Old 11-11-2005, 11:47 AM   #31  

I found a recipe for Splenda Pumpkin Pie....I think I may try this to see how it is. Here is the link for it.

http://www.heritagevalley.org/Servic...umpkin_Pie.htm
AndreaS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:14 PM   #32  

Hi Andrea,

Thanks a lot, I think I'm definatley going to try this pumpkin pie recipe. Are you watching the carbs as well?
Colleywobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:13 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Woo! Eating was back on track today, thank goodness. So if I average my calories over the past week it's about 2000, which isn't horrid, I shoot for around 1800 and usually am at around 1600. (I'm a calorie counter, obviously).

I think the key today was willpower to avoid the chocolate and candy. I did have some trail mix, for my sweet craving, but mixing it with nuts for fat and protein helped. And the rest of the day was reasonable, I had to forage at work to find healthier alternatives to eat.

So, anyway, just posting for that. Whew.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:06 PM   #34  

Amanda-- I am trying to watch my carbs....I try to get a lot of protein in and I also try to watch my fat intake. I try to keep my calories no more than 1600-1800.

Rabidstoat--Glad your eating is back on track...good job!! Doesn't it feel good when you can get back on track.
AndreaS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:14 PM   #35  

I have a question regarding scales. Tonight I went out and bought the Weight Watchers Scale, not only did it show my weight as being 12lbs heavier than I thought I was BUT every time I step on the scale it gives me a different weight, so how am I supposed to track weight loss? Do you think it's defective?
Colleywobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:50 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Amanda,

Is the scale on a hardwood or hard floor? Scales will not work on carpet. Everytime you way it will be different.
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:08 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Rabidstoat -- Yay for a good day!! I hope it helps bring you back on track (though sounds like you weren't far astray anyway!)

Amanda -- I have a dial scale, and it is different every time I get on it, but usually within a few pounds. I get on 3 times and kind of take the average. However, I think dial scales are more prone to this than others. I keep the scale because it is at least consistent -- I seem to be 7 pounds lower on my scales than on the dr's scales!

For anyone who likes pumpkin -- I make a pumpkin custard to satisfy my cravings. It's basically pumpkin pie without the crust. I use the recipe on the can of libby's pumpkin, except I substitute NONFAT evaporated milk for the whole evaporated milk. I have never tried it with splenda. I figure that if you divide it into 8 pieces, each one is about 150 calories... I can give more info if needed. It really satisfies my pumpkin craving, but I do have to be careful around it!

I finally fit back into this Talbot's outfit I really like and wore it to work today... it feels really good to be fitting into smaller clothes -- I am starting to wear more jewelry again too! I feel more comfortable tahn where I was -- can't wait to see where I go from here!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:36 AM   #38  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I try to eat a lot of pumpkin because it is one of the foods that can help your skin remain elastic, and God knows I need that desperately. I open a big can, and measure out a serving or two, mix in cinammon, freshly ground nutmeg, and 1/4 cup of sugar free pancake syrup. That only adds 30 calories, and it makes a great dessert. You can skip the syrup and add artificial sweetner. I then pop a cat food plastic lid on the rest of the pumpkin, and throw it in the fridge. I have a bunch of those, and no cat. My fridge is full of cans with plastic cat food lids. I always have just a serving, and don't have to feel like I am wasting anything.

There is no turning back now, I have bought the fabric for my wedding gown. I told him that is the point of no return for a sewer. I got the pattern to fit my top, and will have to alter the bottom. That is easier than altering the top, and since my bottom half is at least 3 sizes bigger than my top half, something was going to have to be altered. I picked a traditional Celtic gown pattern, but am not doing the gold cape. An enormous woman in a little red riding hood costume is just too much. I complained all the way home about how much the fabric cost. I am such a skin flint. If I'm paying, there's no way I'm buying $100 a yard fabric. I settled on some $3 a yard fabric that will work just fine. I had to buy bolts. I guess I could recycle it into a parachute after the ceremony. I'm kidding. I can't wait to see the look in his eyes when he sees me for the first time in it. It is the same design that my grandmother was married in, and I will be wearing my great-grandmother's gold pendant watch as my something old, and a vintage pair of blue Nike waffle trainers as my something blue. My feet won't show, and I like being slightly eccentric.

Ladies have an OP weekend. I have a mini-goal. I need to lose 6 more pounds for my BMI to get below the Super Morbidly Obese into just being Morbidly Obese. I remember when I got rid of the extra super into just being one super. Baby steps is the only way I have survived this diet which will be 4 years old Thanksgiving. I figure that I have at least that long yet to go. At least I am over half way there.

Last edited by CatherineM; 11-12-2005 at 08:45 AM.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Stop!! Do Not Post Here! Please Follow us to 300+ And Ready to Try Again #783!
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote