Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 11:34 PM   #1  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.. #785

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 11:38 PM   #2  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies! I'm heading to bed, but wanted to get the new thread started. I think this tiredness is neverending!

Thanks everyone for the congratulations and good wishes! Being married is no different than living together at this point. Well, aside from the whole legal aspect of it. We didn't run away anywhere exciting - I wasn't sure my dad would be around to walk me down the aisle next year since he's been so sick. So.. we surprised them and got married in my home town. It was a nice little ceremony - just us, my parents, my sister, and two of my nieces!

Weightloss hasn't been too bad actually. Despite not staying OP, I've still lost 5lbs more since the last time I was here. My newest goal is a ways away, but my 10% loss goal is coming right up!

Jilly, I've had days like that too. Sometimes, no matter how much I want to stay OP, I'm just starving. Normally, a day or two later, I won't want anything and it somewhat balances itself out. Hopefully tomorrow goes much better for you!

Okay, hate to cut this short but, like I said.. bed time! I'll respond to everyone else tomorrow!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Well that cold is still disgustingly horrid, so I really am not going to be here long. Just wanted to pop on to say hi and to wish everybody a happy Thursday.

Brandnewme - so glad that your wedding was lovely, sometimes small and intimate gatherings like that mean far more than a huge white wedding with all the trimmings. Daren and I got married in Vegas so we didn't have to worry about which family to invite, and which family wouldn't come if other members were invited etc. So we pretty much eloped ourselves, and had the most beautiful wedding

Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-17-2005, 08:21 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Okay, so I have reverted back to starting my day with a glass of Carnation instant breakfast in skim milk before I even left the house for the gym. Hopefully, those 12g of protein will help to keep me a little more under control today!

And thank you, Julee--NO EXCUSES! I will be at my TOPS meeting tonight...gotta take both the good and the bad. After a bunch of water retention and yesterday's 2200 calorie mini-binge, I'm sure it'll be a bad weigh-in, but I should face that stupid scale anyway
Old 11-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #5  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Jilly...way to go...regardless of what the scale says...it's OK and you just walk out of the meting when it's done and begin a fresh week.

I am excited...down another 2.6...for a total of 81.2 lbs!! I have been telling people that I have lost a whole Olson twin (ha!) In LA...it's funny.

Jason and I seem to spend all of our time talking about wedding stuff...which on the one hand is great that he is so open...and on the other hand is driving me crazy. I finally told him last night that it's making me nuts and that I am tired of just being his girlfriend and want to be his fiancee already. ARGH.

Crazy busy weekend ahead...but on Monday I am going HOME!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies~~

Well I'm having a bad week this week. I haven't been exercising and I've cheated on my low-carb diet. The other day I ate 4 of the little candy bars that are still here from Halloween and last night I made chicken flavored rice-a-roni. I have to tell you all--boy was it good! I'm actually okay with cheating on my diet--but where I haven't been able to get to the gym *sigh*. I'm re-starting again for sure on Saturday morning so I'm going to enjoy my last day of what I call "laziness" tomorrow.

The worst part about all of this is that it's also going to be TOM soon so I've gained almost 5 lbs. I'm sure that it's a combination of everything--the candy bars--the rice--TOM--not working out for the past *GULP* 2 weeks! Anyway--can someone please kick me in the butt so that I can get myself motivated to get to the gym? My eating--for the most part--is actually okay so I'm not worried about that--I can usually get right back on plan--but getting to the gym--I need the "boost" that someone's boot can give me.

I have to go but I'll try to come back later.

Vicki
Old 11-17-2005, 12:35 PM   #7  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hello Ladies, friends and members of the media,

If I wait to catch up before I write, then I'll be twice as far behind, so I'll write now and catch up as I can. I spent two days near D.C. at an animal training seminar with Kayce Cover. She's just awesome, I learned a lot, and I can hardly wait to see her again. She makes Dr. Dolittle look like a quack. I didn't succumb to all the bagels and donuts they had, but on day one they gave us lasagna for lunch and I had a brownie, too. I was introduced to Thai food for dinner - YUM! Day 2 the macaroons got me, too.

On Monday I went up to Pensylvania to visit my Trucker Buddy class. Before I went in to the school, I'm very proud of myself for visiting their local Curves for a workout to stay on schedule. Breakfast & lunch I was good, but driving snacks and dinner were a little overboard. Then I spent a little while visiting my Dad up in New York and came home Tuesday night.

Wednesday I was back on track 100%, starting with Curves in the A.M. and then doing stalls and eating right all day. The scale still stuck it's tongue out at me this morning, but I could have been so much worse over the weekend that I'm not too discouraged - after all, my jeans are getting looser and I'm halfway to the next size down. Those couple days off aren't any big thing. I was at least prepared for the carb attacks, so I dealt with them o.k.

This menopause thing is ugly, though. I'm normally a talker, but I've been so irritable off & on lately, and talking on the phone REALLY irritates me lately. All those years that PMS wasn't an issue have come back on me with a vengence, and it isn't pretty. Suddenly I can't STAND to "chat" on the phone. This is SO not me! Weird, huh?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:28 PM   #8  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I've actually been doing pretty good so far this week. When I got on the scale this morning I showed another 2 pound loss. But Sunday is my official weigh-in day so we'll see what the scale says then. I exercised yesterday, first time in a long time and my poor body is aching. But it aches so good. lol And I'll be off to exercise in a little while.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:15 PM   #9  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone!!

Vicki ~ I'll kick you if you kick me! I haven't exercised in almost a week now! And my body knows it. I am aching and my shoulder is screaming at me ( I have tendenitus). I have been SO busy trying to get my basement cleaned and such, that I don't have the energy to go to the pool or even upstairs in my gym. I am supposed to go tonight but... I don't think I will be getting there...

As far as my smelly basement, it is getting better. I think that I might have it done by christmas *L* I went and bought paint and other supplies last night for the scrapbook room. I still have mounds of boxes and totes in my livingroom and in steve's workshop. It was my room that got hit the hardest but it hands us a great opportunity to cleana nd toss stuff away that we have been just hanging on to.

Anyhow, I have plenty of work to do. Could be a quickie supper again tonight. I have a hard time staying "lite" carb when I don't have the time to cook every night. Tonight it could be fish sticks *L* Steven will be happy!

Have a great night everyone!

Brenda
Old 11-17-2005, 03:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Ladies,

Well, I have been so busy unpacking from the move and going through boxes trying to decide what we will have to have in the rental house for the next 6 months or so and what we can keep boxed up and live without. Our house finally funded! I am so thrilled. We immediately went and bought a mattress set, Heavenly after sleeping on the double or twins we have been using. We also purchased a used sofa with two recliners in the ends and a matching "Cuddle Chair" really it looks like a bigger recliner but it rocks. I didn't want to buy new livingroom furniture because we don't know what our new house will be like and I want to purchase furniture to go with the house not house to go with the furniture. I have been reading posts but not responding because of being too busy so I will semi catch up now.

Angelia: I think you will find a very supportive bunch of people here who really do care about each other.

Catherine: Wow. Showing an extra ID! How fun and exciting. I bet it was fun to have that happen. It sounds like you really have your hands full with all of the paperwork you have to do. I'm sure you will get it all done though. OK, a bit of tough love.... Get to sewing on that gown misssy!

Ammiuk: Short hair and my fat face don't go along well. I did cut my hair this summer though because I have extra, extra thick and curly hair. It gets so hot in the summer. But, now I am growing it out. I hope you feel better soon!

To all the loosers... You guys rock!

To those who are struggling:

Brandnewme: Congrats on that marriage!

Shadie: My Pal! It is so good to see you post. I miss you tons when you are not around. My prayers are with you and your family as you tackle this job. I do know what you are going through kind of. My hubby was the sole supporter of 7 of us when my sister and her 4 children lived with us for 3 years. It was tough. Luckily he made great wages and we were pretty thrifty (I think). Hang in there.

Valerie: So glad that you had fun at the class.

We miss you: Suemarie, Future diva ! Where are ya?

Be blessed,
Dogpal
Old 11-17-2005, 03:45 PM   #11  

Hey Guys,
Could you explain to me the new thread we do? Is there a new topic that we discuss everyday? Why do we start a new thread? I just don't want to be talking about anything if there is a topic.
Thanks in advance!
Angelia
Old 11-17-2005, 05:22 PM   #12  

Angelia--We start a new thread after there is about 3 pages of posts.....just so we don't have to go through all of them again. You can talk about whatever you want. Glad to have you here with us.

Ammi--I hope you get to feeling better girl!!

Today has been an awful day as far as my eating..well actually I was fine until I gave in to my sweet tooth.....I just bought a pack of chocolate chip cookie dough and ate a few.....I hate this...I don't know what is wrong with me...TOM is here....I am still gonna weigh in tomorrow morning but this week as been tough. I am still hoping for a small loss but if I am still the same I will be okay with that too....atleast it won't be a gain.

Congras to all the losers!!!!!!!!!!!

To those that are having a hard time with diet and exercise...hang in there....just start back on track the next day like I am going to.

Will let you know about the weigh in tomorrow. Take care girls!
Andrea
Old 11-17-2005, 10:29 PM   #13  

Hello all,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome Andrea and Dogpal.. Julee congrats on the weight loss.. I can't believe you have lost so much weight that is so awesome.. I look forward to the day when I can say I lost that much weight. Vicki you'll do better. What matters is you keep trying even though you fall off the wagon. I am having a hard time excersising and eating. I haven't excersised in years and when I finally decided I would do a little half hour show on cable a coupld of days ago I hurt myself. Is that sad or what. How am I suppost to excersise when I'm so heavy? I get too out of breath when I run, I do any kind of aerobic excersise and my chest starts hurting.. It's really discouraging.
I am working on my eating habits, and I have cut down the pop and switched to diet. I now am trying to quit the diet soda. I work everyday so it's really hard for me to do this. I need to get on track and start making a meal plan for everyday so I don't grab anything that's in my face.
I'm going to start weighing in on Mondays. I might need a new scale though because I just dropped it this morning and small pieces came out of it. Well, see monday what my weight says..
Hope everyone has a good night.. I will post tomarrow before work.
Angelia
Old 11-18-2005, 12:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Evening everyone!

I FINALLY had a good eating day. Tonight we went out to eat to Red Robin for dinnner -- known for their burgers and "neverending fries". I actually ate my very first gardenburger -- and LIKED it. A lot! And I replaced the fries with a salad! After being that good out to dinner I couldn't spoil it at home, so I have been good! I'm also drinking lots of tea (the weather turned it into January around here! We've had temps in the TEENS!!)

Angelia -- Welcome, welcome! Getting started can be tough but getting a routine together really helps. SOunds like you are getting a good start! I used to eat lunches out at work -- except when I ate the special Vending Machine Lunch. Yeah, Fritos are really healthy. Now I pack a lunch every day, and can do it very quickly if I'm in a rush. I prepack little bags of carrots, and bring sandwich or salad, yogurt, some fruit, granola bar and just lug it all in to work to munch on during the day. It has made a real difference in my energy level too.

You're making small changes with your diet -- same for exercise! Don't start by running!!! Of course you can't do that well! And it would be discouraging. Walk first. Start with a few minutes and work your way up slowly. I started at your weight and didn't really start exercising until I'd lost some weight. I still can't run (not to mention bad for my back), but I walk and am starting to incorporate resistance training/pilates type exercise.

Baby steps!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:49 AM   #15  

Hi Wyllenn,

Thanks for the great tips and motivation... I really need it. I think I am going to have to start doing that, bringing lots of snacks to work with me and get an extra big lunch box. I spend allot of time at work so I want to be prepared when I am there. As for the excersising I think I am going to start REAL slow so I don't hurt myself again.

Great job by the way at Red Robin.. That is awesome and your weight loss is impressive too.. I cannot wait to start loosing weight so I can be on my way too..
Well, I have to go to bed now.
Closed Thread