Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #16  

Default pop up blocker

anyone trying to PM me there is a pop up blocker and i am unable to repond to questions.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:22 PM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, girls, let's try for a Chat tonight and see what happens. How about 8:00 EST. Hmmmm, is it still EST, or Daylight Savings Time? Anyway, I think you know what I mean. That would be 7:00 CST.

We don't have a separate room right now, only the main room is up and running. Suzanne will get a new chat client loaded soon. But for now that's what we've got to work with. I log in there and hang out around that time. Hope to see some of you there.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:01 PM   #18  
Teapot Diva-short & stout

Laelle--My daughters are 24 and 26. The youngest was very hard to let go but, sadly, we have to. I can't say I'm crazy about my daughter's boyfriend either but children have a way of wanting the exact opposite of what we want for them. Expressing your doubts may inadvertantly nail your own coffin shut. Try to hold back your pain and let her go--She may come running back--but maybe not. Just let her know the door is always open. Meanwhile, I'd be looking for cheaper digs or a roomie. Hey, it might be fun--think the Golden Girls!!

Hello to everyone else. I was gone last week for my mother's surgery and couldn't get near a computer. Hope everyone is having good luck with their weight loss--BJF
Old 04-10-2006, 09:36 PM   #19  

Doggone it! I never saw that post Thin...but I was at a meeting until 8:30 central time anyway! But I still tried!

Bridget: Good to see you again. Hope your mother is recovering nicely.

Later ladies!
Old 04-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #20  
Hang In There

Sorry Thin, sometimes life gets in my way!!! I didn't leave work until 7:15 then had some ebay stuff I had to get packed to ship in the morning, so It's a lmost 9:30 and I've jusut got a chance to check in. Did anyone meet you?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:49 AM   #21  
determined to lose

Hi
I am back from visiting Carolyn. Totally off program, even had 4 beers last night...got frustrated with Social Security, Medicare, and my Medicare D insurance provider, having trouble getting my meds paid for... bleah! No excuse to drink but it is the only reason I can come up with for why i did it. Not usually a drinker for years and years now. So plenty of empty calories yesterday plus general tso's chicken and fried rice...ugh

Mom will be back from West Virginia Wed night, maybe things will get back to program by then. It is really weird with her gone, so quiet and peaceful. But we are eating out most nights for some reason.

At least I made tuna for lunch, that was good.

Really not looking forward to going to the gym to weigh in. Really, really, not. But will probably go sometime today. Got to get back in the saddle.

I hope all is well with all of you and yours!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:33 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies,

The laptops seems to have recovered from the cappuccino incident and is turning on okay now. Thank goodness. I was not looking forward to having to have it repaired. It is all so darned expensive.

We have someone else coming to look at the house tonight. At least we are finally getting a few showings again. I need to make sure I leave with the house looking good because tonight I'm not going to be home until late. The training class is part of the new LAP (Leadership Accelerator Program) system that runs all week. They have invited all participants out to dinner tonight.

Yesterday was just a bad food day. Too many carbs that left me hungry for more.

Sorry that I don't have time for replies this morning. Just checking in to say hi and to have a good OP day!

Thin - Sorry for missing chat. I didn't see the note until about 8:30 pm.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:08 AM   #23  

Default Good morning

Hi guys, just a quick check in to say howdy. I hope everyones spirits are back up. I will try to check in later, but right now I am running late. Have a wonderful op day everyone. Ruth
Old 04-11-2006, 08:41 AM   #24  
Hang In There

Just checking in: BWT I went t o the Doctor yesterday and had lost 11 pounds by her scales since I was there 8 weeks ago!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:44 AM   #25  

Default hi

great weight loss ! any time you see a loss on dr. scales is a major victory!
Old 04-11-2006, 09:41 AM   #26  
Teapot Diva-short & stout

Way to show us how it's done, Barbara! Love your graphics by the way-BJF
Old 04-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #27  

Hi everyone,

just a quickie from me again I'm afraid, wish I could stay longer as sooooo much to reply to. Big to all of you who are having a hard time at the moment.

Hello and to our new members, looking forward to hearing from you.

Only lost half a pound again, so p*##@d off and frustrated that I had my first cheat - Chinese food! Prawn toast, spring rolls, salt and pepper squid, duck in crab sauce - with boiled rice though, I am on a diet after all!!!!!
It was absolutely, bloody fantastic, I thoroughly enjoyed it, didn't feel guilty and have cut right back today to try and help make up for it.

Toodle pip for now, off to bed for some sleep now as I'm at work in an alarmingly few hours time.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

'Evening, ladies!

Figured while I'm sitting here chatting with Honey (in Mexico still) that I would write to you all. I like multi-tasking. Poor thing, he's stuck in Juarez, in a Hilton Garden Inn, surrounded by 8' fences with barbed wire. NOT the best conditions. Then the guy he travelled with has gone to El Paso the last two nights to "meet with clients" so Honey has had to sit in the hotel with no car to go anywhere (not that he would go anywhere in Juarez anyway ). It's really a shame. I feel bad for him.

Anyway, life here goes on. I'm trying to kick my procrastination gene to the side of the road and trying to get motivated to go clean off my dining room table. I'm having 2cute and Susie over for lunch on Thursday and they CANNOT see this house in this condition!!!

BTW, somebody asked, I don't remember who..... hmmmm, maybe Ruth....anyway, no, there is no Spring Fling this year. Circumstances just didn't warrant it happening so......maybe next year.

I went with my mom to traffic court on her accident that she had back in February. She was sooooo nervous. How ever did I get so laid back? It sure wasn't from her! Anyway, the girl that hit her (my mom got the ticket though) didn't show up so the judge dismissed the ticket and she was free to go. No fine, no nothing. Mom was pretty pleased!

Terri: Glad you got the pen and the horses all tucked in. You mentioned your mom, did I miss that she's moved up by you permanently? I know you were going down to get her one weekend, but it almost sounded like she was there. *Glad you're at least getting some traffic through your house....finally. The market is just horrible here. Of course the automotive industry is taking a real down turn so that's part of our problem in this neck of the woods. I don't think the realtor on the other house is trying to undercut you by mentioning the contingency. He's just trying to do his job of getting other potential buyers in for his clients in case you can't come up with something by next week. It's too bad. But I'm guessing he probably isn't going to get much traffic on that place either if the market is just BAD. Chances are that house won't sell either and maybe it will all work out in the end.

Barb: CONGRATS on the nice loss! Good for you! *I tried to PM you when I saw your little egg lit up about chatting at 9:30, but by the time I sent it, you were gone. There were a couple of people in chat, but no one from here.

Lilion: Thanks for the nice compliment. I'm glad you like when I'm here. It sounds like all in all you had a pretty nice anniversary. Did I ever tell you that some years ago Honey and I started going out to a store for our anniversary? We each stand forever in front of the card section. We pick out the card we want to give each other. Exchange them. Hug. And put them back in the rack. It really saves on $$$$$!!! *As far as "pointedly remarking"....doesn't usually work with MEN! It has to be less subtle like "Honey, I want THOSE for our anniversary which is BTW coming up next Tuesday. DON'T forget!!" Then, if you're lucky, they remember what you said. Most of the time, they weren't listening to you to begin with.

Patti: Does your pop-up blocker really stop the PMs from here? I have a blocker, but I still get my PMs. Hmmmm.... I wonder why that is?

Bridget: How's your mom doing? Hope everything went well. *My BOYS are 24 and 26. Maybe we should hook them up with your girls. They really are very NICE boys! Do you think Michigan to Iowa would be a too long distance for a love affair????

Garnet: Nice to see you back. I see you're using your time as a bachelorette wisely just like me.....eating good, exercising......yeah, right. That's happening. Time to get back with the program. YOU and ME!!!

Ruth: I swear, you're always running late these days. Geez, free up your time a little bit and off you go. Hope you're having some fun.

Lesley: Good for you having your splurge and then getting right back on track. That just means that some of those good habits you've formed are sticking with you. CONGRATS on the 1/2 pound! There's nothing wrong with that. Don't discount it. It was in the right direction....DOWN!!! Good for you!

Well, girls, I think I've caught you all. See ya later. Love ya bunches!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's try for CHAT again. I realize that the last one was sorta last minute notice. How about THURSDAY, let's say 8:00 EST/7:00 CST.....or any other suggestions for a time you all might have. That way there is plenty of notice and you all can try and put it in a calendar, memory, or whatever else works for you. If you can't make it at that time and need to be early or late, just mention it and I'll try and just hang out in the chatroom Thursday evening. I know, I know, it's Survivor night, but we could tape it and not spill the beans until everyone's had a chance to watch it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-12-2006, 12:07 AM   #29  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys.... I made it to MIchigan and can't wait to see Thinthinker and Susie on thursday.
My daughter's computer is on the fritz and I haven't been able to get on it all day today. She said it locks up all the time... and it DOES !!!! Grrrr
I don't know why it is working now.... it has a mind of it's own. LOL

Lillion... my mood is better... but I am still struggling with depression. I am soooo frustrated with myself and this weight problem. GIRLS .... get it off NOW .... I am struggling sooooo hard with mobility. I am in constant pain and can barely get in and out of cars... and barely can get in my daughters house because of a few steps. I just want to cry every time I struggle moving. Your body might carry this weight NOW... but trust me... after years and years ... it just gives up. Don't let another day go by carrying this excess weight. LOSE IT NOW !!!!

Okay... I have got to get to bed. My daughter is getting off work early tomorrow and I need to get up early and be ready to go as soon as she gets home.

Congratulations to BARBARA G and everyone else who has lost weight.
{{HUGS }} to everyone in need of hugs.
And to my fellow American Idol fans.... what did you think of the singers tonight ?? I was glad to see Taylor doing his thing again. I did not like him in the beginning... but he has come to grow on me.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:14 AM   #30  

Smile Good morning!

Hello ladies, I thought I had better get in here and try to do a few replies. It has been a busy two weeks for me. I have been enjoying my freedom to the max. So much to do and so little time to do it in. My Mom is already talking about coming home. sheeesh. I hope she will settle in up there for a month or two anyway. I think I am going to have to have cataract surgery. I know they are on my eyes, but they were not ready to be removed the last time I saw my opthamologist. I noticed the last time I drove the car that my eyesight was rather blurred, can't have that! OK, so I am falling apart. LOL! I told you, getting old!

I so totally agree with 2cute about losing the weight now while you are in your 40s or 50s anything over that is a major undertaking. The older you get the slower the body gives up the fat. Mine simply refuses to let go of the least bit after a few weeks of being op. Starting and stopping is not helping things either. GRRRR! Mobility has been a problem for awhile too. I can so relate to hurting when you get in and out of the car. On top of that I stay sore for days after riding for any distance. BAH, Phooey! Whoever said getting old gracefully must have been young, no such thing!

Barb, That is a great weight loss. You should be so proud of yourself.

Thin, I hope you and 2cute and Susie have a nice visit. Sorry but I won't make it to chat. I can't do those things, I get lost. LOL! Sounds as if you are motivated to do some cleaning. Having guests will do that for you.

Terri, It sounds as if your horses are in a better place now. That must take some pressure off of the need to find a place with pasture. I hope one of those people who look at your place will love it and buy it. It took us two years to sell our house in Fl. and it was right on the ocean. A nice big house, but it didn't sell until I put new carpet in, and then the first woman that looked at it bought it. Go figure! You would think that people could see the potential without new carpet, but I guess not. I will say that the old shag green was not attractive though.

Lesley, I would love to lose 1/2 lb. It is much better than none or even worse gaining. Be proud!

Bridget, Hi, How is it going? Hope your Mother is recovering well.

Garnet, Ok, time to get back on the wagon now.

Lilion, UMM, yep, Are you hiding? I didn't see much from you on here either. Maybe you are really busy, or off program mayhaps? Whatever it is....come on I miss your humor.

I think that is enough for now. Have a good op day everyone. Ruth
Closed Thread