Old 10-28-2005, 04:49 AM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

GUESS WHO !!!!!!

Yep ... it's me .... 2cute !!

I just spent OVER AN HOUR writing a long post ... and then ...
my computer locked up when I hit SUBMIT. GRRRRrrrrrrrrrr
I LOST EVERYTHING when I had to shut my computer down.
I almost did not come back ... it is nearly 4am now... so I am not writing it again... but it was full of ....
and and and and and

I will try to get back again tonight and add some and an update on me.
I need to introduce myself to most of you. I am an oldtimer to the some... family to others.
I do want to say.... all of your commitments and determination and willingness to TRY AGAIN is what got me to post. Good to see everyone again.
I reallly wish you could have read my first post. IT WAS GOOD !!! LOL

Now to try and post this one. Wish me luck.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-28-2005 at 04:53 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 05:03 AM   #17  

Smile Good morning!

Good morning ladies, Yahoo, 2cute, It is so nice to see you back with us. Glad you found your way home. So what have you been up to? We missed you! (I missed you). I kept asking about you from time to time and if I thought you were reading that and not responding, I would have to look you up!

Today I am getting ready for weekend company so I don't have much time to sit on my behind at this computer. I did want to come and say good morning though. I am not sure what kind of meals I am having for the guest, but I have my thinking cap on. I will try to have something that I can have without feeling guilty.

Have a wonderful day, and keep on keeping on! Iwillbe....Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 07:51 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Just wanted to pop in real quick and say Welcome Home 2Cute! It's good to have you back. I don't post as much as I used to, but do pop in from time to time. I probably should get better with that. I'll try to come back later after the gym and grocery store.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:10 AM   #19  
Hang In There

2Cute: You have been missed!!! Welcome Back!!!

OleAlvin's first day at his new job went well. He said that they were having some kind of open house last night and a lot of company bigwigs were in town, so he didn't have a lot of info about bebefits etc but he thought the job was something he will like, and something that will not be too hard for hime to learn.

Now I have not excuse not to get back to exercising!!!

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:07 AM   #20  

Talking

Too Cute! You're BAck!!!

I'd wondered about you! There are so many ladies MIA, here and on the other thread! Glad to see you've found your way home!

I don't have time to post just now. Everyone at work is giving out their final "secret spook" gifts - yep, just like secret Santa. I have a parent in-person at 8:30 too so need to run.

Oh, but I wanted to mention that I'm wearing my actual lawyer clothes! A black wool skirt that somehome managed to survive un-motheaten in the back of my closet these last five or six years! Yea for me!!!

I WI today, will post later.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:14 AM   #21  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hiya 2Cute! I'm a new Old Hen, but look forward to meeting you soon!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:19 AM   #22  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

Told you I'd be back!

Just did the weekly WI and was happy to see the scale slipped down another lb! 257.5. I actually put that on the slider, not my fault it rounds down.

Yeah, okay, it's not my thyroid. I wouldn't be losing like this, when I wasn't really so good this week, if it was an underactive thyroid. I guess I'm just getting old. Actually, I'm going to call it VERY EARLY perimenopause if that's what it is! I was told today that I'm way different than I was 70 lbs ago. My friend said I was more "chipper". I've never been "chipper" before. I'm not sure I like being "chipper". That sounds like someone named "Bubbles" or "Buffy"!

I don't really have anything to say today...so I guess I'll go! You ladies all have a extremely wonderful day! (Maybe I am chipper! )
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:13 PM   #23  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Lilion, You're certainly not prying! The friesian has never even had a bridle on yet. I'm not going to risk MY old bones the first time up. I actually did ride the morab a few weeks ago. I wasn't always this weight and used to ride pretty well - like a banshee, actually, and usually bareback, even when I was over 200. The muscles remember their jobs, but there's no way they can balance all this weight. I tear myself up something fierce trying to really ride. Also, I worry about straining his back and other muscles since I ride so infrequently. He's an older horse and has never had any unsoundness, but he also isn't under any other work. When I rode last month I told myself I'd just get up for 5 min or so - just a couple laps around the arena. But as soon as I was up I was "high"! We walked to the field at the top of the drive and I stayed up for 20-25 minutes. It was heaven! Well, for me at least, but I was on top.

I just this morning found out I'll be home until Thanksgiving, so I can ride enough times to get both he and I in SOME sort of condition. Then I'll be on the truck for 3 or 3 1/2 weeks, home for at least 2 weeks at Christmas. After that, we'll see.

Also, I joined Curves yesterday, and I'm SOOOOO excited! I have a treadmill to use at home for some arobics on the off days. The environment is so great there, I can hardly wait to go back. I also got my eating 100% back on track yesterday, started drinking water again (although I only had about 30-35 oz) and today the scale has dropped back to 301 as of this morning. THe new haircut is a good one and helps add even more to my new attiTUDE.... gotta use 'im ...

Terri - Glad to hear your ponies are getting better!!!

I'm with you, Jen - progress, not perfection! I like that. They asked at curves what dress size I want to be Huh? It's not the destination that's important, it's the direction. Like the pioneers moving West, I'll decide when to quit when I get there.

Welcome back, 2CUTE! I've just dabbled on 2FC for a few months, as I've been off truckin'. But I'm glad to be here now, and very glad to meetcha!

Bobsgal - Glad you're "back on track"! Doesn't it feel good? And what better reason to miss time on-line, than the gym?

Barbara, forgive me for not being up to speed yet, but when are you going to KC. Vacation? I hope the weather is warm for you. Winters there can be pretty... brisk.

And Lilion? I'm sure that it's much better to be "chipper" than "perky". That's DEFinately Buffy language.

Off to put some miles on my new walking shoes. I've always promised myself that someday I'd get a pair that wasn't a Wally-world $5 special! Besides, I was splurging on everything else yesterday, why not shoes?

Success to all of you! Later,
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:00 PM   #24  
I'm on my way!

OMG 2Cute...I was just reading and was going to email you and say if you come back I will come back too!! I guess that is an omen since you were already here!!

So...Here I go again...never give up! I will keep on this journey till one day I hit my goal!!

Gotta get to bed now...I'll be back..(my famous words huh?)!!
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 12:09 AM   #25  
Dancing those pounds away

Thank you for all the nice Welcomes and Welcome Backs.
I am looking forward to knowing all of the new faces to me ... and seeing the old faces back too. I am too tired to post tonight. DH and I went to the movies and saw the new Zorro Movie. If you liked the first one you will like this one too.
I have so much I need to write about. Not because you need to hear it... But rather because I NEED to hear it. You know what I mean.

okay .. I am heading for bed. I am TIRED.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:37 AM   #26  
aka Valerie

Default Nights out

There's a new, must-see ZORRO movie out????? Yippee! My, but I do live a sheltered life.

Actually, I went out to the local dinner theatre last night for the first time and saw Footloose. I loved it! I decided not to deprive myself - it was too expensive and special to ruin by fretting too much. I ordered the fried brie appetizer, but we split it 4 ways. I had a roll ( ohmygosh, my downfall!) with my fish and rice (oops, more starch), and I split a piece of cheesecake (just an inch off the point). Oh, did I mention one small glass of wine before dinner? Anyway, I really enjoyed the evening, and I could have done a lot worse. As long as I don't spend the next 3 days with cravings I'll be fine.

Welcome back, Michelle, as well! I look forward to getting to know you.

Next decision: sleep or work horses?... Guess I better head for the barn.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:19 AM   #27  

Smile Good morning!

I sneaked off for a few minutes to say good morning to all of you ladies. Not good manners, but I didn't want to miss a day yet! I only have a minute though.

If I have missed welcoming any of you....

I haven't done badly with the food YET either, but there is always today and tomorrow In case you don't have a clue what I am talking about...I have company for the weekend. Guest I need to get back to See Ya later Iwillbe....Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:53 AM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! Just checking in briefly before bed.

I ended up getting a call last night at 4:30 about an open check for Saw II at the theatre I play "showgirl" at. It started LAST NIGHT!!! Apparently, my company got a new client, Lions Gate films, and so I had to turn my van around and head out there right away to do the counts last night. Universal Pictures, who I usually count for, only counts Saturdays and Sundays. Well, apparently, Lions Gate wants a Friday night count too. The money will be nice, but I didn't expect to be tied up this weekend!

I was also scheduled for the "sneak peek" of Zathura so Honey and I got to watch that one. It was pretty cute. Very Jumanji - like. It was entertaining if you've got some kids.

Food has been pretty horrible lately. I've been doing fast food again and not making the best choices I could. I'm not real happy with myself right now.

Ruth: Hope you're having alot of fun with your company this weekend. When will they be leaving? Tomorrow night?

Valerie: I LOVE dinner theatre. When we lived in North Carolina there was a really neat one. You went in and the place was built in a square. It had a main floor that was sqare and then it had 3 tiered layers going all the way around that held the dining tables where patrons sat. On the main floor was where they set out a wonderful buffet spread. Then when everyone had been served they removed the buffet tables and dropped the stage out of the ceiling. It was really cool. I'm sure glad you're being able to ride, even if it's only a little bit at first. I love horses and I love to hear you and Terri talk about them.

Lilion: I'll just refer to you as "perky". How's that??? Congrats on the loss AND on fitting into all those old clothes. That's really wonderful.

BarbG: I'm reallly glad Alvin seems to like the new job. That's more than half the battle!

Jen: I'm lazy too when it comes to exercise. I hope to one day get inspired but until then I'll cheer you on. Hey, did you get any damage from the hurricane or are you far enough north???

2Cute: It is sooooo good to see you here! I'm glad you finally dragged back in, we've missed your input here. Please come and write it all out. I know it does you a world of good and it helps all of us too.

Michelle: It's good to see you too. I wish you would come back more often and if it's 2cute being here, well so be it. Tell us all about how you're liking North Carolina so I can live vicariously through you.

Steph: It's great to see you too! Boy, it's like old home week. I see you didn't get back here after the gym and groceries, but you better stop in again soon. What's shakin' in New Jersey????

Terri: Good for you working back up to your norm when it comes to exercise. * Yes, we all watch Lost here but dang it's confusing, frustrating and down right twisted. Maybe that's what keeps us tuned in. Are you watching Survivor this Fall? We're hooked on that and Apprentice (Donald's NOT Martha's) again. It's about time Stephanie's tribe caught a break. And those girls on Apprentice are soooooo dumb. They are not using any skills whatsoever!

Well girls, I wasn't going to do any replies because I wanted to get to bed , but I did them anyway so I wouldn't feel so far behind. I am going to leave you now though. Hope you all make tomorrow a GREAT day. I'll be pretty scarce as I've gotta do my "showgirl" thing again tomorrow. See you all later. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 01:22 AM   #29  
aka Valerie

Default I rode... on the brink

Thin - The Carousel Din-Theatre serves you where you are and the stage is permanantly down. I was a really fun time! There's a show coming in Jan that I think I'd like to see called "You're Perfect, I love you... Now Change." I bet it's hysterical! ... I liked Jumangi, so perhaps I'll check out Zathura, too.

Just came home from the barn (horses are boarded while we're on the road. Farm purchase planned in the next couple of years.) I RODE tonight. It was cold, and all the neighborhood dogs were howling at sirens or something. A friend of mine rode with me and boy was she funny, worrying about werewolves... or at least coyotes. Anyway, 20 minutes in the saddle is good for the soul. I just hope both of us can walk tomorrow!

Food on plan, water improving - and I'm back down to balancing on the brink of suspense - the scale quivered on 299 before settling on 300 this morning. SO much better than when it just said "Error"!!!

Nite everyone!
Old 10-30-2005, 09:56 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume thread!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote