Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 05:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#786

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 11-20-2005, 05:32 PM   #2  

Hello All,

I am really late writing this, I have felt pretty blah today, and have slept most of it away. My cold is moving it's way down to my chest, so now I have a rotten cough as well. Enough of my moaning, I just thought I better start a new thread before the old one got too long

I have read all that you have written, but am not up to replying tonight. So a big hi to everybody, and Alison, am glad your fall didn't end up with you having any broken bones. Angelia and Julee I am sorry you are both feeling unwell, honestly I didn't mean to share my germs with you

Take care all, 'see' you tomorrow,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-20-2005, 06:00 PM   #3  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Sheri-I just looked up the fantasy land hotel on the internet, and you are right there are mirrors over the bed in the Roman room. That old fart had better not have known that already. I don’t even own a full length mirror, so that will be a big strange thing to have one over the bed.

Wyllenn-I’m glad that your hit rock bottom wasn’t as low as mine got. The last time I was at walmart, I paid attention to the number of large people having to use scooters or chairs of their own, or the store’s scooters. It was scary. What are we doing to ourselves that we literally eat ourselves out of the ability to stand up. I was treating myself like a frois gras goose or a piece of veal. I told myself that it was my back injury that forced me into the chair. Of course I didn’t end up in the chair until 4 years after the back injury. Sure, my back hurt, it was being crushed. If my story can scare one person into making a change in their life before they end up flat on their back, that’s just another day off purgatory for me.

Nolife-yes, it sounds like he has got some wildness planned. Being middleaged, I’ll settle for not throwing our backs out or having a coronary.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:40 PM   #4  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

This weekend has been a pain in the butt. My work schedule sucks so it's thrown off everything for me. Plus, for whatever reason, I'm now starving all the freakin' time too. I think it's just my turn, since there are several people who've complained of the same thing lately. I started eating breakfast again, and since then, it's like WHAM! Must.. have.. food. I'm trying to snack on foods that aren't going to be too bad. Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, not so much. I think it could be TOM creeping up on me. Oy!

Thanks to everyone for the congrats and well wishes! It's greatly appreciated!

Angelia and Teahoney: Welcome! Glad to have you with us. It's great to see you jumping in and getting to know everyone. This place is the best place to be for support!

Ammi: Feel better soon! I'm sorry you've been so sick. I know it's not fun at all. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest - your body needs a break!

Julee: Congratulations on losing so much weight. I'm still a 26 right now, but I've noticed quite a difference in how my 26s fit. Before, it was a squeeze for them to fit, and now they're lose and extremely comfortable. I can't imagine what a rush it was to get rid of all your old clothes!

Catherine: It's odd when nearly drowning is such a NSV! You never cease to amaze me. You're the reason I started posting her to begin with. You're such an inspiration to so many people - not just because of the weight you've lost, but because of your attitude and your commitment in the mean time! I'm so excited to see your life taking such wonderful turns - I can't imagine anyone who deserves it more!

Rabidstoat: Unfortunately I can't afford the individually packaged stuff right now, but I can definitely relate to needing that. I have portion control issues too, and it's hard breaking some habits!

Mazarin: Glad you're mostly okay! Take care of yourself!

I'm off to go WATP. 'Night!
Old 11-20-2005, 08:05 PM   #5  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hi Ladies!

I am SO exhausted! It has been such a trying week for us with all this mess. My house is still in such a state! The basement is definately making progress but it is just taking a long time Last night I painted for 5.5 hours. My bones are aching *L*

So back on track today for eating. Most of the weekend it has been so busy that we have been living on peanut butter or worse, nothing! Friday night we went to one of our favorite places for dinner. It was awesome but oh, so fattening I went shopping a bit and for the first time I fit into a 3x lingere instead of a 5x. Yippee! Helps in making you feel sexier too!

Back to exercising today too. I went to the pool tonight but I had to drag my butt there. I feel better about doing it now though. I am down another 2 lbs this week and hopefully with getting back on track next week will have even more sucesses.

Catherine ~ Thank you for your words of wisdom. They mean so much to all of us. You renew our hope and make our goals seem so much more achievable.

Ok back to the basement for another hour before bedtime. Sorry I haven't had enough time to talk to everyone individually. Time just doesn't allow me to right now. Remember that we all are proud of each NSV, each pound lost and each time we pick ourselves up with renewed strength.

Enjoy your Monday ladies. Stay strong.

Brenda
Old 11-21-2005, 12:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- I am "thought mailing" you some chicken soup! Drink it slowly and try to get better! We miss you over here!

Catherine -- You are so right that we tell ourselves all sorts of things to justify our behavior. For years I told myself that I could never lose weight unless my husband was going to go along with me -- it would be "too hard". Ironically, he has now jumped aboard the weight loss bandwagon -- but this time I told him NOT to join in just because I was doing it... and actually, we have somewhat different approaches to weight loss, which is fine. Okay, I'm babbling now.

Brenda -- Whoo hoo for the smaller lingerie!!! I am now fitting back into some of mine and it IS very nice! SOunds like you've got a lot on your plate.

Tonight as we were cooking dinner we lost water pressure in the house. Only after we ran around checking to see there wasn't a geyser anywhere did we find out that a main burst somewhere down the street... so hubby convinced me to go out to dinner. I had a perfectly reasonable "guiltless" chicken sandwich, but I really wanted the salmon we were going to microwave in a pouch!! At least all the veggies are cut and prepped for dinner tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:26 AM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

Thanx guys made it too work, but am typing one handed!!! my phone is on my right side and i cannot stretch over to it so no phonecalls for me today!!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 04:53 AM   #8  

Hello All,

Monday morning, and I actually have my appetite back. In fact I am quite hungry. That's a good sign that I am getting better. I have to wait for Daren to get home from the shop though because we didn't have any milk and I am fancying weetabix with hot milk for my breakfast. Yummy!! I think my appetite is back because I am getting my taste back. But as my nose is clearing, allowing me some taste, my chest is filling and I now have a horrible cough to go with the cold. I wouldn't mind so much but just above where my stoma (ostomy) is sited is really painful when I cough or blow my nose. It feels like somebody is putting a hot iron on me each time. It helps a little to hold the area when I do have to cough, but knowing that it's quite normal for ostomists to develop hernias in that area I am worried that that is what is happening to me. Just what I don't need. But enough of my moaning. The sun is shining, I have a wonderful hubby who will be home any minute and will bring me my breakfast in bed, AND I have nearly finished my Christmas shopping. All done online, just gotta love the Internet

Wyllen - thank you for the chicken soup. You know what, I love chicken soup and I have eaten all that we had. I hope Daren remembers that we are out of it and picks some up along with some milk!! In the mean time I will just have to enjoy the virtual soup you sent

I too know what you and Catherine mean when you always look for reasons why you couldn't diet. Mine were plentiful. It was too close to an occasion, it was too close to a weekend, I couldn't afford it, I couldn't exercise so why try to diet, the weather was too cold, you name it, I have used it as an excuse. I guess I have also used the one where if my family aren't in it with me then why should I diet on my own. Pretty silly argument when it's only me that NEEDS to lose weight. Well no more excuses now, I am dieting, and although I am going through the stage of being frustrated that I can't see any difference in how I look yet, I am still hanging in there. Of course I am not counting my points when it comes to all the lemon and honey drinks I am having. But food wise I am going to stay in my points range. I have been under my range for a few days now, so I am sure all that honey won't have done me any harm.

Sorry you ended up having to go out for a meal when the water pressure totally dropped in your house. Sounds like you made a good food choice. I know what you mean though about missing out on what you had planned to have. I much prefer a big plate of vegetables with a chicken breast or whatever to a much smaller meal eaten out which probably has far more points!!

Brenda - you are amazing, all those hours painting and you still made yourself go swimming. Good on you. I am afraid I am not at that stage in my diet yet. I can't force myself to do more than my housework. In the new year though I am going to try to work up the enthusiasm and energy to do my Richard Simmons DVD.

Glad to hear that your basement is slowly but surely getting back to normal. It sure is taking a lot of hard work though isn't it. I bet when you get on the scales next time you will see another 2 lbs or more lost despite having to live on peanut butter recently lol. Congrats on the last 2 lbs lost by the way

Brandnewme - I am sorry you are feeling hungry all the time. I wonder if it's our bodies way of trying to sabotage our diets? I mean we surely can't be hungry all the time when we have the munchies, so why do we want to eat all the time. Well I hope you can keep busy and keep your mind of wanting to eat. Being on the PC helps me when I want to be eating, sometimes it works so well that my stomach starts complaining with loud rumbles and I realise I have missed my lunch time or something lol. Crazy to go from the munchies to actually being late for a meal!! Good though.

Thanks for the get well wishes, I hope I am better soon too. Why do colds always tend to linger! I have my anniversary on Wednesday and something tells me I am not going to be well enough to go out and do anything special Oh well I will just have to take a rain check lol.

Catherine - wow a hotel room with mirrors over the bed. That would freak me out. I wonder if they have something that can conceal them. I know that no matter how comfortable I was with my body and my hubby I still would hate to have mirrors above me especially during those 'fun' times.

Your mention of those motorised shopping carts that you can use when shopping reminds me of my determination not to use one. They have some in the shop I go to for groceries. There have been a few times when my back has really been bad, or my feet have been killing me too and I have thought, shall I?? But I refuse to give in, I know my weight is my biggest disability and if I give in to it then I will never get this weight off. So no motorised shoppers for me, not unless I find myself with a broken leg at least lol.

Alison - amazed you went to work after you fall, hope you will be ok and not end up having to go home early or anything.

Oh goody, Daren is home now, so its time for breakfast. Take care all, have a good day and I hope that everybody that is weighing in today gets good results.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-21-2005, 08:56 AM   #9  
Sharon

Hello Ammi!!!!

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. I have been off dealing with a couple of my other BIG demons in addition to losing weight. I have missed you however. Hopefully when I get back from my parents house from the US holiday, I can catch up. I see you are making progress also! YEAH FOR YOU!!!

I put a few of the ladies on my forum on a challenge. Well, they put themselves on a challenge for Thanksgiving wt loss. I am 2lbs away but I am not sure I'll make it before Wednesday. If I don't, that means dieting while travelling and that is pretty damn hard for me. It also means I will have to take my scale with me to SC and that doesn't sound appealing either. Maybe it is a good thing if I do that anyway. I refuse to weigh on anyone else's scale and keeping tabs on myself that way has helped keep me motivated. I can't ***** too much. My TG goal was pretty aggressive. I was slated to lose 11lbs in 3 wks. My next goal is to lose down to 299 by Christmas. That is pretty aggressive too. Who knows? I'd love to see 299 as a Christmas present to myself.

Look forward to chatting with you some more after the holidays and possibly before if we can connect!

Last edited by Neurotica; 11-21-2005 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:27 AM   #10  

Hello Ladies!

Thought I'd drop in for a quick hello! I keep lurking here but posting over with the other old hens! Still, you all keep inspiring me!

Catherine: I wanted to suggest you make a "sample" dress first out of $1 yard fabric, that way you know you have the alterations perfect before you do the real thing. Doesn't take that long and it's super helpful. We do that a lot with the medieval sewing, since there's really no pattern to follow there for the most part.

Also, a quick note on mirrors on the ceiling. My DH always says he wouldn't sleep in a bed with a mirror over it, because he doesn't want to wake up in the middle of the night and think there's a naked, fat man falling on him!

Julee: You posted some really good eating tips. You are doing SO well! I've actually gained a bit the last few weeks. Must get back on track! Your contining losses keep me going...since we started about the same time and weight! (Of course, I have a few years on you.)

I posted a new photo on the photo page of my family at a medieval event this weekend. Pretty poor quality, but there we are.

You ladies keep up the good work.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

I hope everyone is well and doing their best as Thanksgiving is so close, thank goodness we Brits don't do that celebration, Christmas is bad/hard enough as it is!!!
It is so cold here, we had a fire and the central heating on last night. I have done 30 mins hard aerobics on Saturday, a walk in the woods on Sunday- my boys had their first wellington boots (I think you call them galoshes?) and jumped in all of the puddles they could find! Unfortunately Aiden jumped in a frozen one, slipped, fell over and got very wet and muddy! Today I did 10 mins of tums & bums AND a 17 min total body toning block too, normally I do one of the three each day! I'm quite pleased with myself, even though I feel; a bit 'high' and 'hyper' could it be all of this exercise? if anyone is a bit of an expert on exercise let me know, please.
Catherine could I ask you what happened to make you bed-ridden in the first place? I am just curious as there have been several times I have been ill, broken bones or sprains and illnesses, but I always got up and managed to carry on, probably coz I have had to, three boys are hard work, and unless I'm in hospital or seriously ill I have to get up. I know that we all have things which have made us gain weight for some reason, and the fact that one day you made the moves to change your life is amazing and inspiring but I just wonered how you got to be in that situation. I hope that you are not offended, please forgive me if you are , I got to be big coz of my ex-husband, his abuse (verbal and physical), depression and a pregnancy caused me to gain over 100lbs, since then I have lost and gained several pounds. I am a nosey person, but only in a kind, non-judgemental way, I just like to find out about people, not to gossip or sneer. Oh and congrats on nearly drowning, I think?!!!
Brenda, I don't envy you all of that cleaning but it will firm your arms up, no 'bingo wings' for you, all of that sweeping and scrubbing should burn off loads of calories too. We must try and look at the positive side, when we can.
sharon/neurotica, well done on the weight loss, I hope to lose 7-14lbs before Christmas, but you have done so well, and in the run-up to two of the main holidays where fatty/high calorie food is EVERYWHERE!!!
Just finished off my presentation notes and hand-outs for the confidence building course, I feel so relieved that it went well and I got it done so fast, just hope the actual thing goes as well!!!

best wishes,
sharon
Old 11-21-2005, 09:53 AM   #12  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Just a quick post - So much to do today, and the sun is shining so I don't want to spend so much time on the 'puter like I did yesterday - SHAME on me.

I'm so sorry that we have so many of our members sick or injured. What a bummer! I know how tough it is to feel lousy and think about dieting and exercize when you hurt or your energy is low, so I really hope ALL of you are on the mend very soon. It's no way to spend the holidays!

Congrats to those of us losing, exercizing and WINning!

Did my workout this a.m. - really tried to push it and get the most out of it. Am on track and determined to stay there - If the Carb Train tries to hit my head-on today, then IT will be the one derailed!!!

Best health to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:19 AM   #13  

Hi All,

Tis me again, just catching up on some posts.

Sharon (neurotica) - so lovely to hear from you, although I was sorry to hear that you have been fighting some big demons recently. I know you have MANY friends there for you to talk to, but if you ever need another one, you have my email address.

You are doing so great with your weight loss, and I am sure if you don't meet your ticker goals it won't be from lack of trying. Good luck, and I hope we get to chat sometime soon.

Sharon (voodoo) - wow you are doing so great and are obviously so determined to get your exercise in. I wish I knew where you got the energy and will power. I find that even when I was well, if the day was dull and gloomy I just couldn't push myself to do anything. So good on you for going for it!! I bet the scales will reward you well.

I will be on MSN soon, hope to see you there.

Valerie - you sound determined to succeed too, I think this group is made up of two sorts of people right now. The ones that are fighting the dreaded munchies all the time, and the type that are full steam ahead on the weight loss journey. Or actually there is one other type, my type, unwell, and focusing on getting better more than anything else lol. Good on you for being in the full steam ahead group though, it's an amazing feeling and I am sure you will see those lbs come off.

Lilion - I am glad you post here occasionally. It's lovely to read your posts. That's an excellent idea of yours for Catherine, to make her dress with cheap matrial first so she can figure out all the alterations before using the proper material. I wish I could sew, it's such an enviable talent. I can do cross stitch though lol and knit, so I am not totally useless lol!

Am just going to go check out that photo you posted, I am sure it's great though.

Ok off to do that, and then it's hopefully chat time with some online friends

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-21-2005, 11:01 AM   #14  
Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmiUK
I know you have MANY friends there for you to talk to, but if you ever need another one, you have my email address.

You are doing so great with your weight loss, and I am sure if you don't meet your ticker goals it won't be from lack of trying. Good luck, and I hope we get to chat sometime soon.

Oh my dear!!! One can NEVER have too many friends! Especially when there are people out there as positively adorable as you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo
sharon/neurotica, well done on the weight loss, I hope to lose 7-14lbs before Christmas, but you have done so well, and in the run-up to two of the main holidays where fatty/high calorie food is EVERYWHERE!!!
Thank you so much Sharon! And Phooey on you EX for being such a turd. I have other words I could use, but I shall refrain.

Last edited by Neurotica; 11-21-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:08 AM   #15  
Katie

Hello Ladies. My name is Katie, i'm 23 from NH. I've been overweight since i can remember however it has gotten out of hand these past few years. I'm sure my being pregnant had alot to do with it. I have a wonderful husband who tells me i'm beautiful but i just don't feel it. It's time for the weight to come off. Today is the begining of the rest of my life... i hope!
Closed Thread