Old 10-30-2005, 06:15 PM   #31  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

I was away again this weekend..so now that I am all caught up on posts...I will drop a quickie before I run out the door to a meeting.

Foodwise it was a tough weekend. I was staffing another retreat and I was at the mercy of those who picked the menus. As always I brought fruits and veggies and whatnot with me so I was good for breakfast with my oatmeal and some snacks. Friday dinner..no prob...chicken, potatoes (I passed), loads of salad and green beans. Saturdaylunch a little more challenging...coldcuts and stuff. So I ate turkey and more salad and some veggies. Turkey coldcuts aren't "core" but it was better than eating the other stuff and the potato salad. Saturday dinner was a bust. Tuna salad and egg salad...no thank you! So I waited till we had a break and ran across the street to a little "fresh mex" type place and got a bowl with cabbage, black beans and grilled mahi-mahi...very tasty! last night the high school youth group had a big dance and OH the junk they had there...wow! In the end, I treated myself...they had a waffle maker and were making fresh belgian waffles. I had 1/4 of one plain..fresh from the iron..and it was perfect. Lunch today was pizza..so I ate veggies until I got home and was able to grab a proper lunch.

Still no idea what I am wearing the Halloween party tonight.

Catherine..SO HAPPY for you!!! Cannot wait for the juicy details My friend just got engagd to a Canadaian man. They are also having loads of fun with immigration so they are having a civil ceremony there then he is moving here where they will have the religious ceremony. He already has a job waiting for him which is nice..his company has a branch here in LA. But nonetheless she was telling me about all of the paperwork and hoops they have to jump through.

I talked to my dad about the whole ring shopping thing..I think he is more excited about the wedding than I am. After my step-sister was such an ungrateful B....about her wedding...and since she has been an even bigger B.... to my parents since then, my dad is all gung ho about helping us out. I just need to be patient with Jason and know that his intentions are true and that when the time is right it will happen.

I saw a bunch of people this weekend who had not seen me in a while..it was entertaining to me that some of them did not even recognize me. One guy told me that I looked great...when about a year ago I remember him making a rude comment under his breath about me being fat. Oh well..I can lose my weight but his hair won't grow back

Anyways..I need to unpack and get running to my meeting...have a fantastic rest ofthe weekend!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:00 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone-- Things got a little out of control tonight, but I think I'm going to spin this story as a success -- one thing I am learning from this forum...

Tonight we were supposed to get together with friends to go to a tofu place for dinner. Now, my only meal there so far mistakenly resulted in a whole LOT of fried tofu, but I was excited to go back. However, turns out they are closed on Sunday!! So... we ended up going to a nice Indian buffet place just next door. I love this place but was going in without having had a chance to plan for it!!!

The good news is, I did okay on my main course, all things considered. I filled my plate only once, it was not really full, and I had 2-3 bites of several dishes, plus rice... and a samosa... okay, it was really 2.

They brought my favorite Indian bread - naan -- to the table, and I only had 1 piece. That is a real accomplishment for me.

Then I had some dessert... and went back for seconds

That 2nd dessert run was the only time I felt out of control... and I think the damage was minimal. I am learning from everyone here. I know that I will get back on track tomorrow, and have decided to skip the halloween candy (I was thinking I would maybe have 2 pieces, but not after tonight). Progress, not perfection, right?? I did much better than I would have a few months ago, and every day I am learning HOW to do this. Plus, to paraphrase what I just said to Ammi, what, yesterday... this is for life, and in life, there is great Indian food.

That said, anyone know how to find out the calories in Indian food? I figure when I go back next time, I want to plan!

Lori -- thanks for your wishes for my baby. Fortunately, he doesn't seem too bothered by it all... we'll just have to wait and see.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 04:44 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Is'nt it amazing, I'm on holiday for a few days and loads of new people join and others return after a break of one kind or another, its great to see you all!

Not much to say really, no scales this week, on holiday, but walked loads and ate quite healthily, funnily enough we were hoping to go riding but because of a minor op for women's stuff I was'nt up to it. It was scary anyway, I would have had to go up to someone, or ring them and ask "Do you have a horse who can carry me, 19 stone 9lbs?" (or 275lbs) I might have died from shame or embarrassment!

No life...horses what breed/type of horse do you ride? when I was 18 I had an Arab -Thoroughbred cross, but I was only 150-160lbs, if I rode a similar one I think he would have a sway-back or splayed legs! Hubby promised me a horse but with two small children and me at home with them money would be tight, AND I don't want to ride a shire horse (A big British draught horse), I want another Arab cross or warm blood cross would be nice.

Its halloween tonight, got all of my choccy skulls, pumpkins and eyeballs in the garage still! unopened! will get them out later, as long as they are still in their bags I know that I won't be tempted.

Catherine, its great to see that you are back and congrats on your news, I hope that your future together is everything that you hope for.

bye for now,
sharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:34 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

S T O P ! !
Please do not post here anymore.

Instead, why don't you join us at the next thread entitled

300+ And Ready To Try Again.. #778
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote