Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #1  
South Beach Life Style

Default 300+And Ready to Try Again....#899

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:09 PM   #2  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Sharon – I haven’t had a hernia, so I can’t tell you. I would definitely get it checked out by a doctor. It is better to be sure than worry about it and/or have it get worse.

Ammi – Yeah, I think the airfare might kill that idea. I really need to get out of my work funk. I am usually so dedicated and enthusiastic. Right now I just feel so apathetic. I show up, I get my job done, but nothing more than that. I don’t like it and I need to change, but I’m not sure how.

Misti – Your cruise sounds fantastic! I have never been on one, but I hope to soon. You definitely look younger than you are.

Crock – Excellent news from the doc!

Julee – Your dinner sounds fabulous. I have the same problem with the things Andrew likes, although mostly it is backwards. Sometimes he will tell me he didn’t like a certain something (like black olives) and I get it in my head that he doesn’t like all olives.

Kayley – I am glad to hear that your counselor is taking the slow road and not just putting you on medication right away. It may be that medication is the way to go, and from Ammi and Dogpal we certainly know that the right medication can make a world of difference, but it is good he is taking the time to work with you.

Zelma – It is always hard to go back to work after a break. Your routine gets thrown out of whack a bit and you need to readjust. If you are feeling tired you should definitely go to the doctor to get it checked out. Glad the chiropractor helped with your knees. I don’t think even when I drop the weight that I will ever be able to job because of my knees. My family is known to have weak knees and my aunt just needed knee replacement at 60 years old.

Luan – Glad to hear things are going so well. I am with you on disliking teachers that treat adults like they are in kindergarten.

Valerie – Good to see you! We miss you when you are away. Definitely try and enjoy those perks when you can, and I’m glad to hear your puppy is ok.

Maria Lucia – I’m not sure about sugar causing joint pain, but it could definitely be the case. I have started taking glucosomine and MSM (recommended by my brother's GF who is a physical therapist) and they seem to help. The weight coming off probably helps too, but my knees do still give me trouble. If you haven’t left already, I would suggest taking an Advil before you go. Part of the pain is probably from inflammation, and Advil helps with that. Glad things are going so well with your therapist. I have been thinking of going back to someone I saw awhile ago, but I would have to get off work to do it, and with all my other doctors’ appointments right now I don’t think I can spare the time.

Dogpal – That is so cool that you are getting out to Curves all the time now. I have never had a manicure, but I may brave one some day. My problem is that in the same way that some people cringe when they hear nails down a chalk board, I cringe when I hear nails being filed by an emery board. Don’t know why, but it really gets me. Oh, and your puppies are too cute!

Tracey – Hang in there! You will be feeling better soon and getting out in the beautiful NY spring time before you know it!

Well, I am waiting for my BF to be done with some work so he can take me to my car which was in the shop yesterday for some maintenance. I am going to have to spend a good bit in the next few months on new tires and a 60,000 mile check-up. I can’t believe I have only had it for 3 years. But, I am taking care of it so hopefully it should last me 200,000 at least. When I get my car back I will go do some shopping. I have some things to pick up for our trip next week. Andrew has to work all day, so I am on my own. Tomorrow we are going to a play that a friend of mine was working on, and that should be fun. Otherwise, I am getting my finances into Quicken so that I can have some serious money talks with Andrew once he isn’t working. He does his stuff in Quicken, but I haven’t been so diligent about it.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies...well i am doing house cleaning and going bowling later...that is about it for me. I think my allergies have turned into a cold! That is what happens everytime the weather changes..and we are about to get into the 100s here in arizona so that is what I go through! I know this is gonna sound strange..hehehe BUT why do we keep changing thread numbers??? No biggie just curious..guess I am new to the whole thread thing..lol...see ya ladies later.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #4  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

How can it already be a bad day at 9:52 am? I woke up and checked my email and got an email from one of my bridesmaids. She had expressed to me a while back that she thought it might be cost prohibitive to be in the wedding. We had a long talk about it, I helped her find some alternative plane flights, and she said she would get back to me within the week. Thatw as well over a month ago, if not more. So this morning she emaild me and respectfully bowed out. I am sure that I saw it coming, but it doesn't make me any less sad. On top of that, one of my othe bridesmaids here in town is a royal pain in my A$$. It was a total mistak to ask her to be in the wedding to begin with...it was a very impulsive move and I regret it daily. She is jealous over the fact that I am getting the big nice wedding, she is always seeking attention in inappropriate ways, and she is an emotional loose cannon. We have barely spoken in 2 months and she dosn't return my calls and emails. Her husband is one of Jason's good friends and he is also in the wedding. I do not want to cause problems for Jason, but I am about to reach my breaking point. I warned him last night that if she either causes problems at the shower or if she cheeses out of it then I am kicking her out.

This makes me sad though because I always dreamed of a wedding where I was surrounded by my closest friends on my wedding day and we are all smiling and happy. I wanted to have pictures of all of us together. Now, I am down to 4 and it's looking like I'll be down to 3. Jason has 6 people on his side. I feel like a friendless loser. There really isn't anyone else I can think of to take their places, and the other problem is that the skirts for the bridesmaids got discontinued and I don't think they can be ordered. I will have Mishel's skirt to use..but I think it's a size 12 and if Sarah is out I'll have a size 8 to use as well...*sigh*

Today's goal is to kick this feeling without eating my way through it.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hello All,

I have a question to ask. Does anybody suffer with soreness under your belly? I have terrible problems myself and after I shower every night Daren has to put nappy (diaper) rash cream under there for me. If anybody else has problems, what do you do to help prevent it? I asked the doctor if I should use medicated powder under my belly, but she said no she wouldn't advise it. So I have come to ask the people who perhaps know from experience what I can do to help prevent the soreness.

Crock - I am sorry that you didn't get to go fishing, but it sounds like you were better off staying at your friends and letting Austin have some more time with his Nonnie I am glad to hear you are feeling much better. Good luck with your WI tomorrow, not that you'll need it!

Tracey - that sucks that you are feeling so unwell. I must commend you though for being so annoyed at not being able to exercise. When I am ill I just want to lay in bed and die (well not literally lol), I don't give a thought about not being able to exercise. I hope you will be feeling much beter and able to exercise again soon.

Nancy - I am sorry you are unhappy in your work, and I hope you will figure out a way to either leave, or sort something out so that you aren't unhappy there anymore.

Good luck for when you have those money talks with Andrew.

Cyn - I think the threads change after every 30 or so posts so that it doesn't take as long for the threads to open for people on dial up. At least I think that is the main reason. I am sure somebody will be able to tell you for sure.

Sorry that your allergies have turned into a cold. Feel better soon

Julee - that's a shame that one of your bridesmaids has had to pull out of the wedding, and that you are having to deal with another bridesmaid that you wish you had never asked to do the job. Ah the joys of having a big wedding huh

Please don't feel like a friendless loser, you will still have a wonderful day with 3 or 6 bridesmaids, and you know that those that have dropped out haven't done so because they can't be bothered. They are still your friends and are probably as gutted as you are that they can't attend your wedding. Now if only those spare dresses were a size 30, or at least larger sizes, I am sure a couple of us here would love to fill them for you

Okie dokie, it's time for bed now, so I shall see you all tomorrow

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 05-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #6  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Ammi:

Thanks for the cheer up. I went to the gym and worked out my stuff there. Had a bit of a cry and came up with a plan B. I think I have found the perfect replacement, so I will talk to her next weekend when I see her in person. Had a super lunch with the girls and then hit Target. I tried on the CUTEST dress...and I walked around the store with it for a while to see if I reallllly wanted it. it would have been perfect for the shower and the engagement party...but in the end it would have required a separate shopping trip for the right bra (strapless, low front and low back) and that was more than I could handle. I did get some dead sexy shoes though so all was not lost. I also did one of those shopping trips where I loaded up the cart and in the end got rid of a chunk of it. So I passed on 2 pairs of earrings, a necklace, some undies, a skirt and the dress...but did get the sports bras and Mothers' Day cards..which was the original purpose of the trip. Mission accomplished.

I am starting to see a slight bit of definition in my ankles and my forearms...which is nice. Oy my abs are SORE!!!

I am going to enjoy the rest of today and not stress over the other things that are going on. It is a gorgeous day...about 73 and sunny with a slight breeze, the door is open, and I am going to dinner and a play tonight with Jason and one of our friends.

Au revoir mes amies!
Old 05-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #7  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

grr i just lost my post after i hit send.... going to do housework as I just got in from my scrapbook weekend. Will talk to you all later tonight.... a clean house is calling my name!

Brenda
Old 05-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #8  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hello all! Haven't posted since earlier in the week so I've been reading through about 4 threads that I completely missed. I finally went to a WW meeting today. I have skipped the past 3 weeks. I was up 4.6 pounds. I am trying to change my mindset into think I CAN do it. I hate being this heavy. And with summer coming on and the heat here in TX, well, I just dread the thought of it. My goal this week is to try to face one day at a time.

As for my work challenges, we did have the meeting to re-assign the workload so that I am not under so much pressure. I thanked my boss for doing it because he really did give me free reign to decide what tasks I wanted to off-load onto The Princess. That is the good part. The bad part is that The Princess has no initiative whatsoever and already has vacation days planned during the busiest time of the month when she is supposed to be doing some of her newly assigned tasks. She lacks any sort of work ethic or sense of responsiblity from what I can tell. I am almost afraid it will be MORE work trying to get her to do her work than if I would just do it. I still find myself extremely frustrated at the situation. But I need to find a way to let it go.....before I get fired for mouthing off to my boss.

Ammi - I do get tender under my belly sometimes. For a long time I was putting diaper rash ointment under there each day. Then I got a yeast infection there from it staying damp all the time and was using anti-fungal spray to clear that up. I have stopped using the ointment except on days that it does feel sore. I don't really have a solution except when it gets sore, I try my best to keep it dry...even going to far as to tuck a soft cloth in there to soak up moisture and to keep skin from rubbing on skin. I sympathize with you. I know it's not very fun to deal with and is something I look forward to getting rid of as I move down the scale. Oh, and as for your comment earlier about Taylor resembling George Clooney, I don't thnk so, but I know others who do...so maybe you don't need glasses after all. To me he looks like a combination of Jay Leno and Mark Cuban, who is the owner of the Dallas Mavericks (NBA team).

Nancy - A couple of threads back you posted your analysis of your cookie craving. I was most impressed at that. You are doing really well at identifying your triggers. I admire your self-knowledge.

dogpal - Your pups are so cute. Dogs are just the best friends to have, aren't they? I am a dog-lover too. I have a little mutt dog named Buster and a cat too. I love them like kids too.

Julee - I am sorry your bridesmaids are causing you stress. Weddings can really stress people out. The thing I remember about mine is that I don't remember much! I was so busy worrying about stuff because I didn't really have any help. Try to remember that the most important thing is you and your groom and focus on that. None of the rest of it matters.

Zelma - The change in you from your before picture is nothing short of amazing. You should be so proud of yourself for that accomplishment. The perserverance you showed in keeping at it to achieve such a weight loss is incredible. You inspire us all and I am glad you are here to show us that it CAN be done!

I'd like to post personals to you all, but I am just too far behind in the threads. But please know that even if I don't post to you I have read all the posts and feel blessed to have found this board and all you wonderful women on it. It is a godsend for me to know others who share my struggle.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 05-06-2006, 07:57 PM   #9  

Ammi ,have you tried corn starch? i use that for my rashes that i get from sweating. allso when i had my radiation treatments i was told to try witch hazel in my bath water. it helped with the burns.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Default Hey Girls!

Hi Everyone!

Just thought I'd pop in and see how you all are doing! Things here have been terribly difficult.

THANKS to AMMI and DOGPAL for checking in on me - I love you guys!!

We found out our nearly 9 year old son has Reactive Attachment Disorder and is Bi-Polar. I'm Bi-Polar so that isn't scary to us, but the RAD is very serious and he has a severe case of it. These are the people that never attach and have no conscience. I'm so scared for this child's future - for those who don't know, we adopted our 4 youngest children. This child was over 3 years old when he came to us and had many issues - the Lord led us to adopt each of our children and we will do whatever we can to help him.

The hardest part of the past few months was when he lied to his teacher and told her we had locked him in his room and wouldn't feed him. The stupid teacher believed him, even knowing his history, and called DCFS. They opened a case against us and it has been a nightmare.

Being falsely accused is SO difficult. I have a degree in elementary/special ed and can't work with kids for 5 years now. I was borderline suicidal when all this went down because my kids are my life. We adopted these children out of love - how could we abuse them? It hurt so bad to think that the teacher and social worker at school would think that. The Principal, who is our friend down the street, BEGGED them to not call, but they did -

So there you have it in a nutshell - my psychologist and psychiatrist switched my meds - I'm now on Effexor and Lamictal (which is a mood stabilizer) - all this because the people at school believed my psychotic child - he lies, steals and has NO conscience and they believed him and didn't even call us. SIGH -

Please keep praying for us and AJ - he needs the prayers more than I do, that's for sure - God Love Him -

I hope you are all doing well - I can't read all the posts - it's so hard just to concentrate on anything - but I'm getting better daily -

Lori
Old 05-06-2006, 10:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Nancy: Thanks for the comments on my furbabies. I just adore them. If there is a school around where you live for nail techs, I would go there. They don't use clippers. Only files. To my experience, they are very gentle and very good. I love going and getting that massage on my arms and hands. It is amazing how relaxing it can be.

Julee: Hugs to you. I'm sure it will all work out for the very, very best. Hang in there. Don't let this wrench ruin your lovely plans.

Xena: Glad that your boss kept to his word and re-assigned the workload. Hopefully the princess will pull her head out and start working. Congrats on going back to ww no matter what the weight is.

Lori: So happy to see you back. I have been praying for your situation and I will continue to pray. Please don't let it get you so far down where you don't want to be alive. You have a beautiful family even if one is a bit mixed up. I know that your husband and other kids and your mom and dad, not to mention your friends here would sure miss the heck out of you. If you ever feel like that again, please talk to someone about it. You are too special to feel so lonely. My brother that passed away in November last year at Thanksgiving commited suicide and everytime I hear that someone gets that low down, I just ache thinking about how low you must feel to consider that no life is better than life. We love you so. Everything will be ok! Take one day at a time. I know you know that God will not give you more than you can handle! Hugs to you. This message is with lots of love.

Blessings everyone,
Dogpal
Old 05-06-2006, 11:21 PM   #12  
Working it out...

Height: 5"8

For those of you not on the exercise thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaLucia

Well, another stellar dance class with LOTS of moving. This time we did "walking pliés" and I hurt my knee a tad. So, I'm medicated and currently lying on the couch, icing my knee. I'm sure I'll be back on track tomorrow as it really only hurts a wee bit. And, I've figured out how to modify the move that hurt me so that I can do it without injury. OH, I so enjoyed myself in class today. Three of my friends whom I have not seen in a long time showed up to dance today. It made the class even more special.

So, I'm adding 90 minutes to today's total. And, that brings my aerobics total to 350 - just 10 minutes shy of my weekly goal.
Dogpal - I certainly believe you are right, God never gives one more than one can handle. In Spanish, we say "Dios apreta pero no ahorca" which is one of my mom's favorite sayings. It translates literally to "God will squeez your neck but not suffocate you." I like the English version better! LOL

Xena - good for you for exercising and not getting discouraged for the weight gain. And good for you for standing up to your boss and getting work taken off your plate. Best of luck with the "princess."

Lori - I am sending you much support.

I'm having another hard day today around my breakup. When I was in therapy this week, my therapist said that I had "being alone" tied up with "being abandoned." "You were abandoned a long time ago," she said referring to my childhood and to my Dad who stopped talking to me 10 years ago. "Now, you are a single woman - it doesn't get more alone than that. But you aren't being abandoned." You know, she hit the nail right on the head. That is how I feel - like this little powerless kid who's been abandoned. She promised we would work on that. I'm very happy she is in my corner.

OK, I'm going to have myself a good cry. It always helps. :-)
Old 05-06-2006, 11:57 PM   #13  
Freedom awaits us

Post Next Weigh in

My next weight in will be Wednesday May 10th in the evening and I plan on staying at the meeting again.

So far so good, we go out alot to eat at a nice resturant close to home.

I've cut out any gravy, french fries, homefries, battered fish & chips and when I have a salad I make sure the salad dressing is on the side, that way I can dip it in [just a little though]. Very little potato and diffently no butter. No butter on my toast either.

The reason we go out alot is, my boyfriend has Mutiple Sclerosis and during the week I go to work all day than he's at home bored to death and wants to go out. He has had MS for 20 yrs. I've known him for 8 yrs. [4 as a friend and 4 yrs now as my boyfriend]. He's such a great guy. But, I must say at times it poops me out working than helping him after work. Don't get me wrong he can do some things but he is not able to go without his walker or wheelchair for to long. He helps as much as he can.

I'm able to convince him to stay in sometimes. Usually on Saturday night we have dinner at home and watch a movie.

Well I will close off now and go back to reading some of your postings.

All the best.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:46 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmiUK
Hello All,

I have a question to ask. Does anybody suffer with soreness under your belly? I have terrible problems myself and after I shower every night Daren has to put nappy (diaper) rash cream under there for me. If anybody else has problems, what do you do to help prevent it?
I have that problem a lot... and I generally sprinkle baby powder or cornstarch there and rub it in a bit. If I still get a rash I use a bit of Benedryl gel -- helps cure it up fast.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Good Morning All,

Oh my goodness, somebody is cooking bacon, they must have their windows open and the smell is coming into my bedroom. Oh how cruel. I love the smell of bacon, even more than the taste of it Good job I have had my breakfast or I would be way too tempted to go make myself a bacon buttie (sandwich).

I have decided to have a day off the housework today. I have a pile of email to catch up on, and I need to write to my mum so I can put her letter in with the card I have bought her for Mother's Day. So I will just have an easy day doing those things.

Julee - I am so glad that you are feeling better now and that you have a friend in mind to replace the one that has had to pull out of the wedding.

I had to laugh when you said how you put a load of stuff in your shopping trolley and ended up putting much of it back. I often do that myself. I think yes I really want something and then I think well I could put the money towards something more practical or whatever and I talk myself out of buying it. Glad to know I am not the only one. It's a shame that you didn't end up buying that dress though, it sounds like you loved it. I just hope you have something else you can wear for the bridal shower etc that makes you feel just as nice in it.

Woohoo on seeing definition now in your ankles and forearms, you are doing so well and you are going to be one gorgeous bride

Brenda - oh I forgot about the scrapbook weekend, and there I was wondering if you were ok. I wish I had a better memory!! How did the weekend go, I hope you had a wonderful time.

Xena - sorry to hear about your gain on the scales, but hey, it wasn't that much, it could have been much worse. I am sure you will lose it again quick smart. I think it's hard to get into the mindset of losing weight because we know how much we need to lose and sometimes it just seems impossible. That's where setting mini goals comes in so handy. It's much easier to diet when you think ok, I want to lose 30 lbs, and then you get to that goal, feel fantastic because of it, then set your next goal.

Thanks for the advice about my under tummy soreness. Do you mind me asking what a yeast infection looks like? I ask because Daren says I have a patch under my tummy that looks like a load of white 'stuff' that doesn't come off when he cleans it for me. I see my doctor tomorrow, perhaps I will ask her about it. She is a really nice doctor but I still hate the thought of lifting my big stomach for her to see under it!

I want to know how Princess got her job in the first place. How many people these days want to hire somebody who doesn't know how to work on their own initiative! She sounds like a right twit, it's not Kellie Pickler is it, Well I just hope that in the long run you do end up with an easier work load.

Oh and thank you for telling me that you know some people that think Taylor resembles George Clooney. It's not that he looks like him per se, it's that he, in my opinion has the same eyes and of course hair colour.

Patti - no I haven't tried corn starch, but I am willing to give anything a go. I am going to try every suggestion I have had and hopefully one of them will work! As for the witch hazel, I quite like the sound of putting that in the bath, I still have to be careful of my old surgical wounds, and I am sure witch hazel will do them the world of good as well as hopefully my tummy.

Hope you are staying away from those scales

Lori - THANK YOU for coming back and posting, it's great to see you here. I am so sorry you have been having such a hard time of it recently. I know you are very upset that the people at school chose to believe your son rather than you over the allegations that he made. I am sure it's not that they believed him, but that they have to follow the rules, and investigate all allegations. Anybody that knows you would know that you would never mistreat a child, or any living thing. But like I said rules are rules, even it they suck.

I like what MariaLucia said, the saying God will squeeze your neck, but not suffocate you. I guess that's something to remember.

Take care and I hope you get chance to post again, and/or email soon

Annie - I am loving watching your ticker go down, you are getting closer and closer to that first goal

MariaLucia - sorry to hear you hurt your knee in dance class, but am glad to hear that you have figured out a way to do that paticular move in future without getting the same injury.

I have to say again how great your therapist sounds. I am sure in time you will be feeling so much better about all that bothers you. By the time you feel ready to leave therapy, and have lost your weight, you are going to be a totally new woman!!

Elaine - ok weigh in is on Wednesday, I am glad all is going well, and I am sure you are going to see a loss. It must be so difficult going out for meals so often, you are so good making the right choices where you can. Did you put a lot of your weight on since being with your BF?

Crock - hope you are having a super Sunday, any Nascar to watch today?

Nancy - do you remember the Cybermen in Dr Who? They are making an appearance in next weeks Dr Who over here. Daren used to be scared of them as a kid, but I wasn't, it was always those horrid Daleks that freaked me out!!

Misti - thanks for your advice on the belly thing, I can't do the talc thing because my doctor said no way should I do that. It's a shame really because it always makes me feel fresher when I do use it. As for the cornstarch, Patti suggested that too, I just have to figure out where to buy it from. Benydryl gel I haven't heard of, so I will ask my doctor about that one.

How are the preparations going towards your cruise, are you getting all those things done that need doing before you go?

Ok well I am going to make a move now, time to get onto those emails. Hope everybody is having a good weekend,

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread