Old 11-01-2005, 09:32 AM   #16  

Angry

Happy All Saints Day Ladies!

No, I'm not Catholic and I have no idea what this day is all about. But I know what day it is.

I also know that there are a few kids in this town that need to do some serious repenting today. My 10 yr old DS got his first experience with assault and battery last night. Like most towns we have a main drag for trick or treats. I dropped him and a friend off at one end and told them I'd meet them at the other. I only drove about five houses though and stopped, thinking I'd watch for them then go on. There were probably a hundred kids out, most with parents, older kids, 10 and up, by themselves. Anyway, I never saw my son and his friend go by. I finally decided they must have passed me and went on up the street. I get a call from my DH and DS is in the school (which is at the end of the street). A gang of bigger kids stole his mask and punched him in the face twice before he ever got the the first house! I missed them because they ran up the other side of the street to get away! I'm still just livid! I called the police, but they had bigger fish to fry and couldn't even get to us within a decent amount of time, so I took him home, we got another mask from a prior year, and he and his friend trick or treated some quieter neighborhoods. (With mom looking on every minute!) Look at my poor little guys face!

This was last night. It's nice and black today. He'll have a great show and tell!
And this was the mask that was soooo important that somebody else have. $1.50 from the grocery store...we put some scratches on it and splattered with red nail polish.

(Yes, my child went as Jason. No, I've never let him see these movies.)

Needless to say, I'm in a pretty foul mood today still, even though he got over it pretty quick.

And yes, I ate a lot of candy.

I'll talk more later when I have time and can talk about something other than rotten juvenile delinquents.

Last edited by Lilion; 11-01-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:55 AM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Just a quick hello!

Oh Lillion: That's awful!!! You'd think the little hooligans could get enough candy on their own without messing with other kids out to have a good time. But like you said, I guess it was about the mask, since your son hadn't really even begun to trick or treat yet. How terrible!

Terri: We didn't have as many kids here as I had planned for so we have LOTS left over. I told Honey that any of the unopened bags I was taking back to Walmart. They were only $1.50 a bag, but cheap does NOT mean I'm keeping all that crap around here! The boys haven't been old enough to Trick or Treat in years so the only culprit bringing candy in the house for Halloween is ME! I'll be making a trip to Wally World TODAY!!!!

Jen: I'm so glad you have such friends that you are close to. It sounds like a blast staying with each other and exchanging households for a bit. Have you begun building your house yet? Or are you still in the planning stages? Very fun!!!!

Ruth: I'm with you, bring on the potatoes!!!! Although I have to say that I did have my fair share of candy last night. It was fairly nice here. A bit breezy and cool, but nice enough for the kids to be running around with their costumes showing instead of hidden under overcoats. The rain helf off until 8:00 exactly, and that's when the street was almost deserted and the neighbors were all gathering to gab.

Valerie: Actually, all of the ticket stuff IS done by computer, but I work for a company out of California who is hired by the movie industry, ie: Universal Pictures, to send people like me into theatres around the country to do independent patron counts and then compare them with the Ticket Sales Reports that the theatre generates to judge accuracy. For instance, in my theatre (well the one that I've been doing for 3 1/2 years) there is a main area with 4 auditoriums and 2 wings that have 13 auditoriums a piece. There is only one main ticket taker. So once you're in, you're in and we have quite a few people who go from show to show to show, sometimes staying all day but have only bought one ticket to get in. This audit will show those discrepancies. I got into it as part of the mystery shopping that I do for a living. The job just sorta came up one day, I liked it, and I've been doing it ever since.

2cute, honey: I think the only advice I have for your sleep troubles is to slowly re-program yourself. I've read that if you go to bed at the same time every night (and don't get back up when you're just laying there wide awake) and set your alarm for the same time every morning that it might take a week, but your body will re-program itself. Good luck.

The "baby" got his keys last night. I went with him to meet the seller at "his" house and then we walked through making note of what he can live with and what he can't. We've got a small bathroom to strip wallpaper off of. It's little flowers and all of the seams are peeling up. I think I've convinced him to paint it all, much to Honey's disappointment!!! And the carpeting HAS to go!!! The dog as peed all over. The off white carpeting is NOT off white anymore!!

When we did the walk through just to see it before he bought it I had looked at the kitchen, but hadn't really opened any cupboards or anything. WOW, they're beautiful!!! He has one lower that has rollout drawers. He has a lazy susan in one corner cabinet. His upper corner cabinet, the door is hinged sorta in the corner, but all one piece so when you open it, it swings flat and exposes the whole corner cupboard. No dead space. They all have the European hinges on them. They are really nice.

She left a sofa, chair and a couple of lamps in the basement. Some small decorative mirrors behind one door (I think she just forgot those!). But other than that, she didn't leave much.

It's a good thing that #1 Son's house is ALMOST finished so we can start working on his!!! Honey asked him last night how many friends he has that can paint.

Well girls, I do have to work today. I'm going to the other side of town, having lunch with a friend and then doing a $30 reimbursement shop. Should be FUN!!!! The only not fun part is driving back in rush hour traffic!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:00 PM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning ladies.
I hope everyone survived Halloween without too much damage.
Although I did succumb to a handful of mini size candies... I do not feel I did bad at all.
And an even BIGGER victory was at dinner......

Ever since I decided I was going to start my program again Nov 1st I have been getting myself my favorite dessert after EVERY MEAL. out. *blush* You know that mentality of "I better get it now before I start my diet"

WELL ... last night we went out for dinner and I substituted grilled veggies for a baked potato/fries and I did NOT get my dessert. YEA !!!
Plus I got in 60 oz of my water. I fell short of my goal ... but I upped what I had been drinking.
PROGRESS ...definitely progress !!!

Can't do replies now. I have a longggggg "to do" list waiting for me.
I am determined to be productive today.
Hope all of you make the most of your day too.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:00 PM   #19  

Well, I'm back! Took all day though.

I'm doing very, very badly on the Halloween Candy front! I just don't have much resistance to the chocolate stuff. Especially with peanuts, or peanut butter, or caramel, or just more chocolate!!!! STOP ME BEFORE I EAT AGAIN!

I slapped together a chicken chili for dinner when I was home for lunch. We still need to grocery shop. I'll do my best to stay away from the kids bag o' goodies tonight!

Hope you all are doing better than me!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #20  
Hang In There

One of the disadvantages of having oleAlvin working again, is having to cook dinner every night. It's been so long since I've been on a schedule like this, i'm not sure what to do. The advantage (other than a paycheck) is having him leave before I do in the morning. We did didn't have any trick or treaters last night. When I got home it was already getting dark and I noticed that none of the other houses on the street had their porch lights on, so I decided not to be the only one. Sorta strange. We had a costume contest at work yesterday and I tied for second place. It was fun.

Then we had a really bad incident happend yesterday and I lost my cool with the practice administrator. I'm one of those people who don't get mad very often, but when I do, I'm really mad. Well this lady was 15 minutes late for her appointment and the doctor that was supposed to see her left, and when I went to the administrator to see if something could be done (she was getting an infusion treatment and really the doctor doesn't necessarly need to see her) He said she shouldn't have been late!!! I was livid, this is a three hour treatment and the lady had taken the afternoon off from work and I felt like the patient should have been treated, but I don't run things...far from it.. and my opinion didn't count.
Anyway I guess that's what I get for caring.

Anyway I did go exercise this morning and am on the right foot for the month. Hope everyone has a great week!!!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 05:46 AM   #21  

Smile Good morning!

Good morning ladies, I thought I had better get in here earlier than I did yesterday. I had to get off the computer and go and play hostess to my Mom. I had thought I would get back in here sometime yesterday to finish posting, but that didn't happen! So here it is a new day. Grab a cup of coffee and join me

Oh Lilion, I bet you could have whopped those boys for what they did to your son. Isn't it sad how things are now? I keep asking "What is happening to our world, when did people get so barbaric, just plain mean"?

2cute, doing good! No dessert and veggies in place of potato, go girl!

Terri, your taco soup sounded so good! I thought I would make chili in the crockpot today, but when I looked in the pantry I didn't have what I needed to make it, bummer! Maybe later this week after a visit to the grocer.

Barb, cooking every night would not be my bag either! Since we retired I have made our big meal at lunch and never cook at night. I would hate to have to do that now. When company comes they already know that they will eat dinner at lunch etc. I make no exceptions. But then if oleAlvin is working, you gotta feed him!

Thin, It sounds as if you are getting ready for another round of painting and cleaning. We have about finished with the painting here. My DH got the eaves painted and all of the outside wood, doors etc. That is a lot of work! I still think I will pull down the wallpapper in the kitchen and just paint it. It seems as if wallpaper is passe now. Of course by the time all of mine is removed,and everything painted, wallpaper will probably be the trend again!

Hey Jen, what's up with you? Busy with your friends?

That is it for this morning girls, see you later. Iwillbe...Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:22 AM   #22  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Morning gals!

Ruth: We are enjoying our friends visit very much! They are glad to be away from the England winters!

2Cute: I admire your good choices!!

Ageoldie: The doc did not need to be a jerk about it! Life happens--people run late.

See ya later gals!

Lillion: I say we get a "mommy gang" together and go give those boys a group spanking How is your son today?
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:25 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Just dropping in to say that I've gotten in my workout this morning. 50 minutes of weights, pilates and spinner. It feels good to be back to working out. Now my next goal will be to add more cardio stuff at night. Either increase the dog walk or somehow rev it up. I should do a video or something at night in addition to the dog walk.

Dinner last night was a pork chop, green beans and corn. Lunch was taco soup. Today will probably be taco soup for lunch and a salad. I think tonight is the Florentine meatballs. Hope they are yummy.

Lilion - That is awful what those boys did to your son. I'd be wanting to kick some a$$ over it. Now how about some a$$ kicking for all the candy!! Either freeze it or get it out of the house. You don't want to undo all the good NSV's plus scale victories. Come on, time to get over it and move back on to your health plan.

Ruth - Enjoy your day!

Barb.G - You've both moved into a new phase of life and you'll have to create a new routine. Good job for getting in some exercise. So what was the costume?

Thin - Get off the junk food too!

2Cute - Good job! Get to working your program because you know when you do, it makes a big difference. You can do it!

Ooops, look at the clock. Gotta run off to work. Its going to be a beautiful fall day. Sorry if I've missed anyone, just run out of time.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:00 AM   #24  

Good good morning friends. I am taking 10 minutes to check in. Unfortunately yesterday I never did become productive... BUT ... I have been VERY productive today and don't want to stop the roll I am on.

Lilion... Thanks for posting the pics. I understand the difference now.
We have a museum here that every year has a group that lives the lifestyle of the olden days on their grounds. They open it to the public to ask questions and see how they live. It is not a festival or anything... very basic.
I am so sorry about what happened to your son. Even if they wanted to steal his mask they didn't have to hit him.

Valerie ... Way to go joining Curves. I wish you could join and not have to be weighed or measured. I have a Curves very close to me. Heck I think they are close to everyone these days. LOL That one year contract is a deterrent too. I am going to call them and see what hours they are open. I know they have WEIRD hours.

Ruth/Iwillbe .. I LOVED your post to me. Quote..... [b"]I just plain don't like water! Of course I don't like exercise or dieting either, but it has to be done"[/b]
I LOVE that way of thinking. I say it is no different than telling our kids to clean their rooms. They don't have to want to... they don't have to like it ... they just have to DO IT.
With that attitude we ALL can succeed.

Jen... You and your friends have a long winter ahead of you. It is great that you all get along so well. I don't think I could live with another family for an entire winter. LOL I am soooo set in my ways. LOL Hmmm... I do have one set of friends that maybe we could do it successfully.

Terri ... We spent Halloween night at my grandkids house with them. It was actually fun this year sitting on the front porch handing out candy. Their neighbors were very decorated and played fun Halloween music like "Monster Mash" and such. Not that scary stuff.
I am sooo happy to see you back on track. I am getting there. A little better each day.

Thinthinker... I put myself in bed last night with a crossword puzzle book and refused to get up. I eventually fell asleep and got a good nights sleep. I think I may have to stay off the computer at night because that really wakes me up. Unfortunately that is when I do my best posting. LOL
I am excited for your boys getting their first homes. I know my daughter is excited... she gets her keys TODAY !!!

Barbg... Congrats on taking second place for your costume. Tell us... what did you wear ?? Can we see some pictures ???
I can totally relate to not wanting to cook. I HATE cooking dinner DAILY. I would really hate it if I had worked all day too. Ask Alvin how he feels about cooking every night. Maybe work out a deal that he cooks on Mon and Wed... you cook on Tues and Thursday. Weekends are non cooking meals... or eating out. OR you could reverse and cook on weekends and not during the week. LOL Magic word for cooking... CROCKPOT.... I use to always take advantage of one pot meals. Easy clean up too.

To EVERYONE with Halloween candy laying around.
THROW IT AWAY !!!!!
There is NO reason justified for keeping it.
It doesn't matter you paid for it. The price you will pay to keep it is your SUCCESS.
It doesn't matter if you want to save it for company... BE HONEST ... company will never see it.
What matters is YOUR SUCCESS !!!! Keeping candy in the house is like playing Russian Roulette. Would you tell your teenage child to keep drugs in his room just because he paid for it. Would you tell them it is a waste of their money to throw it out.??
SUGAR is our drug of choice. Get those drugs OUT OF THE HOUSE !!!

Okay... I have been here MUCH LONGER than any 10 minutes.
I am off and running. One last load of clothes to wash and then folding and putting those away. I have worked hard for 2 hours already this morning... 2 more to go before I can take a break again.

Slogan for the day...
"If you don't want to slip and fall ... stay out of slippery places"
Old 11-02-2005, 12:33 PM   #25  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

It's 10:45 and I'm STARVING! I know this is probably due to all the candy the last couple of days... ...I WILL NOT EAT MORE CANDY! I had cereal for breakfast and a banana for a snack. Lunch cannot be eaten before 12 or I'll be starving again before dinner! So, I'm here to talk about how hungry I am so I don't eat...

That chicken chili I made yesterday was SOOO good! I have it for lunch today too. I can't remember where I got the recipe. I also don't know the points, but I don't think it can be too bad. It's 3 boneless/skinless breasts, two cans of navy beans 1 cup FF chicken broth, 1 can corn, onion, peppers, garlic, cuman and oregano. Of course, as fast as we eat it, it only makes about 4 servings. But that's 1/2 can beans, 1/4 can corn, 1/4 cup ff broth and about 4 oz chicken. Can't be too bad (even over fritos - I'm hopeless! )

DS is just fine. He had a great story to tell and a little "battle scar" that got him attention. Still, ticks me off no end, the rotten little

Other than blow pops, which I don't eat, the only Halloween candy left at my house is in my son's treat bag. (Repeating to self: "I will not steal from my child! I will not steal from my child! I will not steal from my child!") After all, he earned that candy the hard way! Of course, the reason there is no candy at home is DH and I ate them all...Why oh why did I buy Reeses???

I'm wearing yet another of my rummage sale finds - a terrific green and black suit in a size 20! It's really cute and nearly too small, but the compliments are worth the worry of split seams across my butt! It also reminds me not to go looking thru candy dishes!

Went grocery shopping yesterday. While I did buy a couple of those new microwave cake yummies, I did pretty good on the grocery shopping. The microwave thingys are for DS - he'll get such a kick over making a dessert himself with no help at all, just add water and nuke. But Mom won't eat them - well, let's be honest, I'll take a bite - but JUST ONE! Thank goodness they are small!

The Dr. office just called, blood work all normal! While I suppose this is a good thing, I really hoped I could blame this on my thyroid or one of my meds - other than my BCP. I totally don't want to change that! We'll see. Ultrasound on Friday!

2Cute: Love today's slogan! Very appropriate!

Terri: I'm always so impressed by your exercise. I just don't have enough time in the morning and never seem to make time at night. I swear, if the pup's ever get the hang of the leash I'll be off and walking again!

Jen: I like the Mommy Gang idea! We are actually considering organizing a neighborhood Halloween party next year - keep the kiddo's close to home!

Barbara: I hate the cooking thing too! DH works four, 10-hour days now. I miss his old schedule when he got off at 3:30 p.m. Then he did the cooking all week. Now I'm lucky to get him to do it on Friday! The crock-pot has been my friend, that's for sure. What was your costume???

Ruth , Thin and Valerie: HI!

Well Ladies I think that's everyone. Sorry if I missed anyone. I'm wasting yet another day at the office, so I better go! It's now 11:25 - only 35 minutes to lunch!

Onward and Downward Ladies!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:13 PM   #26  

Lilion... I am impressed by your conviction to not steal candy from your child. LOL
You need to add... "I will not ask my son to share either"
Most kids are happy to share and that is UNACCEPTABLE too.

Michele... WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU ???? We are suppose to be in this together.
I need you... we all need each other.

Okay... gotta run. I really was productive today and it feels GREAT !!!
I have a few projects I still want to finish before bed.
Taco salad will be my dinner tonight. The weather here is BEAUTIFUL !!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #27  
I'm on my way!

OK OK I'm here I'm here!! The beginning of the week is tough for me! Two long days in a row! Plus one of them was Halloween!! Had to leave work early to go out with the little guy. He was so cute as Buzz Lightyear! He had more fun giving out the candy when we came back! He had some of the parents peeing their pants he was so funny! One little tiny petit lady bug came to the house, she was sooo tiny, Andrew was on the porch and she was at the bottom step and he points at her and yells over and over again "YOU little man! YOU little man!" I told him HE is the little man, she is a girl, she is a little lady, he kept laughing and pointing and yelling "YOU little man" he had her parents rolling on the grass laughing so hard. It was so comical!! He also got excited because one kid was dressed as Pikachu from Pokemom. He loves Pikachu! I actually had a great time! My neighbor Sherry came over and we sat in the rockers on the front porch and John went across the street and sat on their porch with her husband. Then last night we were all so tired and everyone is trying to get over a cold so we were in bed at 7 pm!

So anyway, I am here...to stay...I need to get this weight off of me again! I can hardly walk anymore!! I can't stand myself!

I'm going to go back and read the posts now and try and keep up with everyone!

So....keep up the good work to all the losers!! And...remember...NEVER GIVE UP!

Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:58 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute2Bfat
Lilion... I am impressed by your conviction to not steal candy from your child. LOL
You need to add... "I will not ask my son to share either"
Most kids are happy to share and that is UNACCEPTABLE too.
Darn 2Cute! You caught my loophole!

I must admit, I did ask my son to share. But it was only one little mini-peanut butter cup and a york peppermint patty.

I'll do better tomorrow!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:54 PM   #29  

Lilion... I know you well ... because I am you.
I knew that loophole because I have used it myself in the past.
I have confidence in you to do better tomorrow.
No mini's or tasting or ANYTHING tomorrow. I will be watching you.

Michelle ... good to see you. My brother sent me photos of his two grandsons dressed up for Halloween. They were soooo CUTE !!! Do you have any to share ??

Off to bed now ladies. I am trying to improve myself in MANY areas. Sleep being one.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:09 AM   #30  

Smile Good morning!

Good morning ladies, I don't have time to be long winded this morning, but I wanted to come and say howdy! We have a day trip planned so I am off and running this morning. I hope all of you have a fantastic day. Talk to you tomorrow. Let's go Christmas shopping!! Iwillbe....Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote