Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #1  
South Beach Life Style

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#916

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 05-24-2006, 11:24 AM   #2  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Crock - I was about to do my first thread change and you beat me to it!

Woo hoo! I just scheduled my procedure for June 19th!! I am so excited to finally get this thing done and over with. I will go in on a Monday, have the procedure at around 11am, spend the night in the hospital and then be home the next day. I will take the week off of work and then hopefully be able to go back in the next Monday – but if not I can always work from home for a few days. The only problem is that I have to go off the pill now which could cause some major bleeding, but I can live with that knowing that it should soon be all taken care of. The other thing is that I will not be able to exercise for a month, so the probability of meeting my goal of seeing the 200’s by my birthday (July 15th) is pretty low. But if I work really hard for the next few weeks and then watch my eating when I am recuperating I still might be able to make it. I will know better after my weigh in tomorrow.

Lilion – First of all – STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP!!!

You know, maybe you need a little maintenance break for a while. Give yourself some time off to practice maintaining and spend more time on other things. The whole point of weight loss is to make you feel healthier and happier, and if that isn’t happening then maybe you need to spend more time in other areas of your life that will bring you more joy. Not to say that you should completely fall off the wagon, but this is a journey and there isn’t any reason that you can’t consciously stop along the way every once and awhile to enjoy the scenery.

Also, I definitely think you need a mental health day – or as you call it a Jimmy Buffet day. Why not? Call in sick – tell them you got food poisoning or something and let yourself have a day of fun and relaxation. Come on – you deserve it!!
Old 05-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #3  
South Beach Life Style

Morning chicks..

Well I must say.. Kats performance of Black Horse and the Cherry Tree is awesome,, I am listening to her sing it then the origional Artist.. I love it... I am setting dancing and typing at the same time....lol
I have been consistantly been using my AB Scissors.. I really like it.. the Gazelle is 3 days a week the Ab's is every night... All is well. OP and all.

Dolphingirl~I think It was you , I have not hit a plataue yet... Just trying to prepare mentally for it.. Thanks for your input.

Dogpal~ Yep pictures please, anytime you get some and can share I would really like that.

Last edited by MsCrockett; 05-24-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:22 PM   #4  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Well I missed AI last night...but it's OK. I actually just heard Nigel Lithgoe (exec producer) on Ryan Seacrest's radio show saying that he thought Katherine was so much better on "Black Horse" in the dress rehearsal when she went barefoot and was more relaxed and was moving better. We shall see. He said that there are lots of surprises in store for tonight's show. I'm still a Taylor fan as I have been for Day 1. I cannot wait for this all to be over. I cannot go 5 feet around here without seeing another "McPheever" sign or banner. I did tell you that I live in Katherine McPhee's home town, right?

Ahhhh the plateau. I have actually been here since about the first of the year or so. No significant gains or losses...in fact I think I am slightly up from then. I have been hoping that the gym time would start to pay off...eventually. I am feeling muscles in places...my abs and my uper arms...and it's kinda sexy if I do say so myself. I don't want to be one of those crazy people who on WI day (today) works out for an house in the morning and then grazes the rest of the day on celery. I try to maintain a normal routine. I have been a little more lax lately in the hopes that even that type of change would jump start something. For dinner last night I had a veggie burger with grilled onions, fresh guacamole, cheddar cheese and fries. Yes, fries. Didn't eat all the fries but they were so tasty. And don't have fries that often (less than once a month). We'll see how the rest of the day goes.

LILION...my budy...my partner...my compadre. I feel you...you know I do. If your gut says take a mental health day complete with a boat drink and a cheeseburger then by all means do it. You clearly need to recharge and that's the best way to do it...to listen to what your inner voice says it needs. My first semester in College of Education I had a professor who was at the end of his tenure there...he was leaving for sabbatical the following semester. He told us that we were each allowed a "call in well" day...for when the weather was perfect, the skies were blue and you were too well to spend a day in class having to think. We even made him call one once....we were in the clasroom before him....the skies were crystal blue with barely any clouds, the sun was out with a breeze and it was about 78 degrees. We opened up all of the windows and as soon as we were done with our pop quiz for the day, he sent us home. It was sooooo nice.

My knee is still bothering me but I'm dealing with it.

Zelma...I hope that the next round of tests reveals something concrete. I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this.

I'm off to catch a shower and do my thing.

BYEE!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #5  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Cyn-Just so you know...I had a "friend" at work for a few years, and our friendship went the way you're describing. She's 20 and has already gone through menopause (medically induced) and spends most of her time feeling sorry for herself. I'd ask her what was bothering her etc and she would always answer nothing. I found out later that she was calling me a b%&$* behind my back and also saying nasty things about my husband who also works with us. I'm not saying this is the case, but I did want to share my story.

Valerie-Sorry to hear about the clothes at Lane Bryant. I rarely shop there anymore because of that. Good for you for eating right going to Ponderosa! I don't know that I could have done that. All the stuff I found at the grocery store isn't necessarily new, but I did find something wonderful for my sweet tooth! I won't mention it so I don't trigger any cravings for anyone. It's just new stuff to me, and it'll add some variety. Send me a message if you want more details (that whole food craving thing again).

Luan-Good for you for sticking with what you believe! And even better that you got a new job already. Great Tuesday for you...one day at a time is the way it goes.

Zelma-Keep your chin up! Everything will work out for you.

If I missed anyone I'm sorry....have a fabulous day!
Old 05-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Cyn -- She could be suffereing from depression or some other problem which doesn't allow her to really reach out to others. Makes it hard on those others, but it's hard to know what to do, isn't it. I've found it very hard for us to really know what others are going through when they don't tell us -- often we make the wrong guesses...

Rather than asking her to tell you what's wrong, maybe just send her a note or card and tell her you miss your talks and such and that you still care... and leave the ball in her court.

Val -- Yes, we are heading toward a goal of 100,000 minutes of exercise -- the 100K goal! And well over halfway there!

Lilion -- I think a break from actively trying to lose weight may not be such a bad idea. Though exactly how one goes about that without gaining is unclear to me. yet, if we are goign to maintain these losses, it's something we have to learn.

I think sometimes we put such pressure on ourselves to lose lose lose and when that doesn't happen, well, it's not so easy.

I know you don't want to buy more clothes yet, but maybe duying one or two new things will make you feel better about the weight you have lost!

Are there other things you can do to make this seem less like 'work' for you?? new exercises or new recipes or ... who knows...
Old 05-24-2006, 03:32 PM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey gals.

Well guess what? I have pink eye. In BOTH eyes! Yippee! Not sure where I got it from, but who knows that stuff is so contagious! So I called my dr this morning but he was totally booked and only there a 1/2 day today as he does rounds at the nursing home on Wed. Afternoons. So I have an appt. tomorrow before work but I may be cleared up by then. I hope so!

But if not I should be okay to go to work by tomorrow evening I think. As it is I work nights so not a lot of contact with people but we'll see what the dr. says. If he says I should stay home, then oh well. Can't help it. I didn't intentionally get this! Or if he leaves it up to my boss. Not sure what she'd say either. I would rather work just because the simple fact is I used up all my personal time cuz we just got back from our "mini vacation" so if I don't go in tomorrow, no pay and that is going to be some piddly check since I was short on time so I had to take no pay for one day of our vacation. Oh well. Kinda out of my hands.

So now that means I have to throw out my old pair of contacts I wore yesterday and I have no idea where my other pairs are! Figures! lol. At least I don't wear them every day! Not that I could wear them with pink eye anyways. lol.

Well I think I've rambled on long enough. Just thought I'd pop in real quick and fill you in on the lovely details. lol.

TTYL.

*FLADY*
Anybody got a Pink Eye Smiley? lmao!
Old 05-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #8  

hello everyone!
I hope all is well. I'm just checking in.....I know I haven't really postsed a lot in the forum. I have been feeling a little down lately because I haven't been able to get out of the 290's....I feel like I have been stuck here forever!!!!!
I have been exercising regularly and I can't seem to figure out the problem !! Maybe It was the spaghetti I ate 3 nights in a row ( I used extra lean turkey meat)......I guess I'll have to watch my carbs next week.

BRB going to exercise!

~BRYTT
Old 05-24-2006, 05:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

I am SO tired, I have been out all day, and busy most of tonight. I have read all the posts since I last wrote, but I am too tired to do personals tonight. I will hopefully catch up tomorrow, although I am out most of the day too. Well I will try my best to catch up

I just had to write now because I am feeling so proud of myself. As some of you know it was Beth's birthday today. Normally I would have had a day off my diet so I could eat what I wanted at the Pizza Hut, Beth's fave place, and eat lots of cake and party treats. But today, I was so good. I had porridge for breakfast, then went to Starbucks in the morning and had a cup of light caramel machiatto coffee (2.5 points). For lunch I had a chicken ceasar wrap, and an apple. For tea I had an individual Hawaiian pizza, no starter, no dessert. Then when we got home I had a small slice of birthday cake, nothing else naughty. And guess what? I had 34 points. My daily allowance is 30, but I banked 4.5 points since Monday, so in actual fact I didn't go over my points at all!!!! I am so thrilled to get through a special day without feeling like I missed out on anything, and yet staying OP. I just wanna pat myself on the back

Ok well I will try to post tomorrow. Take care all, and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 05-24-2006, 05:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Nancy: Thanks for sharing the photos of your trip. It is very pretty there and it looks like you had a great time.

Val: YOu are such a doll. I chuckled about your Moose call. Back at ya girl. Give Simon a hug for me.

Luan: Congrats on the new job.

dolphingirl: I didn't actually see a Griz. We were checking out camp sites and everyone of them had a Griz warning because it was their territory.

Lilion: Big Hug to you. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing so well. You need a vacation my dear. You will get back on track soon enough.

Zelma: Hang in there. I know it sounds like a lot but thank God you have a Dr. who cares enough to keep an eye out for things.

Ammi: Big hug to you. I am so proud of you for sticking with your program. I knew you were on the right track. NOthing can stop you now!

Everyone else, hugs and happy day to you all,
Dogpal/Annie
Old 05-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #11  

Ammi i will pat you on the back for you lol!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Just a quick post for right now, as it's another busy busy day. Today, Mom and I took quite a long walk...down to the cemetary, up and around the trails, and back home. 60 minutes at a solid 4mph!

Came back to the house (dried off), cuz it had started to rain on us...lol. And moved the desk into my room. Did some vacuuming, and all that good stuff.

Going to get back in there, and get the rest of the stuff picked up, and make my bed, since I finally got some more of my sheets washed.

I'll catch you all later.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:10 PM   #13  

Hi all! just a quick check in and big hug

Lilion -- I'm so with you, babe.... I'm not an exerciser, either.... but you KNOW you'll be back in the right mental frame soon... give yourself some space and time... you had more of the "I DO WANTs" than the "I DON'T WANTs" listed... they'll kick in again and shove that DON'T WANT aside...

I'm so glad that Idol will be over tongiht... I watch it, I love it...I get into it.. but I'm soo ready for it to NOT be the only topic of conversation in the world or the only thing the news talks about LOL ......

But tonight is also the LOST finale.. and TOP CHEF lol... all three of my shows on one night.. sheeeesh...

Cyn --- I agree with Wylenn.... I htink reaching out in a different way will help. If she doesn't repsond or responds badly... at least you gave your past relationship the respect of one last high road try. Also... so many people don't respond to questions like "are you mad at me" well.... and need to have YOUR thoughts to respond to first. So... approaching it like "I've been feeling bad because our relationship has seemed strained. We've both had our share of bad times...but I'd like to get back some of our past relationship" (assuming you do ). Questions... especially YES or NO questions don't really open of the conversation very well.... GOod Luck!

Flady! Pink Eye??? awwww... what a big bummer. DOn't you think that's something that should be restricted just to kids? LOL a big pink HUG to you, friend

to all.... consider yourself hugged too

Mel
Old 05-24-2006, 09:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hey guys!! I'm new here so I don't know everyones name yet... but today I made it to 20lbs lost! yay! This is very exciting for me! I started my weight loss on May 1st and I am very please with the results thus far!

Tomorrow the DH and I are going to register the kids for kindergarten! They don't start till the September of 2007 but we want them in the French program.

Anyways I hope to get to know you all and congrats on how far you have come!!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:30 PM   #15  
Oooo Silly Me!

Help Can't stay awake! I am so thankful that today is my last day of class for the week... i haven't had energy to do anything this week and that includes exercise.... I'm just hoping after all that stress eating I've done that I haven't gained anything... I can handle not loosing anything... but I'll be a tad bit upset with myself if I've gained. Especially because I know better than to shove junk in my mouth... ahhh moments of weaknesses... shows us all just how human we are... I guess if I get my whining out now, i'll be okie when it comes time to weigh in. Since today is my last day of classes for this week, I'm debating on wether or not I am going to go straight to bed or if I wanna jump on the treamill when I get home... I haven't had the chance to use it yet! Nor my gym set... oOOh that reminds me, I need to take a picture of my gym set for everyone... I'll do that tommorrow. Hopefully I remember...

I'm having my backyard renovated. My mom brought over the guy who did her house... he's helpinng me out. So, I'll have some before and after pictures of my yard as well. We had to drain the pool so we could move it to where I want it now... Too bad cause it's hot and I wanna go swimming! heheh

Alrighty, I guess I better get back to my lecture *yawn* Hopefully I don't fall out of my chair

Wave
Closed Thread