Old 11-09-2005, 04:03 AM   #31  
Pending Email Confirmation

Good Morning people the sun is shining in the UK! thankfully the rain has gone for now!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:42 AM   #32  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey Girls
Have a few minutes before I am off to work. It is going well and certainly doesn't take long to get back in the grind although the working out at 5am is laughable!! So I am really committed that if I need that extra couple of minutes sleep, I work out after I get home. Tried something new last night. It was called "water running". It was quite a workout but really fun and my friend and I had a great time. And there was someone there as big as me! Nice change!!! Also, we had a great chat about weight loss etc and although she doesn't have access to the internet at the moment she will soon, so I told her all about our group here. Sounds like she may check us out

Well, between TOM coming and starting to try to bring a few carbs back in the picture, my scales are showing an 8 lb GAIN! I know they are LYING since my calories are still under 1500 every day and I am still working out almost every day. I'm not letting it bring me down though! Back to eggs instead of toast for breakfast and working out double until WI on Sunday. Maybe I can show a 10 lb loss

Good news for me! On Monday, as soon as I walked into work, the first person I talked to said "Girlfriend! You're shrinking!!!" Whooohoooo Someone is starting to notice!!! Then later on that day, one of the guys that I worked with the week I started dieting noticed too! He is a huge fitness buff so it was nice to hear compliments from someone like that! What a way to start my time back at work!! Now it isn't only Steven and I that notice

Well I must run now... finish my hair and brush my teeth. I will try to post tonight after work to catch up on the posts here.

Stay strong and stay focussed!!

Brenda
going to lose 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:13 AM   #33  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Phew! Just a few minutes between Curves (which I LOVE) and going to clean stalls at the barn...

Ammi, I'm not sure if they'd really enforce the "no food/drink brought in," but I think they make more $$ on the food than the movie ticket - it's at least frowned on.

Anyone that sees "Zorro", that horse is a Friesian. I thought the stunts were a little over the edge, but Antonio is so, um, you know, and the horse got a bigger part this time, so it was still worth seeing.

Survived dinner with MIL & favorite niece last night. Actually had a pretty good time and managed to skirt around the answer to the "How much weight have you lost?" question. To bad dear niece made pasta as a "healthy" dinner - it was whole wheat/spinach pasta, but after that first serving I was hungrier than when I started, and when I came home I was STARVING (and yes, indulged in some leftover pasta that came home with me.) There was also the matter of a small cupcake sized pumpkin cheesecake in a graham cracker crust for desert, but overall it wasn't as bad as it might have been. I'll just burn off some guilt doing stalls.

Keisha, hang in there cuz YOU are going to MAKE that goal - you took such a short time off the wagon, and you're kicking it now, right? RIGHT!

Jill, I never lived with anyone until I was 39. It has it's occasional moments, but the and the and the are all worth it. I wish you two lots & lots of happiness.
I really hate it when Bill stays up playing cards on the 'puter. He can't get online with that one, but he'll stay up all night playing solitaire when he's upset and internalizing. I hate not having him there, but especially because I know he's trying to handle everything himself and not talking, or he's just flat out depressed. That's the worst, when I don't know how to reach him. I'll have to go get a squirt gun. I used to shoot him with water and he'd either chase me around to get the gun and soak me back. But now, perhaps even if he gets mad, at least that would be better than the zombie state.

Dogpal, I LOVE Curves. The first 2 steps I took thru the door I knew I was in the right place. I go 3 days with a friend, and on Sat's I go by myself. Everybody's working in the same direction, regardless of current condition, and there's a real feeling of comradery - When anyone weighs and shares their progress, everybody is like for them. ... My hubby is the oldest & the spitting image of his dad. His baby bro has always been clearly mama's favorite son. He can do NO wrong, Bill can do little right. She still radiates disapproval at me because I'm Bill's second wife, but little brother has been married 3 times, and his wife walks on water. You hit the nail on the head tho - she's a very unhappy woman, and one of the worst gossips you'll EVER meet. ...Thanks for the "flowers" about my horse. Yours was enormous! Must have been fun trying to get up on him. Very cool that your dad's had Mor-abs, too. You're going to ride again, right next to hubby! You just keep on doing whatchur doing!! One of the great things about the friesians is not only are they beautiful and classy, they are sweethearts - real "pocket ponies." Most of the biggest friesian farms are out on the West coast, although they're everywhere these days. And my friend, Cindy, has Apps - always has. Her sister raises them. She just got a new 3yo this year too, so we're both trying to get weight down to where we can ride comfortably again. She's not as heavy as me, but has even a harder time losing due to other health problems.

Julee, Sorry you're feeling so blah - maybe a cold is trying to catch you or something. Even the weather can put a damper on mood, tho. When I moved here from NY, it took me a couple years to get used to the increased cloud cover. Hope you feel soon!!!

Mom2five, You should see my postcard collection - I'm in a program called Trucker Buddies, and in past years have had 2 classes - down to 1 this year. I'm always buying cards, and have millions extra.

Wyllenn, on your VICtory over that binge reflex! Onward and Downward! You are my hero for the day!

COLLEEN! A big, shiny to you! I loved Shrek, but I'm still waiting to see #2 - I'll have to rent it. I was on the road truckin' when it came out and didn't get to see it - or the last Harry Potter. I see you like Celtic music. My all time favorite CD (I have 2 copies of it) is David Arkenstone's 'Book of Celtic Days'. I LOVE it, but if I listen in the car, I have to keep my foot off the gas for a couple of cuts - what energy. And he has one piece on there that makes my heart ache about every time I hear it - beautifully melencholy

Brenda, sounds like you're another member of the Broken Scale Club. Get that thing fixed by the time TOM is gone, so you can appreciate your good work!

Off to shovel puckies, ladies. Burn, calories, burn!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:15 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Had a bit of a meltdown last night. All those worries of his ex finding us, and stress from my mouthy teenagers put together with an argument with my hubby, and I did a stupid thing. I had a few drinks on an empty stomach. I suffer with depression anyway, and drinking when I was down was a big no no. I ended up having my melt down in front of Beth, crying like an idiot, then when hubby came downstairs he yelled at Beth thinking she had upset me, when in fact it wasn't just her. So I yelled at him, and we had a huge row ending up with my breaking a glass and trying to hurt myself with it. I don't think I was suicidal as such, although I did go for my wrists. I just don't think I would have had the guts to cut as deep as need be. Anyway by now my daughter was upstairs in her room with my step daughter. Daren had calmed me down, and was cleaning up the mess when there was a knock on the door. It was the police! My step daughter told my daughter who is deaf and was none the wiser about what was going on, that I was screaming that I was going to kill Daren and then them!!!! I did no such thing!! It terrified my daughther and she sent a text message to her dad who then rang the police! I can't believe what a mess this all is. There I was stressing about my hubby's ex getting a hold of my step daughter, and then she goes and creates such lies. I just don't get it. Right now I wish her mother would turn up coz I would gladly hand her over.

Anyway I am telling you all this because I am hoping that those of you that do pray, will say a prayer for me. I need strength from somewhere to deal with all the rubbish that is coming my way. Now I expect the social services to come knocking on my door. The police realised that the kids weren't in danger, but I don't know if they still have to inform social services. I am going now to stuff my face. Yep cold comfort and all that, but it's all I have right now. If I don't write for a few days, I am sorry, I'll be back though.

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:29 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Yay, I got through the night with no cough medicine, and I feel human today, so though I have a lingering sniffle and occasional cough I think I'm pretty much well again! Huzzah. I still have some more days of antibiotic to finish up, but then I'm done, done, done with it.

I keep hearing more and more about Curves, in this Forum and others. There's one right down the street from my house. I might join, eventually, when I want to mix up my exercise more. I'm just starting now and, frankly, with all the business travel and stuff I'm not sure if I want to worry about it right now. What I'd really love to find (eventually, not now) is a water aerobics class. But I'm funny about wanting to swim during TOM, so that's not the best year round exercise for me.

Oh, and I have a link to share. It's from a newspaper article that I found online, when looking up how many calories are in a Hershey Kiss. (Stupid candy dish at work! Chocolate sings to me right around TOM.) What I found most intersting was the bit at the bottom, on how different nibbles and bites add up. It lists things like "a sip of someone's beer" or "a bite of a hotdog at the stadium" or "finishing off fries at the bottom of the kid's happy meal" or "crumbs at the bottom of the bag of cookies." And then calories and fat. Funny, but enlightening.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:18 PM   #36  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Ammi-I raised two teenagers, so I know how trying it can be. I will wear my beds out tonight praying for you and your family. Just try to be gentle with your self, and soon things will seem better and brighter.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:23 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Dear Ammi,

I am so sorry hon. I've been there - the whole 9 yards. Had a complete nervous breakdown in 1992, suicide attempt, the whole thing. Was hospitalized - am on meds now for bi-polar syndrome with rapid cycling and borderline personality disorder - AND I've medicated for years using alcohol -

I AM a Christian and I WILL be praying for you - please PM me if you need to talk -

Much Love,

Lori

mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:08 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- Just a quick message to send support and say I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch. When you get a chance, I hope you can take a deep breath and start putting everything in perspective. And try not to worry about your weight and food for a bit -- sometimes other things take precedence! If this is for life then we have to realize that sometimes life will get in the way. I hope you can find your way back to us soon!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:58 PM   #39  

Hi Ladies,

My name is Amanda and I'd love to join your group. I'm currently 290 pounds, have PCOS and trying the "low carb" "diabetic" diet. I lost 32lbs in 10 weeks while pregnant with my daughter ( I had Gestational Diabetes) so I'm basically just trying to eat healthy and smart and cut out the junk. My highest weight was 304 while pregnant with my daughter and my lowest weight in the past 5 years was 220lbs. I look forward to getting to know some of you better.
Colleywobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:27 PM   #40  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

A very fast message, and I apologize to all I'm missing in advance,

Ammi, sweetie, you have my prayers! This too shall pass!!

Rabidstoat, SO glad you're feeling better! If you did decide to join Curves, you can get a "guest pass" to use ANY Curves. I'll be traveling this weekend in Maryland, Virginia & Pennsylvania, & maybe New York, and I can go to one wherever it's convenient.

Colleywobbles, Glad to have you! I was up in the 330's and am now in the mid 290's. Low-carb is the only way I've ever been successful. I hope it works for you as well. Hint: Don't eat at my MIL's - the pasta will destroy you.... (OK-That's what I'm recovering from now.) I love your daughter's name - it's beautiful.

Off to night-night for me - far, far away from the fridge.
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:57 PM   #41  
Michigan Old-Timer

Do NOT post here. Please follow us to 300+ And Ready to Try Again....#782. See you there!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 340/332/200

Height: 5 foot 7

ok ladies... i am back. i was at a 20lbs loss but now i am at 15 and JUST.

i promise to be here at lest once a week.

i missed you all
hugemomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote