Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#856

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 03-13-2006, 02:29 PM   #2  

Hi Everyone!

First... to Mindy and ThisGirls .... may you find the support, the laughs, and the commeraderie here that so many have

AND..... in the last thread, there were MILESTONES that shouldn't go unnoticed. Crock? Tea???? You both went below 300!!!!!!!!! And Kayley -- You are getting SOOO close... you can almost spit on it!!! I know a couple others noticed that, too... but sometimes starting a new post makes details get lost. Didnt' want those to get lost--

Countess-- so sorry about your family friend. I hope that friends and family are helping each other through.

I'm back from NYC -- the work part went well, the fun part was GREAT and Tasha ... I did the same thing that you did with that great old fashioned burger you had... while in NYC, I had teh BEST pizza in the world. Now, I KNOW that I wouldn't normally do that, and there were calories in there that I should be turning down.. but I dont' regret it at all. It's my favorite pizza in New York (actually.. ANYwhere) and if I couldn't make those choices to do things like that once in a while, then I probably would be cracking under the pressure. Besides... my justification is I walked SOOO much while in New York. Yea... I can rationalize anything. But I still don't regret it. Guess we'll find out this Thursday at WI if I have any adverse consequences.

Violet glad your brothers' birthday party was a success. So great when it all works out. I bet he loved the card you made, too, didn't he?

Dogpal-- Hope your sister is doing well. She's in my thoughts.

oh.. and Mindy... don't let ANYONE talk you into the surgery unless YOU want it. You have to manage the consequences... good and bad.. from that decision. That's not a reversable decision, either. I hope you find what you need without it and, if not, you research it well and made the decision that is best for YOU...

Lots of losses it seems, in here.. congrats to those who are shrinking! lol For those of you not seeing the difference at the scales, hang in there! Stay strong, all.

Have a good afternoon....2Losin'It.... Melanie
Old 03-13-2006, 02:29 PM   #3  

Amy - I recently started a scrapbook, and I like it...helps pass the time. BTW, I LOVE "Scrubs"!!! Probably my favorite Tv show.

Tracey - Congrats on your loss!!!! Keep it up!!!!

Melinda - Hello and to 3FC, and to the forum! Can't help you out with a walking buddy, as I'm in Michigan! Are you following any sort of diet? I hope to get to talk to you soon!

ThisGirlsLosing - Welcome! I've seen you on the exercise thread, and glad you decided to come over here! Good luck getting up so early!

Dogpal - Great to see you again!!! I know...I'm getting so close, and now I'm freaking out about gaining it all back...

Crock - Congrats on getting into the 2's!!! I'm here, I'm here!

My computer decided to go boom. Well, we need a recovery disk, so Mom's going to order one, and hopefully it'll get here sometime this week...but for now, I'm in the computer lab, working on work...DURING SPRING BREAK. UGH. Oh well...
Old 03-13-2006, 02:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 334/313/150

I always go to school to do computer stuff. I haven't broken down and gotten high speed so I'm still on dial up haha plus there are no children here who want things from me.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:46 PM   #5  
South Beach Life Style

Kayley~~ glad to see you,, was concerned, I look forward to your posts. Are you out of the computer for a while,, your posts will be limited now? huh? huh? sorry for so many questions

2losinit ~~ that was a good idea to sumarize the last thread,, good thinken
Old 03-13-2006, 03:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

Val: good to see you. When do you get back home? How is the puppy liking the road?

Honiangel: -6 is awesome! Congrats

Sharon: Hi. Glad to see you post too.

Ammi: I'm glad that you had a great time at the movies. Now back on track for the two of us.

Crock: Feel better soon. Congrats on the minus 2 pounds and especially on being in the 2's!

Countess: Yea on your -4

Kayley: Keep positive honey. Don't worry about gaining it back just keep on doing what you are doing and it will be gone before you know it. Hang in there.

Big hugs to everyone. Missing lots of ol timers like Mom2Fivesweetness (Lori) if you are lurking, come back please. Shadiepurple you too girl. Well as for me, I have lots of house work to do today. I have been putting it off for a long time. Not too messy but for me it is. Thanks for all of the good wishes and prayers for my sister. I haven't heard yet how she is. She lives in Sacramento CA and had to drive to San Jose for the surgery. One of my other sisters and my brother is with her too.

Blessings all,
Dogpal
Old 03-13-2006, 03:41 PM   #7  
South Beach Life Style

DOGPAL~ It seems a lot have left the thread,, I do hope everyone is okay,, as well......................I need to get off my butt and work on 3 rooms that are mine here............. just have energy to do everything "I want to do" however,, none for the chores..ugh
Old 03-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #8  

Crock - Well, I'm going to be down here in the computer lab a few times this week, so I'll be able to check in...as for home, it all depends how soon they get the recovery disk out to us...

Dogpal - Hope it all went well for your sister.

I feel so guilty, because I had a salad from McDonalds last night...the ranch was NOT the best for a diet...but today's a new day...and HEY! At least I had a SALAD, right?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #9  

Hi, everyone.

Welcome, newbies.

Congrats, losers. (Way to go Tea!)

Well, looks like I'm so excited that spring finally got here that I'm doing lots of things I don't normally do.

I chopped off my hair yesterday and put blonde highlights in it. I wanted to show it to you guys. (You can't see the highlights too well in the house.) I was worried that I was too big to have such short hair, but got a lot of compliments today at work just the same.

It's so nice to be able to share things with you guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new hair 2006 1.jpg (23.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg new hair 2006 2 50percent.jpg (13.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 03-13-2006, 05:17 PM   #10  

Tasha, I think your haircut looks great!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 334/321/165

Kayley- I'm not following any sort of "diet" per se, but I am paying attention to what I put in my mouth, and why I am doing it. If I eat only when I'm hungry and in moderate amounts, I don't do bad. It's when I get bored, or start my emotional eating that I just stick anything and everything in my mouth, and eat until I could almost blow up (at least that's what it feels like). I also didn't pick something like South Beach or Adkins, or even weight watchers, because I've come to the point in my life where I've realized that I have to be able to continue this for life, and on plans, I seem to tire easily. I also have to be able to afford the groceries. As a military family of 4, we do pretty well, but it can be difficult at times. I have started introducing a lot more fish and lower fat choices into our diets, and even though my family aren't the ones that need to lose weight, it's good for them to eat healthy also. I'm not saying that I'm not going to enjoy the occasional happy meal, I've tried that, and it just doesn't work for me. Sorry, I'm going on and on again.

Melanie- The topic of surgery has been on the table since about 2002. It's not something I want to do. I've looked at both sides, talked to people who have had the surgery, both good and bad results. And I still really want to lose the weight myself without having a permanently body altering medical procedure. The surgery scares me. Not having the surgery, and not losing the weight, scares my husband and family. I have a long road ahead.

Congrats to all of you who are changing their life one pound at a time! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Oh and you all can call me Mindy, it's easier as that is what my friends and family call me. Melinda is my legal name.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Crock - my friend that is FAB news about you losing that 2 lbs and getting into the 200s now. I have been trying so long to get there myself, the journey seems never ending, BUT I will get there.

Tasha - I love your new hair style, it really suits you! I am growing my hair because I feel like having it as short as I like it makes my head look like a pea on my shoulders. I will grow it and grow it and then when I lose a lot of weight I will be straight to the hair salon to get it cut short again

Annie - yes it's back on track for the both of us and let's hope the next time that we get on the scales we see some lbs off.

Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-13-2006, 07:02 PM   #13  

I believe that I told you girls that I was working on dreadfalls to wear to my concert on April 1st. I'm still adding plastic to one of them, but the other one is completely done!!!! I'll post a pic with them ON ME when I'm completely done, but here's a general idea...
Picture 042 (3).jpg
Old 03-13-2006, 07:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Kayley - loved the photo of the dreadfalls, I am sure you will look great wearing them and really stand out in the crowd. I look forward to seeing that photo when you get one.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #15  

Ammi - Awww, thanks...although the whole standing out in the crowd thing....not so much! LOL! This is traditional headgear for the cybergoth/industrial!
Closed Thread