Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:43 AM   #31  

Red face

Jillybean ~ That is totally wild. I am in Glen Burnie. I am originally from Annapolis (traffic ****) so it's much better to be here as far as traffic is concerned. Northern Virginia is as bad if not worse than Annapolis. At least we have a lot more here than Heather does. It's pretty dead down there.

Ammi ~ Say no more. I was a teenage girl. If they don't kill you both, you'll be lucky. Your stress levels won't go down until their hormone levels do. I'm also glad he got it checked. As you found from your first husband, a person can have a heart attack at any age. Your current husband is lucky to have you looking out for him.

FS72 ~ That's quite a cute little workout buddy you have there. Now that's motivation!

Heather ~ That is horrible that women would oink at you. That's a reflection on them, not you. You can lose the weight, but it's too late for them to grow a brain. Also, know that it's not just Navy wives that are like that ~ my neighbors also are that ignorant. It's everywhere. People are just mean anymore (most of them).

~ ~ ~

I have been eating and eating. I can't stop. My TOM is coming and the stress at work (the issues with the boss and the new woman) and looking for a job has got me all whacked out. I hope I will get this out of my system soon before I do a lot of damage and undo all the good I've done.

My friend at work who I went on WW with pooped out on like the fifth day and gained three pounds over the weekend. She has thrown in the towel (not much help to me). I have to do some thinking and figure out what to do with myself. I didn't want to go back on Weight Watchers to begin with, but I did it with her to help encourage her because of her health problems (I have never been able to lose anything following that plan, even though I followed it to the letter). Basically, I have to eat like 900 calories a day to lose anything (that's the way it's been all my life). It's all very troubling and adds to my stress. I need some time alone to do some thinking and I never get any of that. I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do anymore.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:14 AM   #32  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashabella
I have been eating and eating. I can't stop. My TOM is coming and the stress at work (the issues with the boss and the new woman) and looking for a job has got me all whacked out. I hope I will get this out of my system soon before I do a lot of damage and undo all the good I've done.
ME TOO! My TOM isn't coming (gotta love the pill), but there is stress at work (2 people in our group put in their notices last week, and of course everyone turns to me to pick up the slack--what they don't know is that I ave been looking for a NEW job!) and my parents are tlaking about moving from CT to Va Beach and Jeff and I are having "future" discussions and...lots going on in my head! I'll do well for half the day and then totally blow it by going food crazy in the afternoon. It's crazy how I can gain 3 pounds in 2 days and then take 2 weeks to lose it again I need to get myself back under control--I haven't lost any weight at all this month (with the exception of re-losing the bits I keep gaining). I have my yearly girly check-up tomorrow with the gyn. I'm going to ask about possibly changing my pills and see if that makes any kind of difference (I had a few "spotting" issues for a couple of months and a LOT more emotional issues with this newer pill). Maybe I'll ask her for any additional weight loss tips, too. I'm sure the bottom number of my bp will be high since I have pretty much not been exercising AT ALL. At least I know I have the power to fix that, though. We shall see...
Old 01-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #33  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

Good Morning everyone! Just wanted to drop in and say HI to everyone. I posted under the bio thread if anyone is interested in reading it.

I've been having an issue with exercise lately. I don't know if it was TOM or what but I have just been so tired and listless lately. The only thing I want to do when I get home is cook supper and then read a book. DH bought me a treadmill for the wintertime but I've only used it 5 times. Aerobics get me going and I feel great, but I just don't want to spend an hour doing them. Anyone else have this kind of problem? If so, what are you doing about it??

Thanks and I hope everyone has a great day!

Sarah
Old 01-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #34  

Greetings and Salutations!

For those of you who are new, I'm Lilion. I'm an "Old Hen" but I like to drop in here now and then and see what you little chickies are doing!

Jilly: You definately want to check with the OB especially with spotting problems. So many things can affect your weight loss and in my opinion hormones are a huge part!

Heather: I swear, every time I hear a story like yours about people being so rude it just floors me! I don't think anything like that has ever happend to me, although when younger quite a few people thought I was pregnant! (Big ovarian cyst - long story - I don't look that way anymore.) Still, I tend to be oblivious to the world around me at times, so maybe I just never noticed. I think I'd be in trouble if they did though, because I could never keep my mouth shut... I'd be in her face and let her know that I'm working on my weight, when is she going to work on her personality? You are already a better person than those women will ever be!

On the subject of how we got to 300+ - much like Princess I've always been heavy and come from a family of eaters. I can remember my parents remarking that, when we cleaned THE TABLE, not just our plates, that it meant that there would be a clear day tomorrow. My mom was quite heavy, probably 300+, and was your basic country cook - breakfast every single morning was eggs, some kind of pork, toast, fruit, cereal, sweet rolls and often potatoes too! All those things would be on the table and we'd eat as much or as little as we pleased! Dinner was always meat or chicken, often fried, potatoes fried or mashed with gravy or baked with butter, two types of veggies, bread and there was ALWAYS dessert. She was a wonderful cook and did it for a living many times in her life, but none of it was healthy. Frankly, I stayed fat after leaving home because I just didn't think about it. Oh, I noticed when I was buying new clothes or looking for sexy undies, but otherwise I was oblivious. I tried a few times to lose weight, I lost 40 three times, but every time I gained back ++. I always had attention from men if I wanted it, so that wasn't a problem...back then I was in the 220 to 250 range. I got married, had a baby, got divorced, lost some weight and kept it off a while. Got married again, gained and gained and gained. I gained over 100 lbs slowly over 6 years. When you think about it, that's just 17 lbs a year. Who worried about 17 lbs? Until one day I was at 328. That's all there is to my story. Inattention and apathy.

Ladies I know I had a lot more to say, but for the life of me I don't know what it was. I wasn't paying attention to the time and had to stop typing to do a hearing and now that I've come back to the post an hour later I can't remember where I was going with this post! So I guess I'll end here.

Congrat's to all the losers! Hang in there to those who are struggling - You can Do IT! And I hope you all have a happy, healthy OP day!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:19 AM   #35  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

ChristineU....don't worry about the weighted balls when you do the WATP workouts..just grab 2 cans (about 16 oz each) from your pantry and use those!!! They work just as well and if you have not been doing any type of resistance training or upper body work, you will be beyond amazed at ho much it adds to the workout!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone

I haven't been able to post for a few days but I've been by reading. Every time I've tried to post the computer acted all messed up and it wouldn't take. I actually think it's because of the internet connection and the weather we've had here. I've had a good couple of days-- meaning that I've totally pigged out on carbs and I've stayed at the 264.4 lbs. that I started at. When I say pigged out, I mean pigged out--I ate pasta with clam sauce 2 days in a row, mashed potatoes, last night we ordered Chinese food--just thinking about it all makes me sick. I'm not coming down on myself too badly though because you know what I realized? Eating like that--which is how I used to eat all the time--eating like that made me feel uncomfortably full and talk about indigestion. Anyway, this morning it was back to my low carb lifestyle--bacon and eggbeaters for breakfast and it's not time for lunch yet, but I'm going to go to the corner pizza place and get a nice Greek salad. I love the salads they make there. I'll even eat the pita bread they give with the salad. Very yummy and for dinner I'll either eat turkey or steak tips. Now--if I would just get my butt back to the gym then I KNOW that I would be well on my way to losing the 30 lbs. I want to lose by March. *sigh*

Great job on losing everyone--there are so many posts that I don't have the energy to go back and try to reply individually. You guys are all a great inspiration.

Catherine--I love the photos and your gown was beautiful! I loved the gold veil as well. You all look so very happy. Are you going to be posting more pictures if you get the chance? Not that I'm being pushy or anything . I know what you mean about being an inspiration to other people at the gym. It takes a LOT of courage to even walk into a gym if you're over 300 lbs. and then to actually work out where other people can see you... I know that when I first started going to the gym I was terrified. I kept going though and I lost 80 lbs. by December. I didn't think that anyone other than my work out buddy paid attention to me, but a lady walked up to me one day and said that someone told her that seeing me at the gym gave her the inspiration to keep going and not give up. That was really nice to hear. And now I haven't been to the gym in over a week.

Ammi--I'm glad that the hubby's feeling better. It's scary when he's sick, isn't it? I know that when I'm sick I'm okay with it, but when my bf is sick I'm all freaked out. I'm so proud of how you've been doing. Keep up the good work.

Sarah--I've been feeling listless and tired lately too. I'm hoping that it's the weather and that when my friend gets over being sick that I'll make the effort to actually start working out again. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to tell you how to beat the listlessness--all I can say is to try not to binge or anything and I'm sure the feeling will pass soon. It usually does for me, but I feel like such a slug when I'm like this.

Tasha--have you tried a low carb diet? I know that I was in the same boat and I wasn't able to lose weight on WW either, but since I've been doing the low carb diet I've lost 94 lbs. all together. It might be that you're some kind of carbohydrate addict. I know that I am and I'll tell you what--I feel so much better when I eat low carb. It's just something to think about.

By the way, I don't eat only egg and bacon--I actually eat more vegetables now than I ever did before. And I eat a lot of eggbeaters. Every night for dinner I eat either steak or chicken or turkey or fish with 2 vegetables. And I actually eat veggies that aren't technically on a low carb diet, like corn, carrots, butternut squash . Anyway, it's just a thought. Good luck.

Dogpal--I'm so glad that you had a wonderful night with some new friends and I'm happy that your interview went well. Good luck on whatever you decide about the job and I hope that another one is quick to find you. It sounds like this move you two made is turning out to be a pretty good thing.

Wyllen-- on finding your waist again. Now--if we could all just do the happy dance like Mr. Carrot I'm sure that we would all have a waist again too. That feels like a million bucks, doesn't it? I know that every NSV makes me happier than the last--if that's possible! I would just be ecstatic if I could lose my pouch. Good luck with the conference. It's wonderful that you're feeling so strong about your eating and not worried about it. That's just going to make it easieer for you to keep making good choices because of no stress.

to all of the newbies. As you've already discovered, the people here are full of inspiration, good ideas, and support. It's a really great group of people.

Okay, I've been typing for almost 40 minutes and I have to go now. I have to head to Wal-Mart and go get my salad and clean my dishes. As much as I'd like to stay here and talk all day, real life is calling. Have a great day and I'll try to stop by tomorrow.

Vicki
Old 01-25-2006, 12:23 PM   #37  
determined to lose

Hurray, I found my Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies 3 tape. Now if I could find the other two. But I think I am going to stick to Leslie Sansone right now, till I get in the swing of things.

Hope youre all well and happy and doing swell! Will probably check in later.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:42 PM   #38  

Talking Just because I haven't bragged here yet....

Lookie at my slider!

According to the official "Show-Me Shape-Up" scale at our office - I'm at 250.6 today. It weighs me a pound heavier than the Dr scale, so I went there today...just to weigh myself without moving the big weight up to the 250 mark!

A ridiculously happy
Lilion
Old 01-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #39  
Michigan Old-Timer

Do NOT post here. Please follow us to 300+ And Ready to Try Again....#814. See you there!
Closed Thread