banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Hi no life without horses. im Luan welcome
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 07:04 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

I've been laughing about the milk, I am intolerant to dairy, not had any kind of milk for about 7-8 years!!! I had bad spots, migraines which lasted WEEKS, upset tummies and bad nails. When I saw an alternative therapist it was my last hope, but it worked, I rarely get migraines now and it was worth it. If I accidently have milk it makes me feel sick and my breath smells bad, but I can have live yoghurt and I eat cheese, I think I'm addicted to it!!! I should'nt eat cheese but I can't/won't give it up. I have rice milk which is low fat anyway and has added calcium, its vanilla flavoured and good to drink or on cereals.

Valerie, I hope you get to dress up next halloween with your horse, it will be great to see the pictures. I'm glad that you like to 'share' your horses with those less fortunate, I know that there are good & bad people out there, horses or not, so glad that there's so many of the former here!!

bye for now, got to get SOOO much housework I've fallen behind on whilst ill, on holiday or just not felt like it!!!

I did the rich simmons disco sweat, all of it, I did'nt like it, he did'nt explain what he was doing very well and I just got confused.

sharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good Afternoon All,

Well don't look now, but it isn't raining here in not so sunny Wales. Of course that doesn't mean it won't start any second, so no washing out on the line for me today.. I hate drying clothes indoors but then I am sure I have moaned about that before

Sharon (voodoo) - Sorry, but I had so much fun getting things wrong when I did attempt two of the songs on Disco Sweat, laughing helped me do the parts I could do really well I don't have any exercise DVDs where they explain what they are doing, it's always a case of just copying what they do. I bet if you give that DVD a few more tries you will get to learn the moves and enjoy it so much more. That's what I hope will happen with me, especially as I am only going to be doing one or two songs at a time!

That rice milk sounds delicious, it is the same calorie wise as cows milk? I love vanilla but not sure I would like it with cereal, but just as a nice drink on it's own I could be very tempted!!

As for cheese, it's evil, it's just too moreish. Why does it have to be so good and yet so fattening at the same time. I buy the half fat stuff to make cheese sauces etc, but it's just not the same as the real thing, and definitely not as nice in sandwiches. You have to laugh, at Caleigh's party there were all sorts of sweet treats, but what did I go for, the cheese and pickles, and the dip with crackers, yummmmmmm!

Got to go now, I have some emails to write and then it's facing the ironing, yuck. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:07 AM   #19  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Since Ammi mentioned Pickles, has anyone else tried SF pickles? I just discovered them and thought they were great!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:41 AM   #20  

Are SF pickles Slim Fast? Either way, no I haven't tried them, but I figure that all pickles are low fat so good on WW anyway. It's the cheese that go with them that is very naughty LOL.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Howdy folks, just checking in. I am STILL sick! I can't believe it, this is a full week of not just a little sick, but pretty miserably sick. But, the good news is I'm for sure feeling better today! I had a bad night, coughing in the middle of the night and waking up choking, but now that I'm awake (and upright) I'm doing better. Hopefully the antibiotics are kicking butt. I'm going to get on the bike today for sure (if only because I'm like 2 weeks behind in watching the Biggest Loser and I only watch it while on the bike).

Well, yesterday was a mini-binge day for me. At least, I binged on stuff that though not entirely the best, could have been much work. Well, except for the carrot cake. I had a 3 oz slice and it was 470 calories! Yowsers. But very, very good. It was sold in a two-slice serving and I tossed the second slice, don't need that! I still ended up grazing all night, and devoured some graham crackers with peanut butter, and some cheese, which combined with the cake put me about 2500 calories. Definitely could've been worse, though. And I'm back on track today.

wyllenn - I'm totally with you on being unable to exercise 7 days a week! I aim for 4-5 right now, I'm just too hectic to get in 7 days. Business trips pretty much wipe me out, they make for a 16+ hour workday if you count travel time, and I crave sleep too much!

Brenda - Cool on the bras! Mine is starting to get a little loose, and I'm only 14 pounds in. My pants aren't any looser, though. I think I lost all my weight in my bust!
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:15 PM   #22  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Ok..my dirty little secret...I am a karaoke junkie. I sing at least twice a week and I love it...and I do it totally sober (unlike a lot of people). For me it's great release. Jason does it too..when we first started dating he was very wary of it, but then he got up there that first time and was good! And then he got a little hooked too. He doesn't love it as much as I do but he certainly doesn't hate it. He sings swet love songs...more classic stuff and has such a nice voice...I could just swoon sometimes.

Last night was bad though..my friend Patty and I went to a different bar than we usually do for a friend's birthday party. I have sung there before and I love their song selection. What we DID NOT like at all was the fact that they have a $10 minimum purchase per customer..and they were harassing us about it. Neither of us drink and when we have the option of getting water for free, why on earth would we want to pay $3.00 for bottled? So in the end we both coughed up our fair share and bought their overprices diet cokes (everywhere else gives free refills...but there it's per glass) and grumbled. The other thing was that towards the end, we checked and found out that we were both about to come up on the list to sing again, and we were going to leave right after that. But right before I was supposed to sing, the DJ makes an announcement that if there is anyone on the list who has not yet sung to let him know so he can put them ahead on the list. So I went from next to 6th. That was the last straw...we left. At the other place where we sing, there is a written list that everyone can see and you always know when you are singing. If you get there early, lucky you, you might get to sing more, but to let someone onto the list who just got there a half hour before the end and make someone else wait who has already been waiting...it just made us mad, so we left.

Tonight, the birthday friend is having part 3 of his weekend birthday bash...and I volunteered to bring him a cake. Fortunately I really don't like cake anymore, so this won't be too difficult.

Jason is coming over in a little while. I think today's plan is to take all my bags of stuff to Goodwill and then to catch a movie at the $2.00 theatre.

Oh cheese....cheese wonderful cheese...my weakness. Putting me near a cheese plate is so dangerous. I love cheese. The 2 foods I miss the most since starting WW are macaroni and cheese and grilled cheese. I could figure out how to fake a griled cheese sandwich with WW bread and veggie slices but I don't feel like fooling with macaroni and cheese. It's one of those foods that I feel should be left as is and that if I ever feel in control enough to eat some, I will have a small amount in it's normal form and leave it at that. Once upon a time I would eat Velveeta shells and cheese by the box...often times straight from the pot. I do love the Laughing Cow light cheese wedges though. One wedge is 1 point and it goes a long way. It spreads nicely and I like the flavors.

Happy Sunday!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 02:06 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Julee -- Some great confidence boosters there -- dinner with inlaws and the new wardrobe! Those are really gratifying!

You would probably really like karaoke in Asia (at least in China and Japan). There, you don't sing in a bar full of strangers and wait your turn... you and a group rent a room for some period of time (usually rates by the 1/2 hour), and your group has the space to yourselves! It's a blast!

Valerie -- I think my dog Othello is my therapist! (the puppy is still too young to sit still ... though in his own way...) When I come home after a crappy day, it really gives me a boost that these 2 guys are soooo happy to see me! Of course, partly they're hungry, but I'll take their snuggles and love every day of the week!

Alison -- Great for you for 5 days on plan! It feels so good to be in control!!!

Rabidstoat -- with all your travel, when and how DO you exercise? (and I'm with you on the sleep thing). I hope you feel better soon!!

Ammi -- Yes, yummy, yummy blue milk! Thank you!! Also, I'm so glad to see the days "off plan" have helped focus you. When I started a few months ago I was terrified of "slip-ups" but I am learning that planned days to eat more food can be very helpful, psychologically. I think I need permission sometimes to eat food I normally wouldn't so as not to feel deprived. As long as I can go BACK to my "new normal" then it will be fine. Unplanned days, I think, would be a problem for me, at least now.

AND, I am so with you on craving salty foods, not sweet! I really thought I WOULD crave sweets, but it's not what I turn to...

And as for cheese... and mac and cheese... YUM!
I have tried the lowfat stuff and use it on sandwiches and whatnot, but I can't and won't give up the real thing (muchly moderated in quantity now...)

My big secret is that I am a Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Junkie. I actually LOVE the White Cheddar mac and cheese, and would usually eat the whole box myself Even made with 1 tbsp of butter, it clocked in at 900 cals! Now, I divide up the macaroni and cheese mix into 2 parts, and make only 1/2 at a time. Using 1/2 tbsp of butter, this clocks in at around 450 cals, with 10 g of fat. Doable for the occasional dinner, esp if I supplement with a veggie. Who knows, maybe someday I'll be down to 1/3 of a box, the "suggested" serving size!

Last night we made a GREAT dinner! Red beans and rice! Simple! Tasty! Cheap! Low cal and low fat! I really didn't feel we compromised on any flavor. We even threw in some shrimp (in place of the recommended sausage). AND, I was really full after. We're already planning when we can have that again!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 06:07 PM   #24  

Rabidstoat - I am sorry that you have been so unwell, and I hope those antibiotics kick in really quickly now. Nothing worse than trying to diet when you are unwell.

Your mini binge sounds like a healthy one with that delicous carrot cake. It was like me the other day pigging out on muesli why is healthy stuff so fattening that's what I would like to know!

Julee - so your secret is out huh, a karaoke junky. You must sound pretty good too, it would be lovely to get up and sing even when sober!! It's a shame you had such a sucky time of it on the weekend at both of those places with Karaoke. I can just imagine how frustrating it was.

What movie did you end up seeing with Jason, that's cool that it's only $2. I would go more often if it was that cheap!

I see you another cheese fiend I hadn't had any since I started my diet, so it was wonderful having it at Caleigh's party, yum. Hearing you talking about the laughing cow cheese triangles has made me really fancy some. Spread on cold toast, mmmm. That's it, I am going to have to make a trip to the shop tomorrow!!

Wyllen - mmm, how are you doing with the blue milk, I am so envious that you are having it and not me

I know what you mean about planned days off being good for us. I really do think that feeling deprived of things especially when other people are indulging does end many a diet. I used to have a day off every Saturday, but I decided that especially with not exercising I couldn't afford a day off that often. So now I am just having days off on special occasions. Maybe when my diet is stronger and I have lost a lot more weight I will feel like I can have a weekend treat more often.

I am the same as you when it comes to eating high calorie meals, I tend to split them into two. I even do that with WW meals I cook from scratch. They are normally around 20 points per whole recipe and it's supposed to be for 4 people. Those servings are tiny though, so I have half of the recipe one day, and the other half another day. 10 points per meal isn't bad at all.

Well time for me to get some sleep now. One more week before I weigh, I better make sure it's a good one. Bye for now and happy weigh ins to those weighing on Monday. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-06-2005, 06:47 PM   #25  

Hey Girls!!! Hope all of you are having a great weekend.

Graduation went well yesterday and of course afterwards we went to Red Lobster to celebrate. It was very good and I really enjoyed it. I am back on track again today. It's a good feeling to know that I can take a day off and jump right back the next day. I use to not be able to do that.

All this talk about cheese....YUMMY!!

Julee -- I also love the Laughing Cow Light Wedges....they are sooo good.

Wyllen --I made red beans and rice about a week ago and we made it with turkey sausage and I couldn't even tell the difference. I think next time we may try the shrimp. Sounds good.

Rabidstoat-- Sorry to hear that you are so sick...I hope you get better soon.
AndreaS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #26  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Default Greetings from warm cold rainy sunny windy Ohio

Hello Folks - It was a two rainbow day here today - probably more actually, but I SAW two anyway. It was so warm out at 8am this morning that I put horses out in a tee-shirt. The cold wind out there now has gone thru my jacket and tied my shoulders in knots. Can't complain - it IS Nov... I mean GOvember!

Had a really nice visit with my Hubby, but he left around noon... and I made a B-line for the barn Got to ride the percheron today. He spooked at the wind driving a tree branch against the barn roof, but gravity was in a forgiving mood and I managed to stay aboard.

Ammi, by SF pickles I meant Sugar Free. Sweet pickles are so high cal - and I love those little sweet gerkins! I love cheese, too. At least, with cheese, they aren't Empty calories. I worry about all the salt in both pickles and cheese tho.

Rabidstoat, Glad you're on the mend! I don't know how you can even think of getting on the bike with a cough like that. - I'm a ex-carrot cake-addict myself. Love the stuff, and never dreamt it was so bad when I was still eating it all the time. Definately a good move - and a difficult one - throwing that extra piece away!

Julee, I envy your courage!!! I love to sing, but don't have a voice. I would never have the guts to sing in front of strangers.

Wyllenn, Dogs. Don't they just radiate joy? Just in the way they say 'Welcome home' they shine a light on your heart that chases a bad day away. - Had to laugh at your comment about the Kraft CHEEEEESE & macaroni - the "Suggested serving"! Yeah! Right!

Andrea, Good deal, that you're back on track after your day off! Very empowering.

A couple of people have done that lately, and I was thinking it's really a good thing to take that day or two off now and then. Not just because you deserve something special, and you gain a sense of control knowing you can do it, but because your body might look at those extra calories and respond by burning more. I even read recently that if you've hit a plateau and aren't losing in spite of a low cal count, it's because your body has shut down and gone into starvation mode. To kick up your metabolism, you increase your food intake. You may even gain a couple pounds back, but in the long run you've increased your metabolism. That made sense to me - it explains why sometimes people who eat a little more still lose more weight than someone who's only eating really lo-cal.

Well, I'm wiped out for some reason. Must be all the fresh air I got today. Up early to work out in the a.m., so night-night from chilly, windy Ohio.
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #27  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Yesterday I had an emotional breakdown. Not sure what triggered it, but it wasn't good. I was getting ready for the Jones concert (which was terrific!) and nothing in my closet was "right". Either had stains on it, too big, still too small, not dressy enough, too dressy.....etc. All my "fancy" clothes weren't fitting right. So Steve walks in the room and I'm standing there crying like a blubbering idiot because I am technically getting skinny..... tell me I don't need therapy
He even tried taking me shopping which I thought was a terrible idea in the state I was in. Note to hubby.... don't take a fat women shopping when she is already in a fragile state

SO I get my emotions in check and we go buy a shirt, head to the city and Steve asks where I want to go for dinner.... I think I just needed one of those cheat days we have been discussing I literally felt like I was losing my mind. We went to our favorite fish and chips place. I was semi-good and only had one piece of fish and half my chips. Unfortunately Steve is going to start gaining if he keeps cleaning my plates!

Then we need to go get batteries so we can take concert pics.... we just "happen" to buy some chocolate covered peanuts to take with us. I felt terrible this morning. It was supposed to be my weigh day but I couldn't force myself. I worked out though for a total of 1.5hrs to make up for it so I feel better.

Well ladies, I need to hit the sack. Tomorrow I go back to work and it will make it easier to get my routine going if I start with a full nights sleep.

Sorry that I didn't get to address everyone individually but Steve has been hogging the computer today and now I am out of time

Have a happy Monday!

Brenda
going to lose 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 10:05 PM   #28  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Well..we never made it to the movies, but we did have a lovely day taking all of my bags of stuff to Goodwill, having lunch and then driving into Hollywood for a little exploration. Jason anted to check out a comic book store that he had not been to in ages, and much to my delight and surprise there was loads of stuff there for me to look at as well. I have gotten into some graphic novels...but I like stories about normal people...no super heroes or supernatural for me. Dinner was yummy at a sushi place....totally Core I spent more than I had planned to spend but after our nice day together I was cool with it. But the BESTEST part of the day was when we went to Target and I got into a pair of 18 jeans and a gorgeous 18 skirt...not 18 plus...regular 18!!! I didn't buy either (Ok the skirt was snug) but I got into them both!!! Fare thee well plus-size section. I'll send a postcard soon! I also realized half way through target that my undies were loose and baggy so I got some new cute ones in a smaller size. Heaven!

Yes...my name is Julee and I love Kraft Macaroni and Cheese...especially the Kraft deluxe with the squeezy cheese. I also love Easy Mac, which only requires water and is in a single serving size...but it's not quite as gratifying as a big bowl of the real stuff with the gooey sticky cheese and then scraping it all off the sides.

I think that if I were to ever have a REALLY off day, I would have peanut butter, 1 krispy kreme plain glazed donut, a toasted sesame bagel with real butter, and macaroni and cheese. I shudder to think of how many points it would be..and I will not go and check it out.

It's the end of the weekend and we're taking off soon for part 3 of Eric's Bday bash...

Good Night ladies...hope the coming week is full of happiness and joy!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 10:20 PM   #29  
4me
4me

Smile Brand New

I'm ready, I have a lot to lose and I know with alot of work, humor and a positive attitude it will happen! Any good chicken recipes?

Last edited by 4me; 11-06-2005 at 10:27 PM.
4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:44 AM   #30  

Hello All,

Well it's Monday morning and another start to another diet week. This is the week where I have to be extra good on my diet and even attempt a bit of exercise if I am still going to see a loss on the scales when I weigh on Sunday. I did my housework/exercise this morning but I have really pulled my back, so that's it for today. I had hoped to get the ironing all done, but it's going to have to wait til tomorrow. It's easy for the doctor to tell me not to stretch, or bend or twist at the waist, but it's so difficult to do any housework and not do all of that. So I will rest up for today, and carry on with my work tomorrow.

4me - hello and welcome. Your name is just perfect and I think when you are dieting for YOU and not for other people it's always that much easier. I have a gorgeous recipe for creamy chicken pasta. If you want it, let me know! What diet are you following?

Julee - that is wonderful that you got to try on regular size 18 clothes and that they fit you. I bet you were thrilled. AND, I don't know if Target there is the same as in Australia, but over there it was a kind of bargain store. Fairly good clothes for great prices. Because it was cheap you found that a size 18 would really fit more like a size 14, so just think, it Target is the same there you are even smaller than an 18

I loved the sound of everything you would eat on a planned day off, it all sounded delicious, especially the bagel mmm.

OK I have to ask it - how come Eric is having a 3 part birthday bash? Is it a special age birthday, or has he had to do various things to make sure all his friends could take part in at least some of the celebrations?

Brenda - so sorry to hear about your emotional melt down. I think we all have them now and then. Hopefully you felt much better after it though.

I am glad you enjoyed the concert, and I hope you enjoyed the choc covered peanuts. I love choc covered raisins, I could eat a bag full all by myself. Sounds like you have definitely worked off your treats though with all that exercise. Good for you!!

I hope you had a good sleep and that you were up and feeling fresh for your fist day back to work.

Valerie - oh SF is sugar free? It's funny, although they are called sweet pickles I never thought about the sugar content. I just thought low fat, thats what counts lol. As for the salt, I don't worry too much about that because as an Ileostomist I have to have more salt than a person without one. I can't remember why LOL, but I am not arguing with my doctor about it, especially as I like salty things

I think you are right about treat days helping the metabolism along. My hubby has breakfast, then doesn't eat all day and then he has a snack, or a sandwich while tea is cooking and then he eats all that. I tell him that that won't help him lose weight, yet he gets on the scales and has lost 8 lbs in about a month. Keeping in mind that when he does eat it's not diet stuff, it is so annoying It definitely has to have something to do with that starvation mode thing. That's why I try to have my three meals a day and have low fat snacks inbetween so my metabolism doesn't think I am starving it!! I don't think it's paying attention to me though

Andrea - so glad the graduation went really well and that you enjoyed your celebrations at the Red Lobster. It's so great to have a treat and know you can be straight back on track after it.

Have you got that recipe for the red bean and rice meal you had recently. It sounds really tasty and both you and Wyllen have sung it's praises. So, I want to try it

I hope everybody is ok, and don't forget, we want you all to post regardless of if you reply about what everybody else says. Hearing your news is what matters the most, so everybody, please post, post post

Hugs,

Ammi