Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

It was put on here, the 'tapping' one? You should have had a pm from a moderator to let you know, I must work out how to copy your advice, it looks like a thing Paul MacKenna does in the UK to help people lose weight, lose 'fears' and other stuff, where did you find out about it?
Got to go and get some shopping before older son needs fetching from school, so bye for now, hope you are all keeping OP and healthy & happy,

xxsharon
Old 02-01-2006, 09:04 AM   #17  

I love Mead! I first had it when I visited Ireland a long time ago, and then I could only get it once a year, back home in Wisconsin, at Irish Fest. In the last few years though, Bunratty Mead (a very tasty import) has become available retail in many parts of the US. I never in a million years would have thought about making my own...seems like alot of work! I think I will stick to making Irish Creme (Bailey's) from scratch at home...only takes a few minutes and you can drink it right away LOL.

Dogpal-The dog in those pictures isnt mine, but I would love him to be! He is a friends dog. But, the puppies we are currently in the process of buying are that dogs nieces and nephews!

Ammi-Not ALL Beagles are monsters! I have just never met one that isnt LMAO I do have a neighbor that had one for a while (she goes through dogs like people go through underware!) and she was nice and not to hyper, but she did howl alot. Every dog has its good and bad points though, and I am a firm believer that there is a dog out there for everyone

I am going to go walking again today...since the exercise thread here goes by minutes, I am going to shoot for an hour. I am interested in seeing how many steps/miles I can walk in an hour. Hopefully Sadie (my dog) doesnt get tired on me like last time. I swear by the end of the 2 miles I was dragging her along with me!

It does get hard sometimes when Mike is away, but I always look at it like its a break from each other so we can think about our relationship and start over when he gets home just like newlyweds We dont have a bad relationship, but we do have some issues...and when he goes away for a little while, its much easier for each of us to really look at the situation, and how to fix it, and each time he leaves and comes home we seem to be a little closer with a few less problems...and thats always good

Good luck with your exercise today everyone! Keep up your commitment... you can do it!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Jill - it sounds like you are on your way to having a day under 2000 cals, at least you are making low fat choices when it comes to your snacks and desserts. You are doing babysteps, and enough of them will soon see you under 2000 again. You can do it!!

Velma - lovely to see you posting although I am sorry that you are so tired. I had to laugh about what you said about a couple of the little chatter boxes in your class. You should have my SD Caleigh for a day. She is 14 but she waffles on from the minute she comes in from school until you finally have to say, SHUT UP, It wouldn't be so bad except she flits from one subject to another without it making any sense, so you totally lose track of what she is on about. Me thinks those little ones in your class might grow up like her

It's odd that you are having a cool summer so far, because we are having a freezing winter here. I haven't felt it this cold in many years here. I wouldn't mind a hot summer to make up for it. There isn't much time left of your summer, so if it is going to start heating up it better happen quickly.

You were saying how you feel the cold more since you lost your weight, my mum is the same. She has always been a big lady, but since she lost a lot of weight from being on a special diet (they found out she is diabetic), now she says she has loads of wrinkles and saggy skin, but worst of all, she seems to be cold all the time. Well in the colder months. She is having a pretty hot summer in NSW. I hope that if those extreme temps do get to you that you will actually cope better than you think you would because you are so much lighter now

Carolem - sorry I forgot to you. I just figured for some reason you had been here a while. I read briefly the information you posted about tapping various parts of your face. I am like Sharon, I think I have seen that before, perhaps by Paul McKenna, perhaps somewhere else. There are so many weight loss shows on TV these days, it could have been on any one of them. But thanks for sharing.

Sharon (voodoo) - have you done the work out with the dynaband yet, did it make a big difference to doing it without? Hope to catch you on MSN later. It all depends if I can get a docs appt for Beth this afternoon. The school nurse rang and said she is having pain in her chest when she breaths, and I know she is smothering with a cold. I tried to keep her home, but she told me she was well enough to go, and then I have the nurse on my back to take her to the doctors. So I have to do that, AND take her to her ENT consultant tomorrrow morning as well because school rang there too. I am sure they think I am a bad parent and haven't taken her to see about that dizziness and stuff she had before.

Heather - oh I am wrong too, I thought the dog in those photos was yours? What type of dog do you have now? Yes I guess you are right about Beagles, or any dog, they don't all have to be the same, in fact my friend in Australia has one, it's very old now, but it was actually a quiet dog from a puppy. Of course in Australia it had a lot of room to play, so probably tired itself out all the time

That's good that it actually helps your relationship when your hubby is away. Like you said, you both have time to think clearly about any problems you have, and of course there's the fun of being like newly weds when he gets home. Now that is something to look forward to

I hope you enjoy your walk today, and that Sadie does too I am just off to do my exercise. I need to do it today just to warm up. I can't believe how cold it is!!

Anyway I better go exercise then have lunch. Take care all and I shall definitely write more later or I will fall too far behind again.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-01-2006, 09:33 AM   #19  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmiUK
Good Morning All,

I
Sunshine - sorry, no I don't remember you, but a big hello to you anyway. 80 lbs lost is amazing, did you stop dieting, is that why you haven't been here for a while, or did you carry on dieting, but just stop posting? Either way, back.

WOW on the photos, what a difference, you look so much younger and happier. You must feel like a new person.

Hugs,

Ammi
No I have not stopped dieting! I won;t stop until I reach my goal! I just drop in now and then to say hello!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #20  
South Beach Life Style

Hello all, I am new,and have already met some of you........... CATHERINE. What kind of a diet r u on.........U have really lost the weight.. Congrats..
I am starting Atkins on Monday.. take care everyone.......
Old 02-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #21  

Ammi - The dog I have now is a Dalmation/Golden Retriever mix. She was a shelter rescue, and will be 2 in May. She is finally calming down and getting over her "puppy" stage. She loves to run, and loves to practice her agility, but I tell ya, when I have her on the leash and dictate how far she has to walk, she sure gets lazy I think I am going to get one of those portable water bottles for dogs...its a water bottle with a little boat thingy that flips up, the water fills that and they can drink, then you just flip it back closed. Maybe that will help
Old 02-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #22  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I'm back. I've been totally off plan but I knew the longer I stayed away, the longer it would take me to get back on track. So I'm back although not necessarily completely back on track. I'm having a Superbowl party on Sunday so you already know how that's going to go. But I'm back.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #23  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Not much to report today. Decided last night that I was going to try South Beach to see how things would go. I spent most of yesterday researching recipes and stuff like that. I tried to talk Steve into joining along but he LOVES starch *L* All he eats is cereal, toast and potatoes! We will see how it goes!

2losinit~ I am a scale-a-holic! I have it sitting by the fridge and everytime I feel like I want a munch, I jump on. Sometimes it is up due to water etc and sometimes I am pleasantly surprised and I am down a bit. Either way it makes me not want to munch out!

Brytanni and MookieBren ~ Welcome! I am sure you will receive all the encouragement that you need here. Everyone is WONDERFUL!

Heather ~ I have a wonderful little Beagle mind you she was a holy TERROR as a small puppy but once she turned a year she was a pure joy I agree with the statement that there is a dog out there for everyone! I raised dobermans for years, bred them a few times and even though they have a bad reputation, they were beautiful animals. We even adopted 3 abused ones from the shelter and they were also very gentle animals that were happy to have a home that gave them the love that they needed. A friend of mine has a IW and the first time people see one, they certainly have funny reactions. They are so large but so beautiful!

Andrea ~ If you are out there, drop by and let us know how nursing school is going? and what about all the other andreas?? I hope you all didn't give up!

Catherine ~ Penningtons is where I get all my clothing. There should be a few in Edmonton. They go from size 14 to 32 and have clothes to 5x. Actually there is a HUGE sale on this week and might be good for you to check out! 50% off clearance prices. I was getting jeans that were normally $49.99 for 10 bucks!

Jilly ~ I hear ya about TOM adding weight! I think that is what my problem was this week too! Only mine came 2 weeks early! Things have been so screwed up since I started losing weight. With my luck, we will end up pregnant because of it before we are ready! I need to lose this weight first.

MSCrockett ~ Welcome and good luck with your Atkins

Steve is booting me off the computer now. I havent been feeling well and have been home for 2 days from work. I am going to attempt to actually get some things done around the house today while I am home though and have a few emails still lurking.

Have a great day everyone!
Brenda
Old 02-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #24  
South Beach Life Style

Thanks Brenda M for the welcome...........I start into the My life change on Monday 06, February................... U guys will be hearing ALOT.....maybe to much from me then..........lol
Old 02-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Honianangel - My friend's troubles are about over...for now at least. She was supposed to testify for someone in court, but they ended up making a plea agreement, so she got to go home early, and shouldn't have to go back. Nice find at Old Navy! Glad that it fits you...and for that price, how can you turn it down?!?

Valerie - I am very very much looking forward to spring as well! Andrew and I were talking last night, and were thinking about all the stuff we are going to be able to do once it gets nicer out. Last summer, we didn't go out much, because I was so self conscious...but I'm wanting to take a lot of weight off during the summer...around 50-60 pounds at LEAST...and I KNOW I can do it.

Nancy - I can see where you are coming from...you want to take a vacation on your OWN. But I'd say go for it! You'll get out of the house, and have fun! And then, when you can afford it, you two can go on your own. I hope the car repairs don't end up costing THAT much...

Jill - Well, maybe I'll think about purchasing one when I hit the 299 mark...only 18 pounds to go! Thanks for the info, and now that you mentioned it, I think I remember reading a thread about it, and had just forgotten...as per usual! How are things going with the job hunting?

Ammi - Thanks so much...you are really sweet...but it seems no matter how many times I hear things such as that, I just can't believe people. Andrew is always telling me how "cute" I am, or that I'm "beautiful"...and sometimes I'll go with it, and other times I roll my eyes, because I don't see ANYTHING beautiful about me. It's terrible, and I KNOW it makes Andrew angry...but I HAVE been getting a LITTLE better since I started the dieting/exercising. And I hope as well, that the more pounds I lose, the more confidence I'll get. I'm also looking at taking the self esteem course here at the college...I think it would be beneficial to ME... You must be so excited about weigh in, and I'll BET you've lost! You've been doing so well lately staying OP and working out! Sorry to hear that Beth is feeling under the weather. She must have REALLY wanted to see her boyfriend! I took every chance POSSIBLE to miss school! Even if that meant faking sick sometimes!! If ONLY it was as easy to take off the pounds as it is to put ON the pounds! You must have gotten the weather WE were supposed to get! hehe...it's been EXTREMELY mild out, and it's another day of 45 degrees! It's Michigan....it's NOT supposed to be like this! lol...we've only had about 3 days of snow since before Christmas! Global warming!

Heather - It's nice that you two do get a "break" from each other for a little while, and I know what you mean about a few less problems...even though I'm not married! lol. When Andrew and I start to really make each other mad, we'll have a few days apart, and when we reunite, it's like we are closer!

MsCrockett - I wish you luck on Atkin's!!!

Teahoney - I'm glad that you are deciding to hop back on OP! And it's great to see you back.

Brenda - South Beach isn't too bad...especially if you've done low carb before. It gives you a little more freedom in the second phase and third phase than Atkin's does, which I like. Andrew tried doing the diet with me, but his Mom buys so much junk food, he stayed on it for about 4 days, and caved. It'd be different if we were living together, as he LOVES my cooking, and wouldn't mind low carbing it, as long as I'd cook for him! lol. I hope you can convince your hubby to join you! It's always easier when you have a "buddy". Hope you get to feeling better.

The day started off good! I did 13 minutes of my dvd (while Andrew was in the shower), which is good, since I won't be able to work out today, since I won't be home until after 10pm tonight! I have classes here in about an hour and a half, and then I wait until 5pm at Susan's house, and then we head up to our criminal justice class, which doesn't end until 9:30. By the time I get home, I'm going to be BEAT. That means I'll just have to try for longer tomorrow, right?! I have an interview to do a work-study here at the school. I'd be working in the main office 20 hours a week. I figured that would give me a little extra cash, since I'm only working FOUR DAYS A MONTH at the nursing home! *sigh* So I'm all "fancy" today...lol! I've been putting away all my change into jars. One for all the silver, and one for the pennies. Once I reach my goal weight, I'm going to take all that money, and go on a shopping spree! I've been putting change in there for about a month, and I've already got $25! Well, I'll be around for a while! Hope you are all having a GREAT day!
Old 02-01-2006, 11:18 AM   #26  
South Beach Life Style

DOGS........ dont know a time in my life that I have not had one......... right now I have two ,,, TIMBER/ARCTIC WOLFE MIX........."KADO" AND A POODLE , CHU, WAH WAH MIX....... NAMED HER _"FUD"______that is the initials for Freaken Ugly Dog...... God love her,,,,,, cause i do too
Old 02-01-2006, 12:01 PM   #27  

FUD...thats AWESOME!!! My husband would like to get a bulldog when we get our house...I am going to have to remember that, as that is what I think about bulldogs...I just wont tell him the meaning of it, just that I think that should be its name LOL

My aunt sent me the South Beach diet book. I am going to read it tonight and see if its something I can do while Mike is gone. When he isnt here, I dont have to worry so much about cooking or what I do make (he is the only picky eater I have, the kids will eat anything LOL)

I decided today to make yet another goal for myself...I want to be able to fit on the rides at Kings Dominion this year. Now, we go to Busch Gardens every year, because, being military, we get one free day per season...for Mike and up to 4 family members. Saves us almost $200 in ticket fees! At Busch Gardens, I can fit on "most" the rides, as they have more of the 3D things than rollercoasters...but I can only fit on 2 of the 4 coasters they have.
Last October we went to Kings Dominion, which has many coasters and rides, and I didnt fit on anything I LOVE rollercoasters and thrill rides, and I hate just sitting alone all day while everyone else waits in line and gets to do stuff.

SO....my goal for, hmmm, lets make it, July 4th....will be enough to fit into the rides...I still have to figure out how much that will mean in pounds, but its a start
Old 02-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #28  

Heather - That sounds like a GREAT goal! You'll have so much fun! I've already told Andrew that when I lose all this weight, I definately want to go back to Disney World! Last time I went, I couldn't ride a couple things, and that made me sad And at the fair, they wouldn't let me ride something, because I was too "fat"...as the man told me...loudly. And everyone heard. I was so ashamed.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good morning ladies,

I hope you are all doing well today. I am going to post real quick then off to some errands followed by a swim!

Ammi: Back at you doll.

HeatherUSNwife: I just love dogs so much. I hope you get the one you are dying for.

Sunshine: Wow! I just looked at your pictures. You really do look so different. Way younger. Way to go. I sure hope my face looks that different too. I can hardly recognize myself right now.

MsCrockett: Welcome to you. Looking forward to your posts

Teahoney: So glad to see you back. You were missed.

Well everyone else, thinking about you and and praying you have a great day.
Blessings,
Dogpal
Old 02-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #30  

A couple of people have been sorta bringing me down lately. They told me that I shouldn't be doing the South Beach diet. My plan is to get to my goal weight, and then maintain for a YEAR with phase 3. And then after that, I'm going to still keep my carbs low, but I'll allow more things into my diet, along with keeping up with the exercise. These people have said I'll just put all the weight back on, and that I should just be doing exercise and keep eating what I was already eating...do you think my plan sounds good, or do you think I should be doing a different type of diet?
Closed Thread