Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #16  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Ugh, yesterday was horrible! I ate all kinds of crap that I hadn't intended to...I just got lazy and lost all sense of will power. It was supposed to be a planned low-cal day and ended up at over 3000 calories! I sure paid for it, though--I felt sick and didn't have and Pepto or anything, so I drank a can of ginger ale. It at least settled my stomach enough so I could fall asleep. All the more incentive to NOT eat like that again...
Old 02-28-2006, 09:21 AM   #17  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Good morning ladies. I got a new pair of exercise sneakers yesterday and I'm so excited (doesn't take much these days). I'm going to break them in today. My goals for today are to drink plenty of water and exercise and what an incentive I have with my new kicks.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:00 AM   #18  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Girls.

I hope all of you are doing okay today,

Tash~~ So sorry about "aunt Margaret" being such a pain when she visits.. My Aunt Margaret is the "Worst" Company,, Take Care,, and I hope you get your problem resolved.

Ammi~~ How is my favorite chatter? (lol) Grays Anatomy sucked on Sunday,, I was just not happy at all with the way the episode went,, IT was not , Spontanious and shocking,, ,Since the "Code Black" it has been pretty good, but I think they just out did there selves.. George told everybody he and Merideth slept together,, he over heard Meridath and Alex talking and he assumed that she had told everyone, so he took a yelling fit (i swear george has trets) and the entire hospital heard him,, AT the end of the episode, he slept over at Christines apartment, ( her boyfriends, cant remember his name for some reason) That is about it..Be good ammi.

Take Care All and I hope to check in more than I have been,,
Old 02-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #19  
South Beach Life Style

teahoney~New sneakers,, I have a shoe fettish,,, I just cant get enough of them,,,
Old 02-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #20  
I'm In Exile

S/C/G: HUGE/HUGE/Semi-Normal

I'm new here, I have a few posts over on the South Beach boards but since I'm also 300+, I wanted to say hello over here too
Old 02-28-2006, 10:58 AM   #21  

Talking

Greetings everyone!

I am in a strangely good mood today. I think it's the clothes. I went shopping in my friend's closet the other day and took back a bunch of clothes I couldn't wear that I'd loaned her. Now I can wear them and she can't. Take that! Actually, the skirt I'm wearing is a 24 and at least a size too big...but it looks good with the top she gave me that she bought on sale and never wore...still has the tags on it. Size 18-20! Some of the size 20 dresses are still too small in the hips. (I've got those "child-birthin'" hips!)

Countess ~ The more the merrier!

Tashabella ~ I HATE Aunt Flo! Have you had such things checked out recently? I was having similar problems and turns out I have fibroids. I am now contemplating a minor procedure that basically cauterizes the uterus and stops it almost completely. Since I'm done with kids...sounds pretty good. But then of course, after going to the Dr. and getting this option proposed, my last TOM was perfectly normal-light even!

HippeeMomma ~ I'm so glad to see you back! With all that you've had going on...it's very good you are taking the time to be good to yourself!

Curvee ~

Well all, I managed to get in a whole 3 minutes 10 seconds on the eliptical! At this rate I'll be up to 1/2 hour in about a year!

Time to run...later ladies!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Well I'm back, had an awful 'holiday' at my parents', the boys were very naughty, not sleeping & constantly fighting, my parents were grumpy and moaned most of the time AND I didn't get much walking done as it rained most of the time, was very cold and the wind was so strong it almost blew you off your feet. I am ashamed to admit I GAINED 9lbs over 2 weeks, but today it looked like 6lbs so I will add that to my tracker and buckle down. I can't exercise as I had the op yesterday and I have to 'rest' for 2-3 days, with 2 small kids, who's he kidding? Steve had yesterday off but has to go back to work tonight. I hope they settle down as my tummy is sore and I feel drained.
Sorry about your loss Amber, but we are here for you.
I have to go but I hope you are all well and getting exercise and good food in your bodies.
xxsharon
Old 02-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Sorry I forgot to mention Hippy Momma, words cannot express the sorrow & pain you must be experiencing, just remember we are all here for you.
xxxsharon
Old 02-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #24  

Thanks everyone.

Well today is day 2. I kind of messed up day 1 just a bit. I ate very well but did go to spend the evening with a good friend and drank a few glasses of wine. I didn't even think about the fact that wine has calories too. lol. But, I am happy that I didn't put that wine on top of a lot of unhealthy crap. I just had a delicious Subway sandwich for lunch and I'm stuffed. Haven't started any sort of exercise yet... I'm holding off until I reach the 6 week post c-section mark. Still healing and all that. I'm really happy Spring is around the corner because I'm anxious to take my kids for nice long walks in the double stroller. Our city recently constructed a few miles of walkway next to a river and I've never even been there to check it out.

Also, I'm going on a cruise with a group of good friends next February. This gives me some great motivation... I'd love to be down at least 75 lbs. by then.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:09 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

I haven't had a good day so far today, mainly because I felt like I was going to throw up most of the day. When I eventually did, I felt much better. But I spent most of the day in bed, and didn't do my exericisng. BUT I am being good, I am going to go downstairs half an hour before I have to start making tea, and I will exercise then. I know if I let myself go a day without doing it that it will be too easy to let myself go another day. I already spent all last week without exercise, so I am not going to be slack this week.

Sharon - lovely to see you back, though it's a shame you didn't have a good time at your parents.

Nancy - thanks for your message, I know I was being over sensitive, but it's still nice to know that I was missed.

Catherine - you are right, when I notice people missing for a while I can't help but wonder if they have fallen off the wagon, and I tend not to mention anything just in case I am right. I didn't think that perhaps people might have thought that was what happened to me.

Kayley - yes maam, I promise to not go awol again, if nothing else it's nice to check in and find out what everybody is doing.

I hope you can sort things out with Andrew. I hope I am not talking out of place here, but if there is even the slightest feeling on your part that you are staying with him because you don't think anybody else would find you attractive, then you are mistaken. You can and will find love again if you decide that Andrew isn't the man for you

Crock - thanks for the update on Grays Anatomy, I hope I can catch you online sometime soon to see if there's any news on Will and Grace lol.

Countess - welcome. I think this is a wonderful forum because it makes all the difference talking amongst people who know what it's like to need to lose as much weight as we do. I hope you enjoy dong the SB diet. I am a WW gal.

Tasha - I am sorry you ended up in a bit of a mess with your heavy bleeding last night. Can't you go on the pill or something to help with your periods. By the way, don't mean to be gross here, but here's something that might make you feel not so bad when you do end up in a similar mess again, be thankful you aren't me. Remember the other night my ostomy bag came off in bed, and me, and the bed ended up covered in, well you know what. Now that is a real big nightmare. Funnily enough, of all the times my bag has come off in bed, not once has Daren got hit lol. See there's always a silver lining somewhere

Jill - sorry you felt so poorly after your over indulgence. Doesn't it suck that when we do overeat these days not only are we damaging our diets, but it's not as fun as it used to be!! I hope you feel better by the time you read this.

Garnetfairy - welcome back. I hope with your brother gone for two weeks and no tempting fast foods coming into the house because of that, that you will find it much easier to stay OP. How are you doing with the exercise?

Luan - glad that you weren't the biggest or oldest in your class like you thought you might be. It must be amazing having all that make up to play with. Mind you I have had the same mascara, eye liner, eye shadow, blusher and lipstick for the last 10 years lol. You can tell I hardly ever wear it. It's not because I think I am beautiful without it, it's just that I think it's not the real me under a face of make up. That's why I have never gone to a job interview, nor been on a date with a guy with make up on. Although I did used to wear it when I had a spate of nightclubbing before I met Daren. I think I needed my mask then lol.

To everybody else a big hello, hugs to those that need them, and to those who have been having NSVs or SVs

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-28-2006, 12:50 PM   #26  

The appointment with the dietitian yesterday was interesting. Unfortunately she is going to have to do some research to figure out which feeding tube formula might work with my strange allergies & all, so it will probably be another week, by the time you add in ordering it & getting my medical supply company to send it out. In the mean time, I'm still winging it, using the powdered diet drinks I use to use before I went on the feeding tube- they wouldn't be so bad, except that the feeding tube pump thinks something is wrong if the formula isn't perfectly mixed, so I've been getting woken up a lot at night lately; plus they are a lot lower calorie then the formula I'm use to using. She is okay with me using meal replacement bars to help make up for lack of calories & just trying to eat what I can tolerate- which changes from day to day unfortunately. Her recommendations are 1700 calories per day- that's with trying to lose 1-2 pounds per week, or so. She also wants me to have 66-83 grams of protein per day. I was doing pretty good- my FitDay averages for the past two weeks has been 1614 calories & 75gr protein per day. My lowest day calorie wise was just under 1000, which is lower then the 1200 calories per day minimum she recommends never going below, so that is one area I really need to work on. She said she knows my calories will be up & down when I rely on oral intake more, but to try to keep the weekly average as close to 1700 as possible, without going below 1200, if I can help it. Hopefully we'll get the formula stuff figured out so that I can depend on it for about 60-75% of my calories again. All this eating all day long is a lot of work- since I have to eat so slowly, it seems like I either am fixing foods, eating, or just got done eating. Some days I don't even finish what was suppose to be my breakfast until well after lunch time, which makes it hard to get enough calories/nutrients in those days.

Lillion- I survived 5 minutes on my cross country skier yesterday- I really wanted to quit by 3 minutes, hung in there until 4 some how & the only way I made it to 5minutes was thinking that you were going to be doing the same the on the elliptical. How about aiming for 5 minutes again today?...I know I'm no were near being able to up my time a single second more

Garnet- I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem when it comes to Ebay Its funny, I won't buy anything or only an item or two occasionally then all of sudden I end up on a shopping spree. At least you won't have any excuses not to work out with all those videos (PS- I've been picking mine up at the thrift stores lately...I've got some pretty good ones, though I still need to find some more WATP ones)

NottheCheat- Its funny that even after 4-5 years of my stomach not tolerating chocolate, I still somehow forget & try to eat it...you would think I would learn, but no. The thought of peppers in chocolate- that would definitely be one I'd be safe around- I might be able to convince myself chocolate could be okay, but not peppers

Tasha- I agree with Lillion on checking into the newer procedures- my GYN brought it up as a possibility last year, but thankfully my body has finally gotten back on track & all. The 3 years without periods- as a side effect of one of the nausea meds I'm on- was nice; but that first year having to adjust to dealing with them again was miserable- I didn't even have emergency supplies on hand or anything & do you know how much they changed the products in that time? I felt like a teenager again, trying to figure out what would work the best.

Sharon- I'm sorry your vacation wasn't better I always remember my mom, when either my one sister & her family would visit us or we would visit her in Tennessee, mom would give them money for a night at a hotel while we watched their 4 kids. It was the only time they ever got to spend alone.

HippieMomma- I'm glad you're sticking around and making the changes you need to be happy & healthy. You've been through so much in the past few months with your marriage/divorce & sweet little Owen. Remember we are all here for you

Catherine- You inspired me to get my rings out & try them on. I can wear the amber one, no problems- claudaugh would go on if I got my hand wet first, but I'd be worried with it fitting that tight...maybe when I earn my next step of releasing 15 pounds I'll be able to wear it again. If you ever do go to Ireland, there is a great B&B in Longford I've stayed at a couple times. Also, the taxi company in Longford is owned by distant cousins of mine- makes it easier for getting around I loved the midlands- its nice to get away from the touristy areas & really see what Ireland is like. There's so much other stuff I could tell you too- if you decide to do it on a budget, there is a circuit bus program that is really cheap & you decide how long you're going to stay in each place. Now getting you there without flying-thats going to be a problem...and just how did you get up to Canada from Florida?
Old 02-28-2006, 01:06 PM   #27  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Kayley – The iPod worked great. I was so good to get some new songs and to now know what was coming next. The best of last night was definitely Peek-A Boo by Siouxsie and the Banshees – that really got me going. Also, with the cd player, sometimes if I didn’t hold onto the sides I would shake the treadmill a bit and the cd would skip – very annoying. That won’t happen anymore!

Luan – Hearing about all your make-up makes me wish we all lived close together and could have a makeover party or something. Oh well. Hope school gets more interesting.

Garnet – I was wondering where you had gotten to. Sorry to hear that the fast food was getting to you and hope your weigh in day goes OK tomorrow.

Tashabella – Excessive bleeding was how I discovered I had a fibroid too. I was actually talking to a co-worker in my office and was standing by my chair. I felt this gush and when he left the room I noticed there was blood all over the floor. Thank goodness he didn’t notice. I was like the last day of my period so I shouldn’t have been bleeding. I would definitely get it checked out if you can. Also, watch your iron levels. If you are losing a lot of blood you could become anemic and start to feel really run down.

Jill – Sorry to hear that you went off plan yesterday. I wish I could remember better those bad feelings of indulging before I start, but so often all I remember is how good a certain food tastes.

Tracey – New sneakers are so cool. Hope you have fun breaking them in!

Crock – I have never seen Gray’s Anatomy, but I am not a big fan of hospital shows. I am total wimp when it comes to blood and I always have to cover my eyes whenever they do any shots of surgeries or anything like that.

Countess – Welcome!!

Lillion – Glad to hear your mood is up and that you had a good closet shopping session.

Sharon – Sorry to hear that your ‘holiday’ was so awful. Maybe your gain is mostly water weight, because 9 pounds in 2 weeks seems pretty difficult to do.

HippieMomma – It will definitely take some time for your body to heal. Hopefully it will be in time for some nicer weather come the spring. Giving up wine and beer are hard for me. I still have it – just a lot less than I used to, and I make sure to count the calories.

Ammi – Sorry to hear you were feeling lousy. Hopfully the rest of the day will be better.

Well, my good news of the day was that I stepped on the scale this morning since it was the last day of the month. It is not official until Thursday (and who knows what can happen until then) but the scale said 325.6, which means I am almost at my first goal! I normally round, so hopefully I can get it down to 325.4 for Thursday so I can officially call it 325. That would be very cool. Anyway, lunch is about over and I should get going. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #28  

Actually, I do have two fibroids. I also have PCOS and this has been semi-normal for me. I probably shouldn't complain about one night of being aggravated ~ there have been times when I have had this for 1 1/2 years at a time (non-stop). It's just so frustrating.

I've been anemic since I was 17 (21 years). I can't tolerate iron supplements ~ I'm one of the 1% of the people on the planet who get rectal bleeding when they take iron.

I had my GYN check-up recently so everything is OK there except for the additional mammogram/sonogram that are needed. We'll see what that turns up. I asked for a referral for a sonogram to see if the fibroids are growing larger, but I'm going to delay going and getting that done for a while. I just can't handle that and the mammogram stuff right now.

I go for my annual check-ups faithfully, but I may switch to a new doctor this year. I hate my insurance and am thinking about going on my husband's instead. My doctor only seems to be interested in delivering babies ($$$ ~ they are starting a new delivery ward in our local hospital) and not dealing with complex GYN issues. I love him to death ~ he has saved my butt a hundred times ~ but sometimes it is time to try someone else. I'll be checking into that later in the year.

Ammi ~ You're right ~ what happened to you is worse. (And I was worried about getting blood on our new sheets!) I hope your husband is supportive. I get the feeling he is.

Christine ~ If you don't mind me asking, why do you have a feeding tube? (If you posted about it previously, I didn't see it.) You don't have to say, but I am just curious. I hope that you get everything working well soon. It must be frustrating not to have everything working right.

Notthecheat ~ I've had stuff happen like what happened to you, but never that bad. I'm glad the guy didn't notice! I'm sure that part had to be a relief.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Seems like lots of us are grumbling and fussing and feeling poorly lately. I got sick over the weekend (some kind of respiratory thing?) and have been home sick from work. I had been looking forward to wearing some skirts to work I hadn't worn in AGES, but not when I feel like crap!

I hope everyone who's feeling crappy starts to feel better soon!

Hippiemomma -- Just wanted to say I'm glad to see you here! Don't worry about not having perfect days, there's a new day to try tomorrow.

Countess -- welcome!
Old 02-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #30  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Luan...where is your school? I wonder how close to my office you are. Maybe we could meet for lunch or coffee one day. I can take you to my fave places to get great OP lunches around here!!

We had a full veggie tray left over from the party the other night so I have been eating the little veggies non-stop. I am not expecting good things tomorrow night..but it's my own damn fault.

Loads of errands and stuff to get done this week...the weather has been changing again, we had loads of rain last night and it's supposed to rain again on Friday. I need to get out the Airborne again so I don't get sick this weekend.

OMG...I was at an open mic night for comedians..and this one woman got up and was doing her routine. She is about 5'4 and looks like a nice size 8-10 or so. So she mentions that she lost 130 lbs and then gets out her extra skin from inside her pants and starts making faces with it (it fit into the act)!!! I was laughing but at the same time I was a little freaked out...not by the fact that she did it..but more worried that when all is said and done that I am going to be left with a lot of extra skin and the potential need for cosmetic surgery that won't be covered by insurance. I guess there are worse problems to have though

Happy Tuesday...
Closed Thread