based on my skills, she thinks I could easily do either Administrative Assistant or the Customer Service job. AND they'll work around my class schedule, which makes it even better. Now, I'm torn. I have the Whirlpool job in the works, and now this one. Granted, the Whirlpool job pays a little better, but The Herald Palladium seems like a nicer atmosphere...smaller office. I think I would honestly be happier there. And I'm not looking to make big bucks. I'm just a college student trying to gain office experience. We'll see where it goes from there.
As I was driving home from the interview at the Herald Palladium....well, about 2 miles outside of my town....all of a sudden my radio went off, and I looked at my speedometer, and it went to 0 mph. That freaked me out a little bit, but I was still going, and I was still at about 45 mph. I figured I could get it home at least. I get into town, and my car is slowing down even more. I put my foot to the floor, and my car just wouldn't go. I was able to pull over in front of the ice cream parlor where it stopped completely. Called Mom & she came and got me. We hooked up my car to the Jeep, and I pulled it home, with Mom behind the wheel of my car, since the power steering wasn't working. Got it home, and pushed it into a parking spot. Just great. At least I'm going to have a job soon enough, so I can pay for whatever repairs it might need. I'm just glad I was able to get into town before it happened, or I would have been stuck out in the country! And I was wearing dressy tall shoes...SO not good for walking in! Ha! If the repairs cost more than my car is worth, I might just get a new one. I've had this car for about 2 years, and I like it...but we'll see.

Did a LOT of exercising today...140 minutes! Whew!
I'm off for the night!
Have a great one, ladies!

Old 06-10-2006, 12:51 AM   #10  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Ladies!~

JuleeCeeS - I hope things calm down for ya!

MsCrockett - Great attitude!

SueMarie301 - aw that was sweet of the kids to do that.......

NotTheCheat - I SO know what you mean about battling with insurances! So NOT fun at all! All I can say is keep trying. I know its a pain the the rear, but keep fighting! Phew what a releif! I saw your update!

Hpnotq - hope you feel better!

Misti in Seattle - good job on the workouts! Have to let us know what Dr. Phil said to the guy!

Mel - Congrats on the weight loss!

xxxsharon - hope you feel better soon!

Tammy!

Dogpal/ Annie - Congrats on the WL! Thanks I so am enjoying my new user name and being "myself".

wyllenn - I know what ya mean. I need to "buckle" down too.

kayleystar - yes I feel very comfy here with all you ladies and am sure enjoying my time spent here and although it may seem small, you all have made a big difference to me! Congrats on the job offers! Sounds like you've already made your mind up. EEKS on the car! I know how that is. Our truck is broken down. Did you check your battery or maybe possibly the fuel filter? Just some ideas. I hope it doesn't cost you a lot to fix it. We are going to "band-aid" our truck to get by until we can buy a new car.

I hope you all have a great weekend, I be working so have some fun for me, K?
Old 06-10-2006, 05:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Shel/f.lady, glad that you changed your handle, I felt really uncomfortable with it, we get enough insults as it is, among friends we should be free to be the people we really are, irrespective of our size.
Nancy, glad the finances are sorted, as if you need the extra stress!
JTammy, your photo is lovely, you really don't look big at all. Feel free to join in and tell us more about your life, weightloss journey and diet/exercise plans.
Dogpal, FOCUS ON THE LOSS!!!! ok so you gained but now it's almost gone again, well done!!!!! You are keeping so focused xxxx
Wyllen you certainly are keeping things under control, hope it shows on the scales.
Kayley, sorry about your car, I hope it's a minor CHEAP thing which needs to be sorted. Fingers crossed for the jobs which one would you really like of the three?
Sassy, love the name! I hope you are going to tell us more about yourself, as I can't remember you from before.
Ammi, WHERE ARE YOU? I hope that you are ok please msn me to let me know that you are well, even if things are bad you know I still want to know!!!!!
I weighed in today, well I lost 7lbs, but it still puts me 1lb over my ticker as I've not been bothering with exercise or any kind of diet, good news I went to the Doc's and went back on the pill, hopefully it will even out my hormonal highs & lows, which are partly to blame. I keep getting really down mid and end cycle, it makes me ratty, not care about my health/diet and very nasty to hubby and my boys which is no good at all. Fingers crossed the pills will work and keep me on a more even keel.
xxsharon
Old 06-10-2006, 09:16 AM   #12  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Well, I’m pretty proud of myself today. I had a lovely morning shopping, as usual, and walking around lots in a couple of malls. Then hubby and I went into the city and started off with a walk along the river. We then stopped in at the new Borders store, as we have done for the past few weekends, as it is now my absolute FAVOURITE store in the whole city! Anyway… while we were there I saw that they have one of the employees reading books to kids. I LOVE reading to kids, so I spoke to the person who did the reading (who also happens to be a teacher, but couldn’t get a job because she has come from New Zealand and doesn’t have her permanency here) and I offered to volunteer to read to the kids on the weekends. They do readings at 2pm on Saturdays and Sundays, which is perfect for me as we are often in the city then anyway. She took my name and number and said she’d pass it on to her boss. I am really proud of myself for doing this because I would never have volunteered to read to a group of strangers when I was bigger. I was wondering whether my confidence would necessarily increase as my girth decreased, and it certainly has! I REALLY hope that the boss gets back to me, because I have some books in mind already and can’t wait to get started.

Other than that, nothing really interesting has been happening here lately. On Friday I went to some professional development about helping children with Literacy problems, which was interesting. I came away with some good ideas for some of my little ones who are struggling. Now I just have to find the time to put the ideas into practice. I would love another pair of hands in my room full time to do all of the extra stuff I know needs to be done. I have the student teacher in there at the moment, but I am supposed to be standing back and leaving her to it, so I can’t really step in and work with the struggling kids when she is working on her own program. Still, I will find a way once she has finished.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get another walk with hubby in. The weather is supposed to stay fine, but still cold. I don’t think the rain is due until Monday.

I was a little disappointed that I needed a nap on Thursday afternoon, because I was worried that the needles may not have been working as well as I’d hoped, but I didn’t need one yesterday, and Friday is usually my WORST afternoon for feeling tired. And I haven’t had a nap today, so things are looking up again. Perhaps Thursday was just a little ‘catch-up’ nap, as I don’t get a full 8 hours’ sleep a night, and I am definitely an eight hour a night person.

My weight is a little up, and I’m hoping to see TOM soon, to explain for that. My weight has been a little up anyway, and hubby said that maybe I will have a ‘summer’ and a ‘winter’ weight, as I tend to eat a little more in winter. My dietitian friend said that this was because our bodies have to burn more to keep warm. Anyway… this wouldn’t normally be a problem, but I don’t want my weight to go up TOO much, because I have sent in my weight for that “Slimmer of the Year” competition and I don’t want it to be higher than I said, if I can help it. I know that they will have to cater for a little fluctuation, but I would prefer if it wasn’t too much, especially seeing as I always weigh myself in the morning, naked, before I eat and after going to the bathroom. I’m not sure if the competition people will want to weigh me or not (assuming I even get INTO the competition) but it won’t be before I have eaten and it DEFINITELY won’t be naked! So it is going to be higher than I said anyway. I told them 161lbs and at the moment I am sitting around 163lbs I think. Oh well, I will just see how I go after this week.

Patti – Did the workmen end up coming? It must be a pain to have to change your routine, then find that it wasn’t for any good reason. I find that I like to stick to a workout routine as much as possible, because then it is easier to just DO IT. If it is part of your everyday life, then it can’t be missed. A bit like having a shower or brushing your teeth. Just something that has to be done each day.
I am like you, and am MUCH better in the mornings. I am certainly a ‘morning person’. I was forcing myself to do a workout in the afternoon and I was SO relieved when the doctor said I didn’t need to be doing two sessions a day. I have upped my morning session from 25 mins to 40 mins on most days, which is almost covering both sessions anyway. I just try to get up a little earlier to make up for that. It is worth it to not have to work out later in the day, after a day at work, when I just want to sit and vegetate.

Crock – It is great that you are taking a healthy alternative to share with people at the cook out. I’m sure that many people there will appreciate it. I know that when I take something healthy for a school morning tea, there are many people who say that it is refreshing to not have only sweet, fatty foods to choose from.

Annie – I understand totally what you mean about regrets. I truly do mean to catch up with my parents soon. I can take them in small doses, I just don’t go out of my way to talk to them as much as I know I should. It is more my dad who I don’t like being around for too long. He is too negative and talks down to my mum all the time. I’m not sure how she puts up with it.
Well done on being down another 3lbs!!!! It will be wonderful for you to soon be down to what you reached last year. It will all be downhill for you from then on… in a good way that is.

Elaine – That weight just seems to be dropping off you!!! Well done! Whatever you are doing, just stick with it, ‘cos it is working REALLY well.

Nancy – I really like “24”. I haven’t been able to see all of the episodes that were shown on TV here, because they were on late at night and we missed recording some. I’m not even sure how many series we have had on. I only know of two, so it is great to hear that there are more. I may look at getting the sets on DVD, just so I can start from the beginning and not miss any. I didn’t watch the first series when it came out, but caught it on a repeat, AFTER the second one. It was an interesting way to catch them, but it kinda worked.
I do believe that your weight gain must be due to holding water. With the lowering of your body fat, you must just be holding liquid. I am a little frustrated with my body fat percentage, because I am at a fairly ‘normal’ weight, but my body fat is still around 30%. My dietitian friend says that this can be perfectly normal and she had a patient who weighed less than I do and had a body fat of around 35% (I think, maybe even higher). I’m wondering whether I still have a higher body fat because of the extra skin I have. I know that it should just be mostly skin, but isn’t there a layer of fat beneath the skin? I’m not really sure how that works.
I’m glad that things may be sorted out with the insurance company. It must have been quite a shock to receive that bill, but hopefully you won’t hear any more about it. I hate it when unforeseen money problems occur. I get quite stressed out about money issues.

Ammi – I am SO sorry about your migraine. I truly hope that things are back to normal now. I look forward to hearing about your trip to Mumbles when it finally happens. It looks like a beautiful place to spend the day… well, even a FEW days. The shops sound wonderful and I am sure I would be able to find a few things to buy. Have I mentioned that I LOVE shopping?
You are right about our winters usually being quite mild. It is colder here than Queensland of course, but we still don’t see winter temps like many of your guys get over there. I know that my main problem is that I have lost my insulation, so I am feeling it a lot more than normal. The mornings are the worst, but the afternoons have actually been quite pleasant.
Most of the sports days that our school runs are more for fun than competition. We do end up picking kids to go into competitions with other schools, but most of the kids just join in to have a good time. I am actually really pleased that our school now does this for sports days, because all of the children join in, rather than just the ‘elite’. I remember the sports days that we used to have when I was a student, and I can’t remember being in many events. As a ‘larger’ child I wasn’t exactly an elite sportsman, so I just used to spend those days watching other kids and getting sunburnt. Not a great deal of fun.

Shel – I am SO glad to have a proper name to call you. I actually like Sassy Chick, but Shel is definitely better. I know how hard it can be to ‘admit’ to your weight and talk openly about things to do with your weight, but you have come to a place where NOBODY is going to think badly of you because of your size, because we have all been there, or are still there, and we certainly know what comes with being obese. I have to admit that I found it a LOT easier to tell people my starting weight once I had actually lost some weight. It didn’t seem as bad by that time because at least I could say that I was doing something about it.

Julee – Congratulations on losing .6! With your hectic lifestyle, you must still be making some good choices. I am sorry that things haven’t changed with the roommate. It must be SO frustrating for you both to want to live together, but not be able to because she is not doing the right thing. Is she just being awkward, or can she REALLY not find somewhere else to live? When does her contract run out? I can’t remember if you mentioned a date.
Have you heard anything about that bridesmaid yet? I am assuming that if you haven’t heard anything yet then you have struck her off the list. Do you have anyone in mind as her replacement? I’m sure I could make it over there for a dress fitting… I may have to flap my wings and fly myself over there (airfares are a little steep at the moment), but I could certainly try. What size dress did you say you have spare? Not that I would have ANY idea what size I was in the US sizing anyway, but it was worth a try huh?
Sorry to hear that things aren’t great at work. You have SO much on your plate, that I am sure people understand that you can only keep your cool for so long, before you have a mini explosion now and then.

Sue Marie – It sounds as though you made a very positive impact on those kids’ lives. Good for you! I think it is wonderful that they want to keep in touch with you. I have heard of teachers giving out their email addresses before, so I sure it isn’t a problem to exchange addresses.
It is funny how we change our minds about the grade we want to teach once we work with a different age group. I am still not REALLY keen on working with younger kids, but I have had a wonderful year so far. I would be interested in looping with this group of kids up to grade 3 next year. I think that would be a great way to start a new year. Everyone would know the routines and you wouldn’t waste any time settling in. I still prefer older kids, but this age isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I’ve just had to get my act together and find things to teach them that would be motivating for ALL concerned, the teacher included.
It is interesting that you say you only take over the whole running of the class for the last week of your practice. My student teacher has been taking almost every lesson for a week or two now and will take the whole running of the class over for the next two weeks as well. I have really only been doing bits and pieces for the last couple of weeks because I had to finish off some of my program. She also has another practicum for 8 weeks at the end of the year and I would imagine that at least half of this will be where she is running the classroom. I think this is wonderful as it gives her more confidence when she actually has her own class and room to organize. I think a lot of the timing of things here depends on the competence and confidence of the student teacher. Vikki (my student teacher) is just SO good that I didn’t mind letting her take over earlier. I know that we have other student teachers who are doing the same thing. We have a VERY good group of student teachers in the school at the moment. We only had one out of the seven who wasn’t doing an amazing job, and she pulled out last week as she just didn’t have what it takes. It is sad that it took her that long to find out though. She really shouldn’t have made it through to her 4th year, because she was lacking in SO many areas, and she just wasn’t willing to listen to advice from the classroom teacher. She just kept making excuses, but not changing anything. Sad.
It would be wonderful if you could stay at your current school. I’m really hoping that Vikki can stay at our school for her final practicum. That way there is a good chance that we may be able to find her a position for next year. I managed to get my student teacher from the end of last year applying for jobs at our school and she was successful, so now I want to help EVERYONE. I may do myself out of a job at this rate.
WELL DONE on losing more weight!!! I would have done exactly what you did, and not eaten before my weigh in. Good move I think.

Hpnotq – I wouldn’t worry too much about the cravings. Hopefully they will pass pretty soon. I have had moments where I was SURE that TOM must have been due, because I could have eaten the leg off a horse! TOM never showed his face, but I had lots of the other symptoms as well. My gynecologist thinks I could be perimenopausal, and we will do some blood tests to check that soon. I can’t remember what age you are, but I do know that my weight used to mess my hormones around as well. So, even though you may not be expecting TOM, you could still be having symptoms due to a hormone imbalance. I try to make sure that I only have healthy food in the house, so I can only snack on healthy stuff. I usually crave bread, or peanut butter, neither of which is bad as long as I control it.

Mel – Your work hours sound horrendous! I’m not sure how you are coping at all. How do you find any time to just wind down and forget about everything for a while? I would be a wreck with those hours. I hope things settle down soon. It is lucky that you love your job, or you could end up telling them where they can PUT their job. Well done on passing up most of those treats, and only having a limited amount of pizza. That must have taken a LOT of willpower, with things being as stressful as they are.
Congratulations on the loss!!!!! You must be feeling wonderful!

Sharon – I am SO sorry to hear that you caught the bug that your boys had. I certainly hope you found a way to convince Steve that you weren’t faking it… one way or another. Maybe cleaning up after you would have helped to convince him. 9lbs is a LOT of weight to lose when you are sick. I hope you are staying well hydrated, although I know it can be hard to drink when you know you will have trouble keeping it down.
Oh… I just saw your last post, where you said you’d officially lost 7lbs! Well done! It is OK that you are still a little over your ticker. You have had a LOT on your plate recently and it is wonderful that you can even CONSIDER having a healthy life, let alone actually doing something about it.
I hope the new pill sorts out your hormones. I hate the ‘emotional’ side of hormone changes. Poor hubby! He is getting smart and just keeping quiet when I am in one of THOSE moods. He has learnt that it is just safer to not say anything at all, rather than trying to console me in any way. Smart man.

Tammy – Welcome!!! It is great to see you here. I hope you find this place as wonderful as I do. I caught the travel bug after we went to the US for a holiday for three weeks last year. I just can’t wait to go again, but sadly we have to pay off THAT trip before we can plan another one.

Kayley – How wonderful to have two VERY positive job prospects going at once. I hope that the decision about which one to choose isn’t too difficult. Will the Whirlpool one be able to fit into your school timetable as well? You didn’t mention how far each one was. You don’t want to end up spending most of your paycheck on gas. Are you offered any other type of ‘incentive’ from either place? That would help you to make a decision I would imagine. Do you have to work weekends with either position? I know you enjoy your time with Andrew, and I’m not sure whether weekends are the best time for you two to see each other. There is SO much to consider, but I could be getting ahead of myself. You have to wait to see if both are offered first, before you get to concerned about which one to choose huh?
You are just racing along with your workouts!!! You certainly don’t need B12 shots! You have enough energy for BOTH of us!
Sorry to hear about the car. It would be wonderful if it was just something cheap, but that isn’t usually the way with cars. At least you know that you should have an income again soon, which could allow you to get another car.

Well, that is all from me… I heard those sighs of relief! Sorry about the novel, but I seem to have a lot to catch up on again. I thought I was doing pretty well during the week, but I fell behind again somewhere along the line.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 06-10-2006, 10:15 AM   #13  

Mornin' Everyone Well, I'm just hoping Tuesday comes fast, cause it looks like I'm gonna have a good loss, lol. So I wanna get some progress on my weigh-in day! And re-do my measurements...so we will see what happens then! I exercised for 30m yesterday..10 cardio, 20 weights. And I wasn't impressed, lol, I think I'm gonna make my free weight exercises as basic as I can for starters. I want to get used to just moving during the day, even if I don't get too much toning out of it the first month or 2, it's all good.
Have a good day everyone!

Hoping for a great Tues. weigh-in ~ Melissa W.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #14  

zelma the work people came on thursday a did a little work but on friday they came and said the rest of the material had been shipped to another location so it will be monday before they will be back. just my luck! my whole routine wrecked! i guess maybe by wednesday or thursday they will finish. i still have been exercising but am so disgusted with myself for having to cut my workout down to 60 minutes instead of my 701 i have been having excruiating foot and leg pain so i cut back by ten minutes. this pain is ongoing even when i am resting too which makes it worse. how do you deal with cutting back on exercise without feeling guilty?if the pain doesnt end i will need to go to the dr about it !
Old 06-10-2006, 10:48 AM   #15  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone.

This is only my 2nd post back here (from 2 years ago) and I don't know you all (yet!) so I guess I can't post to each person yet but I will when I get to know you all better. Just reading what little I have I think you're all doing terrific and you're so supportive of each other. That's exactly what I need and am looking for.

As for me, yesterday wasn't a good day food wise. My son has soccer games on Fridays and I stopped by his father's so we could all go together. I was starving when I got there after work and his father doesn't have anything healthy so I ate some cracker. Actually a lot of crackers, which made my stomach hurt (that should tell me something right??? lol). Afterward I had planned to just come home and not eat anything else but his father talked me into staying and I ate several things that certainly weren't on plan, including a bowl of ice cream. I have to say although I'm disappointed in myself for eating what I did, I'm not doing my usual "well, now I've screwed up so I'll just start again Monday or next week or never". lol. Maybe I'm finally REALLY getting it? One day isn't the death of me, although I still need to figure out how to get over the guilt. lol.

Oh, one personal note: Misti-I see you're in Seattle. I'm in Olympia! We're practically neighbors! When is summer actually going to get here? lol.

Talk to you all soon and have a great weekend!
Closed Thread