Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #31  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Default Am I finally officially caught up yet ???

Howdy, howdy Chickadees!!

Ammi * That together 24/7 thing would start to drive me crazy... actually, I live that in the truck, and although I love him dearly (especially lately for all his wonderful support with this journey) he drives me just batty sometimes. We do better than most people would living in only 42 square feet of space. I always tell my dog-friends that we don't put our dog in a crate - we live in one WITH him. *** I hope you finally got that new bed, and I'm really impressed and glad for you for all the walking you've been doing lately!

Nancy * Loved what you said about mead and dieting - a matter of putting the right ingredients together and waiting. * Good luck with your car repair! Wow that's a heck of a bill!!!

Zelma * I clicked your link to your pics and I don't know where I posted about it or if you saw, so I have to say again - beyond words! You're unrecognizable, you've recreated yourself, and you look fantastic!! You even make me feel like there's hope that my face will look normal when I get further along on this journey. I'd already told dh that I'd need plastic surgery just to get a job! *** I hope your new boy is smiling more. It's so hard on the little ones when all they know is that someone they love and need is gone away. My heart goes out to him. *** Here's wishing you more moderate temps, as well!

Heather * You've got a great way to look at things and use the opportunity to keep your relationship fresh and open. That's really nice!

Carolem * I'll have to look for your face tapping post. That sounds interesting, and somehow I've missed it while I was away. Welcome to the neighborhood, too.

NOTE TO SELF (and whoever): DON'T FORGET TO DRINK WATER TODAY.

Kayley * Good 4 U!!! Fitting that 13 minutes in when you could. If you can elevate your heart rate even for a few minutes, you've increased your metabolism and stuff. That's the way to go! * Just keep on doing what you're doing and you'll see your confidence grow towards where it SHOULD be, and every day you'll realize that you ARE beautiful, just as we see you... you're outnumbered, you know!

Brenda * I'd find it so hard to live with a starch addict - actually, my girlfriend Barb & her daughter that live with us are starch addicts now that I think of it. They start the day with various cereals, eat all kinds of bread, rice, pasta, chips and sweets... or did till I outlawed at least the sweets anywhere in the kitchen. But at least I don't have to cook for their tastes. I do cook for everyone, but I don't take requests that violate my diet. In this house you're welcome to whatever's on the table, but you have to go get your own starch, cuz I ain't servin' it! Barb goes to Curves with me and is trying to lose weight. She hasn't lost much (if you don't count the 135 lb total LOOOOOOOOser boyfriend she left behind) but she's toned up & her diet is a lot healthier since she's lived here. *** I like your scale beside the fridge idea. I'm a little compulsive about it myself, so I understand. I try to limit myself to the scale at Curves... or any scale just like it, or the ones in the truckstops, or our bathroom scale, or....

TO Jilly, VooDoo, Mookie-bren, Sunshine, Teahoney, Bryttani, Sheri, Mrh29, Garnet, Christine, Wyllenn, (taking another breath) Catherine, Vicki, Wendy, dolfingirl, Dogpal, jjmoreta, 2LosinIt, all the other Sharons, and ALL the other great ladies - Thanks for taking the time to share your journeys, read any of my ramblings and Best wishes to you all for a healthy, successful day... with no rain .... unless, of course, you're in one of those dry places that needs it.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:20 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon All,

I just got back from the doctors with Beth, she has a chest infection. So I will be keeping her off school tomorrow. I have to go out with her though because now I need for her to see her ENT consultant again, she has had really bad rining in her ears again. If it's not one of us sick it's another. Thankfully Caleigh seems to be well lol.

Sunshine - way to go on keeping up with your diet, I will look forward to seeing your posts with updates on how the weight is coming off.

MsCrocket - I see you decided to definitely go with Atkins again. Good luck when you start again on Monday.

Heather - do you have any pics of your dog that youc could show us. I bet a dalmation/lab mix must be quite unusual. Does the dog have any deafness, Dalmations are one breed of dog that suffer from that a lot.

I hear you on the roller coaster rides. We all love theme parks but since my surgeries and since I put on so much weight I refuse to go to them. I refuse to just be the chief bag holder while everybody else has fun. And I don't see why I should pay to enter these places if I can't go on anything. So as a treat to us all, and a reward to me, I am planning on us all going to Alton Towers, a fab theme park in England, in October, if we go on the last day they have a late opening and a fireworks display. Just fitting on the rides will make my day, and we will all have a fabulous time. I hope you lose enough wait by the time you go to Kings Dominion to fit every ride you want to.

Tracey - nice to see you back. I wondered where you had gone to. Sorry that you had a bit of time off track, and that you aren't exactly 100% back on it. But enjoy that superbowl party, and start afresh on Monday. You can do it, and you are here again, so that proves you want to do it.

Brenda - what you do with the scales and weighing whenever you feel like a munch, for me is the death of many of my diets. If I want to munch and see a gain, I have more than a munch, I have a week of pigging out. So it's safest for me to lock those things away

Glad to hear that you have a lovely Beagle, and that it was only the puppy year that was a bit of a problem. Yay, I still want a Beagle

Sorry you still aren't feeling too well, don't overdo it on the housework, just concentrate on getting yourself better.

Kayley - I think taking that self esteem class would be a great idea for you. I know that no amount of anybody telling you how beautiful you are will matter until you believe it deep down yourself. So take that class, and keep on with the diet, and hopefully before long you will realise just how lovely you are. I am sorry that Andrew gets annoyed with you sometimes because of the way you feel. I guess it's hard for him to see the light of his life not realise her worth. It will come in time

OH yes, Beth really does want to see her boyfriend. Before she started going out with him she took every opportunity to have days off, so it's quite novel now to have her wanting to go even though she is sick. I have managed to convince her she needs to be home for the rest of the week, but she isn't amused. Nor is she amused that I am keeping her home from visiting her dad this weekend. Him and his wife both smoke and that's the last sort of atmosphere she needs to be in with a chest infection.

Good luck with the interview for the work/study office job. I really hope you get it. I am sure your few hours in the nursing home doesn't pay much.

I can't advise you about the diet because I don't follow it, nor do I know much about it. From what you have said though, you certainly seem to have it all planned out, and it doesn't sound like you would gain it back. Your best bet is to perhaps talk to some of the ladies on here, isn't there a seperate thread for those on that diet, and see if you can find anybody that has got to goal and is maintaining. I am sorry people are giving you a hard time about the way you are dieting. In the end it's individual choice, and they should respect that even if they think differently. If South Beach is working for you, then it can't be all that bad.

Dogpal - brrrrrrrrrrrr just reading the words swimming makes me shiver. I would need the pool to be as hot as a hot bath with the building being just as warm so I wouldn't freeze when I got out Isn't it cold where you are?

Valerie - it's funny how people differ isn't it. My first husband and Daren's first wife were both the kind of people that thrived on going out. On their own that is, not with us. So I think we both had too many years of being lonely and not enjoying being part of a loving partnership. Now we have each other and can't bare to be apart. Some would say we are sickeningly mushy lol. I am glad you manage your cramped 24/7 existance with your hubby when you are travelling. I bet it's such a relief when you do get home and can have some 'space'. When do you go on the road again?

Ah yes, the new bed, it's being delivered a week tomorrow and I can't wait. Whatever happened to the days when you could order a bed and have it delivered in a couple of days??

Ok I have to go make tea now, I will try to pop on later, because I don't think I will have much time to come on here tomorrow. Take care and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-01-2006, 01:20 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Thank you Valerie. You are very sweet

Ammi, it's a good idea keeping her home from her dad's house, because that smoke would ONLY make things worse. I'm lucky that Andrew does know where I'm coming from, seeing as how he was once heavier than I am...but I know it still annoys him! I'm trying to figure out all my options right now, but I guess I really don't need to worry about it until I'm well under 300!

Heather, that sounds fantastic....although...I'd have to muster up the courage! Maybe by that time I'd be not so afraid of roller coasters and the like! You're right...everyone's body is different...and I'm determined NOT to gain it back. I just won't let that happen!

Last edited by kayleystar; 02-01-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #34  

Kayley - If its working for you, keep it up! EVERYONE is different, and things work differently for different people! If you are seeing results now, keep it up...when you hit your goal, and you try to maintain the way you plan to now, and your gaining, then worry about switching it up a little bit! Noone is you, or knows your body as well as you do. No matter what they say (unless its something that is obviously a risk to your life), KEEP IT UP! Your doing great, dont look back now!

I also know what you mean about being humiliated...been there done that. It took everything in my whole being to actually go in October, I mean, I knew I wouldnt fit...but my family had the best day they could have hoped for, so I guess it was still worth going

One day both of us will be able to ride those rides without even a second thought about being able to fit...tell ya what...get to your goal and I will get to mine and we will go together to Cedar Point in Ohio...its not to far from MI and its worth the drive for me
Old 02-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #35  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Kayley--like others have mentioned, if the diet is working for you, then keep rockin' it! I think South Beach makes a lot more sense than other low-carb plans because after the first 2 weeks, you can add healthy carbs back into your diet. Sure, if you go off and start eating nothing but sugar, you'll gain the weight back, but whether you were doing low-carb or not, eating nothing but junk would make you gain the weight anyway, right? I say stick to your guns, woman! It's a sensible plan that isn't too restricting, so I think you'll be okay
Old 02-01-2006, 01:28 PM   #36  

That's just what I needed to hear, Jill...I was really starting to question it!

I'm so lucky to have found all you gals!
Old 02-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #37  

LOL this place cracks me up! By the time you write a post, there are like 3 you havent read yet!

For pictures of my dog, you can see them here http://majusiak.myphotoalbum.com/vie...umName=album03
The Black dog with some white is Sadie, the Dalmation/Golden mix. As for her deafness, she hasnt shown any signs as of yet.
The White dog with some black is Ziggy. We got him last year from a shelter. After 9 months of him living with us and him constantly trying to kill Sadie and being unresponsive to all training attempts, we finally decided he needed a new home. Unfortunately it didnt work out with him in our family, but he is in a single dog family with no kids now and doing great
The kitten is our Tink. We got her in October when we had to find Ziggy a new home. She is a doll...she is six months this month

Please excuse the mess in some of those pictures...Mike likes to take pictures of the pets in the areas of the house I havent been able to pick up yet LOL
Old 02-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #38  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Ammi – I think making mead is worth it. It isn’t actually that much work – it is more the waiting that is the problem. Basically, when you start you just have to sanitize all your equipment and then mix up honey and water, bring it to a boil, let it cool, add the yeast and then put it into a bucket and let it ferment for about two weeks. At that point you take it out and move it to a secondary fermenter (glass carboy) and then it sits for a long time again until it needs to be put into bottles. After that, it needs to age for awhile (several months) before it is drinkable.

The kitchen is my apartment – it is pretty nice. It is actually why we decided to rent the place we are in. I really don’t want to say how much we pay in rent – it is pretty high, but then everything in our area is since we are within commuting distance of New York City. The two things I like the most are the water appliances (both a dishwasher and washer/dryer) and having two bathrooms. I love having my own bathroom.

Zelma – Glad to hear everything is OK, although you are a bit exhausted from the new term starting. You hadn’t been around in a few days and I was starting to wonder if all was well.

Heather – I would love to hear more about the dog showing thing. I have seen those dog shows on animal planet and I can’t figure out what it is they are looking for. I just think they are all really cute! I would love to have a dog someday but we are in an apartment complex that doesn’t allow dogs. Also, I totally relate about the roller coaster thing. I had tried to convince myself I didn’t like them anymore, but really it is that I am so embarrassed by the thought of not fitting. It will be an exciting day when I go back to an amusement park.

Kayley – Those people might mean well, but I would find a way to nicely tell them to keep their opinions to themselves. I have heard good things about South Beach, but even so – you need to find what works for you. Do these people you are talking to really know much about South Beach? From my perspective it doesn’t appear to be that restrictive in the long run as long as you avoid processed foods, white breads, refined sugars, etc. It just seems like pretty healthy eating. Also, maybe you will try it and it won’t be the right thing for you, but that also doesn’t make you a failure, it just wasn’t right for you. Everyone’s body is different and different things work for different people. This is all about you and discovering what works best for you.
(I wrote this and then saw that others had said the same thing – oh well)

I decided to go ahead with the trip. I think it will be fun and the flights to Savannah are only like $200, so that’s not bad. I haven’t had a vacation since last March because of all of my schoolwork through the end of last year, so it will be nice to have some time to relax. Also, my boyfriend’s parents are very active and walk a lot so it is also a good fitness goal to try and improve by then to better keep up with them.

Regarding the outrageous repair fee on my boyfriend’s car, it is because the main computer was damaged (and needs to be entirely replaced) from some strange coolant leak, which they can’t figure out how it happened. The issue is that the insurance company covers the car computer, but they don’t cover general leaks. They need to figure out exactly how the coolant got into the computer, which should be completely sealed. It is one of those freak things and hopefully it will get worked out, but it has been two weeks now and he is getting really frustrated. We are just trying to be patient because I know that is how they work – they try and make you lose your patience and move on so they don’t have to pay, but we are not caving.

Ack! This webiste is horrible for my work productivity. I need to get off, but I just feel so at home here. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #39  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Yeah, Heather - the posts just keep popping up! I'm going to go check out the pics of your dog-baby as soon as I say:

Oops. I already know I missed Tracey, and probably someone else - very sorry! And wanted to say to MsCrocket GO! GO! for it next Monday when you start your new Way Of Life! *** So Funny -F.U.D. It's wonderful that you and others have so many rescues. It's the only kind I've ever had, although I'm thinking that just once I'll get a puppy, probably an English Shepherd, but perhaps a border collie. I like Australian shepherds, too, but the heelers are out - already lost a couple tires on my car. I love all dogs, but have a passion for my herding breeds. I kind of prefer dogs who don't spread too much water on the floor, or the walls, or ME when they drink.

I simply HAVE to go check out the picture thread. Everyone keeps talking about photos that I haven't seen. I hope that's where they are!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #40  

Nancy - I'm glad that you decided to go on the trip! Sounds like you'll be getting some GOOD exercise at the same time! Can't beat that!

Well, I'm about ready to go for my interview in the office. I'm going to get there about 10 minutes early...I always try to do that for my job interviews. Then it's off to Susan's house, and we have our late night Criminal Justice class this evening...that's alright with me, since it's my favorite class! Hope you all have a GREAT night!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:25 PM   #41  

STOP

Please don't post here anymore. Join us on 300+ And Ready To Try Again #820
Old 02-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #42  
South Beach Life Style

kaylestar:

Girl, let me tell you. When I was on my ATKINS four years ago.. I always thought that the treatment you get when you are fat is rude,,,!!!!
The same no life goal people were worse on me when I was making a change, sooooooo I figured something out... It isnt that I was fat or that I had taken a change and lost 100lbs that had these peoples negative thoughts trying to creep in my head and make me fail.....It is this>>>>>>>>.

I (we) am strong willed and to phathom a life changing and alterring experience from our own drive, determination, and self satisfaction is, to me, AN AWESOME AND REWARDING DECISION TO MAKE.. and those "negative nellies" are actually envious of what we are doing............. SOOOOOOOOO My Friend just set back and do what is working for you and prevail over all that is making you down,, good luck......keep that chin up ..........
Old 02-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #43  
determined to lose

AACK - I was attacked by a bag of mini candy bars....before I knew what was happening I had swallowed a handfull of assorted candy bars....OMGoodness....No, they were not worth it...I picked the candybar I ate the most of which was twix caramel and added the calories to my diary and it was 289 kcal....Bleah!!! So that is my lunch...be careful out there, dont let the same thing that happened to me happen to you....

I am on a new antibiotic so hopefully this one will do the trick. This is my 3rd course of antibiotics but I am finally trying a new one. My mom is on one and my brother starts one today too. Poor dad is wearing the apron at the moment. I hope it makes him appreciate what mom usually does a bit more!

Sunshine - You look GREAT, I cant wait until I am where you are!!

Wyllenn - Thanks for the info. I found the Feb exercise thread!

Catherine - I am glad you managed to find Canada clothes at bargain prices. I know himself is really proud to need a new hole in his belt...way to go to both of you!

Yay Valerie - pump it up woman!

Kaley - I did not know you were on the beach. How are you doing with it? What stage are you doing? I am doing mostly stage 1 but have added strawberries and redi whip, sf nf jello, and crystal light. Oh and the candy bar fiasco mentioned above. by the way I thought you looked pretty in your photos too. I am sure you will be just lovely when you complete your goals...so goth, I think you look cool.

About the stability ball. I got one at Sam's Club that is rated for like 1600 pounds so look around there are some out there that are very sturdy!

Dogpal - Oh, honey, I hope you get the job you want. It will be right up your alley, helping an organization that helps people!! That sounds super to me!

Jjmoreta - Congratulations on the weight loss, WTG!! Keep up the good work!!

Honiangel - Thanks for your input on the carbs. I figured it would count against me...but it's too late now...Congrats on the new sweater fitting...keep going in the right direction and you'll get there!

Valerie - I am really concerned about the lack of winter this year. We will be overrun with bugs without the cold to kill off some of the larvae. Besides, it really brings global warming theories into perspective. Im used to hot winters here in south Texas but reading all y'alls' posts tells me it is unseasonally warm everywhere which is scary.

Nancy - If I were you I would go on the vacation. Especially with the car repairs! In the mean time after the car expense is taken care of you can begin a vacation savings account and put away what you can until you have saved enough for a real just the two of you vacation. In the mean time, I would take advantage of the vacation offers from the in-laws if y'all get along okay. But that's me.

Ammi - thanks for the support...the locking the door thing is not in my future as space is so limited. Of course when I lose all this weight and the dresses fall off of me, they will come down off the back of the door and be donated. And the closet will be cleaned out too. I plan on only buying clothes I truly, personally like a lot when I reach my goal. No more just buying what will fit or what is on clearance or whatever mom brings home to me. I am going to pick out every article of clothing I own!!

Sorry to hear that Beth is ill, hoping she learns something during class besides dreaming about the boyfriend...ha ha ha

Jill - I am sure you are retaining water for your TOM also how have you been doing with your salt intake???That will make you hold water too as we all know!

Zedaus - Glad to hear you are settling in with your new class. I hope your "button" will adjust and not run away! I think most of what I post is drivel; but, it makes me feel involved.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #44  

STOP

Please don't post here anymore. Join us on 300+ And Ready To Try Again #820
Closed Thread