Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #16  

congratulationd Jninffer on you weight loss and welcome this is a great site for support!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:50 PM   #17  

Red face

Hello All!

I feel a bit foolish about my rant today. To those of you who responded with such nice things, I sooo appreciate it. I truely believe I just have too much going on in my life right now and thinking about every darn thing I eat and feeling guilty about not exercising and such - it's just one thing too many! I really DO need that Jimmy Buffett day! (They are great days - and it's been a LONG time since I took a "me" day.)

Nancy - I hope your surgery goes as well as mine. I felt fine after just a couple of days.

Wyllen - thanks for the advice. I agree, maybe a change is in order - God knows I need something new.

Dogpal -

Mel - Exercise is the worst for me! I just can't seem to get into it, although I know I feel good after.

Julee - I think jobs should have "call in well" days! What a wonderful idea! Calling in sick just makes you feel like a guilty liar all day long! My DH actually had a doctor for a long time that would give you a sick slip if you told him you needed a "mental health day". I'm sorry to hear about your plateau. I know you can get back to losing - and those sexy muscles will get even sexier!

I did have a horrible food day! I had Taco Bell for lunch and ate out for dinner - an awful, fattening seafood place - lots of fried greasyness! And tomorrow we have to go the Olive Garden for lunch - my son's graduating into middle school and that's where he wants to go. But tomorrow I will, at worst, split a entree with DH. So that's something. I WON'T gain all that back - so here goes.

Thanks again! I love you guys!
Old 05-24-2006, 11:20 PM   #18  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Let’s see… I worked out, ate way too many carbs but stayed within a decent calorie range, spent time at the barn, and didn’t get a lick of studying done today. I’ll take a B+ on the day.

I think I have a perfect lady to lease one of my horses and take him off my “payroll.” She’s 60 and doesn’t intend to show (so he needn’t trailer much), prefers Arabians and wants a horse with a lovable personality. That’s him! She’s coming to meet him tomorrow. It will break my heart to see him go, especially when I’m finally at a point where I could start riding him more myself, but - NANCY can probably relate – it’s the financially responsible thing to do. The $$ will be going straight on to my cc’s because I’m not even telling my husband that the horse is gone. =)

Well, Cant’ help myself. I’m going to have to jump on the scale again in the morning. I’m hoping to be down another pound, but if I’m not, I’ll just have to work harder at it tomorrow. More protein, less bread. I can’t believe my friend brought cinnamon raisen bagels into this house!

LUAN – Fantastic on that new job, Princess!!! Everything you’re working on sounds totally exciting!! Bravo on the OP day too!! Hey, when you’re hot, YOU’re HOT!

Oooo, ZELMA, Sounds like not such fun at the dr’s, but at least it seems she’s really working at getting you diagnosed correctly and keeping you healthy. It seems she doesn’t want to risk missing anything and that even if it’s not fun, you’re in good hands. * I hope you have some peace now from that other teacher – what unnecessary stress!

VICKI – I don’t think I could ever deal with one of those “talking scales” announcing to everyone in the house what I weigh all the time. I’m a scale-a-holic when I’m home – Every morning, and every time I get up in the middle of the night for a potty run. I’m always watching the thing, but I wouldn’t want it broadcast!

LILION! HELP is on the way… but be patient if it has bad directions! Heaven knows its dispatcher is no help, and the price of fuel to get there has it driving 55. Seriously woman, I wish I knew what to say. I understand how frustrated you must be, and I know you’ve had SO much going on. I can’t imagine trying to keep it all straight if I were in your shoes. I have to schedule reminders on my cell phone so that it jingles all day reminding me where I’m supposed to be. Which reminds me, I’ve got to remember to schedule a reminder to pick up flea meds at the vet…. Sorry, I digress. Hang in there and don’t be too hard on yourself. Enjoy your vacation (unless you don’t finish the sewing and have to go naked) and maybe just give yourself a little time off and come back to it fresh on the day you return. Sometimes giving myself a little room by saying “the heck with it” takes the pressure off. Don’t go TOO overboard, but reduce the stress with a plan for when to renew your efforts. I wish I were there to cook dinner for you for a night or two, and drag you out to the barn for a few hours – you wouldn’t even know you’d been exercising… unless I made you do stalls. Get yourself a good nights sleep when you can, and I hope things look better soon! Know also that I DO know where MO is, and I just might come by and K.Y.B if it’s necessary! Be afraid. Be very afraid.

NANCY, I’m glad you’re finally squared away and ready for that procedure. I hope it goes really well and you’re back and kicking in no time. Sounds like you’re going to make the best of the time you have from now till then. Just a few weeks, but it can make a difference in the long run. Keep us posted!

Oh, FLADY, that’s some miserable stuff. I remember having it as a kid, but have escaped since then. Hope you’re better soon!

BRITTANI, the pasta would have done it for me! Makes me wanna eat the wall paper and woodwork for the next couple of days, and the calories in regular pasta are horrendous, especially if you don’t measure out a “serving” – which always seemed to me to be ridiculous. Have you tried any of the low carb/low cal pastas? They don’t effect me the same way as regular or “whole grain” pasta. Good job on the turkey!!! I hope you break that plateau soon!!!

AMMI – WHOOP WHOOP!! On having such an OUTstanding day, even WITH b-day cake!!

Hi ANNIE! How are things way up yonder these days?? I’m not getting much studying done, but I sure do love being home! I hope you’re having fun at Curves! Do they give Curves Bucks there? What day is your WI again???

JNINIFFER, HOWDY!! AWESOME job losing that 20 pounds!! What plan are you using? * It’s great that you have the option of getting your kids some language education early up there. It’s too bad the States are the only education system that hasn’t figured out how important that is to start early. I always wanted to learn Spanish as a kid, but they didn’t even have enough teachers to get you into it in high school. Do you have twins or something since you said “kids”?

SUE MARIE, Go for that tread mill! Some people say that if they do it in the evening it keeps them awake, but I don’t have a problem. Tread mill, hot shower, snores…. And I love going to bed knowing that I’ve just kicked my metabolism up for the night. Burn, baby, burn…

To all my other fellow posters and partners in search of new belly dimensions, you are a beautiful bunch of ladies. Smile at the babe in the mirror, and take good care of her today!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:10 AM   #19  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

annie - i just bought a ticket today - i will be back up that way july 4-11th yay!
Old 05-25-2006, 09:39 AM   #20  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I get to give myself a this morning because I am down 2 pounds and pretty happy about it. That leaves me with 9 pounds to make it to my next goal of seeing the 200's. I have a total of 7 weeks until my birthday - the first three are normal and then the other 4 are no exercise, but I still think it is definitely doable. If I don't make it, that would still be OK, but boy what a great birthday present that would be to myself!

Hope everyone is having a good morning.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:41 AM   #21  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Girls

All is well here in Central West Virginia,,Starting to get pumped up .. We have a ride on our property this weekend, Rumble N the Hills, then on Sunday, I am Going to a Nascar race.. the Coca Cola 600... IN North Carolina. we are gonna leave around 9am Sunday Morning to go there, about 4.5 hr drive.
doing OP.

We had a meeting yesterday, to go over what all we are Doing on the ride Saturday, and stuff, Well there is this guy that is,, what I feel taking advantage of us and I vented about it.. VENTED...... may have went a little over board, but I got it off my chest.. and low and behold not 20 minutes after I vented he Pulls up to HELP for the first time in months! do you think he heard me grumbling?...Take Care All

Way to go Nancy on the 2 lbs lost.. I am sending you good vibes to be it 2derville(as misti said) before your birthday.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:44 AM   #22  

congratulations Nancy on your 2 pounds.200s are on the way! i am looking forward to that myself!
Old 05-25-2006, 01:09 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning Ladies,

Luan: Oh, I hope we can meet. That is going to be kind of hard for me that week but hopefully we can. My sister in law is coming from Ca. that week too and she wants to go to Canada and well, all kinds of things my hubby has planned for his big sister now that she can do them. She was over 300 pounds in September last year and had gastric bypass and now she is down to 199! Even if we can't meet in July please don't give up on me to meet with me. I'd love to meet you in person. Hopefully we can steel an hour or two.

Nancy: Congrats on -2 and especially on being so close to the 2's! I'm so happy for you and can't wait until I can report I'm entering the 3's. LOL.

As for me, I'm down another 4 pounds this week! Yea me. I also exercised again at Curves today so I have 95 more minutes to go to meet my exercise goal for May. I'm so excited because I have never met my goal since joining the exercise thread. I know this is the month it will happen for me.

Have a blessed day all of you,
Annie
Old 05-25-2006, 02:08 PM   #24  

great on the weight loss news dogpal!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:15 PM   #25  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Red face

Good morning everyone! I didn't really get a chance to hop on last night cause I was on xbox live a little too late last night. I've had a really hard time this week motivating myself to get to exercising. I'm not sure why it is cause last week it helped me to feel great. I got my DDR pad out again and have it sitting in the middle of my living room floor...I'm halfway there. Hopefully seeing it will motivate me to hop on and play it for a bit...even if only 20 minutes. I've been really tired this week, and I'm going to attribute that to the large decrease in the amount of water I've been drinking. I have a large tumbler and have set a goal to drink 3 of them before I pick up my husband from work at 4:00. I'm about halfway through my first glass...I'll measure how much it actually holds after I make that goal of 3 glasses. Hope everyone else is having a great week!

FLADY-Pink eye? In both eyes??!!?? Wow! I've never heard of getting it in both eyes at the same time...but it makes sense. I noticed that I rub my eyes alot when someone mentioned it to me. I could easily pass it from one eye to the other. Who knows how you got it. It has been a really long time since I had it, but my cats manage to get it regularly. Hope you heal up quickly. I looked for a pink eye smiley or pic or something, and I couldn't find anything...LOL!

Brytt-Hang in there! I lost 3 pounds my first week and haven't lost a pound since. There's gotta be a point where it gets going again. I wish I could tell you what to do, but if I knew I wouldn't be stuck myself.

Ammi-Way to go! There's no way I could have said no to Pizza Hut! You should feel proud of yourself! Here's a huge pat of the back for you!

Jniniffer-20 pounds gone? WOOHOO!!! Congratulations to you! You're 2/3's of the way to your Canada Day goal! Keep up the good work!!!

SueMarie-Remember to take care of yourself. I totally know where you're coming from. There was a point where I was working nearly full time and going to school full time. I was always tired and I ate whatever junk was quick for me; whether it was fast food, a bologna sandwich, a can of ravioli etc. Class will end for you soon (right?) and then hopefully you'll have a little more energy. No matter what happens on weigh in day, let it motivate you to work harder. Stupid question for you...don't know if anyone has asked or if you've answered or not. What are you studying right now? I'm at a break in classes because I just can't afford to go on to the university to get my bachelor's degree.

Lilion-Congratulations to your son graduating into middle school! My niece graduated 5th grade a couple days ago. I'm so proud of her. Let us know how your Olive Garden dinner goes. I'm such a sucker for their salad and breadsticks.

Valerie-Sorry to hear you're having to lease out one of your horses, (how many do you have) but I can totally understand the money aspect even though I don't have horses.

Nancy-Way to go! 2 more pounds gone! Seven weeks to lose 9 pounds? You're in great shape to make your goal and then some by your birthday! Keep up the good work.

MsCrockett-I'm SOOOOO jealous! I wanna go to the Coca Cola 600 so bad! Who's your favorite driver? I've been to TMS 5 times and my husband surprised me Christmas 2004 with tickets to the 2005 Daytona 500.

Annie-Another 4 pounds down and you're gonna make your exercise goal? WOOHOO!!! Good for you. Here's a big Texas pat on the back for you!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:27 PM   #26  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

What? Nobody else has posted yet about AI last night? Ohhhhh...someone hasn't seen it yet. Ok..shhhhhh.

Down 1.2 last night...which is a common number for me to be up or down...but it felt good especially since I had a really lax food week. But I bought the new WW cookbooks and am ready to go for this weekend. I've got Convention and will do the best I can with what is served and bring my own stuff to fill in the gaps and make healthier choices (instead of eating pastries for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday).

The letter was ailed yesterday and it should be received today. Whoop dee do.

That's about it for me....off for a lunch date!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #27  
South Beach Life Style

Hpnotg~ MY dear, I am a Jeff Gordon Fan,, I have been ever since he was diet pepsi in Bush.............. The Man can drive a car.... Who do you like, I will try to get a Picture for you... Let me know.. I have pit passes as well.... Cant wait, cant wait.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:29 PM   #28  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies!

Wanna give a big CONGRATS to all of those who have lost pounds!
To those who are struggling right now, just dust yourself off and get back up and going again.

Thanks for all the well wishes. You know I never had PINK EYE as a kid, only as an adult! lol.

Its better today, infact I didn't even go to my drs appt because its cleared up. Now I just have to go to work later and make it through. I think I should be okay.

Its very warm here today, a Warm and Sunny 80 degrees. Finally! Warm weather! lol. We got some rain lastnight and a few thunder and lightning, nothing like they "said" we would get though, maybe tonight........

How is everybody doing today? Feeling wise? I am feeling pretty good. It was so nice to take some time off of work and get out and about in the Sun. I think that made a HUGE difference to me! With all that rain and cold weather were having got me BLUE.

Anybody have plans for the weekend? Me? I'm Working! lol. I know sounds like a lot of fun, right? lol. Oh well. I knew it would come, don't you always hate going back to work after a vacation? lol.

Well have a Good Evening Everybody!

*Flady*
Old 05-25-2006, 05:49 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Jniniffer - Hello and to the group! And congrats on your loss thus far! What plan are you following? The French program? Taught in French? (I'm dense....lol....and just never heard of that before).

Sue - Hope you were able to stay AWAKE last night. That was a problem in a certain class of mine -cough-Psych-cough-....sorry Wyllenn! lol

Lilion - No need to feel foolish. Everyone needs to LET IT OUT every once in a while. I know you all heard me complain in April...for about the ENTIRE month. You've done so well, and it's going to pick up again. I've been on two plateaus already, and I've only lost 61 pounds...so I know how you feel.

Val - So sorry that you have to let one of your horses go. Eeps...Cinnaomon Raisin Bagels?!?! DEADLY!

Nancy - for you!!! Congrats on that loss, girl! You are going to be in the 2's before you KNOW IT!!!! I could always use some more company! hehe! I hope all goes with your surgery, and your recovery time is minimal, so you don't have to miss out on too much!

Crock - Sounds like you've got a busy weekend ahead of you....ENJOY YOURSELF!!!

Annie - Down another 4 pounds?!?! YOU ARE ON FIRE!! I am SO proud of you!!! Almost to that -30 mark!

Julee - Hope there's no childish behavior by your ex-bridesmaid once she gets your letter! I don't watch ANY reality TV, and hardly ANY TV in fact, so I have NO clue about Americal Idol...heh. Congrats on your loss! Youre perseverance is going to pay off!

Flady - Pink eye! Eeps! I've never had it...and you have it in BOTH eyes! Oh man! It was in the 80s here for the day, too...although now we have a Tornado watch in effect. Still nice out, though...just cloudy. As for weekend plans, I'm going to visit some friends in Wisconsin (I live in Michigan, so it's only about 4 hours away) that I haven't seen since before I started this diet!

Went for a nice 65 minute walk with Mom today. Was very nice. Tomorrow night, we leave for Wisconsin...and we won't be back until in the evening on Monday, so I won't be online from tomorrow about 7pm until Monday night...lucky you! lol I've gotta get the rest of my stuff packed tonight, and get everything set and ready to go! I'm getting so excited! Getting down to the wire! Luckily, we'll be driving through Chicago around 1am, so the traffic should be GOOD, unlike last time (4 hour traffic jam!).

Well, I'll be back later, but I hope you gals have an OP rest of your day!

Catherine, Christine, and Garnet have been missing quite a while. I hope everything is okay...
Old 05-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Patty: Thanks a bunch.

Hpnotq: Thanks and DDR sounds fun.

Crock: My Hubby is a Jeff Gordon fan too. Have fun at the races.

Val: SO sorry that you have to send one of your babies to another farm. I'm sure he will have a wonderful home. Hugs.

Jennifer: Welcome

Kayley: You are so amazing. A 65 minute walk is so much.

Blessings all,
Annie
Closed Thread