Old 11-04-2005, 09:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi all -- I just wanted to check in -- everytime I look there are so many messages and I want to try to address them all, so I don't write... And I think it's that kind of all-orn-none thinking that I use with food and weight loss too, so...

Despite the fact that there is STILL Halloween candy in the basket on our secretary's desk, I have not had ANY of it. I really haven't wanted any of it, so it hasn't been a problem. Maybe all the sweet goodness I ate at the Indian restaurant helped. More likely, it's just that I haven't eaten chocolate in over a month, and don't crave it when I don't have it. Something to think about.

I seem to be going out to eat more these days than I was this summer. It scares me less than it did then. I am learning to make better choices -- but it helps when I know what kind of food I have to choose from. Last night we went to Red Lobster. Not a place I had been to much before, but having info online was a great way to plan!!

Congrats on everyone's losses (and perhaps Catherine's gain!!?)

Ammi, glad your husband's ex seems to be out of the picture again. Really stressful! And I'm glad you're back after 2 days off!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:43 AM   #17  

Well today was my weigh in today....my weight stayed the same but I am not too bummed about it because I knew that I was going to hit a plateau.....I have already lost 25 pounds in 6 1/2 weeks. I have been sick with a stomach virus most of the week and missed exercise a couple days.

Jill -- Congrats on being down another 2.25 pounds. Great job!!!!!!!

Ammi -- Glad you are back on track again today!! Great job for coming back.

Tomorrow we are going to Red Lobster after my graduation so that will be a day off for me........they have endless shrimp. Anyways I won't over do it....

Oh before I forget I measured my waist yesterday and I have lost 2 inches just in my waist. I have about 6 pairs of jeans and 4 other pants that I can't wear anymore so I am gonna sell them on Ebay. I also picked out a couple shirts that were getting too big.

My best friend who I haven't seen in a few weeks saw me on Halloween night when I took my son trick or treating and she told me that she could really tell I have lost weight....that made me feel so good.
AndreaS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #18  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Good morning gals!

Last night we went to the pub to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday with his friends. I brought a delicious cake to share with everyone. I ended up having two pieces ....oh well.....hopefully there won't be any backlash from it.

Off to a shaky start today--hoping to keep it under control.

Have a great day!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:00 AM   #19  

Andrea -- Have fun at Red Lobster. Yes, they do have endless shrimp (I tried a couple of my husband's coconut shrimp. Yum.). I had the talapia in a bag and it was very tasty!

Jen -- The cake is SOOOO yesterday! It's okay that you ate it, but forget about that today and remember: your next healthy meal is the next one you eat! (hoepfully!)
Old 11-04-2005, 12:02 PM   #20  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Ammi: you made a comment about blowing off the whole weekend and starting over again in Monday because you had gone off-plan on Friday. Good for you for staying OP...it's hard sometimes and it's an awful way that we sabotage ourselves. We go off for one day for some specific reason and then we rationalize that "oh well I blew it today so why bother tomorrow...I'll just start over again next wek..or next month..or never." So KUDOS to you for staying strong!

The never-ending phone saga...they came yesterday and found that one of Jason's neighbors knocked a wire out when moving their BBQ...so they came and fixed it and all was well. Until this morning. The jack in the bedroom doesn't work at all and the one in the living room is all static. So he called them back and they are calling him with a specific appointment time for Saturday. He is so fed up and frustrated...he is considering getting rid of SBC and switching to Time-Warner cable phone. Thank goodness for options these days.

I made dinner for Jason last night and suffice it to say...it was awful. I made turkey cutlets with an apricot-dijon mustard glaze...which was overcooked and dry...sauteed veggies which were overcoked and too spicy and sweet potatoes...which were fine. Thank goodness he is a good sport and played along like it was fine. I was willing to dump it all in the garbage and take him out to dinner but he insisted that it was fine. I love that man. My cooking usually isn't so bad.

Off to spend Friday at the grocery stores...yes stores...it will take stops at 4 different stores to get everything that I need!!! ACK!

Happy weekending...
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Wyllen - you know the other day when I saw all the posts I had missed out on I nearly said, oh I'll never catch up, I'll just stop posting. But I think it's important for people to realise that even if they don't comment on all that everbody says, we know that they are at least reading the posts. It's quite ok to just post our own news here without commenting on everything else. So please any lurkers who don't want to post because they are overwhelmed with everybody's posts, please do write, it is amazing how much it helps just to be accountable to friends here!!

That said, I am glad you posted Wyllen even though there were so many posts you knew you couldn't catch up on. I was like that last night. Too worn out to even attempt to reply to everybody individually. I do have a lot of free time most days so do get to reply individulally mostly, but it's good sometimes to just do a quick post with my news.

You are amazing not giving in and having any Halloween candy, I wasn't tempted much either. But I did have a small assortment of jelly sweets yesterday and a couple of squares of chocolate. It was nice to have after so long, but I enjoyed it and am happy to go without it again now possibly until Christmas.

Well done on eating well when you went to the Red Lobster. A few of the women here have mentioned that place, it does sound great. I love prawn cocktails, that's one of my Christmas treats that I have planned, mmmm. I have decided that when I do my buffets over Christmas I am going to put some healthier options for me there too, rice cracker crisps, and sandwiches with no butter etc. I will still have my treats, but be a bit sensible with it too. That will help make up for all the chocolate treats I will have

Andrea - you have done brilliantly to lose so much so quickly. I am glad you aren't letting no loss this week upset you. You are very wise, and right to realise that a plateau after doing so well had to be expected. Let's just hope it isn't going to be a long plateau!!

I hope you had a lovely time at the Red Lobster, there it is again, that restaurant. I wish we had one here so I could try it out.

I am really glad you are having to get rid of clothes that are now too big for you and that your friend on Halloween said that she could really tell you have lost weight. It's wonderful when it becomes noticeable like that isn't it. I am still waiting for that to happen to me...my therapist says she can see I have lost weight, but I think she is just being nice lol.

Jen - life would be so boring and diets would NEVER last if we had to depive ourselves of everything. There's nothing wrong with having a treat on a loved one's birthday, so try not to feel guilty. I have no guilt over what I ate on my hubby and step daughters birthdays. I enjoyed every mouthful and am back on track now. Happy belated birthday wishes to your BF.

Julee - yes it does feel good that I managed to stop myself thinking that it's so close to the weekend that I had my treat days that I should carry it on til Monday. We do sabotage ourselves don't we. I mean I already had the two break days, why make it worse by adding 3 more just because it was a weekend!!

Sorry to hear that Jason is still having grief with getting his phone sorted out. Go on, encourage him to change phone companies. In this day and age it's just wrong to have bad service of any kind. Choice is a wonderful thing!! I hope that whatever he decides to do that he will be having no problems with his phone very soon!!

Jason sounds like a perfect guy, eating the meal that you yourself said was a disaster! Much nicer than somebody saying, that's foul and throwing it out!! You have such a sweetheart in him don't you!!

Ok well time to go again now. I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend, and don't forget, write whenever you want, don't worry if you don't have time to reply to posts, we want to hear from you all anytime!!

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #22  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Default Such TOTALLY forward motion this morning!!!

Congrats ladies, and a big WHOOP! WHOOPS!!! - Jilly, 5.5 in 2 weeks 32 since joining TOPS ... btw, what's "TOPS"? I hope you win the regional prize! Andrea, 25 shed in 6 weeks! and inches off the middle! I've just started measuring inches so I'll have something else to see 'shaping up'.

Wyllenn, I know what you mean about the post being overwhelming sometimes. That was one reason I didn't post much from the time I joined in June until this last month when i got off the truck. I'd check in and read occasionally, but it was like walking into movie halfway thru - I felt like it was rude to bump the person next to me and say "Hey, what's the story line so far?" If I HAD checked in a little more, maybe I could have gotten back on track then, and I'd be further down now.

Like now... Hi everyone! Did Curves this a.m., am up to 45 oz of H2O so far (cuz I've hardly had any last couple of days,) and I'm off to do homework. DH is due home tonight so I probably won't get to ride the monster-horse

Let's see... I hope Julee's phone's start working Right (did you say SBC - they had my DSL down a couple times over the weekend.) Jen, It's SO tough to walk the straight and narrow after that time off to party, but YOU can do it!! Be strong! Ammi, Fantastic that it feels so good to be doing the RIGHT thing! (I remember the old days, when the opposite seemed true.)

Sorry for those I missed! I hope you know I wish you all a big or , as needed.
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #23  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLifeWithoutHorses
Jilly, 5.5 in 2 weeks 32 since joining TOPS ... btw, what's "TOPS"? I hope you win the regional prize!
TOPS stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly--it's a non-profit international organization for weight loss support. They hold weekly meetings and weigh-ins for support, education, and accountability. It's WAY cheaper than WW, JC, LAWL, or whatever other groups hold meetings, is not a 12-step program like OA, and each chapter is run by volunteers. They do not force you to follow a certain diet--you do what wrks for you. Check www.tops.org to learn more or find a chapter near you
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #24  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

I'm going to try to send a pic of my beloved Gabriel...

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Valerie Lynn\My Documents\My Pictures\Gabriel1.JPG[/IMG] http://<br /> <br /> http://www.3f...id=21667&stc=1

...but computer klutz that I am... It's not a great pic anyway, but it's the only one I have on the 'puter. Ah, well, nothing ventured....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gabriel1.JPG (37.1 KB, 18 views)
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:05 PM   #25  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Ugh, I typed a reply and my son deleted it before I could hit the send button!

Val, that is a beautiful horse you have there!

I was saying that it is hard for me to post sometimes because I feel so far behind. I will try to post more often. I really want to...

Do all of you measure your inches? I haven't yet and I don't even really know where to start. lol

Hope that all of you had a good week and have a GREAT weekend.
ahill1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:56 PM   #26  

Andrea: Yay, 2 inches from your waist! Isn't that fantastic?

I had all my measurements written in a notebook. I had been keeping up with them and re-measuring every Monday (I was being a little compulsive, but I wanted all kinds of feedback and encouragement). Anyhow, I wrote a to do list on a later page in the notebook and stuck it in the car on our trip to the in-laws last week. Well, the notebook is gone. I'm mostly troubled by it because I can't remember what the measurements were, but the idea of someone else finding it is a little worrisome, too. Arrgh.

I bet I'm going to have a no loss week or even a gain coming up in a few days...I haven't exactly been following my plan very strictly.
amylizmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:37 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Valerie - I think at times we all feel the amount of posts on here can be overwhelming. It's one of the reasons I want to try to make sure people, me included know that there's no hard and fast rule that you have to reply to people. Yes it's nice if you have time to do it, but just pop in with your news even it it's all you have got the time to do

I loved the picture of your horse, talk about Black Beauty!! Gorgeous!

I am glad that you got to curves today. I wish they did something like that here. I might be more inspired to exercise if I could do something like that. Or SANTA I want an elliptical trainer

Jill - I am sure I have said this before, but I'll say it again I think that an organisation like TOPS is brilliant. WW, and Slimmers World, Jenny Craig and all of those are all there saying they care about you, they care and they want to help you lose weight. BUT they don't care enough to not charge you for the help, or just charge you a small amount. I remember that when I used to go to WW they even charged me when I missed a week because I didn't have a sick note, or permission from them to take a holiday week. Shocking!! TOPS sounds wonderful, kind of like this website but where you don't need the Internet

Manda - please don't be put off posting if you have fallen behind on everybody's news. It's wonderful to hear from you regardless of if you comment on what everybody else has said.

So far I haven't measured myself but I am going to do it this weekend. I will need those losses shown on the tape measure for those bad months when the scales don't show any losses.

Amy - expecting a gain or no loss is the best way to think, then if it does happen it's not so upsetting. You could be pleasantly surprised though and see a bit of a loss.

Sorry you lost your notebook with your measurements in it. Let's hope that if anybody does find it they won't be interested in looking in it or if they do, let's hope they are strangers that don't know you. I hate admitting to anybody about how heavy I am, and my measurements I am sure will be just shocking!!

Sharon (neurotic) - I can see from Yahoo that you have lost more lbs again. How are you losing so much so fast? You are doing brilliantly!!

Sharon (voodoo) - Yay we finally got to chat today. It was great to catch up with you.

Alison - how are you doing with the diet, are you doing the GI one?? Hope it works well for you.

Got to go again now. Oh and no problems being back on track today, it's thrilling Take care all, bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #28  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Another day, and another day that I am late. I went to the dentist today to get a loose crown re-cemented, and had to keep them from taking an X-ray. When they asked why, and I said I might be pregnant, everyone gushed over me. It was strange. I have been having the strangest cravings. I had to buy some hot tamale candies. I hate them. They hurt my mouth, but I had the need to put them in hot chocolate. I've lost an inch everywhere but my bust, which has grown an inch this week. They are so sore that I can't even wear a bra right now. At least I was able to get a decent morning routine down. I eat some yogurt, then throw up. After that it is safe to take my morning medicine. If I don't eat something, I just dry heave for a half hour. The dentist said all the throwing up is what loosened my crown. Oh Lord, my world has taken a dramatic twilight zone twist.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:29 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Hey Ladies!

I think I'm one of those who gets overwhelmed at lots of posts too. It's all or nothing for me too! If I can't do something perfectly, why do it at all? Don't you think that's what got us here to begin with? If I couldn't be perfect on a diet or exercise plan or whatever, I wouldn't try at all. SIGH - I'm learning slowly but surely not to be that way anymore - it's tough though, isn't it?

CATHERINE: Sure sounds like the rabbit died. I only had 2 pregnancies, one ending in a death. But when I was pg with my oldest son (19) my boobs hurt so bad I could barely wear clothing for the first 3 months. My four youngest kids are adopted so I obviously wasn't pg with them. I hope you feel better soon and find out some answers.

MANDA: Amy's cake was beautiful. You did a great job! Yes, I measured at LAWL on my first day and again about a month later. It's great to see those inches go down too!

VALERIE: Gabriel is simply gorgeous! Thanks for sharing his picture! How old is he? I don't know much about horses, but my 8 year old son just loves them. We live in a subdivision so can't have one, but he sure would love one! I used to go to Curves before I injured my knee. I sure like it - one day maybe I'll be able to go again.

Hello to all you other sweet chickies on here!! Have a GREAT weekend girls!!

mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:35 PM   #30  

I feel so much better after Ammi's post!!! Takes a bit of the pressure off not having to answer everything... THANKS, AMMI!!!

Julee -- What a sweet bf after an awful dinner! I've cooked up my share of baddies (tonight was kidn of in that direction...) and it really is nice to have someone be so supportive! Though, sometimes we do go out after all!

Catherine -- It does sound like you may be.... We are all anxiously awaiting the news!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!