3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready to Try Again...#777 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/67651-300-ready-try-again-777-a.html)

AmmiUK 10-29-2005 08:43 AM

300+ And Ready to Try Again...#777

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!

AmmiUK 10-29-2005 09:25 AM

Hello All,

Sorry I didn't get chance to post yesterday, I had a non stop day and I was so tired at the end of it I couldn't wait for 9.00 pm to arrive so I could go to bed. I slept well all night and feel more human now and able to pay posts here the attention they deserve.

Yesterday I went to see my GP and told him about all my ailments, leg pain, back pain, spots, a UTI, and also about what the consultant's registrar said to me at the hospital. So I got given antibiotics for both the UTI and spots, he checked my back, nothing feels out of place so he said it's muscular and just told me how I shouldn't stretch to lift things, twist at the waist etc. He checked my legs and although the calves are the same size had a blood test done to rule out the chance of blood clots. The tests were normal, so again it's just muscular. And finally about the hospital consultant, he said that the man was most rude and then he asked to see the wound under my tummy. He said there is a lot of tight scar tissue, and even as I was lifting my tummy he could see the wound opening more!! He said it's the scar tissue which is the main reason it won't stay healed, and that yes the moist environment caused from my tummy wouldn't help, but it's not the cause. YES!!! Now where is that hospital doctor lol.

Some good news, kind of :lol: When I told the doctor about me losing weight but still having an overhang even if I do get to goal because of saggy skin etc. He said well there is surgery you can have to deal with that. I said, yes I know, but I could never afford it. To which he replied well you could have it done on the NHS if it's for a medical reason rather than a cosmetic reason. So the fact that it would help my wound stay dry, and because my ostomy bag won't stick securely when all my skin goes soft and saggy would be a perfect reason to medically be eligible. BUT, on the other hand I hate surgery and I like to think I would never have it again. Still I guess this time I would be so much healthier and fitter and my recovery might be easier. It's a long way off yet, so I won't think about it too much. But it is good to know that if I need it I will be able to have it.

So that's my news.

Andrea - What a fantastic feeling that must have been, telling the nurse that you have been dieting and that you wanted to be weighed now. It's lovely too that she wasn't all blase about it, and was happy about how much weight you have lost.

Congrats :cheer: on getting to your mini goal weight, and a week early too. You should be so proud of yourself. It's amazing isn't it, we spend so long hating ourselves and how fat we are, but then as soon as we take control and see the weight coming off, even though we are still fat, we feel good about ourselves!! Who needs drugs :lol: just a good result on the scales, or buying a smaller size in clothes is all we need :)

Lori - that is wonderful news you had about losing 9 inches since the end of September. That's just over a month, that's amazing :bravo: I didn't measure myself at the start of my diet, but I will do at my next WI. I know I have lost some inches from the way clothes are fitting me now, but it would be nice to put a number to it, especially if the scales are mean and don't show me a good loss :lol:

It's rotten not being able to exercise isn't it. Can you imagine how much better we would be losing if we exercised too. You know I have been using housework as my exercise, well I can't even do that for a while. It's a bit hard to do the hoovering (vacuuming) etc when I am not allowed to stretch or bend. I can't even bend at the legs to help my back because of the pains in my calves. I will have to think of something else I can do for exercise that allows me to rest my troubled bones :lol:

Stacye - I hope those three days away aren't going to be too hectic, but just think of it this way, at least you know you will be too busy to think about food, AND all the running around you will be doing is great exercise. Still, you are right, it would be nicer to be having a nice relaxing weekend away. It's been so long since I had a holiday, I hope we get to go on one next year :)

You have done amazingly well so far losing 46 lbs, it would be awesome if your next WI shows you have made it to 50. You can see such a big difference already in your before and during photos :) thanks for sharing them.

Jill - :cheer: :carrot: that is wonderful news that you have lost 3.25 lbs. Good for you. Great to see those numbers coming down :)

Alison - you will have to let me know what you think of the GI diet. Are you going to start trying to follow it when you finish reading the book? My therapist was talking about it with me yesterday saying that it's perhaps the healthiest diet nutrition wise that you can go on. I am happy with my WW diet, but I wouldn't mind knowing more about the GI one.

Julee - sorry that you are still feeling so unwell, colds might sound like a little problem, but they debilitate you so much they really aren't that little after all. I hope you will be feeling better soon.

Oh I am so pleased that everything went well when you went to the jewellers to look at ring settings etc, and that your BF even made you cry by saying that he is intending to ask you dad if he can marry you. Traditions like that are just awesome. My dad was dad by the time I got married, but he was an awful man who in the end I had nothing to do with anyway, so I wouldn't want anybody to ask him for permission to marry me anyway. I digress though, I hope when your BF does ask your dad, and that when he does propose to you, it will be a memorable and beautiful proposal.

Shadiepurple - that is a beautiful thing you are doing, taking in your sisters children until she can get herself back on her feet. I appreciate how hard it must be for you having to look after three little ones when your own children are 15 and 20 and you have already been through the young years. Well I hope you stay strong, and that your sister will be able to get through all of her problems.

Vicki - sounds like you are keeping extra busy, who needs the gym when you have a house to sort out :) Congrats on the 4.4 lbs loss :bravo: that is wonderful news. You are doing so well. Seems to me that you are definitely on the right track to meeting your Christmas goal!!

Sharon (voodoo) - are you home yet. I have missed our chats this week. Hope your time away did you some good.

Sharon (neurotic) - hope you are still doing so great with your weight loss, I like to see your messages on Yahoo saying how many lbs you have lost. You are doing great.

Ok well time for me to go get some lunch now. Take care all and enjoy your weekends. It's foul weather here, so a good excuse not to do the washing/laundry today :lol:

Hugs,

Ammi :crazy:

Heather 10-29-2005 09:39 AM

So many messages from the last board!

Jen -- I hope you've been able to make better choices since your McDonald's incident! I think we really need to be able to put our bad days behind us!

Andrea – I just tried one of those balls in PT this past week. I can see how it would be fun. Have you tried yours yet? And what a great victory at the doctor’s office!!! And great weight loss in general!

Ammi – So sorry to hear about the computer virus! Those suckers can be worse than the kinds WE get, can’t they?? Glad you’re okay. And SO glad to hear you found a doctor who could really address your issues without waggling a finger at weight! Interesting news on the surgery, though I get what you mean about not wanting to do it… let’s hope you get to make that choice someday!!!! :) :)

I’ve been going to a pt about my back and trying to learn new ways to move so that I don’t continue to put stress on it. Last week we actually discussed the “proper” way to vacuum! Apparently, most of us move our arms and stretch too much. We should consider “dancing” with the vacuum. That is, keeping it closer and moving our feet more!! I hope you can find ways to move that work for you!

Stacy – Yes, the loss feels great! And people are starting to notice (which I thought would freak me out, but so far so good). The routine is VERY helpful. I hope your little non-vacation went okay, and that the weigh-in was positive! (or negative, with a loss, as the case may be…)

Jill – Congrats on the WL – how is your new TOPS group – I know you said you really liked your old one.

Shadiepurple – WOW! What a lifestyle change!! How are you holding up with your program and routine with all those new mouths in the house and all that extra work!!! I know you mentioned the expense, but is there new food in the house you have to adjust to?

Vicki – House projects really can be a lot of work! Congrats on the wl this week!

I really struggled yesterday to make good choices. I asked hubby to go to the salad bar restaurant, where I've been fine before, even though it's a buffet. One really nice thing is they have nutrition info on all but their newest foods right there at the restaurant -- really helps me make informed choices! But there are a lot of bad choices too! I had a great salad, and then tried a lowfat soup, which was only okay and I decided not to eat (that's good!). Then I had a ladle of another yummy soup, but it was new, so I will have to guess on the nutrition info. Along with that was a yummy muffin (also new to the menu :( ). Then I tried a pasta dish I didn't like, so I didn't eat it. Then I decided to try for something sweet, so I tried a choc. muffin with a little frozen yogurt. But I wasn't liking that either! So I didn't eat it all. By then I was getting frustrated cause I wanted to make good choices but didn't like what I was eating! The calories were adding up with 2 bites here and 3 bites there! Then I decided to go for the pineapple upside down cake -- but they were out at the time! So, we just left. I wanted to eat the fridge later that night but had some crackers, an apple; and some nice tea instead. I was at war with myself probably more than at any time the past few months. I know I went over my calories for the day, but I’m not too concerned, as I’ve been low the rest of the week.

I am very frustrated today because nutridiary is down and I can’t log my food! I’m trying fitday, but I just don’t like it as much… any advice on how to navigate through fitday???

As for all those romantic proposals, great stories! I had a lovely proposal which I will have to post one day! Julee, it sounds stressful, but try to enjoy this time of your engagement – it’s a nice feeling!! I hope your cold disappears soon!

going to lose 200 10-29-2005 10:06 AM

Good Morning Girls!!

Andrea, Jill, Vicki (and anyone I may have missed) ~ WooHoo!! Congrats on your losses. All these pounds and inches gone... FOREVER!!! :carrot:

Ammi ~ Happy to hear that you had a pleasant visit with your doctor yesterday. I am with you as well on the surgery. I have not discussed it with my doc yet, but I am sure that will come in the future. I am just going to try as hard as possible to tighten it up as much as I can.

Wyllen ~ I hate eating out now! I have come to that conclusion :mad: I went to our fav restaurant a couple of weeks ago and everything that was healthy enough, they took off the menu for the winter. How lame! I wrote to the company and everything when I got home. (BTW, hubby and I walked out without eating anything) Congrats on making the right choices!

ShadiePurple ~ I definately commend you! I was in a similar situation although it didn't come to keeping the kids full time. Things are on their way to working out! Stay strong!

As far as me, well I have barely exercised all week. The weather has been awful although that is not a real excuse. Steven hooked up the television in my gym last night so I got up and worked out for 20 min. Not enough but that was a start for the day. I am going back to work in a little over a week and I leave my house at 630. SO I want to get on track this week and try to get up at 5 and work out for 30 min so my body won't revolt when the time comes. Strength be with me *L* We also have a walking track in our building at work ( which in 5 yrs have never used once!!!) I am going to use my coffee breaks each day and walk. That will be 30 min minimum. Hopefully that will up my exercise routine a bit. I won't get out much during the winter months as I don't trust my footing in snow and ice.

On a more interesting note, I bought an inflatable punching/kick boxing bag! You put water in the bottom and it stands upright on the floor. I haven't opened it yet but maybe tonight after we get home from an anniversary party. I think it will be fun. It came in a set with 2 Billy Blanks dvds.

OK, I have talked enough. I have to wrap my neice's birthday gift. That party is this afternoon. At least there is only going to be hotdogs and cake there. Good thing I don't like either *L*

Have a wonderful day everyone! Time to hoist hubby out of bed and go for a walk. The sun is finally shining!

Brenda

CatherineM 10-29-2005 10:08 AM

I am finally back home. It was interesting, a 7,600 mile round trip on a bus. Looking back, the bus thing was a bit on the insane side, but I didn't lose any luggage, never missed a bus, didn't get robbed, and saw things that I only imagined. The last leg from Orlando to St. Pete was wild. I had a 5 hour layover in Orlando. We got in at midnight, and there were already 100 people waiting for the bus to Miami. They'd been in line since 4pm. These were people who had evacuated from south Florida and the Keys. They wanted to get home to see if they still had homes. It got pretty nasty. Fatigue, booze, worry, and fear don't make for a good mob mentality. It only resulted in two fights while I was there. They had the buses, but were waiting on drivers. I was glad to leave at 5am.

I won't be able to weigh for awhile. The trip made me swell up something terrible. I even had to take my engagement ring off, and it is a size too big. The doctor figures I have about a gallon of water on each lower leg. At least I didn't get a blood clot. The medicine I took actually caused bruising instead. I look like a ripe banana. Now all I have to worry about besides staying on my diet are things like immigration laws and insurance issues, not to mention trying to get my affairs in order to move across the continent. All of this has to be done without letting my roommate find out too soon. She's manic depressive, and if she finds out that I'm moving without her, she might get violent. The whole thing has taken on a Mission Impossible feel to it. I haven't had this much excitment since before I gained weight. "How long can the femme fatale spy keep her double agent identity secret?" Why does love make one so goofy? Love endorphins are much better than ice cream endorphins. What a ride. After we got engaged, we even ditched the chaparone. I tell you guys about that some other time.

AmmiUK 10-29-2005 10:09 AM

Hi Wyllen - it's amazing isn't it how much we have to catch up on when we are away from the PC for even half a day :lol: I love it though, it's good that this board is so active.

Oh that is really interesting that you were talking to your PT about the right way to hoover. I think my biggest problem is when I have to clean around the edges of the floor. I have to take the head off the hoover and then bend down to reach where I want to hoover. As I mentioned before I can't bend at the knees because of my legs, so it means bending from the waist which then hurts my back. I need a month at a health spa I think, doing nothing but be pampered and massaged, ah bliss :)

Sorry to hear about when you went out and just couldn't make right food choices that were tasty. I was going to try to make healthy choices when I go out on Wednesday to the Pizza Hut, but I know I won't be able to. So I will have a cheese pizza, a small one, and perhaps some garlic bread rather than a dessert. I guess that is being semi good :lol: I guess we will have to wait until the day to see what I end up doing :lol: Good for you though for not going home and eating everything in site. Those moments are real tests to our willpower and you passed with flying colours :bravo:

Looking forward to hearing your proposal story!!

Hugs

AmmiUK 10-29-2005 10:24 AM

Hi Brenda - Hey I thought you promised me photos of yourself and your Beagle all dressed up in your yellow raincoats. Sounds to me like you have had the right weather for the occasion :lol: Seriously, sorry that you haven't had chance to do much exercise, but you sound like you plan on making up for it soon.

Good job I am not going to your nieces party, I love cake and hotdogs, in fact on a recent quiz I did I said I would have a hotdog any day over a hamburger. It's nearly fireworks night here, 5 November. Normally we would have hotdogs, hamburgers and chips (fries) followed by toffee apples, mmm, then we would set off fireworks. This year though, because money is a bit tight and we are trying to save for Christmas, and because I am dieting and already have the 2nd and 3rd of November to have as treat days, well we are giving the fireworks night stuff a miss. Phew.

Catherine - sorry to hear that your body protested so badly from that bus journey, but I guess it was a doozy, and I am sure it was all worth it. So are you just loving being engaged now?? Are you having to keep the engagement as well as you wanting to move from your room mate. It's a shame you can't shout it from the roof tops, but if she might get violent, I guess keeping it quiet for now is your best option. When do you think you will be able to make the move, and how come you have to deal with immigration things, I thought you only had those problems when you moved country?

Anyway, glad to have you back,

Hugs to all,

Heather 10-29-2005 11:00 AM

Brenda -- Yes, I know what you mean about going out -- it has become a love/hate deal for me. I like going places with wonderfully exotic foods, but calorie counts go out the window, and so I lose control over the knowledge of exactly what I'm eating. But I want to do this for life, and I do want to go out to eat in my life, so I try to guesstimate as best I can and just watch portions. I AM now comfortable going out for sushi (one of my favorites), as I feel I have enough info (and if it's worse than I think, I don't want to know). We go out a lot less than we used to, and I think I make better choices, but it can be trying!

Heather 10-29-2005 11:04 AM

Oops! That message posted before I was done, but I guess I'll just continue...

Catherine -- Welcome back! We don't really know each other yet, but I've read your story. What a travel experience you had! And what a life of intrigue for a while. Congrats on the engagement and I wish you well with your roommate -- that sounds tough.

Ammi -- I'll join you at the spa!!! Sounds heavenly. Yes, when you can't bend your knees moving right for your back becomes much more difficult! BTW, good luck at Pizza Hut. Enjoy that pizza! This is for life, and life needs some pizza, I think!!

Off to the grocery for lots of good food!! Have a good day!

AndreaS30 10-29-2005 12:03 PM

Hey Girls!!

Ammi -- I am glad that you had better luck with this doctor and he was nicer to you than that other jerk. :) Pizza Hut sounds sooooo good. I can't trust myself to go there anytime soon. Although after my graduation next Saturday I think we are all going to go to Red Lobster for dinner so that will be an off day for me.

Wyllen -- I love using Fitday...I have found that I have to enter a lot of my own custom foods but it really helps me keep up with my calories, fat, protein and carbs. I don't know what I would do without it. My internet was done for a couple days and I was going nuts not being able to post on 3FC as well as get on to Fitday. Good job on making healthier choices.

Brenda -- Where did you get your inflatable punching/kick boxing bag? Let me know if you like it...I may want to buy one sometime in the near future. Have fun at your
neice's party!!

Catherine -- Glad you made it home safely.....Congrats again on your engagement. So when do you plan on moving?

Well I am off to do a grocery list of healthy foods of course so talk to ya girls later.

Heather 10-29-2005 01:44 PM

Andrea -- Well, I'm using fitday until nutridiary is back up (thank goodness for backup plans!), but I think I do prefer nutridiary overall. Someday, I'd like to hear people talk about the pros and cons of each site, because I know some of what I'm feeling may just be familiarity talking! Somehow I have a feeling that nutridiary may be down for a while, so I may get a chance to get more familiar with fitday...

You know, it's funny, I thought VERY briefly about whether I could use nutridiary being down as a way to give myself a pass on journalling -- good excuse, right? But I just decided that is NOT a good decision for me, so I just moved that thought right out of my head. I cannot afford to NOT make good decisions, and while 2+ months of journalling food has given me very good sense of what a good day looks like for me, I just do not trust that I have that sense well-developed internally yet... So, fitday (or perhaps something else), until nutridiary is back.

dogpal 10-29-2005 03:03 PM

:lol: Good Morning Everyone! I am finally back on line after being gone for sooooo long :^: I got back on line yesterday evening and I spent about two hours going through my over 200 emails then reading some of the 3fc forums. Whew. I missed a bunch.

1st... :welcome: to everyone who is new. You will love it here if you don't already. Everyone is so supportive and loving. :grouphug:

To all of you "LOOSERS" :carrot: :dancer: :dance: :cheer: :woo: :bravo: :cp:
Way to go getting rid of those pounds forever.

To those of you who are not doing as well: :ebike: :balloons: :sunny: :cheer: :coach: :tread: :workout: :goodluck: You can do it. Hang in there.

As for me, we moved to Northern Idaho, our house has sold then fell through then sold again. We signed closing papers on this past Thursday and Friday we found out the lady buying our house is selling a house too and her buyer didn't have a green card so, our house can't fund until her's closes and funds after the lady gets green card proof! I tell you what it has gone like this all the way for us. One big block after another. Supposedly it will fund by Wednesday of this week. Please pray with us that it does because all of my "things" pots, pans, dressers, bed etc is in storage down in Southern Idaho and we need some money to get it here. Honey loves his new job but we are playing catch up on the bills after his short unemployment from September. I haven't been able to join a club with a pool yet because of finances. So, that is another thing I am waiting for. I did surprise myself a bunch. After not walking much because of a hip injury, I have been going on a few walks with my husband and our dogs. The first time I did over 2 miles. I was very sore the next day but I toned it down the next times I did about a mile. I haven't walked in over 10 years so that was wonderful for me. I mean, I walk but not much. When and if I grocery shop I usually hold the basket for support but the first time I walked with Honey, no walking help at all just we and my legs. I even took our dogs for a walk one morning when Hubby was at work. I have lost another 5 pounds. Not much for a month but, I will gladly take it. It is 5 pounds I won't see again and I am now only 10 pounds away from my first mini goal! :carrot:

Futurediva, Shadie, Ammi and Lori: Thanks a bunch for missing me guys. It was a nice feeling to read the posts and see that you guys missed me some! I sure missed you. You all are like my family in a way. Kind of weird since I never actually met you in person. Some day maybe we can all meet.

Well everyone, looking forward to sharing my journey with you once again.

OH, OH, I almost Forgot. :o CATHERINE!!! Congrats Doll! I am so happy for you. I thought about you when I knew that you were in Canada. I'm so glad that you had a great time and that your sweet heart made it an official proposal. I'm sure you will be so blessed and happy together!

Blessings to you all,
Dogpal :lol:

futurediva 10-29-2005 05:29 PM

Hi ladies, im suppossed to be working, lol, but popped in to read the boards quickly. Dogpal, WELCOME BACK :carrot: , i truly missed your positive sweet posts everyday, dont leave us again, girl:) I will pray all goes smooth with yuor home sale.
Catherine: I am so happy for you, and glad to see you posting again. I missed your wit, and ability to make me think. Keep us posted on your wedding, move , etc.
Everyone else: hope your having a great weekend. All is well here, and i will post more later.
Take care:)

mom2fivesweeties 10-29-2005 06:35 PM

Hello Everyone!! :wave:

I'm in the TWOS!!!! Just hit under 300 today and am so happy! It's a major milestone that I had to share with all of you wonderful encouraging ladies! :carrot:

DOGPAL: WELCOME BACK!! You will hit that first mini goal in a hurry with all that walking! That's great you are doing that! :bravo: Hope you get settled in and I'll pray for all the things to fall in place - I think that uncertainty is a bigger stressor of anything isn't it?

CATHERINE: When we flew to India to get our twin Indian princesses, the flight was 24 hours - ugh - I literally couldn't walk when we touched down in Singapore - it was horrible - I know what you mean - keep us posted on your new life as it unfolds!

BRENDA: Let me know how the punching bag works out - my oldest wants one for a stress release - he has quite the temper and I think it would be good for him.

AMMI: Thanks for the kind words about my inches lost. I'm so glad you got a nice doctor and were able to talk with him. I'm sure you would be covered to get the surgery in the future if you would choose to. I have to use medicated powder after showering in all the fat folds - not sure if I would want to do surgery again either - I've had 5 major ones (female stuff) plus leg surgery - ugh - we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, huh?

Hope you all have a GREAT rest of the weekend!

NoLifeWithoutHorses 10-29-2005 07:15 PM

Gracious! So little time, so much up-catching!

Hello all! in just a few days I missed so much! A huge congrats to all those with victories! :goodscale

Dogpal, Catherine - :welcome2: BACK! Glad to see familiar - uh, "faces" from when I was here a couple months ago! You too, Jilly and Shadie. I wondered why I hadn't seen any post from you but now there you are! :D

Catherine, after spending years driving truck, I understand how horrible all that sitting is for your legs and circulation. At least I usually had a choice about when to stop, and could ride half the time with my feet up. It must have been a miserable ride, and I hope you recoup from it soon! I'm so glad there was a wonderful romance at the other end... My sister is manic-depressive & violent. We haven't spoken in years - since I turned her in for child abuse. They never even really checked her out. She gave an absolutely brilliant performance and convinced them that I was a threat and was trying to KIDNAP her son and take him out of state. Since then I have absolutely no doubt that she's capable of putting a knife in me, should the opportunity present itself. She's also the funniest, most charming person in the world... when things go her way and she's TOTALLY in control of everyone. Ah, well. Water long ago under the bridge, but it is a fine wire you're walking... Best wishes!!!

Dogpal, Glad you've made your move, but I hope you get your things soon! But on the bright side, isn't it easier to clean without all that silly furniture and stuff getting in the way? And who needs silverware for celery anyway? :D So very, very glad to hear you're walking more comfortably, and doing well with your weight!!!

Wyllenn, I never heard of nutridairy. I never caught on to Fitday, although it seems like a good program. I just felt like it took me too long to figure out how to enter stuff, so I keep a notebook instead. You're SO right - journaling makes a world of difference, for me anyway.

Ammi, Why do you have Fireworks night on Nov 5?? Sounds like a fun time, but I'd go straight for the toffee apples! ...So sorry that you're still having such pain and the healing just isn't going as it should! Surgery ISN"T fun, but perhaps it is a small blessing in disguise if they will remove that extra skin for you. At least it's not sudden emergency type surgery - you'd have time to prepare, it's not as invasive as having internal organs messed with, and you would probably heal better and be more comfortable in the years to come. I'm not big on surgery ( I still have my gall bladder AND MY stones) but to have that extra skin removed, I'd do it in a Red Hot New York Minute! And I don't even like NY. ;)

Brenda, I hope you can put some miles on that track at work soon. Did I understand that it's indoors out of the weather?? Do let us know how the kickbox contraption works out. Sounds like fun!

I just can't seem to catch up and say everything I wanted to. One thing I have to mention is that I've been looking at all the AWESOME successes on everyone's "ticker's", and it's really something! :cheer: But there really aren't enough cheerleaders and dancing carrots to pay full due to what list members here have done! I want my numbers to look like y'alls!

To that end, today I increased my water to 60 oz so far - not enough, but better than lately, and the day isn't over. Didn't buy Halloween candy until an hour before the kids showed up (and ran out in 35 minutes! :fr: ) and have genereally been a good citizen today. Oh yeah, and my scale is back to 300 even! It quivered cruelly on 299 for a moment, but I'm just glad that the 4-5 pounds I'd regained are now re-gone. Even with a night out last night, I am still in the game! And I don't feel like my ticker's lying anymore... I just couldn't put it back up - That would have made the gain to much like failure. Too permanant.

Now for some walking...