Old 11-07-2005, 01:33 AM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Good evening / morning everyone.
I had a WONDERFUL weekend trip to look at fall foilage in SE Okla / Arkansas.
It was absolutely BEAUTHIFUL !!!!
There is a National Park that has the scenic Talamina Drive. It runs between the town of "Talahina, Ok" and "Mina, Arkansas" The drive to get to Mina was just GORGEOUS !!! The sun was shining and upper 70's degree. It was a great trip.

I am completely worn out and ready for bed... but wanted to touch base first. I was sorry to see so little activity when I got back home. I hope everyone knows how much we need to hear from everyone else.

I will try to check back in ... in the morning.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-07-2005 at 01:35 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:58 AM   #17  

Smile Good morning!

Good morning ladies, I'm bacccccck! My one day trip turned into an all weekender. Lots of shopping and waaaay too much eating! It was nice though. Got a lot of my Christmas shopping done, came home broke and bent. Pooped!

Okay, I have already admitted too much eating. Today I am going to be this perfect Now where the heck did I put my halo? I sure won't be stepping on the scale for a few days. Believe me I know how nutty it is to do this over and over again.

How are the rest of you doing? Now who said don't do as I do, do as I tell you to do? As if anyone falls for that one!

I have tons of things to do this morning, so off I go to start doing them. Check back later. Iwillbe....Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:11 AM   #18  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Morning, Old Hens!

TOM is here....and brought some lovely water weight with him! GRRR...up 10 lbs! But I am not changing my ticker because I know it is temporary.

2Cute: Sounds like a beautiful trip! That is one thing I miss about being in Florida--not seeing the leaves change like up north!

Ruth: Now that sounds like fun--shop til you drop!

Got some good exercise this weekend--helped our friends paint a room. Boy, my muscles were sore though!

Will check in later!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:59 AM   #19  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Default Merry Monday!

Cluck, cluck & all that, ladies!

Thin, I hope the pre-move-in remodeling is going well. I like to paint, but holy-cow! Sounds like you're doing a lot of it!

2Cute, What a great way to spend time with your DH. The trees up here were still pretty last week, but a wind storm over the weekend ripped about the last of the leaves off. The maple outside my kitchen window went from orange-tipped gold to naked in 2-3 days. At least it's sunny out - the bunny is out of his hutch soaking up some autumn rays.

Ruth, I hope you find that halo Give it a shine and pop it back on! Look at the bright side - you've kicked your metabolism up so your angelic ways will be very effective this week, and all that shopping HAD to be lotza walking & good exercize! After all, youWillbe thinner and healthier, 2DAY!

Jen, I'm just kicking TOM out the door myself. So nice to see the scale drop at the end of the week - it's ALmost worth the pain. ...Now that you're painting muscles are all warmed up, sounds like Thin could use some help

I've been really revved up lately - Joining curves helped a lot, but just being HOME is so precious and wonderful to me that I'm really in 'positive place' - mentally & physically as well as geographically. Yesterday after a day outdoors at the barn I looked at my cals for the day and they were actually too low - 850, so I added some yogurt & fiber later in the day than I like to eat. I guess if you keep eating too low cal, your body will adjust to burning only that amount - hence the dreaded "plateau". One thing I've been really bad about is drinking water. They tell me it's especially important to keep my skin elastic... and shrinking hopefully, but yesterday I had basically none. Our house water is kinda yucky, even with a little lemon added, but I hate paying for it when it comes outa the tap for free. Just something I HAVE to do. At least I'm up to 17 oz so far today. Bottoms Up! Best wishes for an On-Plan, Feel Good, Kick Calories kinda day, everyone!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:53 AM   #20  

Good Morning Ladies!

I hope you are all having a good day. Just a quick drive-by posting. I'm tired, tired, tired and in a cruddy mood. Don't know why, just am. Had a decent weekend. Not the best, food-wise, but better than before. Right now I'm just apathetic about it all because I'm tired. If I didn't have so darn much work to do,
I'd have called in sick.

Oh well, off to do more hearings stuff. Later ladies.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:19 PM   #21  

Please can I join your thread. I am 58 years old and this morning I was 273.5 pounds. I really have to do something to get some of this weight off. The only trouble is I've been saying that every Monday morning since I was about 18. Now my health is being seriously affected and whilst I don't think I will ever be slim losing, anything would be a bonus. I lost about 50 pounds 4 years ago (it's back on now) and I posted regularly on 3FC then and it helped so I'm hoping for inspiration again.
cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:32 PM   #22  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi Mavis---WELCOME!!

Make this the very last Monday you say those words. Make each day count, because YOU DO!!

This is a sweet group of gals who understand the frustrations of too much weight. I read every day for my inspiration!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:56 PM   #23  
aka Valerie

BACK, Mavis!I know these ladies and the 3FC list are a tremendous support for me. When I was in a slump I didn't post. Too bad, 'cuz they probably would have lifted (or booted) me out of it!

Well, I'm singing the MIL blues this evening. I went to the meat market and I have NO idea why, but I picked up a loaf of bread on the way to the counter. I didn't even think about it until he'd rung it up, so I just bought it. I haven't had bread in the house for weeks, and haven't missed it. As I was walking in the door, my MIL called. By the time we hung up, I had a date with her for dinner later this week... and I'd toasted, buttered and Eaten 2 slices of bread. Those two wouldn't be a big deal by themselves, but now 30 of their brothers are sitting on the counter screaming "OH NO! DINNER WITH your MIL" I adore my other in-laws, but my MIL always seems to be, well, " " If she's smiling at you, worry.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:51 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I'm here. Tired this evening. Stupid, dog thought it was appropriate to look out the bedroom window and bark this morning. At 4:30 am. Since the alarm was going off at 5:15, I didn't really get back to sleep. I got in a really good workout this morning. 30 minutes of weights, stability ball and pilates. 30 minutes on the airdyne (stationary bike with the arms). Felt great. But now I'm so sleepy I can hardly stay awake for dinner. Gosh, wouldn't it be a shame to sleep through Monday night football??

I had a really good weekend. Which is why I've been absent. Mom came up on Friday. Its been a while since she's been up. We met Richard and Linda out for dinner on Friday night. Macaroni Grill. We had a great time. She liked them and they liked her. On Saturday morning, we went to see Silver at her new home. Mom rescued Silver from being stolen by a trainer for non-payment and from the owner since neither had any business with her. She's the cutest silver grey Appaloosa mare. The trainer said she was trained and the owner didn't think so so they got into a fight over money. Someone else got the horse and brought it to mom's and mom decided to give the owner some money and keep her. The guy said Silver was crazy and would never be a good horse. I made mom sell her to a friend of mine who is a trainer. They have been riding her so we got to see that on Saturday. She is so cute. Mom was thrilled to see that she has a good home and that she isn't a crazy horse after all. Just needed lots of TLC. Then we were off to see our horses and new boarding home. She hadn't seen our weanlings yet. Mom loves horses and that is where I got it from. We went to see Dreamer Saturday night. We loved it. She left early on Sunday since she still has animals to care for at home. Just a great visit.

Sunday we got the best news. Some of you know that DH became officially disabled from his job back in April. Lots of tests and in July we filed for social security disability. Everyone said to expect it to take months and to be denied the first time and then have to get a lawyer. DH has received some short term disability income from the school but nothing during the summer. He tried a business during the summer that in reality didn't make money in the long run. I decided to borrow from my 401K just to have a cushion in the savings to cover his lost income until the SSD comes through. We've heard essentially nothing since filing online and then filling out a questionnaire back in August. That was to describe what his days are like and what he can and cannot do. While in Las Vegas, we got a call that they needed his DD-214 (discharge from the Navy) but no other information was provided. We had to wait a couple of weeks and thankfully that arrived. He took a copy to the SS office on Halloween. I didn't get the weekend mail until after church on Sunday. I about screamed when I saw a check in the mail from the government to DH. I ran up the stairs, crying, and shoved the check at him. He didn't know what it was until I told him to look at the amount and then he started crying. We have been in such limbo for six months now. I have had many sleepless times where I'd wake up wondering if I had gotten enough money to last us and what would happen if it took the two years people have told us. I was so emotional all yesterday afternoon. It was like I had been holding my breath for six months and could finally let go. We are amazed that it took only four months. But we're also puzzled as to why there was no letter of approval or explanation sent out. Just a check. The check was dated two days after he hand delivered the DD214. Gosh, hope it wasn't a mistake and we have to give it back.

Our next steps will be getting bids to replace the deck and get the outside painted. We have to move next year so that DH doesn't have to deal with the steps anymore. We have to get the house ready to sell in the spring. Our goal is to buy 5-10 acres so that we have our horses on our own property and under our own control. Wow, it would be so nice to be able to come home from work and have "going to the barn" be nothing more than walking across the yard with my dog walking beside me. No more leaving the dog and DH at home without me. That's our dream. We've even been talking about convincing mom to sell her place and move up here to be on land with us.

Food has been so-so. Just more food at meals than was necessary. Maybe now with that weight off my shoulders, I can look forward.

I've been debating about stiffing the dog on a walk or not. He's currently laying on the floor looking like he's asleep. That could be a ruse and as soon as I shut the laptop he may be up full of energy and ready to go. I think I hear snoring. Now if I could just slither out of the chair and get past him without waking him up.

Sorry, that became pretty long-winded about me, me, me. I hope no one minds that I'm too tired for replies. Good night!

Welcome to the group, Mavis!!!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:26 AM   #25  

Smile Good morning!

Good morning ladies, How are you this beautiful spring like morning? It is sooooo warm here! I am not complaining!

Jen, yes, the shopping was fun, but I think I spent way too much money! We may be on bread and water the rest of this month. I wonder how much I could lose on that diet.

Terri, I know you are relieved that there is more income coming in. I have been through those tough times and it is no fun! I hope you and DH can find the property you want. I have enough land that I COULD have livestock, but I don't think the city ordinance would let me! This is a small town and people try to get away with a lot, but they toughened up the laws.

Nolifewithouthorses, Bread! The root of all evil, or it is in this house! I love my bread! That is why I can't do core, just have to have bread. Course, I don't hink eating the whole loaf would be such a good idea.

Mavis welcome to the hen house!

Lilion, get some rest!

Thin and 2cute, hi! What's up?

Did I welcome everyone that has joined us in the last few days? If not I am not always addled brained, just most of the time. Okay, time to go and huff and puff and I don't mean smoke! Have a good op day. See Ya later! Iwillbe....Ruth

Old 11-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #26  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning ladies.

Terri ... I am soooooo HAPPY for you and DH !!!! I hope this is a new beginning for you both. With this stress relieved hopefully it will help in your weightloss journey too.

Ruth... we have BEAUTIFUL weather here too. Almost record breaking warm.
Even though you spent lots of money... you also have a lot of Xmas shopping done.

Valerie ... being a MIL myself ... I always wonder what DIL "REALLY" thinks of me. LOL
I think us MIL get a bad rap sometimes unjustifiably.
I loved your comment... "if she smiles at you...worry !!"

Mavis... WELCOME !!!!!!! It is always great getting newcomers.
You know the basics since you have been here before.... keep on posting and let us get to know you.

Thin... Are you getting any closer to being done with the boys new homes.??
Don't wear yourself out. Did the baby's vents get cleaned ?? I hope you are getting enough sleep.

Michelle... Tonight is your weigh in. how do you think you did ??
I need more structure in my efforts. I am maintaining okay... but need to LOSE !!!

Lilion... Always love your drive bys... enjoy your long posts much better.

Jen ... Is that trainer Jillian Michaels your personal trainer ??
I don't know why but I think of Biggest Loser trainer when I read your little signature line.
speaking of Biggest Losers... Don't those people look AWESOME when they WORK HARD for their success. The show itself d r a g s o u t too long for me... but I watch it to see the end results. I am sooo envious of their willingness to do whatever it takes. Their WILLINGNESS to do whatever it takes is equally as impressive as the weight loss.

Hope everyone MAKES THIS A GOOD DAY !!!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:36 AM   #27  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi gals:

2Cute: Don't I WISH she was my perosnal trainer!!! There's a thread on The Biggest Loser thread where Jillian herself is answering questions. That is a quote from her answer to me personally.

Now, I'm not so naive to think that it is possibly NOT her who is answering our questions, but it's kind of like believing in Santa--until someone proves it differently, I'll continue to believe! Her book is AWESOME. The workouts look scary though!

Will check in later!!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:35 PM   #28  
I'm on my way!

Good evening everyone!! It was a beautiful day in Raleigh today! Almost 80* with the sun shining! I sure don't miss those long, cold, snowy days up north!!

Thin, have you had snow yet?

Teri I bet that is a big relief off your shoulders!! I always believed things happen for a reason, and we always survive even though at the time we second guess ourselves and arent so sure we can manage!! I think women in general are survivors! Now with that weight off your shoulders you can concentrate on YOU again! Your dreams are wonderful, I truly hope you find that perfect property for you!

Thin, have you worn yourself down yet? I hope your boys are going to each cook you a big fantastic dinner in their new homes!! You deserve the mommy of the year award!!

Jen, YOU CAN TOTALLY DO THIS!! We ALL can!! Just never give up!!

2Cute...I did rejoin tonight on my way home from work. I really wasnt' happy with the scale..but having two scales at work kinda let me know before hand what to expect...however, I was hoping the scale at work was just off by about oh say like 10 lbs! LMAO I knew inside though that wasn't the case! I just don't feel comfortable in my scrubs anymore!! I hate getting dressed in the morning! So you do know you can come to me for the accountability! I will march your hiney right beside mine on this journey till we get it right!! This time I am going all the way to the end!

Mavis welcome to the group! I just found my way back after a long hiatus! I'm trying to lure some oldies back again too!! You will love the support you get here!!

Valerie...I laughed out loud at your comment "If she smiles at you, worry!" That is too funny! Unfortunately I no longer have a MIL, my ex and his family live in Rhode Island and I am in NC now, John's mom passed away long before I met him and his dad just passed two years ago. But...he has 3 sisters and 2 brothers all with spouses, kids and some with grandkids and let me tell you...there is always some sort of drama going on with some of them! I just have to sit back and laugh! I have one sister, a BIL, one 21 yr old nephew and my mom and dad. We are a pretty quiet family! Anyways....I know I just babbled there.

Moving on....I'm starting my journey first thing in the morning...anyone coming along for the ride?? Any oldie hens lurking and want to join? Steph where are you? Tina girl...I need you! Who else is out there? Come back and join us again!! EVEN if you aren't OP!! Just come back and say HI!!

Gotta get stuff ready for the morning! Will talk at you all again later!

Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:48 AM   #29  

Smile Good morning!

Well, good morning ladies! I am in something of a hurry this morning, but I wanted to checK in.

I have a 9 oclock appt. so I have to get my buns moving if I want to exercise, shower, dress and drive 26 miles. I hope you all have a terrific day!

I will check in later hopefully. Iwillbe...Ruth
Old 11-09-2005, 10:38 AM   #30  
aka Valerie

Hey, 2Cute - I'm sure YOUR DIL doesn't have the problems I do with my MIL. She's just an overall unhappy person. She resented her husband, who passed away 18 mos ago with alzheimers, and my hubby is his carbon copy, so I think some resentment carried over. She's just always got something to say about EVERYone, and it's usually said behind the back of her hand, if you know what I mean. I'm always scared I'll say something that she'll manage to twist. And I KNOW that as I lose weight it will just be an excuse for her to talk about how fat I am and have been. Everything she says has an air of "Tsk, tsk, tsk!" Good grief! Last night she was gossiping about how long the neighbor ran his hose without EVEN washing his car! Can you imagine?!?! running his water bill up like that!?!? tsk tsk tsk. Get! a! Life!
Anyway, as I said, I ADORE my SIL. Now THAT woman walks on water!

Michelle, I could sure use that sunshine and warm weather. The chill is kinda getting to me up here - but once I get to working on those stalls I should warm right up!

I loved hearing about Silver, the rescue horse, and everyone's journey yesterday - I have to run but I'll be back tonight. Hope everyone has a chance to post at least a quickie by then! I'm looking forward to the news!