Old 11-10-2005, 09:30 PM   #16  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Karen - Wow! Sorry I missed your post while I was typing away! Majorly cool that you've made it under the 300 limbo pole!!! I just did that myself for the first time in 4-5 years, and it feels awesome, doesn't it?! I can do things I haven't for a long time! Glad you came by - please drop in anytime - often we hope!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

KAREN: UNDER 300 feels AWESOME doesn't it? Major congrats!

VALERIE: I think I'll stay away from the potatoes and the corn and the brown rice. Maybe they are messing me up - so as far as the Fiber One - you eat that at breakfast and then don't do starch for lunch or supper? Since I had a hysterectomy in 1990, I don't think it's hormonal - but I feel like my stomach is bloated for some reason - sigh - I just don't know what's going on!

CATHERINE: Thanks for the pep talk - I need it today -
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Valerie: NSV = non scale victory!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:53 AM   #19  
Pending Email Confirmation

Morning all.... keep moving.... have a great weekend people!

I thought it was time to share my blog again! http://alimarrox.blogsome.com/
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:45 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Can someone tell me how to change my tracker? I've tried several times and its being stupid, or maybe its me?
Congrats on the losses and fitting in the jeans, even in the UK they have them in big sizes, thank goodness, I had maternity ones which I wore through both my last pregnancies, and for a while after too!! I can't bear trousers and always feel uncomfortable in skirts or dresses. I hope I'll be able to fit in some of my smaller ones soon, those I've 'grown out of' (are'nt children supposed to do that, not adults?) and smaller ones (UK 16) which I bought to 'slim into' how many times do I do that? I have a wardrobe full of stuff two or three sizes too small for me which I planned to 'slim into' oh well, maybe I wil fit into them next year.
Ammi, will try you later on msn, my email to you is being 'delayed' for some reason.
I will send abbi's cards later today, there was'nt a very good selection but I hope they will be of some use Lori.
bye for now
sharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:41 AM   #21  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Valerie--Your interpretations of NSV made me laugh Non-Scale Victories are some weight loss accomplishments we see along the way other than the numbr on the scale (improved strength from working out, increased stamina from aerobic exercises, clothes fitting better, making a healthy choice at a restaurant, etc.). It's great to remember these types of things when the scales aren't being so friendly

Sharon--to change your tracker, go to your User CP, click on Edit Signature on the left, then edit the HTML code for the tracker. All you have to change is the number of your current weight--don't touch anything else. If you only see a picture of your tracker when you try to do this instead of the HTML code, then first you have to click on Edit Options in your User CP and change the very last option at the bottom of that page (Message Editor Interface) to either Basic or Standard. Hope this helps--I find it easier than trying to create a brand new tracker every time my weight changes

esmaraude--congrats on getting below 300! Keep up the great work!

Colleywobbles--welcome! I LOVE pumpkin pie, too. You can still have it--just have one or even two pieces instead of 10 Also, I try to eat the filling and leave the crust (who needs all that butter and flour anyway?). It doesn't make it healthy, but at least it decreases the fat and calories a bit

Ammi--sending happy thought over the sea to you!

As for me, I weighed in at TOPS last night with a loss of 4.25 pounds I knew I was down, but I didn't know it was by so much! My home scale said I was only down about 2.5 pounds. Who knows--I'm going by the TOPS scale since that's always been my "official" weight, but I hope the scale wasn't just off so it's not too hard to post an honest loss next week!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:06 AM   #22  

Default And Thin Thinker draws me out again.......

WOW!!! I've been gone a looooooooong time!! I don't recognize anybody here!
Thin Thinker keeps tabs on me and every now and again gives me a big BOOT so I will come back and post.
Short bio for everyone:
Military wife and mother of two kids (10yr old boy and 6yr old girl). Not currently employed at this time.

OK Thin....let's play catch up....
Yes, we are FINALLY back stateside!! Can you tell I'm happy to be back? Anyhoo, we are now stationed at Fort Drum, NY. It has been a long hard move. There is a bad housing crunch here and it took us 6 weeks to get a place. The good news is that I was so stresses out and my ulcer didn't let me eat much so I've lost 8 pounds since leaving Germany. Of course, I gained that 8 pounds stress eating before the move. Evil Reeses cups .
We live in a little place called West Carthage about 10 miles from post give or take. While the housing isn't optimal, the area is great. We spent a lot of time driving around before we got housing. (After all, living with kids in one room for six weeks will make you get in the car and go SOMEWHERE for no reason whatsoever lol.)
Hubby is doing good, but is gearing up to deploy for another year *sigh*. I guess that's army life huh?
So that's the short story of where we are now. I just got my internet on this week so I have a lot of email catch-up to play.

Hello to everyone here!! Maybe Thin will keep kicking my butt to post and I'll talk to you soon!!!

Jen
Jehari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:15 AM   #23  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies!

Welcome back Jen! Sorry we have the same name...thought I was being original...

Karen: congrats on getting under 300! That is just around the corner for me too!

I'll be around to check on you all later! I really need to do some work!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:18 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Jilly that's great, your loss that is, and thanks for the info. on changing my tracker, I managed to do it, but the long way round!! I will try your way next week when I have another loss (see I'm being positive)
On a not-so-positive note I had the results of my biopsy, its not good news, I have to have a small part of my cervix removed in hospital, this should be in the New Year. Though I asked if it was worth going private I was told no, so it can't be that bad, but I'm on the cancellation list, so I could be in sooner, it would be great for it to happen before Christmas as I don't want it hanging over me then. Afterwards it means no sex for four weeks, (what's unusual about that? we have two small kids and are too tired anyway!) But I have been positive, I FORCED myself to exercise this morning and though we are supposed to be economising we are out as a family tonight for a curry, which will cheer me up a bit. Even though I will have to exercise harder to work it off, I think the odd 'naughty' treat in times of worry/stress is allowed.
I hope that everyone is well and keeping on plan, Ammi, keep your chin up, we are crossing our fingers or praying for you to get back to your usual self.xxxxx

best wishes
sharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:57 AM   #25  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Default Ah-HA!!! Non Scale Victory!

Non Scale Victory... that was my very next guess!! (Although I did kind of like the Naked Sunday idea...)

Well, this is kind of redundant, but I had a little "SV" this morning. I use my weight on my home scale (first thing in the a.m. in my birthday suit) as my official tracker weight. I think it's the most consistant... and the most adventageous. After breakfast & with clothes, etc, my weight goes up 4-8 pounds. But at Curves this a.m. I climbed on the scale and for the first time it was down to 299 even there. So I know I'm being greedy and doing the Rah-Rah Cha-Cha twice, but hey, we take all our "V's" when and where we can get 'em, right?

MOM2Five, I, personally try to stay away from carbs in the a.m. and go straight for the protein (this morning it was leftover steak). I have my yogurt & Fiber One any time of the day I feel like it - sometimes for desert after dinner. Since it's apple season I've been having quite a few of those, too. They have some fiber as well.

Jilly, YOU have DEFINATELY earned several rounds of the RAH-RAH CHA-CHA! WAY cool on the 4.25 lost!!!

Jen Jehari - WELCOME HOME!!!! I hope this housing works out - or something better comes along. So sorry your hubby is off for another year. I can't even imagine how hard that must be for you. Glad you're back on 3fc, although I'm another one of the sorta newbies. I've been around occasionally since June, but have gotten really noisy here since I (temporarily) quit driving truck last month. I'm off until after Thanksgiving.

Sharon - I'm so sorry to hear about your biopsy!!! That has to be scary, but at least they aren't panicking about it, so it isn't an emergency thing. You'll have time to prepare, take a deep breath, and all will be well, I'm sure. I'll keep you in my prayers, as well. Perhaps they will get it taken care of before Christmas, too.

Ladies - I'll be MIA until next Wednesday, or so. I'm very excited to be going to an animal training seminar this weekend in Maryland. The trainer, Kayce Cover, teaches all over the world, and I'm thrilled to be able to learn from her after 4 years of wishiing I could. Then on Monday I'll go visit my "Trucker Buddy" class in Pennsylvania, then on up to Western New York to visit my dad. I'll check in if I can, but doubtful if I'll have the steam to post. I've already scouted out where there's a Curves in PA, so maybe I'll be really good and hit it Monday a.m. Otherwise I'll at least walk at dad's.

Be good to yourselves-
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:11 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Valerie - Man, I could have written your 'off the wagon' post! Well, not the same foods, but I had a horrid day yesterday. Lots of reasons why. Part is hormonal, I think part is that I've just been 'good' for a long time, part is because I'm engaging in an activity that leaves me time-stressed AND has a history of unnutritional eating surrounding it, plus I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to wean myself off caffeine, plus I've been changing the vitamins and supplements I take since going to the doctor, plus (that's a lot of plusses!) Halloween candy is still lingering. Oh, and not planning, that probably didn't help. Left to my own devices, in a familiar routine that involved candy and junk food in excess... well, I revert.

So yesterday was bad, though I faithfully journalled 3271 calories of it. I'm worried I might have blacked out some of it. Basically it started with a little sugar, which snowballed into a lot of Halloween candy, and then McD's for dinner, and then late night munching. And of course, no exercise.

This is always, for all year, been what breaks healthy eating patterns for me. I have a bad day and can't recover. So I'm going to try really hard this time to get back on track. I'm just not sure how. I should have time tonight to exercise, if I delay socializing some, which I think I can do. Maybe I'll go out to eat as a 'treat' but get something off the Weight Watchers menu at Applebees, if they still have that. And I might have fajitas for dinner tonight, that's a favorite of mine and not necessarily hugely high calories. Dunno.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:12 AM   #27  

I just had to check in on all the posts....boy you all have been talkative the past two days. My Dad had surgery yesterday to repair a hernia and I was at the hospital most of the day yesterday. I was scared that they wouldn't have anything healthy for me to eat but I was wrong. The cafeteria actually had egg beaters scrambled eggs so I had that and then I had whole wheat toast with sugar free jelly. Luckily they had a Subway aross the street so I was able to go there for lunch. Well today was weigh in day and I am down 2 more pounds.

Ammi--I am so sorry to hear about everything that is going on with your family. I will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there girl....We miss ya and hope you come back soon.

Alison--Congrats on the 3 pound loss!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

Sharon--Congrats on another 3 pound loss as well.....WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

Brenda--Congrats on your BIG NSV!!!! I know you felt so good trying those jeans on as well as zipping them up. I have found many things in my closet that fit now or are too big....Keep it up girl!!!

Lori--Don't worry about the 1 pound gain...I am sure you will see a loss next week.

AMANDA!!!!!!!! Great to have you here....I am there with you girl on the pumpkin pie...It is my weakness too. I will be allowing myself 1 piece on Thanksgiving but only one piece.

Karen--Great job on being under 300....can't wait for the day that I get there.

Jill--WOW!!!! Congrats on the 4.25 pound loss. Great job!!

Valerie--I hope you have a good time at your animal training class...Have a good trip! Hope you have a good time with your friend and your dad.

Well since today is a holiday my son is out of school so I am off to do some housework and then my son and I are going to Walmart for groceries. Hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Andrea
AndreaS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:18 AM   #28  

Rabidstoat....you must have been posting while I was posting....First off everyone gets off track....you just need to pick back up and say you are starting a new day. I know this is hard during the holiday months and is hard for all of us but we can do it. Everyone is going to have little cheat days here and there. What I have learned this time around is it is okay every once in awhile....Now I don't turn one day off to two days off to the week off.....Do the one day off and then get back on track the next day.

Applebee's does still have the WW menu....I went there a couple weeks ago and got the steak and chicken terryaki skewers and they were so good. Hang in there girl....This is the time when we show just how strong we are.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #29  

Good Morning Everyone,

Well I had sort of a mini "test" last night, I took my daughter over to my Mom's house and we baked cupcakes ( FUNFETTI) and I only ate ONE with hardly any icing. In a way I feel kind of guily for eating one but on the other hand I feel accomplished for only eating one. Gee, how bad is that when you feel good about only eating ONE cupcake, but I'm all about being honest with myself.

Has anyone ever tried making Pumpkin Pie with baking Splenda?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Colleywobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #30  

Amanda-- Don't feel bad about the one cupcake....My son and I use to make cupcakes a lot and it was nothing for me to eat 2 or 3 at a time...now I don't trust myself to bring them in the house. Like you said you only ate one so don't worry. I would love to find a recipe for pumpkin pie using Splenda....I will have to look on the internet.