Old 11-03-2005, 08:05 AM   #31  
Hang In There

Just a couple of minutes before I leave to go exercise. My costume was a great big bakers/chef's white hat, (the kind that falls to one side or the other) and old white chef's apron that had a black and orange logo oon it saying "Now your are cooking" It had a small breast pocket like a pen pocket, so I put in black rubber utensiles in the pocket. I found an old pair of glasses and velcroed a plastic nose from years past, and made up my face in extreme and had smeared "chocolate running down my face. I didn't take any pictures, but if I can get my hands on any anyone else took, I'll post it. I also had on black strech capries and orange shirt and orange sock!! The fashion police would haved arrested me for sure!!!

Barb
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:11 AM   #32  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Morning gals!

Ruth: Enjoy your trip!

Yesterday was my boyfriend's birthday. We had dinner at home that our friend C made for us--steak, jacket potatoes (a/k/a baked potatoes), sweet potatoes, brussell sprouts and carrots. I watched my portions and had a nicely balanced meal. Yumm! No birthday cake--that will be tonight when we celebrate with more friends!

I was in such a foul mood yesterday. You can read more about it on my blog (link in signature). I am making a conscious effort to keep my mood light and let stuff roll off me.

I'll check in later!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:35 AM   #33  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Default MIA these past couple days...

HI! Thanks to SBC Yahoo DSL, I was out of commission for a bit, then the last day or two I've been really busy (can I include yesterday's nap as "busy"? ) I've been doing good with food (hey, I only had 12 Cheese-Its, and that whole bag of SF gummi bears was less than 200 calories.) I've been religious about Curves, plus I've been cleaning stalls at the barn, AND, the highlight of my week - month - year - I got to ride the percheron at the barn. He acts like I'm 120 pounds, and considering that he was bought from the Amish and what kind of work he'd be doing if Melissa hadn't bought him, I don't even feel sorry for him if he has to carry me around. It was GREAT! But oh, you have no idea what my back feels like after working out, shoveling, pushing that wheelbarrel and riding a monster-sized horse. Good thing I did get a nap yesterday, because all night I hurt so bad I couldn't sleep. About 5 am the image came to me of our Curves coach saying to me and friend Barb "I'm so glad you girls understand the importance of stretching." (At the time I wanted to tell him "We aren't stretching - we're praying we can get up off the floor.") Lying in bed I did all the slow stretches I could think of, and wow, did that help! I still ache, but at least I could sleep for 3-4 hours.

My husband is coming home unexpectedly tomorrow, and I have SO much to do before he gets here. I'll be glad to see him, but I was really enjoying not having to worry about anybody elses schedule, supper, etc. I also wanted enough time working on my exercise & weight loss that he might see a difference. He'll be working constantly as soon as he gets here, so now I have to feel guilty if I'm not tied to the house and working just as hard. In these last couple weeks, I've been as happy as I've been in years - being home, working out, riding, getting ready for Christmas and visiting old friends I've hardly seen in years. I love him and I'll be very glad to see him, but somehow I feel like the party's over... So now I feel guilty about that, too. I hate guilt; It makes me mad. Now look at the quandry I'm in. sigh.

I better rip a couple answers off here, and get to work... (of course, "work" today means wrapping Christmas gifts, and I LOVE wrapping gifts, so don't feel too sorry for me )

Lilion - Thanks for the explanations on your medieval stuff - sounds SO fun...
I'm horrified by what happened to your poor son! And saddened that the world has become a place where those offenders are so commonplace and their own parents don't teach them any better...
And I hope you've gotten over your own Choc-attack! I love all those same yummy things, but your looking TOOO good in your new suits, making TOO much progress in the healthy direction to let them seduce you! NOW, before it's TOO LATE - EVERYONE!... just put down those wrappers, and step aWAY from the chocolate!

Thin - MYSTERY Shopping??? What means this "mystery shopping"???

Ageoldie - It's so nice that you care. Believe me, we - the patients - really appreciate you! Sometimes it's so nice just to hear someone say a compassionate word, and I bet you do!.. And as for your start on this month, bravo! It's gonna be a good one! Keep it up!

2cute
- You're off to a good start for the month, too! ...I actually LIKE that Curves takes all those measurements. I don't necessarilly want to see them when they first take them (having an arm bigger than Scarlet O'Hara's waist is a bummer) but from there on it's one more way to see success. Even if the scale isn't cooperating - which sometimes it doesn't even when we ARE very good - those other measurements tell the truth. I'm looking forward to watching my BMI fall. I think I manually calc'd it as something over 60 before I started to lose weight, and they had me at 53.7 when I started at Curves. Even if my weight doesn't go down lots, if I see the BMI drop, I Know I have more muscle and am taking on a better SHAPE, & that's more positive reinforcement. Every day as a heavy person I've felt BAD about almost everything - bad that I can't ride, Bad that I huff & puff, Bad when people look at me, Bad that... Ya know? ...But all those different measurements are just yardsticks for PROGRESS now. For me, it's GREAT motivation!

Jen - I hope your day brightens and you're able to de-grump! I hope the sun is shining where you are. I hope you can feel it on your face, smell autumn in the air, and feel a little frisky yourself!!

Everyone have a happy, high-water day!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:15 PM   #34  

Good Afternoon Ladies!

No time for real replies or even a substantial post. Please forgive me!

I'm here. I'm eating too much. I'm overworked, stressed and really in need of a week off - again. It's a absolutly incredibly wonderfully super-duper beautiful day today. I'm stuck behind a desk until 5, then home for a quick and somewhat fattening dinner, then in puppy kindergarten until practically bedtime!

Hope you all are doing well.

I've determined that all the people who think Halloween is the devil's night have it all wrong. It's not the night that's evil. It's the candy!

I'll post after my Dr. tests tomorrow!

Last edited by Lilion; 11-03-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:58 PM   #35  
Dancing those pounds away

Good afternoon Everyone. It sure has been s l o w in here lately.
I am going to start a new thread if no one minds.
Come follow me to Volume 18.
See you all there.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote