Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 12:55 AM   #1  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again...#919

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 05-29-2006, 01:09 AM   #2  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Good Very Early Morning, Ladies and Happy Memorial Day!

Good Very Early Morning, Ladies and Happy Memorial Day!

This night/morning is just draaaggggiiiiiinnnnnnggggg. I can't wait til its over!

Have a Great Day!

*Flady*
Old 05-29-2006, 01:17 AM   #3  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Good very early morning to you too! I'm off to bed and I'm still 2 whole posts behind...I'm in the process of catching up though. See yall Monday morning sometime!

And take a moment on Memorial Day to remember those that have fought for our freedoms.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Everyone,

I've been MIA since Friday. I really hurt my back so much so that I couldn' walk straight. I have been putting ice then heat on it. I have been through this many times so I know what works for me so It is getting so much better now. I can sit up for a bit. I am praying it will be all better by Tuesday when Curves is open again so I can exercise.

Just a couple of replies;

Teahoney: so glad to see you posting. Big hugs to you. Hope the funk drifts away real soon.

Dancermom and Melissa D.: Welcome to you both.

All the loosers, congrats to you. To those who have gained. Keep your head held high, you will loose next time.

Ammi and Val: big hugs, thanks for missing me. I'm ok just temporarily wounded. LOL.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 05-29-2006, 02:13 AM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hpnotg - Thanks and have a good sleep!

Annie - WB and sorry to hear about your back! I know how that is. I have a bad back myself and it goes out too. Not fun at all!

Take Care!

*Flady*
Old 05-29-2006, 02:22 AM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

Xena2005 – OOOH! I’m looking out for Rascal Flatts to come out this way… if yer looking for someone to go with you I’m your gal!! Aww I wish!

Youwin67 – I am hug creepy crawlie hater too… I got goosebumps just thinking about it! But I have a huge backyard and with all the rain we got a lot of weeds growing in. I let the men clear the weeds out *grin* We got a lot of lizards and snakes that come around, oh man and the gophers are driving me crazy! I’m hoping that with cleaning up and the backyard and putting in some landscaping that maybe the lizards and snakes will go away, and hoping the gophers will go visit the neighbors *big grin*

Dogpal – OUCH! I know how a back injury can really take a lot out of you! I twisted my back when I played softball in high school.;.. oh man, and now it’s so easy to hurt my back again… hope you are feeling better soon!

First things first… I weighed in this morning (Sunday) I am a little shocked… but I’m up from 346.3 to 350.4 so that’s a 1lb gain… *blush* I’m actually shocked that I didn’t gain more with the way I had been chowing down. All that work made me hungry! I also drank more soda in the last week than I have in the last year… bad bad bad! I’m okie tho... I’m not gonna let this get me down. I’m just gonna have to put in a little more work this week to loose that 1lb and then some. It can be done. It’s been hard trying to keep track of calories since most of the time I’ve been to busy to even think about eating right.

Okie second thing… One of my co-workers is looking to start a co-ed softball team for fun… I really miss playing softball and I really wanna do this again. So I told him to sign me up… *gasp* The last time I played softball I was like 190-200lbs…. EEK! But I’m looking forward to it.

I’ve been out of town this weekend. I spent the last few days up in Murrieta with my aunt. We had a bbq for Memorial day today. It was good to get away. I couldn’t get any internet access up there tho I was having withdrawals.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day and hope their weekend went well!

Take care!
Old 05-29-2006, 06:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All.

I had my WI this morning, and am pleased to report a 2 lbs loss If I can lose 2 lbs every time I will be over the moon. I know it's not going to happen, but while it is, I'm happy

Misti - welcome back from your cruise. I can see that it definitely agreed with you, you were positively glowing in your new avatar photo! You were amazing going jogging around the deck daily, and doing all that walking, I am sure whatever extras you ate you worked off. I bet your next WI will be a nice surprise!

Zelma - I am glad your literacy educator's conference went so well. I look forward to hearing all about it, plus what you did on your special Sunday

Thanks for the compliments on my new hair do, looking younger can only be a good thing

Patti - I don't believe for a minute that you are going to give weighing a miss Come on, fess up, have you been on those scales?

Flady - yes indeed that cat sure does sound very spoiled. I often think that people who go OTT with their pets do it because they haven't had children. But your MIL obvioulsy had at least one child, your husband, so I guess that knocks that reckoning on it's butt I bet you can't wait to get back to your own home and your own not so spoiled cats.

MelissaD - Any weight loss is a fantastic weight loss, so what you have lost since May 1st is fantastic! The main thing is that you are doing something about your weight and instead of gaining anymore you are losing losing losing

It does make all the difference being amongst others in the same boat. I know they say that for a slightly overweight person to lost the 10 lbs they need to it's just as difficult as it is for somebody our size. But I disagree. The person who only needs to lose 10 lbs for a start has never experienced life and it's difficulties as a woman over 300 lbs, plus how long is it going to take them to lose that 10 lbs. Certainly a lot lot shorter than it is for all of us to lose our 100 or more lbs that we want to lose. I am just so glad that 3FC is here for everybody, for groups like us, and also for all the other groups. It's an awesome site.

Elaine - I have never been over to the maintainers thread, I will have to go and have a read later. How are you doing?

Hpnotq - that was lovely of you to mention memorial day and reminding people to remember those that fought for your freedom.

Annie - I am so sorry to hear that your back has been so bad, do you have some good strong pain killers to help, or do you prefer not to take them. I hope you will be feeling much better soon

SueMarie - that is great that you are joining a softball team. I used to love playing that in school. I wasn't much good at it, but it was still fun.

Sorry that you had a gain, but seems like it could have been much worse, so I am happy that it wasn't. It won't take you long for you to shift that little lb.

I better go do some emails now. Hope everybody is having a good memorial day, and that you can make good food choices with all that yummy food temptation.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 05-29-2006, 08:44 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Ammi

Congratulations on your 2 pound loss! Whoopeeee for you!! <G> And I hope you are right about my having a nice surprise. <G> I am a little anxious about getting on the scale tomorrow! But even if I gained, all that exercise HAD to be doing something!! I really worked! One day in one of the towns I was sitting on a bench taking a break when a guy approaching said "Hey you DO sit down!" I said "yes, occasionally." He said "Every time I see you, you are walking!" I got a LOT of comments like that on the deck... LOL I was out there day and night going around and around!!

I didn't do desserts much at all on the cruise but I did eat the incredible chocolate birthday cake they gave me!! If I was going to blow it that would definitely be the thing to do it on as it was the best thing I've ever eaten!!! Thanks for compliments on the avatar... yah I was having a good time all right.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:06 AM   #9  

Ammi great way to go on your weight loss! good work1 no i havent weighed this morning... i am always way to scared to weigh on a monday morning ewpecially when my hubby is still home.. i dont want to take out my ill mood on him if i show a gain. i thought about it .. weighing but changed my mind so you can be proud of me!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #10  

dogpal hope you feel better soon. Ammi love that ticker!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

AMMI!!! LOVE YOUR NEW PICTURE! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:15 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yes Ammi... that is a very nice new avatar!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:27 AM   #13  

I Agree
Old 05-29-2006, 11:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

I wish there was a smiley blushing lol, but this one will have to do thank you all for the compliments on my avatar photo. It was taken on Beth's birthday last week so is less than a week old. I like that I am smiling a really genuine smile so I thought I would use it as my picture on here

Misti - Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss, and I am sure I will be congratulating you tomorrow when you post your results. I am positive with all that walking and exercise you are bound to have still lost weight. Just goes to show how active you were when you shocked a man by letting him see that you were actually sitting down once

That chocolate cake for your birthday would have been too tempting for me too. Beth had a chocolate one on her birthday too but I only had an 80 gm slice 7 points

Patti - yes I am definitely proud of you that you are waiting until your hubby is on the road again before you weigh. I am sure you aren't going to see a gain though, so you wouldn't have been moody anyway

Lori - how are you doing, have you got any plans for next week with all the kids?

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 05-29-2006, 11:38 AM   #15  

well got my exercise in for today.. wasnt easy but i did it! gonna go crash for awhile in front of the tube as a reward lol!
Closed Thread